RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 14th, 2021, 09:22 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14748
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
I have a few maps in the game thread, in case you are interested.
Old Dec 15th, 2021, 03:14 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2114
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old Dec 15th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Reviews

@DebiRedHair Yes, that's good. Just wanted to see what you had in mind.
Old Dec 15th, 2021, 07:15 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3574
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Ready for a review! Ask away if you have any questions about Tanis!
Old Dec 15th, 2021, 08:33 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11717
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Good luck everyone. I have enjoyed reading everyone's submissions.

Old Dec 16th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Reviews

@The Dark Star Almost there. I'm going down the list of applicants top to bottom.
Old Dec 16th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Reviews

Last edited by Silent Rain; Dec 16th, 2021 at 11:54 AM.
Old Dec 16th, 2021, 08:14 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Zangul Zangul

Last edited by Zangul; Dec 16th, 2021 at 08:20 PM.
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 02:03 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, Zangul

Reviews...

Ok, everyone should have been reviewed. Applications have slowed now, but I will still leave them open at least through the new year. If we are still not getting any more, I might select the party earlier than planned, but I will wait until after the new year to make that call.

Last edited by Silent Rain; Dec 20th, 2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3574
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 03:43 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Hello everyone. Happy New Year! There are five days left before the deadline. Although I have not seen any new applications come in for a while, I am going to keep the deadline as its to get us past the new year.

That said, I am going to begin to do an initial pass of the applications to narrow down the party. If anyone needs to pull their application for any reason, please let me know.
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 05:13 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 153
JohnGrady JohnGrady
Greetings & Salutations!

I rolled up a character yesterday which can be found here. I know I'm coming late to the table. However, I was mesmerized reading the Beyond the Wall pdf and knew I needed to create a character to scratch the creative itch.

Brht N Gaithene is a Devout Acolyte Mage. I'm writing up her description, personality & history and will post it before your deadline.

- JG
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 11:42 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
JohnGrady JohnGrady
Bríht
right-aligned image
Character Name: Bríht Ní Gaithene

Playbook: Devout Acolyte

Description & Personality:

An attentive and curious young lady, Brht was always courteous to the patrons of her parents inn. Serving the patrons throughout the day, she would spend her evenings by the central hearth of the common room listening to the tales of a lonesome traveler or the rowdy songs of a minstrel. The mesmerized gaze of her deep blue eyes would be transfixed upon them until the wee hours of the sunless night sent them to bed or until Brht, herself, had drifted into slumber by the fire. On the evenings that the inn was a much quieter place, Brht's charming personality would often win the hearts of a few patrons with her relentless questions about their lives outside the walls.

Fidgeting with her auburn braids, Brht often leaves the impression of a quiet, unassuming young girl. But the red of her hair hinted at the fiery temperament that would burst out if her family's livlihood or, more often, her friends became under siege. Verbal threats or the draw of a blade made no difference to Brht. She was not afraid. Or rather, she didn't let fear control her actions. More often than not, a drunk or otherwise belligerent patron felt the sting of her sharp tongue, only to find themselves laughing nervously as the petite lass brushed off the encounter and launched the entire hearth room into rousing song of merriment.

She was like that. Confronting aggression with a white, hot passion before diffusing the entire situation and retreating behind her bright smile and infectious laugh.

History:

Growing up an only child, Brht was quick to make friends and fiercely defended them. Young or old, she always strove to find the good in anyone she met, and she called them "friend" from the start. This was her way with Padrig. She first met him years ago, as the veteran warrior would frequent her parent's inn when coming through town. He always disarmed himself when he arrived, handing the sword from his belt to Brht's father. "Never give a man a reason to question your intentions," he said to the young girl when asked why he'd given up his weapon. "If I give up my sword, they know I'm just here for a hearty meal and a warm bed. Besides, there are many weapons about the room if I need one. What matters most is the hand that wields the weapon and the heart that commands the hand."

She wished he'd been there. That night, last fall. The night they came to the inn. Weary and bloodied from battle, five men claimed to have fought the living dead and brought the hard-fought gold stained with their own blood into town. Their leader looked strong, but several of the others were sick; coughing and spitting blood upon the floor. Refusing to remove their mail, they laid their blades across the table. Brht knew their intentions when they sat down in the hearth room. Everyone did. It was not hard to discern and Padrig's words rang clear in her mind. When they demanded more ale, having drank more than enough already that night, Brht's father looked across the room at she and her mother. The young girl knew that look. She was to hide in the cellar and her mother was to get the sheriff's men. But there was no time. Their intentions were laid bare.

Brht strode across the room without hesitation. "You've damn well had enough of the brew and the room has heard enough of your belly-aching. Off to bed if you know what's best for you!" The unsavory mountain of a man that had been staring down at her father, looked startled for a brief moment before grabbing Brht by the throat. She struggled with his hands as she felt her feet leave the floor. Her father was pleading with the man, and her mother's voice rang above the roar of the crowded room. Yet, Brht could not make out their words. She heard them like a distant cry. Off in the woods. Like the wolves beyond the wall. Howling at their moon. Calling it by name. Yearning for an answer.

She clawed at the vises about her throat and felt a pair of hands upon her ankle. She looked down and saw a friendly face grasping at her feet before the room began to grow dark and the voices faded. She felt her consciousness slipping away. She was pulled into the darkness, while her friend struggled to free her. To bring her back. She heard steel ring out and cries. Her mother but not her father. Then came a single voice. Calm. Clear. Inside her. Seek and all shall be revealed. Inspire and all shall be healed.

Brht opened her eyes and saw only the darkness. The night. It was cold and silent, and staring back at her as a truth yet to be revealed. Its yellow eyes piercing through the blackness. Steadily moving closer. As it drew near, she could begin to see it. Its arms opening up like wings to take her. To engulf her. And as it did, she could see. A bright light burst from Brht and bathed the room in the brilliance that embraced her. She felt her feet land upon the wooden floor and looked down to see her father lying in her mother's arms. The mountain... the warrior... the brigand grasped at his eyes, blinded. She lifted the fallen blade of the warrior and plunged it deep before falling into a fugue, herself.

Lost in her dreams, Brht wrestled with visions of yellow eyes staring at her from a dark place. A secret place that she dared not look, not out of fear but of respect and an understanding that the power of the knowledge hidden away in the darkness was more than she could comprehend. For two full days, she lay motionless in her bed awaiting the arrival of the eyes that grew ever closer. On the morning of the third, she was awoken by a sharp screech from the darkness. Her exhausted mother jumped as the young girl sat up quickly and took to her feet. She soon found that her father, like many in the hearth room that night, had taken a fever and lay near death. For hours, she sat by his side holding his hand. As the sun sank below the earth, the night called to Brht. Beckoning her to enter the darkness. Seek. Inspire. She thought as she stepped beyond the threshold and shivered as the night air entered her with a gasp. She walked a purpose, not knowing where it would lead her.

Another screech and she turned to see a small boreal owl perched atop the temple's buttress. It turned its head, and she saw its familiar gaze. As the owl took to flight, the darkness seemed to open up to Brht as if the owl was a candle in the night. Illuminating the truth. The small girl followed it beyond the walls and into the forest where it settled upon a stump in a small glade. Brht passed through the waves of hyssop that grew abundantly there. The fragrance of their blossoms tickled her nose. She stopped to smell them and drew a bundle, cutting the stems carefully with her knife. The owl screeched softly once more as it took to flight and returned home. When she arrived at the inn, she found her father as she had left him, delirious with a fever. She dipped the hyssop in a bowl of fresh, spring water that rested on the bench nearby. Brht muttered beneath her breath, repeating the words she heard echoing in her mind. "seek... inspire..." Her father did not tarry but opened his eyes immediately and smiled at her and her mother. As she tended the others bedded throughout the inn, she came upon the mountain. No longer bleeding... on the outside. She felt a warmth stir within her and the voice whispering. Brht laid her hands upon his belly, and he awoke as her touch spread.

The Crunchy StuffMage: 1st
Alignment: Law

STR: 8 (-1)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 12 (+0)
WIS: 16 (+2)
CHA: 13 (+1)

Hit Dice: d6 HP:
Initiative: +0 BAB: +0
AC: 10
Saves: Fort (16) Reflex (16) Will (15)

Class Abilities
Spell Casting
Sense Magic

Skills
Healing
Religious Lore

Traits
Potent Magic

Cantrips
Beast Ken
Blessing

Spells
Healing Touch
Flash of Brilliance

Rituals
Bind Familiar

Familiar
Fireen (Boreal Owl)

Equipment
Ancient Holy Symbol
Heavy Cloak
Knife
Peasants’ clothing
Stout Walking Staff

Silver: 12

Last edited by JohnGrady; Jan 3rd, 2022 at 10:27 AM.
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 11:43 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, JohnGrady. Welcome and I look forward to your app. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 10:29 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
JohnGrady JohnGrady
Thank you, and I believe I'm finished with Brht's application.

Last edited by JohnGrady; Jan 4th, 2022 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Working on Stat Block