RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 10th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Lord of Clams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1242
ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord
Good luck, all!

Last edited by ClamLord; Jun 10th, 2022 at 01:00 PM.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 12:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4343
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Nico Fortuna
right-aligned image

- Name: penbeast or beast is fine. I've been using it since I first started online so it seemed more natural to read it in PBP than my real name would.
- Pronouns: Male
- Character Concept: V. Human, Fighter, Mercenary, Thrill Seeker
-
- Player Color: Deep rich purple
- Virtue and Vice: Fearless, does not fear death but impatient, easily bored, thrill seeker
- RP Sample: RP sample
-Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZ96rX5IGM
- Questions, Comments, Concerns?: This character is one I developed for another campaign where RL happened to the GM before we could really get started. I like the feel of the character, it's a good fit for a Renaissance era campaign, and I would like to try again. The full original writeup is in the PRIVATE NOTES section of the character sheet.

Last edited by penbeast0; Jun 11th, 2022 at 01:55 AM.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Zangul Zangul Zangul
Name: Zangul/Zang or you can call me Nick.
Pronouns/Gender: I am man, He/Him/His/Dude/Hey you.
Character Concept: A warforged Skirmisher Druid circle of the moon, name Treebark he had another name but doesn't remember it. Treebark was an agent of house Deneith. He encountered a manifest Zone of Lamania, and become infused With the raw unbounded natural energy there.

This encounter changed him. Giving him a powerful connection to the natural world. At the same time Treebark lost all memory of his former life. The spirits of nature began to call him Treebark. Because of how is integrated protection took on a more natural and rustic appearance.

He has claimed a section of the woods as his territory. He will defend the animals and plants as if they were his own children.not being a creature of nature himself, he doesn't understand hunting and farming. Because he doesn't require sleep, remains ever vigilant Of threats To the natural world.

Treebark still possess important documents identifying him as an agent of house Deneith, which the house would be willing to pay for. Treebark can be recognized as the correct Warforged by a House of Deneith signet ring worn on his right hand. His papers are kept in a leather satchel in a favorite tree hallow. If he can be convinced to Share or part way with them.

Color: Browns.

Virtue: Treebark is kind to travelers who show respect to nature. He is willing to show the way through, offer companionship and stories by fireside. Treebark is usually found with a handful of beasts in tow. He will protect them with his life is needs be.

Vice: can be easily manipulated and naive.

Rp sample from another game: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...40#post9329040

Comments, concerns, or questions: I hope you enjoyed reading this. I also hope it's convincing enough to allow it.

Last edited by Zangul; Jun 11th, 2022 at 08:36 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 08:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7859
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Good luck, everyone!

Just a head's up; next weekend I will be attending a music festival, so I may only be able to respond on Monday, earliest (if I get into the game, that is. Which, you know. Fingers crossed!).
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Bane of 1st Lv Wizards

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2751
Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks
Full transparency. I am coming off of a panic attack. If I'm being a jerk in these responses, you know why. It doesn't justify the jerkishness. But if any of you are to play in a campaign I'm in, you'll need to know how I can get.

With that said? I, ah, was honestly hoping no one else would apply! I now have ten slots that will not be taken when all's said and done, and I don't know how I feel about that. I am new to the whole "create X that people apply to join" thing. I don't quite like having to reject people.

@Penbeast: You don't have to keep secrets from the other players. If you can't expect to be transparent with others on a PbP, how would I expect you to play fair with the others? Or that you wouldn't gaslight anyone, whether fellow players or GM? Please reveal your private sections to your message. And if you will not, I will. However, if it is something that absolutely should remain private for character development, maybe that's fine. But writing a very generic pitch, while obfuscating all else, doesn't help.

@Zangul: Mask off. Is this character application copy-pasted from another 5e game? Because I did have a section of preferred races for my setting. I'm not saying that Warforged wouldn't click, especially with Artificer allowed. But you'll definitely get some strange looks at best? And at worst, ah, your character may not be considered people as an automaton. I won't go full-on KKK-but-versus-Warforged or something, but you get it. If you're certain this is what you'd want to attempt, that's alright. Just full disclosure that your character will stand out, and not always in good ways.

Despite any criticism on my part, I like both new ideas. Ex-merchant adventurer and machine-person-turned-druid would fit just fine. Heck, my first character here on RPGX was a thief who left the family (guild-sanctioned) business to be a thrill seeker. So both pitches are fine. I just have some reservations that I want to clarify.

Last edited by Seeks; Jun 13th, 2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 02:40 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1060
Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren
I'm sorry about the panic attacks, they suck. Make sure to take it easy and give yourself time to regain your bearings (in your own way, everybody seem to have different reactions and ways to recover). Mental health comes first!
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 04:49 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Zangul Zangul Zangul
@seeks all is good. It was an attempt to try something out of the box. No hard feelings my friend your game, your rules. I'm glad you like it. I'd like the challenge of the roleplay, but I do understand that you wouldn't want the headache. I enjoyed attempting to try something unusual. Happy Gaming, until next time. And no not being a jerk. No not copy and pasted.

Last edited by Zangul; Jun 13th, 2022 at 04:50 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 07:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4343
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
The secrecy is a key part of the character's self-image. Please withdraw my application, thanks.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 03:17 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3556
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
I'm keen on making a backup character concept but for this one, I would need to know why the group has been brought together. If that's not something you're ready to reveal, then I won't worry about it for now.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
You have a fair amount of applicants, otherwise I'd try with a Leonin Paladin...
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 12:45 PM
Bane of 1st Lv Wizards

Tools
User Statistics
Hey again, all. One day left till I send out the invites. Got the very last of finishing touches I need to attend to for the campaign's subforum. To address these messages last-minute?

@Sluggren: Thank you. Usually I'm okay after about a day at most, but they can get pretty intense in the moment. If things weren't turning out for the better for me of late, IDK.

@Zangul: Not a problem. Sorry for being rude. Thank you for the clarification.

@PenBeast: If you say so.

@Treble: Fair enough. I probably should reveal info. As I wrote in the opening vignette, the opening party is brought together by a shared, unfortunate circumstance. What I didn't say is that y'all are being thrown into an opening dungeon crawl. All of you have been captured, but the opportunity to escape will come immediately. Can you tell I wear some of my influences on my sleeve?

@Runetide: Sorry to hear. I get not wanting to apply with so many applicants. If I decide to run a one-shot or side-adventure in this setting, I could PM you then? Otherwise, thank you for the interest at any rate.

Either way... for six of you, hope to see you tomorrow. For those who didn't make the cut, my apologies. I really like a whole lot of your ideas. For a few who didn't make it, I'll likely send out PMs in a few days to ask if you wanna be added to the reserves. I'm honored for all of your interest and character ideas. Thank you for applying for my game.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Bane of 1st Lv Wizards

Tools
User Statistics
Pencils down! Or something!

All six invitation PMs have been sent for the main players. I'll send out an announcement on this thread in a few days for anyone who'd wanna be on the backup player roster. Maybe even playing in a side adventure someday. We'll see.