twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2021, 07:35 PM
Bolt Up!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14417
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
APPLICATION WITHDRAWN

Last edited by Ziether; Jan 8th, 2022 at 11:48 AM.
Old Jan 1st, 2022, 04:39 AM
Voice of Antiquity

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18469
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Daryan Majarra
right-aligned image

Name: Daryan Majarra
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Bard (chosen path: College of Eloquence)
Alignment: CG
Background: Noble

Personality: If one were to describe Daryan with only one phrase, it would be as the ideal drinking companion. He is chatty, charming, quick to laugh and most importantly wealthy and generous enough to buy his friends, acquaintances and often people he has never even seen before a drink or three. Though the young man has received an education worthy of a scion of a Waterdhavian noble family, his mind seems to be filled equally with complicated concepts and high ideals like virtue, beauty and freedom as well as trivia and useless information about the most fashionable colors and fabrics in hats, vests and shoes. Lacking experience in all manner of practical matters, partially because of his young age and partially because of his sheltered life, his take on things is theoretical and unrealistic, often seeing the best in people, even when there is very little evidence that anything good exists in them. The one thing he loves above all else, with the exception of lace and his fiancée, Vilette Crommor, is music. His family made a fortune constructing the most prestigious musical instruments in Waterdeep and promoting the fine art of harping and in this regard Daryan is as true a son and as faithful a follower of Milil as one is expected to find. Sadly, it is doubtful that his special talent is going to be of much help in surviving the eternal winter of Icewind Dale.

Previous experience with the adventure module: None

Feedback: Since you offered, Kymrel, I too would love some feedback. I hope that you don’t mind that both the character’s appearance and his backstory are given through the eyes of others. Thank you!

Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 01:03 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Achias Beltran
left-aligned image
Name:Achias Beltran
Race: Dragonborn (Copper)
Class: Warlock
Diety: Earth Elemental Lord
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background:Acolyte

Trait: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.
Ideal: Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
Bond: Nothing is more important than the other members of my hermitage, order, or association.
Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

Backstory: Achias was born of loving parents in a more moderate landscape. His small village had a long tradition of warlocks emanating from the families. On the 15th birthday, they are encouraged to travel and experience the world for themselves. In time they choose a diety to serve. From there some return home and live humble lives serving their God. Others never return and become acolytes of their chosen Lords.

His mother and father were of the former. His mother, Nankud, bonded with the patron, "The Beloved". His father, Malthin, bonded with the God of Dragons. Meeting each other during their travels eventually found their calling within the tribe to raise a new generation of Dragonkin. They brought forth two sons, Valmid and Achias. Valmid was overall larger, stronger, and more naturally gifted than Achias, although being his elder of 10 years did not help the comparison. His brother left when he was still not of age, returning only once to collect his belongings before marching on. He was too young to know much of his patron, but many of his village whispered of in the night of the "Great Wyrm".

Achias looked up to the memory of Valmid, always striving to outdue the legacy he left. The years went by and when it was his time to leave he was far more than eager. That morning he had his travel gear ready before the break of dawn. He woke his parents out of impatience. Each took their turn bestowing a blessing on their young son before watching him depart, the sun casting him into a shadow as he left. After but a short few months he quickly honed in on the wonders of the world, specifically those of the earth and all the majesties that abounded. His elemental ruler of Earth saw the gifts inside and took a swift liking to him. Quickly the Dragonborn began completing tasks of increasing difficulty in the name of his Patron.

The years went by and his knowledge of the world and it's inhabitants grew. Achias became skilled in gathering information through a number of means, seeing violence as a secondary option should those fall short. His last task took him nearly 3 years to track down a group of cultists determined to wreck the earth in the name of the Burning ones. Having thwarted their plans Achias had intended to take a well-deserved break. The first night's rest came swift, but peace did not. The Dragonborn was wracked with nightmares. Flashess of light, followed by a cold shadow. He saw glimpses of a wonderful earthen landscape followed by frozen tundra. Pain ran through him at the thought of such blasphemy. The last image was that of a wondrous, yet terrifying, aurora of light that covered the dark sky. He woke up in a cold sweat next to the fire. Laying back down on the earth he stared up at the stars knowing his break would be postponed.

Appearance: Achias stands a sturdy 6'5" and 275 pounds. Rather small compared to other Dragonborns his age but nonetheless strong. Traversing the land has left him with an assortment of scars across his body. The copper-colored scales mimic the earthen tones he is accustomed to. Piercing green eyes draw you into his gaze. His smile, of course somewhat frightening for his race, tends to bring warmth rather than fear. Donned in a typical traveling garmet, he does not draw much attention outside of those who have not met a Dragonborn before.

Personality: Talk first, act second, is Achias' method of life. He finds that discussion more than not prevents violence and most disputes come from misunderstandings. Always looking to learn the warlock prefers to spend time in front of a fire and those he may not be accustomed to. One never knows when a random snippet of information could save one's life. What he is unable to gather through normal means, he takes with his acquired skills, those from both magical and non-magical means. Only once every option is exhausted does he resort to destruction.

While he does not do it often, he enjoys the company of others. Walking great lengths is always hastened when one has a friend to converse with. Achias follows the law as it has been written, only super-ceding it should his diety require it. Outside of that, he has little interest in the justness of the law, just that it is followed.

Role-Playing Sample:

Finally, I’d like you to answer one simple question. Have you played the adventure before? No I have not! I love the idea of the frozen landscape and one I have not really played in!

Last edited by Totentanzen; Jan 3rd, 2022 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 02:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3557
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Too much vacation time on my hands; going to change characters again! I have to credit this idea to Preacherwolf's Apex Wrestling Game which made me think of it. I have not played or read this module.

Hsst
right-aligned image

Name: Ischyros a.k.a. "Hsst". His ring name in this traveling gladiator show is "The Amazing Anaconda" but his fans have taken to hissing when he is introduced and the noobs tend to join in thinking it's an insult rather than a tribute. So, that's what he goes by.

Race: Vrael Olo (what you would call Yuan-ti Pureblood) -- the picture is with his costume mask on

Class: Fighter -- Rune Knight wannabe

Alignment: Neutral -- just trying to get by

Appearance: Very human looking, Hsst tries hard to create a persona that is different and serpentine. He shaves his head and eyebrows and cultivates an odd slithery walk where he puts his feet directly in front of each other rather than shoulder width apart to give him a more serpentine, sinister movement. Powerfully muscled with a surprisingly engaging smile, outside the ring he plays down the Yuan-ti side of his nature and can be quite charming though his humor does tend to run toward schadenfreude and sarcasm.

Backstory: Back home in the Serpent Kingdoms, Ischyros had a position, a family, a future. His family had been bred for generations as warriors to protect the faction agents when they left for foreign lands. So, they were human in appearance and grew up with stories of strange far-away lands and the odd customs of other intelligent species. Maybe that would have been Ischyros' destiny as well, but he had always been a bit spoiled and looking for instant gratification.

In this case, of all things, it was a book. Well, technically a set of scrolls that detailed the rune lore collected by a faction agent who had lived among the giants. It was forbidden to purebloods, of course, which made it only the more enticing. Ischyros took to stealing into the library late at night to read it; they weren't watching it well, only warrior caste were out and around at those hours anyway. But eventually, inevitably, someone saw him sneaking around and reported him to the watch commander. Ischyros could have taken his punishment and stayed; it would have meant disgrace and loss of rank but really, it was just a book and he hadn't damaged it. Instead, he stole the scrolls and ran. He ran as far as he could; catching a caravan north across the desert, then a ship to the Realms. There, he tried guard duty again, but what was the point of escaping from a life of servitude and service just to take up the same life again.

Instead, he hooked on with Adolph Athoff's Gladiatorial Show that worked the small town circuits. Not much of a show, they had a promotor and two wrestlers, an elven "Baby Face" with a dreamflower addiction who served as the good guy, and a "Heel," for the townspeople to boo and hate. He was hired as the heel. He got a mask, trunks, and reinforced gloves, all in a showy but durable scaled look, and the two would engage in non-lethal combat against each other as a warm-up. But the real show was when they challenged the strongest men of each village to fight. Again, bare hands and not to the death, but to unconsciousness or a concession. The fights weren't the difficult part, Ischyros had been training since he was old enough to walk. The difficult part was usually making it look good; the locals were tough here in the Dales, they had to be, but they were farmers or herders. There had been a real adventurer or two who got in the ring and thrashed the professionals. Compared to some of these adventurers, Ischyros was still an apprentice, but AA was pretty good at weeding out the dangerous challengers.

Last edited by penbeast0; Jan 2nd, 2022 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 02:25 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Ramona Gaid Ramona Gaid
Definitely interested! I'm putting together a character for this campaign, but it will probably take me a few days. My initial thought is a light cleric, an agent of the light looking to end this perpetual darkness.
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 03:50 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Hey Kymrel!

I am unfortunately withdrawing from the recruitment. I wish you the best of luck, you have many good applications to choose from!
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 05:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1823
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Kymel is going to have have a hell of shock when he finds out that rpg crossing tables have a limit of 200......
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 05:52 PM
Bolt Up!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14417
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsy7 View Post
Kymel is going to have have a hell of shock when he finds out that rpg crossing tables have a limit of 200......
This calls for NESTED TABLES!

Last edited by Ziether; Jan 2nd, 2022 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 05:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1823
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post

Ice-ption Dale....
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 06:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14429
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
It's tables all the way down.
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 07:32 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
Ah the table to end all tables, still scares me whenever I quote this beast.
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 09:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2591
Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Ah the table to end all tables, still scares me whenever I quote this beast.
Just looking at that monster gives me anxiety.
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 10:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11654
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
We are now entering the last week you guys have to apply! So far I'm absolutely loving the applications already posted. I knew I might have my work cut out for me picking players for this game only a few days in, now I realize just how hard it will be. I will not be selecting anyone for the game until after January 10th, so anyone still thinking about applying has the same chance as anyone who already has at getting into the game.

A few more people have asked for a review. Here is the last bunch:

Chyloapan - Megaera Swordbreaker

Silent Rain - Jackson Pierce

Totentanzen - Achias Beltran

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 10:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8548
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Kymel I was still looking for feedback as well. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...89#post9352189
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 12:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11654
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Sure thing

JaredSyn - Galileo

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Closed Thread