User Statistics
RPXP: 1239
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Old Dec 21st, 2021, 08:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2762
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Implemented suggestions (where I could), let me hear what you think!

Old Dec 21st, 2021, 10:16 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 846
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Damin OrkbettName: Damin Orkbett (Prounounced Dah-min Ork-beht)
right-aligned image

Race: Dragonborn (Amethyst)

Class: Fighter (Echo Knight)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: City Watch (Investigator)

Appearance: His body is covered in a purple, crystalline, sheen. Two gem-like horns rise up from the back of his head, and his eyes shine like translucent stones. He stands at about 5'10", and is muscular from a long career filled with extensive training. Often wearing a simple coat of chains, he no longer wears his tabard denoting his former position.
Personality:

Traits: I am always polite and respectful

I can stare down a hell hound without flinching

Ideals: Independence. When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny. (Chaotic)

Bonds: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Flaws: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.

Backstory: Damin was born into a lesser noble house within the city of Helm's Hold, but often chafed beneath the expectations of his overbearing, legacy-driven father, who expected him to continue striving to better the family name. At least that was something Damin could agree upon. His ancestors had been heroes, yet as time went on, the name became synonymous with oppression. He saw what it did to the people, and swore to protect them, even from those who shared his blood. He sought to join the city guard, in as much an act of defiance as it was to help the less fortunate, but his father had some pull. He hadn't wanted his son to be a simple guard, so he tried to have him made an officer. He would have probably been in a better position to help others, but the position would be tainted with corruption from the start, had he accepted. He refused.

Life was not easy, but he hadn't expected it to be. The training was harder on him, as his leadership knew who he was and knew of his defiance, but he persevered. Only breaking when his orders would have forced him to take a woman and separate her from her child, so both could be interrogated. Instead of following orders, he helped them evade arrest, turning himself into a fugitive. In his attempts to escape, he felt as though he was pulling apart... and for a moment, even his guards were surprised to see a phantom figure appear to fight for Damin, allowing him to escape the city. A feat he had yet learned how to repeat. He now wanders, as he tries to learn how he did what he did, and to help those in need. It is what led him to Brynn Shander, in the clutches of one of the coldest winters he'd ever heard of. If anyone needed help, it'd be the people of Ten Towns.

Role-Playing Sample: Damin stepped carefully, feeling the soft crunch of glass beneath one of his heavy boots. A window had been shattered, lying scattered across the ground, and though he saw blood across the broken pieces, he did not see a body. In one hand he held his blade, wherever his eyes went, so to did the tip of his blade.

"City watch, show yourself now and things will go much easier..." he called out, pausing as he came across one of the displays in the room. He was answering a summons so late at night because there had been a disturbance in the bakery. The displays were bare, as they had closed down for the night, but the remains were often left in the back, as an act of charity, to give to people in need. Damin could respect that. There needed to be more people like that in the world.

A sigh escaped his lips as he prepared to issue a final warning when a sound drew his attention. It sounded like a high-pitched sneeze from the cupboard. Head tilted, he moved toward it, blade leading the way, sliding into the small crack of its door. He swung it open and once more opened his mouth to demand surrender- when the voice caught in his throat. The figure within the cupboard was tiny, shaking like a leaf, and bleeding profusely from his hands and shoulder. He had to be no more than twelve. The child sunk deeper into the cupboard in fear. He understood why. Not only was he a city guard, but compared to the small human, he was a monster. A crystalline dragon wearing chains and wielding a blade like his... it was not a good day for this child. He slowly sheathed his blade and crouched down to look at the boy.

"Easy child, I'm not going to hurt you." he said, hands raised to show he had no weapon now, "My name is Damin, what is yours?" he asked.

I have not played this module yet, though I do have the book and gone over more setting information, as I plan to run it myself for my live group one day... Tyranny of Dragons revised first though, I think.

Last edited by Dyerdon; Dec 28th, 2021 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Formatting and adding an image
Old Dec 21st, 2021, 10:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1595
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Old Dec 21st, 2021, 01:14 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5148
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Old Dec 21st, 2021, 08:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2591
Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker
I've finished my application here. I'd appreciate some review and feedback if you have time - in fact, I suspect almost everyone who applies will want that.
Old Dec 22nd, 2021, 11:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3557
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
RemovedTrying one more time with a simpler concept, see page 8

Last edited by penbeast0; Jan 2nd, 2022 at 02:04 PM.
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 11:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4949
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Dholovain is done. If you're doing another round of reviews, I'd appreciate one.
Old Dec 24th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11464
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
I wouldn't say no to a review.

Old Dec 24th, 2021, 06:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4681
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Just wanted to say that I am going to bow out. I'm in enough games as it is. If I do join another one, it'll at a higher level.

Have fun all!
Old Dec 24th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Eyepatch Eyepatch
Application

ApplicationName: Claudius "Claude" Gershom
Race: (V.) Human
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: [Undecided]

Appearance: Claude stands at an impressive height for a human, at 6'5", and is well-muscled. He weighs around 260 lbs, although he'll probably tell you he's 240. He has brown hair, cut military short, and keeps a light dusting of stubble on his jaw. His eyes are soft and kind; his face is battle-scarred, however, and his thick, calloused fingers speak of strength. He is only twenty-nine, but appears to be pushing forty. In the cold climate, he wears a thick coat and rugged boots, making him seem bigger than he actually is. Almost as a memento of his past, he keeps a pickaxe hanging from his belt. In reality, it has been modified for war, and he keeps it with him 'just in case.' He also carries a round wooden shield on his back for the same reason.

Personality:

Claude is rather quiet, and very polite. His childhood manners tutor left a big impact on him; he always says please, thanks, and keeps his elbows off the table.

He believes in the power of hard work. If he can't get something at first, he rolls up his sleeves and spits on his palms. Eventually, he always gets it done.

As a rule of thumb, he believes that you shouldn't steal, lie, or cheat. If someone rich is doing bad stuff, he would much rather try to help all the people that the rich person hurt than get back at the rich person.

He is very patient, but when his anger is aroused, it comes with all the fury he would put into anything else. It will take nothing short of a stone wall to stop him if you make him angry.

He is a big fan of alcohol. Whether it's whiskey or fine wine, he is more than eager to ask for a sip. More than anything, however, is his passion for brewing it.

He handles money well, because of a part of his past. He is very responsible with keeping it in a safe place, and he likes to invest his spare coin. He even keeps part of his wealth in a pouch on the front of his shoulder, in an attempt to make it more difficult to pickpocket.

Backstory:

Role-Playing Sample:

I've never played this module before. This is also my first application, so I'm a little excited and nervous. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captur11e.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	93602  
Old Dec 25th, 2021, 09:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 846
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
I do believe my application is complete, if I'm missing anything, please let me know and I'll fix it
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 05:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11654
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
More great applications, thanks a lot for all the interest this game is generating everyone, and happy holidays!

I will stick to the original deadline of January 10th, even though the number of applications is already staggering, for two reasons. Firstly, to give people who have to work or have family obligations this time of year a chance to apply. Secondly, I have family obligations myself and couldn't really start the game until that time anyway.

That said, a few more people have asked for a review, so here it goes:

SnakeOilCharmer - Dholovain the Stargazer

Nasrith - Sinek Whiteriver

Snicker - Cella Brightwood

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14871
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Hey Kymrel, if time permits, I wouldn't say no to a review of Jackson. Thanks.
Closed Thread