Amaryllis Amaryllis Amaryllis
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Kardos
Race: Tiefling - Dispater
Class: Monk (Way of Mercy)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Background: Criminal - Hired Killer
Appearance: Kardos has the tall and slender build of someone who has studied in hand-to-hand combat although he has more bulk in his arms due to his master preferring the intimidating appearance. He keeps his black hair spiky (a bit obsessive actually) and keeps his horns just as sharp. Kardos does not like the heavy burden of winter clothing, preferring loose clothes to make it easy for him to move around.
Personality: Kardos prefers to be levelheaded and keep things civil amongst everyone as he knows infighting will just cause bigger headaches down the line. He does not care for one's background or their current goals as long as they do not interfere with the work he has to get done. Kardos also has low tolerance for those who go back on their word or do not reveal the full details of the job they hire him for.
Backstory: Kardos grew up constantly on the road and under the mentorship of his foster father, Ekus, a mercenary. Kardos' mother had been a close friend to him and when she had died and no signs of his father anywhere, the man had decided to take Kardos in. Ekus had trained Kardos since he was able to walk as he believed the dog-eat-dog world would have mauled a tiefling child without the right guidance. As such, he taught Kardos how to appear intimidating, how to use his fist, and how to even relax so not to cause tension. And when Kardos was old enough to understand the ugly truth, Ekus had taught Kardos his true trade as a hired killer.

Kardos would never say his childhood was cushy as he never stayed in one place for long and when Ekus wasn't training him then he was left in inns during his jobs. Still, Kardos wouldn't say his childhood was miserable either as he could also remember Ekus treating him to his favorite meals or taking him to festivals when work and training was done. He had to admit that it was both surprising yet not surprising that Ekus was nothing more than a murderer.

Ekus had offered to take Kardos' training further by bringing him on jobs (along with the offer of giving him a cut of the pay). Kardos had believed such skills were needed and agreed. Ekus taught him how to give his opponents a quick death without anyone knowing and how to walk without raising suspicion and how to seal his own contracts. He even taught Kardos how to relax afterwards to avoid the weight of it all causing him to snap. Naturally, Kardos had taken to it and remembered his first job bringing down a local merchant who failed to pay protection to the Guild in Baldur's Gate.

When adulthood began to take over, Kardos had taken more contracts on his own with him and Ekus (now reaching his old years) only meeting in various cities to catch up and relax. Eventually, Ekus had told him he was retiring from the trade as he was able to gain a good pay from taking out a captain who was involved in smuggling and planned to move up north as they tended to not ask questions.

Kardos admitted he was shocked the old man had wanted out, believing Ekus to be the type to only stop when he was dead. Still, Kardos had given his foster father his congratulations and even offered to travel with him to ensure his safety (and the chance to find more work). That had been nearly two and a half years ago. What had planned to only be a few months trip up north turned into something more as the snow storms and winds made travelling back south difficult.

Role-playing Sample: Kardos shivered as the cold air blew across his red skin and pulled tighter into his cloak and brough his knees closer to his chest. Snowflakes fluttered around him, and he hoped his glare would be enough for them to melt on sight. When they didn't, he huffed out clouds of cold air turned his attention to the snowy landscape passing by. Snow, he hated snow. Why was it even a thing? Why was he even bothering going somewhere that had nothing but it?

"Do you know how long until we reach our next stop?" Kardos asked the driver who had chosen to remain to himself since the beginning of the trip

"I thought I taught you how to keep calm," Ekus stated from the other side of the wagon. He had also dressed for the cold weather and had a large pack of everything he ever had. Kardos had to admit the old man had more than he thought. He gazed to his own backpack that was significantly smaller, "And no one told you, you had to come up with me."

"Well excuse me for making sure you got to your new home safely," Kardos stuck his tongue out at Ekus who rolled his eyes. He didn't care if he looked like a child. They weren't working and he was cold, so he was allowed to not be serious, "You paying for the ale when we finally reach a tavern."

"We will be reaching Ten Towns in the next few hours," the driver finally spoke.

Thank the gods," Kardos said as another harsh wind passed through them and he went back to huddling back into his cloak.

Have I played the module: No, I haven't.

Last edited by Amaryllis; Dec 17th, 2021 at 02:59 PM.
Old Dec 16th, 2021, 11:43 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1139
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Liz
right-aligned image

Name: Elizabeth "Liz" Whiterose
[Race: Variant Human
Class: Cleric (Life)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Hermit

Appearance: Liz stands to at least 5'4" and has a light weight of 108 pounds. She's fair skinned and has locks of bright red hair flowing down her shoulders. She also wears a white dress that the clergy would wear, though it doesn't hide her curvaceous figure. She wears an amulet with the symbol of the sunrise emblazoned on it as a mark that she follows that God of the Sun, Lathander. This priestess of the Morninglord just exudes an air of respect to anyone on the first meeting.

Personality: Despite her appearance, she is not what she appears to be, Liz has the personality of a deadbeat. She makes it a habit to avoid responsibility, letting others do the menial work and chores while she does nothing but sleep and drink a lot. These acts of hedonism are her way to achieve enlightenment, she doesn't want to be tied down to a life of hard work, she seeks to be free of those chains.

That doesn't mean she's not devoted to her clerical order, she doesn't shirk her duties like her responsibilities and tries to uphold her tenants. This is mostly cause she wants to help people despite her personal goals. As long as it lacks any hard work, she'll do her best.

Backstory: Elizabeth Whiterose comes from a noble family, but not any ordinary family of nobles, these ones follow a code that relies on upholding strength and hardwork. With that code, her family's always became workers to menial labor, some became blacksmiths, some became Crafters, others Carpenters and several became warriors. Liz was the youngest daughter and always see her brother's toiling night and day to achieve their professions. Ever since she was a kid, she has always been the sensitive type and always knew the emotions of others easily. She could sense her brother's pains and struggle as they kept toiling, she has since then been afraid of the life they're trying to achieve. So instead of being covered in sweat, cuts and bruises, she decided to pick a different career in life, the clergy life.

It was mostly a chance coincidence that she entered her clerical order. She met an old adventuring buddy of her father's and he taught her the ways of Lathander, Liz saw this as a chance to be free of her family's responsibilities so she decided to take an apprenticeship. Their was opposition with her decision, but she was stalwart at her choice and so she stayed at a monastery to study healing arts. During her stay, she lived a mostly hedonistic life thanks to her family connection and her stubborn justification that her act of laziness is in fact, in actuality an act of enlightenment. She got away with it for white a long while until her parents unfortunate passing, they died by blizzard. Now her eldest brother was in charge of the family household.

It was an unfortunate circumstance, Liz felt a lot of pain from the news. It didn't help that her brother decided that she head to Icewind Dale. Her brother knew his little sister's tendency to be lazy and has been abundantly clear that he opposed her decision and lifestyle. So once he became head of the family, he made a decision that she be headed to Ten Towns and find an actual job. To do that, he cut off all family ties with her, essentially she was thrown away out in the cold streets. Even manage to convince her mentor to go along with his plans. She was livid but had absolutely no say in the matter. So, with a heavy amount of reluctance, she heads to the icy tundra that is Icewind Dale.

Role-Playing Sample: The dawn shines brightly at one of the Morninglord's great monasteries. It was their, a heavyset, orge-looking man was carrying a priestess around on his shoulder,"Geh, put me down already Abbot Sol." the young priestess says, trying to squirm her way out of her mentor's tight grip, but it was futile,"Now, now, young flame, this is your first missionary job of which your brother has pick specifically for you. A priestess of Lathander must be one filled with dignity and kindness, but most important of all..." he pauses to let his apprentice finish sentence,"Yeah, yeah, I know already, compassion." she says as they finally made it to the cart and Liz was out down gently,"When I meet that no good brother of mine again, I'll knock his socks off. Maybe I might even try out this mace just for him." she says, with fury in her eyes. Her big oaf of a mentor though has a serene fast about him,"Now, now, don't forget to be merciful."
"I'll keep that to heart once I finish laying the beatdown on him."
"Hoho... Ah, but before you go young flame. I have one last advice, it's fine to cry when someone is no longer with us." he says with a kind smile on his face,"Huh!" Liz says a bit taken aback but looks away from her mentor. Then she turns back and gives him a hug,"T..thanks, I needed to hear that." she says, not looking directly at him just to hide her teary eyed face. It took awhile for her to stop, but when she does she let's go of the sudden hug and starts heading toward the cart,"Hey, don't tell anyone what happened here alright and also thanks for teaching me everything here, I'll take it by heart. Now... I'll be heading off, goodbye Abbot." she says, driving her cart. The Abbot waves goodbye as she heads far away from the monastery.

Finally, Id like you to answer one simple question. Have you played the adventure before? Nada, this is a first time playing this module. I'm interested in finding out what's gonna happen.

Last edited by Onward; Dec 21st, 2021 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Changing Deity To Lathander Instead
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 03:40 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3036
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Vetur (veh-tour)
Race: Eladrin
Class: Ranger (Looking to evolve into a Fey Wanderer)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Far Traveler
Personality traits:
- I express affection or contempt in ways that are unfamiliar to others.
- I begin or end my day with small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.
Ideal:
- Reserved. As someone new to these strange lands, I am cautious and respectful in my dealings.
Bond:
- I will face any challenge to win the approval of my clan.
Flaw:
- I am convinced of the superiority of my own culture over that of this foreign land.

Appearance: Vetur has always been drawn to the quiet peace of the winter season. That preference is evident in his appearance. His olive skin is pale, as if it has not seen the sun in quite some time, and his long, cool blue hair is usually kept in a neat and orderly braid. His armor.is made up of varying shades of silver and grey, accented with blue cloth.

Personality: Although he may seem cold and distant, Vetur cares deeply for the natural world. He cares about it's inhabitants as well but mostly as an extension (or byproduct) of the world itself. He truly believes that sentient lives (to include the gods themselves) were created by the world to keep order and to maintain a natural order. In his eyes, it is a great tragedy the way that the inhabitants of the material plane have squandered that gift.

Backstory: Vetur has spent the majority of his life in the Winter Court of the Feywild. That's where he was born and it's the only place that he can ever truly feel at home. However, as tradition would have it, he has been sent to the material plane on a sort of "coming of age" quest.

Apparently, a region of the material plane, known as Icewind Dale, has has been hidden from the sun for the past two years... That level of imbalance for that lengyh of time is considered unnatural and unacceptable by the Eladrin. As such, Vetur has been sent to investigate and hopefully correct the interference before it can affect it's Fey counterpart.

Upon arriving in Icewind Dale, he was immediately dismayed. Rather than the beautiful winter that he had been accustomed to, this was a twisted perversion of it.
There was still beauty but it was being stifled by the magic that was interfering with the sun. The winds were harsh and the trees were fading. For the few people that he did encounter, none seemed very pleased to meet him. The young Elf realized quickly that he could not face this challenge on his own and he was Part of his trial is to learn to work with outsiders...forbidden from asking for help from his friends in the Feywild.

Role-Playing Sample:
Stepping out of the old forgotten ruin, Vetur took stock of the world in front of him. In many ways, it resembled his home. Their were Mountains in the distance and snow on the ground. Even the sea on the horizon felt familiar. However, this place was far more desolate and the winds were far more unforgiving...

A part of the young Elf would have liked nothing more than to turn back and go back home. However, he knew that doing so without completing his quest might bring shame upon himself and his family. That or they would just have shrugged it off (if they had already lost interest). Somehow, he doubted that this was just another fleeting fancy for the nobles of the court.

Vetur strongly suspected that his time to bring balance to the region was limited. For his people, their was nothing more important than protecting the sanctity of the Feywild. This unnatural magic threatened that very sanctity and if he couldn't resolve it than they would send someone else...

Stepping out into the bitter cold wind, he wished that he'd had a sleigh with a strong reindeer to pull it. Alas, he was only permitted to bring the necessities...

After traveling for about half of a day, he found a gruff Dwarven couple.They were wrapped in heavy leathers that seemed to be lined in fur... "Excuse me gentlemen. I am Vetur. An Elf from... far away. I have traveled a great distance to help you..." Before he could finish, the Dwarves harrumphed and walked away. Rude!

"Finally, I’d like you to answer one simple question. Have you played the adventure before?" Nope. Never.

Last edited by Treble83; Dec 20th, 2021 at 09:23 PM.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 05:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11408
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Thank you all for the interest expressed in the game.

I've updated the table of applicants as well as the Q&A section with questions asked here as well as in a PM in this post.

Please let me know when your applications are complete and I'll mark them as such in the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
@DM - Do Triton or Lizard folk fit the setting and acceptable?
Both are very acceptable races.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; Dec 17th, 2021 at 05:03 AM.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 05:07 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1139
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with my app. Mark it up as complete.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 06:01 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
I feel like my app is complete. Open to feedback.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 06:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11408
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble83 View Post
I feel like my app is complete. Open to feedback.
Your application is missing an answer to the last question, if you've played the module before

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 06:21 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
Your application is missing an answer to the last question, if you've played the module before
Updated
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 08:46 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2114
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Ria Siannodel
Race: High Elf
Class: Artificer (Battlesmith or Alchemist depending on party)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Guild Artisan
Personality traits:
1- I love to find out about things. I investigate every place, person and object I come into contact with until my curiosity is satisfied.
2 - I like to make beautiful and useful things which do what they are meant to do but look good as well.
Ideal:
-The truth is out there. If we look hard enough, and use all our talents well, we may discover it.
Bond:
- I must create metalwork that would meet the approval of my master, Dwalin and the rest of the Guild.
Flaw:
- My family do not approve of my profession and I seek their acceptance. I will always seek to show myself in the best light where they are concerned

Appearance: Ria has silver hair and bright violet eyes, and likes to wear white robes when she is not in armour or the smithy. 5'8" tall, and 120lbs, she is slim and moves with the elegance expected of one of her race, but when she is in the smithy, she will be happy to be in a leather apron, with smuts on her face and hair from the forge. When she is out and about, she wears scale armour which has been lacquered blue and which bears a white rose on the chest. That armour is like all her work - functional but beautiful.

Personality: Ria is one of those people who others either like, or hate. She is focussed on her creations to an extent that means her employers and those she crafts for like her; she will work longer than a human smith, and strives for perfection in her work so that she makes them money. That focus means that she is not easy to get to know so she has few friends, and her success as a smith has made her unpopular with some. She is also a curious person and likes to find out all that she can about anyone she meets. She cares about others, whatever they think of her, and wants to make the world and happier and brighter place. This unnatural winter is something that she wants to destroy so that the people, and the natural world, can have a summer.

Backstory: Ria was raised in a wizards tower in the Border Forest. Her father was a wizard, her mother was a wizard and so were all her aunts, uncles and cousins. The Siannodel's ruled over the Sylvan Elves in their area, and are a proud family. When Ria was 60, a travelling Dwarven smith called Dwalin arrived at the tower to do some ironwork, and Ria was fascinated. She watched him at work, loving the way that he could turn metal into useful objects, and when he let her work some iron, she found she could see the shape the metal wanted to form inside it and then make it into that shape.

When Dwalin left the tower, he had a new apprentice with him. Ria travelled with him, and with the displeasure of her family firmly in mind, they moved away from the Border Wood ending up in Termalaine where they set up a small shop. Dwalin inducted her into the Guild and she served as his apprentice for 7 years, finally becoming a Guild Member 2 years ago. She had thought to go south and see what she could make of her new skills, but the Everlasting Rime began before she could leave and she remains working in Dwalin's smithy as a Journeyman.

She is a useful member of the community, making tools for the miners and other craftsmen, but she seeks to find a way to end the Rime.

Role-Playing Sample:
The forge was dim, lit only by the glowing coals and the sparks coming from the hot metal. The smith was the other side of the forge and could not be seen from the door, but the flurry of blows falling on the iron on the anvil showed they were hard at work. The merchant had never been to this smithy before, though he had head good things about it, and so he called out for the owner. "Master Dwalin, it is Heroth. I have come for my tools"

To his surprise, the figure that stopped work and came across the room towards him was taller and slimmer than any Dwarf, and when Heroth could see them, was a female Elf, her silver hair tied into a bun and her violet eyes looking at him with interest. "Master Heroth, I am Ria, Dwalin's apprentice. Your tools are over here. Master Dwalin made some, and I made others. " Leading him across the room, she threw open a window. 20 spades, and 20 picks stood there. Looking carefully at them, Heroth noticed that almost half had an additional mark - a small enamel rose coloured white. They were otherwise identical. He looked at Ria again, noticing that she wore the White Rose symbol as a broach. "There is little difference between your work and that of your Master. These are fine tools and well worth the payment Dwalin and I agreed."
He handed the purse across, noting how the Elf tested the weight before she let him take the tools. Once she was happy she helped him take them out to the handcart he had brought to take them back to the mines, then held out a hand. "Glad to have been able to create for you. Come back again. And next time, you must tell me about how the mines work and whether there are other metalworks that would help you to make a greater success of them. I have never seen a mine."

"Finally, I’d like you to answer one simple question. Have you played the adventure before?" No

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Jan 11th, 2022 at 10:43 AM.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 10:52 AM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2195
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
Please let me know when your applications are complete and I'll mark them as such in the table.
My application is finished and ready for review.

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Liam "Madhouse" Holt - Solo, Cyberpunk 2020
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 12:30 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14748
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
My application is done.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 01:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Orvod
right-aligned image
Name: Orvod Peltskin (used to be Battlehammer) "Old Bear"
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Druid (Circle of Shepherd)
Alignment: N
Background: Folk Hero

Appearance: Orvod's skin is an earthy tan. The druid has the typical stocky figure of his race, but does look comparatively more emaciated, due to his diet of roots and nuts. His brown bushy beard looks like is a part of his bear cloak, but it's decorated with shards of bones and beads made of precious stones, even though they were selected for their spiritual value, more than their monetary one.

Personality: Living as a hermit definitely has dampened Orvod's ability to do smalltalk, although weirdly -or weird to the eyes of the townsfolk- he is quite loquacious when he talks to plants, animals and the general natural features. Nobody in town can claim to have seen him laugh, but he occasionally smiles when he sees children play, as kids are the symbol of renewal in civilization, and that warms the dwarf's heart.

For almost fifty years he started living near Lonelywood, sort of adopting the town that sees him as an unofficial spiritual leader, while he sees them as part of the ecology of this hostile land.

Backstory: Youngest son of a Battlehammer lord of Kelvin's Cairn, Orvod was bestowed to the druids of the Bear Circle as a pact that was struck thousands of years ago, in exchange for the reassurance that the mountain wouldn't collapse over Dwarven Valley.

Only a kid at twenty years old, he was placed under the tutelage of an elven druid called Calli Dorkaryn, with which he toured the Frozenfar region for over twenty years, learning everything of the Old Faith and how interwoven nature is with civilization.

After his tutoring period was done, the dwarf nested in the forest of Lonelywood, and started caring for the nature of the surrounding area, making sure that the influence of the town wouldn't affect negatively on the woods or the lake, also helping with whatever the townsfolk might need.

In the last years, this has become straining for Orvod as the Everlasting Rime exacted a lot from Lonelywood. Strengthening the forest and restoring the waters so that the population of knucklehead trouts could keep thriving is a full-time job.

Role-Playing Sample:

-I haven't played this mission.. I played Icewind Dale the pc game ages ago and remember nothing of the plot, also my pc died midway through and then my father got a mac, so I never even finished that, but I distinctively remember ice golems/elementals-

I feel like my app is done, but am open for feedback. I incorporated the "reason for the adventure" in the roleplay example.

Last edited by Ursinorum; Dec 21st, 2021 at 08:33 AM.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
Amaryllis Amaryllis Amaryllis
Took me longer than I wanted, but app is done.
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 04:41 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Where does the adventure start?
Old Dec 17th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3193
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
StargazerName: Stargazer (Gazer), Skywatcher, Talon-tripper
right-aligned image

Race: Kenku

Class: Druid (Circle of the Stars)

Alignment: Neutral

Background: Anthropologist

Personality Traits:
1)I prefer the company of those who aren't like me, including people of other races.
2)I'm a stickler when it comes to observing proper etiquette and local customs.

Ideal: By understanding other races and cultures, we learn to understand ourselves.

Bond: I want to learn more about a particular humanoid culture that fascinates me.

Flaw: I've picked up some unpleasant habits living among races such as goblins, lizardfolk, or orcs.

Appearance: Golden eyes, glow from deep within the travel stained hooded robe, a sharp and wickedly curved beak pokes out, it's shiny black exterior marred by several deep grooves. His dark, glossy feathers are festooned with twigs and withered brown leaves. The leathery skin of his hands are rough and calloused, while on his feet his talons remain sharp and deadly from use.

Personality: Unlike many of his kind Stargazer is neither greedy nor is he selfish. Indeed, his time traveling the world and studying communities has instilled in the Kenku a desire for closeness and bonds with those he travels with. While communication is an issue, as with all of his kind, Stargazer nevertheless still seeks out conversation and is quick to absorb any and all dialogue. While his gift of mimicry is an amazing trait, his short attention span and selective memory keep his useful vocabulary limited. Still, while his power of speech is restrictive at times Gazer has found little difficulty in expressing himself through action. The fast and agile Kenku has always been quick to respond to an emergency and even quicker to counterattack when a friend is in peril.

Backstory: The lone child to hatch from his clutch, Stargazer was raised by his entire clan in the Field Ward of Waterdeep. Nesting in the forgotten eaves of dilapidated ruins Gazer's clan was a well know in the underworld as a family of effective, but modest thieves and spies. Possessing skills and knowledge that far surpassed their meager existence, taking only the safest and lowest profile jobs. Choosing anonymity and safety, over wealth and infamy. From an early age Stargazer showed little interest in the families lifestyle, choosing instead to spend his time on the highest rooftops of the Field Ward, the shine of trinkets and gold holding no candle to the majesty and splendor of the stars and their constellations. The only joy Gazer found down in the streets of Waterdeep and the slums that made up his home were the many species and cultures that gravitated there.

Despite the many language and cultural barriers, the young Kenku found himself drawn to the various species and races that claimed Waterdeep as their new home. As adventurers from all over flocked to the City of Splendor, Gazer spent his time amongst them: primitive humans, beardless dwarves, and stoic gnomes mixed with noble firbolgs wizards and selfless tiefling paladins. The eclectic and unique folk and their stories drew the young birdfolk in and soon Gazer had joined a crew, setting sail for far off lands and adventures.

Have you played this adventure before? No

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; Dec 17th, 2021 at 04:56 PM.
Closed Thread