twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
What's the deadline?

I am having second thoughts about my app, while it is pretty good, I have another idea that I am enticed to try.
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11408
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
January 10th.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Okay, overhaul complete.

It was actually my initial idea for this campaign but I just couldn't get it to come out of my head at that time.
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8465
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
right-aligned image

Name: Galileo <----Character Sheet
Race: Half High Elf
Class: Monk (Way of Mercy)
Alignment: Neutral
Background: Folk Hero
Appearance: Galileo is an unusual man, his identity hidden behind a mask at all times when not alone and in private. The only part of his appearance that is generally visible is the bright green eyes shining out from behind the mask he wears. The mask itself is a burnt red with golden filigree. Beyond that he wears a blue long-coat with a hood and dark leggings and shirt that cover his arms and legs as well as dark gloves covering his hands. Beneath the mask is a relatively common man in appearance, his head is shaven as customary among his order, he has dull blue eyes and fair features overall. His facial complexion like most of his body is very fair due to the fact it is almost always covered.
Personality:Galileo is friendly but generally reserved as well. His life behind the mask leading to solitude quite often. He chose to don the mask even prior to the completion of his training as a sign of his dedication. Presenting himself as a bringer of life and death. He is kind and merciful offering aid to all he can help, and to those beyond his care a gentle and merciful death. This may seem cold an uncaring but it is in fact quite the opposite. It is simply according to his teachings the most kind and merciful way to treat others preventing suffering and fear.
Backstory:Galileo was found upon the steps of a monastery by the sect of Mercy. No note or identification just a child in a basket. Unwilling to turn away the child he was raised according to their beliefs. His early childhood years focusing on his martial training, only once into his teenage years was he taught the arts of compassion and mercy. It was during his sixteenth year that he reached his first level of awareness as the sect called it, and his martial training had been completed, left to hone on his path forward.

It was then that he began his training in healing unfortunately not long after the monastery was assaulted by a orcish warband. The small temple fought bravely but in the end the youngest of the sect were hidden away in a small underground chamber, and sworn to silence, so long as the battle rages above. When at last the senior student heard all of the sounds cease that himself Galileo and 3 others emerged to find the monastery destroyed and pillaged. Making their way through the monastery they offered healing to the few monks who yet lived. Galileo finding his own mentor near death his mask torn from his face blood dripping from the corners of his mouth, a deep and fatal wound from a spear visible through his own robes.

Kneeling beside his mentor he knew there was little he or anyone else could do for the man. Reaching our he placed his left hand over his mentor's eyes as he drew a dagger from his own side and drove it into the man's heart killing him instantly. Galileo sat there for some time, before removing his dagger and carrying the body to the pyre that was being built for the dead. Once the body had been added he returned and collected his mentor's mask, placing it over his own visage and strapping it in place. Vowing to wear the mask until death claimed him and carried him to his eternal rest. Once the pyre was lit the few remaining acolytes went their separate ways to continue there own training.

Galileo decided to head north, thinking that his skills might prove useful in the region, besides several of the others had gone the other directions. It was a long journey but he aided those he could along the way, his arrival in Ten Towns, more a simple stop on his travels, but recognizing the need for healers he chose to remain behind when the caravan which had carried him there returned south. It took some time for the people of the frigid north to accept him, his constant wearing of a mask lending to them not trusting him. However over the next couple of months, he proved himself capable of helping those in need.
Role-Playing Sample:

Last edited by JaredSyn; Jan 3rd, 2022 at 12:25 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 06:45 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2591
Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker
Thank you for the review!
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 08:58 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 731
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Alright, added the actual sheet here for full review. I like the look of it thus far, if I need to change anything, lemme know! Good luck to all!
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 03:09 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
TheGilldedGuy
Posting Interest

What Homebrew rules do you use if any, are you open to suggestions?
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'm not keen on any homebrew rules, but here you can find a draft of house rules I'm planning to use for the game here.

Old Dec 29th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4960
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Application updated with an RP sample and confirmation of having never played the module before.
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 03:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8465
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I am open to any feedback Good or Bad!
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 08:22 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Would it be possible to apply with a second character, or need I rescind my previous application in order to do so?

Just wondering! Another concept of mine fits better for this game, I think.
Old Dec 30th, 2021, 03:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I do ask that people submit only one application. But feel free to switch concepts, there is plenty of time until the 10th of January when I pick the characters for the game.

Old Dec 30th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10826
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Basics
left-aligned image
Name: Jaapa
Race: Tortle
Class: Druid (Shepherd)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Appearance: Very turtley. See pic.
Background: Far Traveller (Zakhara)
Traits & Flaws:
- When I arrive at a new settlement for the first time, I must learn all its customs.
- I express affection or contempt in ways that are unfamiliar to others.
- I am easily distracted by the promise of information.
- Boats make me seasick.
Ideal: Knowledge. By understanding other races and cultures, we learn to understand ourselves.
Bond: My parents gave me a journal filled with lore and wisdom. Losing it would devastate me.

Have you played the adventure before? No.

Personality and BackgroundPersonality: Kind, calm, and patient. Curious about others and about the world, and appreciative of differences. Eager to help, but not pushy.

Backstory: Unusual as the soft, hairy, northerners find it, Jaapa’s upbringing was typical of his people in Kara-Tur. His parents died when he was only a few years old but he was nonetheless quite capable of caring for himself. He spent his adolescence among his few siblings, teaching himself as he grew the secrets and power of the land and its inhabitants.

As Jaapa reached adulthood in his teens he had learned all he could of Kara-Tur, so the tortle set off simply to wander, to learn of the spirits of other lands and the ways of other peoples. That peregrination has led him further and further north. Most recently Jaapa has felt a call to investigate the disruption of the delicate balance in the climate of the far north.

Roleplaying SampleThe hump of fur moves funny. It smells funny, too, but none of that matters. It is meat, and the bear is very hungry. She begins her charge. But now the hump turns; there will be a fight. Under the fur this meat looks very strange, and now it is making some noise, and…

“There is no need for all of that,” Jaapa tells the bear, and the bear understands; she understands now that the tortle can be a friend. “You look very thin,” Jaapa tells her. “You must be hungry.” Jaapa looks around at the barren landscape, barely visible through the hazy gloom even at midday, and shakes his head. “So little to eat in this land,” he observes. The bear whoofs an affirmation.

Now that the danger has passed, Jaapa pulls his furs around himself again. “It is very cold in this land,” he says, “and dark. I have not seen the day’s eye in a week, the eye of night neither. I miss them. It is lonely here without them, with so little to see. I am glad to have met you.

“It is not always like this here, is it?”
Jaapa asks. The bear grunts. “No, I did not think so,” replies the tortle. “I think there is something wrong here,” he tells her. “I do not like it here, but…I would like to help.” Jaapa points into the haze. “Is it this way?” he asks the bear. “The place where the other two-legs live?” Another whoof. “Close, then?” Jaapa says. “Good; I would like a rest.”
right-aligned image

Jaapa’s clawed fingers reach into a pouch inside his cloak and return with several berries. He holds them out in his palm to the bear, which sniffs them curiously. “They are small,” Jaapa tells her, “but two or three are enough for you. Hold the others in your mouth for the little ones at home.” The bear complies, carefully pulling the tiny orbs in with her tongue.

Jaapa resists the temptation to touch the bear; that would be disrespectful. Instead, he nods his head in a small bow of farewell. “Be well, friend,” he says. “May we next meet under a blue sky.” With that, the funny-smelling hump of fur turns to continue his journey north.

Last edited by secretID; Jan 9th, 2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old Dec 30th, 2021, 09:44 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
I believe I have successfully reapplied with a different character whose application is now complete.

Review at your leisure, Kymrel.

Thank you!
Old Dec 30th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12472
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posting interest. Hopefully not full yet!
Closed Thread