RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 21st, 2022, 04:47 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 80451
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressedtojazz View Post
@Dirk - joining the fray?
Negative... No cool idea in my head for it.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 09:03 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4113
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Forget Dungeon crawling, this crew's more likely to be bar crawling
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 02:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21547
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
@triedtherest - good to have you here. looking forward to seeing your application.

@Amarga - Hi there. maybe, but I also aim to diversify the various venues for performances. Golarion is open to exploring - who says that the group won't find a good opportunity as mediators in Brevoy, as exotic skalds in the Land of the Linnorm Kings, or as the private band for a vain pirate captain out of the Shackles? There are dense jungles, and deep underground cities of dwarves, drow, and other less known races. Even the other planes might come in handy at some point...
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 10:37 AM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4113
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Rokkaku WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Rokkaku Yogo
Gender(s): Male
Race: Human
Culture: Minkai
Class: Samurai (Ronin Order)
Archetype: Warrior Poet
Role: Vocalist, backup drummer
Alignment: N
Age Category: Adult (32)

Appearance: A scruffy man in need of a new pair of clothes, a solid meal, and a proper shave, Rokkaku is clearly someone who's let himself go. Not being too tall, Rokkaku stands shorter than most men, and is slighter of build as well. Honestly he always looked out of place in his full armour set, so he's glad he has no obligation to wear it anymore. His messy black hair is typically kept in a loose ponytail, but he lets it down when putting on a show. Rokkaku moves with the upright posture of a properly trained warrior, but the occasional stumble of someone too used to being deep in their cups.
The only things Rokkaku really properly cares for are his small drum, which issues a pleasing *pon* noise upon being struck, and his blades. His voice is a solid tenor with a raspy quality to it, partially due to a life spent smoking whatever he could get for his pipe on any given day. However with a good swig of something strong he can keep the pipes flowing smoothly when occasion demands.

Personality: A bold, upfront personality with a love of good drink and laughter. Rokkaku is tempered by his upbringing and training, allowing him to restrain his normal tendencies to act as a liaison with more "temperate" crowds. Otherwise Rokkaku enters the musical arena and the battlefield with hearty laugh and general disregard for the outcome, whatever happens, happens.
With his band mates Rokkaku is always laughing and joking, with plenty of backslapping to go around.
The man rarely finds reason to be critical with anyone, merely shrugging his shoulders and saying, "We'll do better next time." And ordering another round of drinks.
Part of the reason for this is his new lack of structure in life, leading to him cutting looser and looser as time goes on. This loosening means he's somewhat less invested in forging strong new ties, that's a part of his life he's been hesitant to reignite.

Background: A Samurai from a good family who failed to protect his lord on an ill-judged expedition to western lands, Rokkaku found himself without any desire to commit suicide, or to return in shame to his homeland, family, and his arranged marriage.
So Rokkaku had to find a new way to sustain himself. His art was his voice and hand drum (Ōkawa) so he set out to make a new name for himself based on something other than the sword.

In-Character Sample:
"Wooooo!" Rokkaku finished, thrusting a fist into the air and stumbling as the act knocked him off balance. Probably too much to drink, but the patrons of this particular bar didn't seem to mind it so much.
Some even tossed a few coins into the tattered thing he called a hat. Giving an unsteady bow to an audience that was already turning back to their business, Rokkaku scooped up his hat and checked what he had managed to get.
A few coppers, a silver... his face twisted and he peered blearily at a particularly shiny coin, oh yeah, now that'll get me some- He blinked and rubbed at it, just another copper.
Shaking his head ruefully, the ronin moved to the bar and nodded to the sour-faced dwarven woman behind the counter.
He dumped the hat-full of coins onto the counter, causing her to look slowly from them to him with a raised eyebrow.
"Whatever this'll get me," Rokkaku said, flashing her a grin that would have been charming if he had properly cleaned himself up in the past few days, "I'm a man of means tonight."

That at least elicited an amused snort. The dwarf slid the coins into a bucket and poured him a drink, " 'ere ya go, one flagon o' bridge-street brew. Yer good for another five o' those with yer show and yer coin."
Rokkaku offered a disgraceful bow that would have earned him a beating by his father years ago but seemed to work on the locals, "You are most kind." He slugged back his drink and sagged into his chair. He fumbled for his coin purse in his pocket and gave it an experimental jiggle. Practically empty, I need to find some more lucrative work, and soon.

The ronin sighed and took another swig before reaching for his pipe. He was basically broke, owed an uncomfortable sum of coins to a local money-lender, and had nobody to rely on. Rokkaku teared up in a moment of drunken self-pity, then grunted and sucked back a drag of smoke from his pipe. He reached for a crumpled up piece of paper in his pocket, there was a group of musicians inviting anyone and everyone to join their crew. Rokkaku hadn't thought he would show, but maybe it was time to stop being so solitary, it hadn't done him much good so far.
Rakkaku finished off his drink and stumbled out of the bar, completely forgetting his tab was good for a few more drinks.
He straightened up in the dingy lamplight, yeah, unless he wanted to die in some rotted corner of a rundown bar, he needed to try something new.

Last edited by Amarga; Jun 28th, 2022 at 11:40 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 07:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3498
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Beku WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Bekunio Ardavin (aka: Beku, Bek, Grandpa, Old Fart)
Gender(s): Male
Race: Human
Culture: Originally OldCheliaxian, but a Saga Lands boy at heart.
Class: Investigator
Archetype(s): Majordomo
Role: Revisioning contracts, PR, occasionally presenter and flutes (for a couple of songs in the repertoire)
Alignment: Neutral
Age Category: Venerable (But wouldn't hate a discount on the maluses)

Appearance: Decrepit. Some people might even doubt he's alive, really, some sorts of undeads look younger than Bekunio. Already not tall in youth, he's now curved by the weight of the years, which makes him look incredibly small for a human. He's not particularly agile, but can walk without any assistance, and can sometimes old his own in a barfight, even if he always regrets it the morning(s) after, wether he won or not.

The old merchant usually has a scruffy outlook, with dark clothing that is past 'worn-out' and a black hat that hasn't been fashionable for a couple of generations now, covering his bald spot while the rest of his stringy white hair flows on his shoulders.

Personality: Oh, he's adorable, but you don't commit more than half-a-century in the trading business if people don't like you. To be fair though, his strong skill is not charm, it's logic, when he knows he has something valuable to sell, it's easy to place it, when it's not all that valuable, well then, it's still probably a good deal, right?
Conditioned by the knowledge that he probably doesn't have much time left in this plane, Beku tends to speak remarkably fast -especially when he's excited- with his high-pitch raspy voice.
Since his age, the old merchant know that he needs to rely on others to succeed, so he doesn't take it personally when younger people dismiss his opinions, He knows they'll come back for his knowledge eventually.

Background:Bekunio spent most of his life in the family trading caravan, moving to town to town buying and selling goods across the regions. He married young the first time, then remarried again many years later, totaling five kids and later twelve grandchildren. Since nobody was interested in taking on the family business, at the death of his second wife, Bekunio sold the caravan and divided the revenue six ways, one for every one of his kids and a part for him. Deciding that he was too old to travel the lands, he settled in Veldraine and kept working as a clerk in a prestigious jewellery, where he managed the acquisitions, due to his eye for appraising precious stones and masterful craft.

In-Character Sample:

Last edited by Ursinorum; Jul 1st, 2022 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 10:01 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8908
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Withdrawn; just couldn't find the right voice. Good luck with your game.

Last edited by Noquarter19; Jun 26th, 2022 at 01:51 AM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 03:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
@Noquarter19 - good to have you here. Fantasy setting wiring sounds like a dangerous job. got to have someone with an affinity for electricity to do that job

Last edited by Dressedtojazz; Jun 23rd, 2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 05:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14487
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
3 drummers already eh, hmmm maybe I will have to switch things up
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 06:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
@OneDarkness, don't change your role: just add things, when you and your buddies are penniless in a small enterprise, everyone has multiple jobs.

Last edited by Ursinorum; Jun 23rd, 2022 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jun 24th, 2022, 10:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14487
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Thats okay I am down for a fiddler as well, who doesn't love a good fiddler
Old Jun 24th, 2022, 03:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5201
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDarkness View Post
Thats okay I am down for a fiddler as well, who doesn't love a good fiddler
That's what she said.....I'll get my cloak!
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 02:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I will be looking at all applications that are in wednesday the 29th of June 8am. This is a round of reviews. The final deadline will be Sunday the 10th of July.
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 03:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
Withdrawn; just couldn't find the right voice. Good luck with your game.
Sad to see you go, Noquarter, but thanks for the effort.
Old Jun 30th, 2022, 06:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Duplicated app post by mistake..

I think my app is done, is it okay if I wait until the final selection to choose the class? I'd like to fill up any "party role" that might be left open..

Last edited by Ursinorum; Jun 30th, 2022 at 06:39 AM.
Old Jun 30th, 2022, 07:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5915
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Ursinorum

How about going for a gnome inquisitor of Shelyn with the monster tactician archetype? As a goddess of music and art, Shelyn fits the party theme. Having a good pile of skill points, you’ll have lots of options out of combat. Being elderly matters less if you are relying on summons, spells and skills. Being a divine caster you contrast with others who are arcane or psionic - which can help if one or another type of magic is fizzling. On top of everything else, you could do some backup healing.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Jun 30th, 2022 at 07:19 AM.