Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Starfinder > Dead Suns
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 7th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26483
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Nevynxxx: Remember that your base attack bonus of +1 allows you to draw your pistol while moving. If you want to add a standard action or another move action to your turn, please feel free. Also, please specify the square you wish to end up on.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Weepin-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23528
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove
Has anyone checked out the new Starfinder player's manual? Apparently it has three new classes, new feats, new spells, and new Starship combat options and even roles. Can't wait to check it out.
I'm aware it exists, but certainly haven't gotten hold of it yet. After getting through the Starfinder rules, I've been reading through M&M3E, which is really interesting me at the moment. Next up is the PF2E CRB, when I find the time. That thing is enormous.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 11:05 AM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15320
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Question. Personal comms? How do they work in terms of action economy?

Is it like having to pull phone out, and calling?

Or is it like a tap the shoulder and calling ?

Or is it a mental thought and calling?
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3141
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
Nevynxxx: Remember that your base attack bonus of +1 allows you to draw your pistol while moving. If you want to add a standard action or another move action to your turn, please feel free. Also, please specify the square you wish to end up on.
Post edited to include a ref, but I'm happy with actions as they stand. Matsu isn't going to shoot until someone is specifically targeting his friends.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3141
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post

Very good question. I've assumed that Lashunta telepathy is no more of an action than speaking. Happy to retcon if that's wrong.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post

I would say that using your comm unit to contact someone would be a full round action (remember, a round is 6 seconds). Once you have comms open, you could probably hook the unit on your belt and talk. If you're thinking about calling Absalom Station Guard, it's probably a safe bet they're on their way anyway.

Telepathy is basically just like talking - it's a No Action that you can accomplish while doing other things. Remember the 30' range, however.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 06:33 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Also - just for clarity since the infosphere info may have left this a little ambiguous... The gangs have opened fire in a crowded public place, killed one person, and kept shooting with Vette and T'aro running to assist. Legally speaking you're all in the clear for using weapons in self-defense, since it applies to self and also innocent third parties. But remember, use of grenades is forbidden on the Station under any circumstances.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 06:52 PM
Weepin-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23528
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok

Last edited by Unko Talok; Oct 7th, 2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9237
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post

This is predominantly why I never play a grenadier soldier... :/
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 11:24 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
Also - just for clarity since the infosphere info may have left this a little ambiguous... The gangs have opened fire in a crowded public place, killed one person, and kept shooting with Vette and T'aro running to assist. Legally speaking you're all in the clear for using weapons in self-defense, since it applies to self and also innocent third parties. But remember, use of grenades is forbidden on the Station under any circumstances.

Yeah, that's understandable. Mendev is thinking more along the lines of ensuring cops don't arrive and think they started the problem. And... to see if any bounties.

Yeah, so I was looking more into the comms.

So as it stands, an item basically the same bulk size as pistol I would definitely say requires a move action to pull out (which makes sense if you pull a phone out of your pocket). Dialing etc.Activating it should be no more than another move action, and as always talking is free (with time limit restrictions of course).

This is where getting AI and smaller/smarter computers will be useful. ALL that can potentially be taken down to NO action, if I could just tell the AI to dial the ASG and to report the incident.

In the meantime the computer could also scan the area, and do facial recognition for wanted bounties.

… I knew I should have spent some more time figuring out a good reason why I needed a beefier computer :-p

Definitely wasn't expecting to need one this fast.

Last edited by Khalil; Oct 7th, 2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 07:28 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 624
Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99
Just to check - is there an updated combat map somewhere that I'm just not seeing? Or do we need to start with the original one and then go through all the posts to figure out where everyone is?
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 07:45 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@Ruffdove - Did you count the -4 penalty for Full attack action and the -4 penalty for Defensive Fighting?
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
@Lord99
The map and key are inside a spoilerbutton in the OOGM fieldset. Click on the spoiler and it will reveal them.

@Khalil - I did for the full attack on Vette, but was distracted and only subtracted 2 on the attacks on Kursk. The hit is still a hit, so luckily no effect.
None of the NPCs were fighting defensively (-4 to hit, +2 to AC). Ganger 2 was Firing defensively (-2 to hit, does not provoke AOO - see House Rules).

My kids were fighting while I was trying to get the rolls up, so there were a couple of mistakes, but the dice rolls themselves are all clear enough hits or misses that the mistakes didn't impact them.
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 624
Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99
I've clicked it, and the ones in your other combat posts. The only one which revealed a map is the first post for the combat with initial positions, the other two have a key but no map. At least for me.

The first one is also the only one that shows it has an attached thumbnail - again, at least for me.
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm. I'm seeing them. I'll attach the image to it. Weird.

Is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: The image is now an attached thumbnail. Does that change what you're seeing in the spoilerbutton? I'll do it that way from now on.

Last edited by ruffdove; Oct 8th, 2019 at 08:23 PM.