RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 06:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2762
Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas
Hey Dark Asterisk,

How do you see paladins functioning in this world? Per the mechanics, paladins aren't really devoted to a particular deity(minus some archetypes), but there is always of course the divine deity pantheon feel to them, like a supped up martial oracle. Are they more direct in here where what they serve and get their powers from are the divine beasts in place of the gods? And how do you view their whole LG rigor? That can always make paladins a fine line to walk.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 06:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5073
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
NG seems good, but you know your character better than us. I never had played a just N characters, seem to hard.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 06:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Are you using any specific rules for owning/building buildings such as in my case a guild crypt?

Would you mind if i had some undead already raised before the game starts? how would that be handled?

Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 07:31 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
Paladins often serve in the militant arm of the cults and I would say for this game that I'm less strict on how pallies behave. Each divine beast is different and would seek different things from their paladins. I'd say worry less about being lawful good and worry more about following the tenants of the divine beast. I'd say Antipaladins are allowed given beasts like Nergal and Oneiros.

No specific rules on owning or building buildings, but I will allow buildings to be built and owned. Given you are level 10, I wouldn't have a problem with you already having some undead minions. I would say that the undead in question would need to be contained somewhere outside the city proper or else they'd be destroyed. Perhaps the outlying areas of the city or even the slums in a warehouse would suffice too. Citizens will freak out seeing zombies and ghouls running around, especially with the dead rising at night and attacking people. The cult of Nergal will of course have suitable areas they own for keeping undead. They corner the market on apothecary shops as well.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 22nd, 2022 at 07:35 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 08:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Awesome, i was thinking a graveyard/crypt for his base of operations if allowed. He would provide burials for anyone who needed them and guard against others raising the corpses. He would ask each family if it was alright to raise them during an emergency such as to guard the city from monsters and if they said no he would not allow them to be raised.

The more i think about this character the more excited i get to have a chance to play him.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 10:15 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
The city has extensive catacombs and there are ancient crypts and mausoleums dotted around outside the city. An undead defense system is something I'd enjoy seeing. The good thing about having the cult of Nergal in the city is that undead can't do anything without them knowing about it.

All champions will have a base to operate from. This can be linked to their divine beast cult or can be something else, like a business or a private home. Champions do have perks.

I'm working on a system for perks to add variation and utility to champions. Especially if we have two of the same class or two of the same shrine. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 22nd, 2022 at 10:21 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 12:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas
Ah, so we can have overlap in shrines? That's good at least, a bit less to worry about in bumping someone else potentially out of the pool.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 01:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I read what shapes Erebus takes, but I was wondering exactly what's he about?
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 06:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5915
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
I went back to Searubis to include a base/business interest, to give some more notes on acquiring his animal companion and cohort. He should be ready to roll if you are so kind as to admit him. Feedback is welcomed.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 09:08 AM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Erebus wants there to be more shadows and more darkness. He isn't a diabolical being, he's just a creature of darkness, so he wants to bring more dark to the lands of light. Parshah is his opposite. Erebus is motivated by self-preservation and cunning, so he values those traits in his champions. He doesn't mind skullduggery, thievery, or subterfuge because these things are done in the dark. Rogues, thieves, and anyone that uses the shadows to their advantage say whispered prayers to Erebus. Night is his sacred time and the people and creatures that move in the dark he sees as his followers. His cult is half the size of Parshah's but he gets a great deal of prayers at night when dark things skulk about.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 09:23 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3299
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
I have set Majet as the leader of the Clan of the Forge, who believe they were created by Vulcan as his personal servants. I have had her become more bull like when she enlarges herself and hopw that you like that aspect of my application. Let me know if you need more from me.

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 02:24 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Becoming bull-like when enlarging is in line with Vulcan, so I like it.

This afternoon, I'll be going over completed applications and enjoying the read. I'll give any feedback I feel is warranted. I've enjoyed everything I've read so far.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 06:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Who would you say is the most light hearted and somewhat carefree of the divine beasts? A renewed Usumgallu would appeal to a paladin, should I go down such a path, but I don't want to step on Ermine's toes there.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 07:15 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Usumgallu was once a decent candidate and could be again with the right champion or champions. Parshah is maybe too on the nose for a paladin. Botanica has some traits that fit, but more for a druid or hunter, and Grandarg can be fun. He's like king kong if kong were made of basalt with gemstone eyes.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 08:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm...Erebus doesn't sound bad at all and his ideal fits in with my dhampir well, not only being a rogue, but a shadowdancer as well, he needs the shadows to his advantage, plus with the sun changing his skin, darkness is his friend, whether he likes it or not.