Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Starfinder > Dead Suns
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 04:15 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26483
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
@Khalil - you're rolling in my game about as well as I'm rolling in yours...
Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 10:05 PM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15320
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Yeah. At least It's a good thing Mendev is not roof running in plate :-x
Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 11:01 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9237
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Roof Running in plate sounds dangerous for both the runner and pedestrians on the streets below!
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18321
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
I know you may be waiting on me. I got guests over and will try to post tomorrow morning, when I got a moment alone.
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 06:41 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Also waiting on Lord99. Posts and also a perception check.
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 07:51 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3141
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
I notice that my posts are a lot shorter and contain a lot less of Matsu's inner dialog than everyone else's. I think I'm used to a different style of post than is the norm for this forum. It's something I will work on. I'm loving reading everyone else's posts, and I'll try to emulate a bit, so bear with me if it takes a while.
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
@Nevynxxx

While I certainly would welcome a more in depth look at Matsu, I think your posts have been fine so far. Everyone has their own style of writing and their own style of playing play-by-post and there is no right or wrong. Usually, early-game posts tend to be longer because the player is establishing the character, but I've also seen players more gradually let their characters take shape and that's fine too. As you can see by looking at the various applications I selected for this game, I personally appreciate a variety of styles. There is nothing wrong with shorter posts, and there's nothing wrong with conveying a character's inner thoughts through external indications only.

Now as I've said, if you want to emulate the more in depth styles that you're seeing, that would be great. But the important thing is that you enjoy writing the posts and enjoy the game.
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
But the important thing is that you enjoy writing the posts and enjoy the game.
This!

Seriously, don't go and push yourself beyond what you're comfortable with because I'm writing in a different style or cadence. I think everyone's doing fine and having a good time. I also think at first you'll see people establishing their characters and when things get set up posts will be a lot shorter as our motivations and personality are reduced to a shorthand. It's a thing that happens everywhere in writing, not just PBP.
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
You are all too nice! I don't see it as a chore though. Part of why I looked for some place new was to see and try new styles. It's fun to push yourself sometimes.
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Weepin-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23528
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I step away for one day-- ONE DAY-- and you guys get us in a fight! Gosh, I'm going to have to keep a close watch on you all.

I'm with everyone else on posting length/content. I'm glad that you're using it as a chance to stretch your writing comfort zone, though, Nevynxxx.
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
By virtue of Malone's natural 20, the group gets initiative in round 1; however, please hold off posting round 1 actions until Kursk gets his surprise round actions and I post the updated map and the results of Vette's examination of Duravor.

Last edited by ruffdove; Oct 6th, 2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
I am glad I have the improved move speed or I wouldn't have had the distance to actually get to the dwarf!
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Extra speed's always a good feat choice, but for a blitz soldier...? Essential.

Has anyone checked out the new Starfinder player's manual? Apparently it has three new classes, new feats, new spells, and new Starship combat options and even roles. Can't wait to check it out.
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
The character operations manual? Yeah I've playtested the Vanguard and Witchwarper. Pretty sweet, but their abilities were a little weak in the playtest.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 03:19 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wonder, missed checking posts for a day and loads to catch up on! I know what I’m doing at lunchtime... post eta is just over 4 hours