RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 21st, 2021, 05:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2762
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Happens more often than I'd like to admit
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 05:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Ehi, sorry, a bit busy, will try to write an App on the 27th.

Happy holidays for now!
Old Dec 24th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Emo construct girl

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 149
RWBY2019 RWBY2019
no problem mate happy holidays
Old Dec 25th, 2021, 08:56 PM
Emo construct girl

Tools
User Statistics
RWBY2019 RWBY2019
here's a holiday gift for you all add 1000 credits and a months worth of rations to your characters happy holidays and best wishes for you all
Old Dec 26th, 2021, 03:04 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Eyepatch Eyepatch
Hey! I would love to play in a high sci-fi setting, and the plot hook you gave was really intriguing. However, I'm not too caught up with my Starcraft lore. I'll be working on making a character in the Starfinder system over the next couple of days, so please let me know if it's not lore-friendly when I post it. Thanks, and I'm excited about this campaign!
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Emo construct girl

Tools
User Statistics
RWBY2019 RWBY2019
of course and don't be afraid to ask me about something you may homebrew as I check my pm's often and this thread so good luck
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 11:07 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Eyepatch Eyepatch
Application

ApplicationName: Dominik McConners
Class: Mechanic
Theme: Criminal
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Terran/Human
Homeworld: Kethra

Appearance: Dominik is an older man, grizzled and rough. His hair is brown, streaked with silver, and greying muttonchops hug his cheeks. His eyes are a dazzling green. Despite his apparent age, his eyes are bright and lively, sparkling with intelligence and wit. He almost always has a cigar hanging from his mouth, but it rarely gets lit. He dresses in old, ragged clothing. He says it 'earned its place on me.' He keeps his hands free of grease and dirt. In fact, he makes a point to never have anything on his hands, not even rings. A net of grey metal going across his entire body is his one and only augmentation to himself.

Personality: Dominik isn't a very friendly person. He speaks very tersely with everyone he meets, and never minces words. However, he loves results more than anything, and is more than willing to communicate with teammates if it means that things get done. When he meets strangers, he usually doesn't take much time to get to know them. In regard to morals, he doesn't really give a scrap how you act, just as long as you don't hurt people or stop him from doing his thing. There are two things that really irk him, however - imperfect governments and aggressive aliens. Whenever he sees a government not doing its job properly, he makes it his solemn mission to topple that government. Overall, he is gruff until he sees the benefit of collaboration with an individual, then he is open and communicative. He does not care about personal behavior, as long as you do not oppose him, and he doesn't hold grudges. His main goal is to make humanity into one big Utopia by wiping out bad government and bad aliens.

Backstory:

I would appreciate if fellow players didn't read Dominik's backstory. It would be a lot more dramatically appealing if it came up naturally in the story. Thanks!

Previous Affiliation:

Example of RP:

Role in the group: Mechanic, fix-it guy, and demolition expert.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkedpossible2_LI44 (3).jpg
Views:	19
Size:	670.3 KB
ID:	93627  

Last edited by Eyepatch; Dec 28th, 2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 08:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Dang.. that's what I get for being a slowpoke..

mmh... now I'm between Envoy and Nanocyte
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Eyepatch Eyepatch
Bro, my character is a MASSIVE WIP. If you actually want to play a mechanic, I don't mind making my character another class.
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Actually, I was sorta stuck on the mechanic idea but didn't have much more than a concept..

You making a mechanic (as temporary as it might be) forced me to double check the other classes and open my mind..

Also, as much as a cool idea it is to have a drone, I'm much happier not having to track two characters ^_^
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 12:35 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Eyepatch Eyepatch
Oh, ok, just let me know if you change your mind!
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Divided between two concepts.. Kinda want to hold off on a final decision until more people apply so we can better round the party, if it's okay, only gonna write the parts that I know are common between the two ideas:

Placeholder Android
right-aligned image

Name: M-38S
Class: Nanocyte
Theme: Colonist
Race: Android (Laborer AAA)
Homeworld: Servain

Appearance: A foot-ish shorter than the average Terran, the drone series M-S is mass produced for heavy-duty labor, whether in open space or on a extra G planet. Its stocky frame it's intended for the movement of heavy machinery with enough dexterity to maneuver it safely. Although a bit ruined, the original paintjob it's still very clear, in light teal and orange. Since its 'awakening', M-38S eventually noticed that people are moderately more at ease when its sensor monitor it's lowered and open, as some of its sensory accessories have a luminous round appearance, that people associate with eyes. As its vocal apparatus is very basic, his tone of voice is very mono-tonal, with very little emotional emphasis.

Personality: Since it only recently gained consciousness, M-38S surprises itself with its emotional responses. This new state of existence has somehow got him to see the worst of every situation. It has developed a dry sense an irony based sense of humor that he uses to cover his pessimism.

Background: Acquired by one of the Hands of Man legal fronts, the two scores of series M-S drones were meant to replace the workforce that exploded in a gas leak accident. While the new robotic crew was cleaning up the previous excavation site from the debris, a wreck fell onto M-38S and other drones, crushing them.

The HoM demanded their engineers and mechanics to fix the drones as soon as possible since they were already behind schedule and the team managed fixed the few drones with only mechanical issues, but some others were just deactivated with no apparent reason maybe an electrical discharge from other drones. Desperate to fix as many as possible, they tried using experimental nanites that they got off the black market to kickstart one of the drones.

To their surprise, the nanites nested inside unit M-38S, creating a symbiotic relationship with their host, which developed sentience. Back in the mines, what now started to consider itself an android, started to learn pretty quickly the job of its supervisors, who didn't adventure too much into the sites, since it was a clearly hostile environment, which gave M-38S the chance to coordinate the other non-augmented drones.

The mining team was ecstatic on how things turned out. Sure, the loss of the nanites was a setback, but now they basically had someone who would do their job for them as a constant on-site supervisor. life could not go any better. That is until the android started asking for fair compensation.

At first the company was adamant not to let a piece of property getting a salary, but M-38S made the other drones strike (or better, remain in standby), so the HoM accepted that the android was a freelancer with an undefined contract, and set him free, as long as things resumed as they were before. In exchange for some contacts for future gigs, M-38S left the mines for the first time since its first activation.

Thanks to the tips from the HoM, he managed to do some security jobs while he thought on what he wanted to do with this new life

Previous Affiliation: Hands of Man

Last edited by Ursinorum; Jan 2nd, 2022 at 01:09 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Emo construct girl

Tools
User Statistics
RWBY2019 RWBY2019
@Eyepatch well done I love your character you put a lot of time into it and the backstory was great and don't worry about the rp example as very few people tend to show interest in a starfinder game so your good I will send you a link to the ic when admin approve the game I just need a character sheet from you

@Ursinorum I'm intrigued by your character idea and the dynamic of being affiliated with the hands of man as we have a player closely affiliated with the defenders and one on neither side so this will be very interesting

keep up the good work both of you
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 06:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Technically it's a Previous Affiliation, in either case the android got out of its contract with the HoM but it still has some contacts (or at the least knows a couple of members by name)
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 01:54 AM
Waiting for my Wish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7112
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
No promises but I might be able to come in next month with a Protoss warrior application. Since this would be my first time to play a StarFinder game, it largely depends on whether or not I can clear away enough of the RL projects that are standing in the way.

My initial thoughts are a standard melee zealot, or potentially a Templar magic user, but I'd need to go through the rules and options a bit more to reach a final decision.