Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Starfinder > Dead Suns
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 22nd, 2020, 09:18 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26483
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Documents, Datafiles, and Devices

Kreel and Acreon Investigation Files

Ferani Nadez's Datapad

Acreon Mission Briefing

Acreon Ship's Computer, Root Access

Last edited by ruffdove; Apr 12th, 2021 at 08:59 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 08:56 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Duravor Kreel's Fried Comm UnitThis comm unit has been hit by a laser bolt. An initial sweep shows only a single file to be recoverable; it was in a folder entitled "Journal." Your continued work has managed to recover and reconstruct some data that most programmers would have given up on. Still, you feel there is more data to be squeezed out of this drive.

Current Computers check to recover more data = DC 35

Last edited by ruffdove; May 11th, 2022 at 11:51 PM.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 10:20 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
The Alien Security Robot

The Alien Security Robot From the Drift Rock

You recovered this small security robot from the Drift Rock. It was heavily damaged, most likely by the Drift Wraith--or Garaggakal--you defeated in the hangar. Its right arm had a plasma type weapon integrated into it, but this was blown off by an overloaded discharge. Three of its four legs were heavily damaged as well. Having completed the first step of understanding the design, you have identified six additional steps to reactivating the robot, unlocking its secrets, and restoring its original capabilities (if you choose to do so).

First Step: Understand design--DC 25 Engineering, Success.

Second Step: Repair/replace damaged limbs--DC 30 Engineering (300 cr/UPB), Pending.

Third Step: Integrate new weapon--DC 32 Engineering (40 cr/UPB + the weapon), Pending.

Fourth Step: Craft and install new visual receptors--DC 34 Engineering (50 cr/UPB), Pending.

Fifth Step: Access command units to view, understand, and alter programming and robot's full capabilities--DC 36 Computers, Pending.

Sixth Step: Reintegrate limbs with remaining, reprogrammed command units to activate robot--DC 36 Engineering, Pending.

Seventh Step: Craft and program new arm command unit to create original combat redundancies--DC 40 Engineering and DC 40 Computers (100 cr/UPB), Pending.

Note: ALL steps are optional and may technically be done in any order, though certain steps will logically need to be done first.
Note: All steps from here out except 5 and 6 will have a credit or UPB cost associated with them. This cost is given in parentheses after DCs.

Last edited by ruffdove; May 7th, 2021 at 02:18 PM.
Old Apr 20th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
The Pyramid People of Ukulum
The Pyramid People of Ukulum
by the Fearless Explorer Halkueem Zan

Doctor Solstarni was not exaggerating about Zan's book. The first thing you notice is that it was published by an organization called "Xtreme Adventures Media"--hardly a name that screams academic integrity. The first third of the book involves Zan's exploits in The largest city on Castrovel's elf-dominated continent of Sovyrian.El and The largest and most influential city of the Lashunta-dominated continent of Asana.Qabarat, where he scoffs at the authorities, beds an implausible number of women, and assembles a team of somewhat dubious "experts," in that order. During this phase of his story, there are numerous interludes where he is "mystically stalked" by the spirits of "Oatian savages" who hope to derail his expedition. These anecdotes about jungle drums in dark, abandoned streets and the shrieks of sacrificial virgins echoing across the city to Zan's hotel room balcony are dripping with so much fantastical histrionics that it's almost impossible to believe he expected the reader to take them seriously.

Eventually, Zan and his party reach Ukulum via a magical "elf gate" and arrive at "Fortress Turhalu Point," an Asanan "bastion of civilization teetering on the rim of the cauldron that is the wild continent of Ukulum." The Lashunta soldiers are depicted as mindless, wound-up automatons following orders and procedures to the point of absurdity. They refuse to accompany Zan and his people through the gate of their compound because, despite their heavy firepower, they are "unmanned by the very thought of facing the dark secrets of the jungle." So begins the trek to Loskialua and the Singing Range Mountains.

These are a few excerpts on selected topics:

Wildlife: "Castrovel teems with vermin and monsters of all kinds. Thunder-bellied behemoths clear paths through the jungle while bellowing madly--the herbivores devouring flora with gluttonous abandon, the carnivores killing for food if hungry and for sport if sated. More vexing though are the pests I have dubbed "stingbats"--a hellish cross between monkeys, bats, and scorpions that travel in troops and harass us regularly. I fought one off as it attacked a porter and shot another as it fled. From then on, they targeted me, as though they can sense great strength, yet resent it."

The Rune Obelisk: "A dramatic spire rising to the treetops was the first of our great landmarks. Each side of it was once engraved with untold wisdom, but only the sheltered runes at the base have survived the ages. The plants here grow thicker, as if feeding upon some gifts left by the ancient elves--sacrifices of flesh and blood, no doubt."

The Plague Warden: "This massive stone figure is a reclining elven form covered in weathered boils. I suspect it is an effigy that served ritual purposes, such as absorbing the illness of some great king so that he might live forever."

The Forsaken City: "The city--called Loskialua in the primitive tongue of the elves--lies in the foothills and is a forest of small pyramids overgrown with vines. As with the funerary monuments of Lost Orision, it is likely that this was not a place of the living, but a realm of the dead. Initial excavations uncovered multiple tiers of fine architecture, displaying skill truly more advanced than the builders' primitive contemporaries." Photographs strongly suggest that these excavations were conducted with explosives.

The Stairs to Eternity: "From the Forsaken City rises a staggering, weathered staircase carved into the mountain beyond, evoking mystical contemplation in all who would climb it. Beyond stands a great temple whose haunted guardian feasted upon my comrades. We were forced to flee this savage sentinel, proving that the dark, hideous secrets of the Oatian barbarians are not meant for the minds of the civilized and the enlightened."

Photography: The book is filled with photographs and virtually all of them feature a smiling Zan in the foreground. He is a handsome, red-bearded human--aging but in good physical condition. In most of the photographs taken in El and Qabarat, Zan is generally posing with a woman or with members of his team, most of the time holding a drink in one hand. Once in Ukulum, he is invariably holding a weapon of some kind in every photograph. Since almost everything but Zan is in the background, it is usually out of focus or only partially shown. Still, you believe that you'll be able to recognize most of the major landmarks when you see them again.

One of the few photographs not showing Zan is a close-up of a stone on which are written characters in the alphabet you found on the Drift Rock (Zan, unhelpful as usual, does not specify where the photograph was taken). The caption even offers a translation by a technomancer companion of Zan's: "...the Sacred Twelve, silent protectors..."

Last edited by ruffdove; Apr 20th, 2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 06:42 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Dr. Solstarni's Deleted E-MailsYou were able to recover five deleted e-mails, three incoming and two outgoing.
Incoming 1DATE: 5/4/317
TIME: 2232Q
SUBJECT: Your Upcoming Expedition
BODY: Greetings Dr. Solstarni,

You will hopefully remember me from yesterday evening. I attended your lecture on Oatian mysticism and divination magic and approached you afterward, at which point you graciously entertained several foolish questions from a non-expert and told me about your very exciting upcoming expedition to Ukulum. It is about this expedition that I wanted to contact you again. While I did not want to mention it yesterday because I was not certain I was remembering correctly, but I have checked in with one of my colleagues at CIH and he informs me that my foggy recollection was correct and the Institute does in fact have the original copies of Halkueem Zan's field notes. As you know, he had a favorite mistress in Candares and after he left his notes in her home, she offered them to the institute. They have been in our keeping ever since. I am told that they contain a number of hard copy photographs that do not appear in his book, they are more focused on the ruins and findings and less on Zan himself.

Do you think these notes would be useful for your expedition?

Very Sincerely Yours,
Doctor Eyerub Pacqual
Professor of History
Candares Institute of History

Outgoing 1DATE: 5/5/317
TIME: 0901Q
SUBJECT: Re: Your Upcoming Expedition
BODY:Dr. Pacqual,
Thank you so much for following up with me. It was truly a pleasure to speak to you. I was not aware that Zan even bothered to take field notes. I find Zan to be a not entirely reliable source, but going to Ukulum, any additional information would be very much welcome. Are you able to transmit the notes to me via e-mail?
Respectfully,
Dr. Olmehya Solstarni

Incoming 2DATE: 5/7/317
TIME: 0317Q
BODY: Dr. Solstarni,
Lamentably our head archivist refuses to allow the documents to be scanned for preservation reasons. As I told you last night, we are a very small and traditional school and set in our ways. He has consented to loan them to you, however, provided you keep them in conditions conducive to their preservation. Of course they may not go to Ukulum with you, but a few days should be all it would take to review them. I took the liberty of having them sent to Qabarat and they will arrive at my hotel tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps tomorrow evening you would be willing to meet me for coffee, I can give you the notes, and, if you have time and would indulge me, perhaps you would be so kind as to answer some more questions about your expedition and Oatia in general.

There is a small cafe called Liavaran Summer near my hotel. Would you meet me there around 1900 tomorrow?

Very Sincerely Yours,
Doctor Eyerub Pacqual
Professor of History
Candares Institute of History

Outgoing 2DATE: 5/7/317
TIME: 0747Q
BODY:Yes, I suppose I could meet you for coffee. Liavaran Summer, I know it well. I will see you tomorrow at 1900. Thank you, Doctor.

Incoming 3DATE:5/8/317
TIME: 0012Q
BODY: You are most welcome, Doctor. I look forward to our meeting.
Dr. E. Pacqual