Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Starfinder > Dead Suns
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 8th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26483
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Okay, the last two posts are updated with thumbnails. Please let me know if anyone cannot see the last two maps.
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 624
Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99
Yes, I can see both other maps now, and the 'attached thumbnail' note at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 10:02 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Excellent. Hope everyone else can see them. Please let me know if you can't.

Obviously I'm still ironing out the kinks.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 12:09 PM
Weepin-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23528
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Were you uploading the maps to some other website, rather than as attachments on DnDOG, ruffdove? I've had this issue before, with (e.g.) imgur or photobucket being blocked for someone. Using images attached to a DnDOG post has usually fixed it for me, even though I find it slightly more cumbersome (for reasons that don't really make much sense, as I think about it...).

In the character info table, can we add our token colors somewhere? Next to our name, or the like? I'm finding that, while I recognize T'aro, I'm having trouble keeping track of who the others are.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18321
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
In the character info table, can we add our token colors somewhere? Next to our name, or the like? I'm finding that, while I recognize T'aro, I'm having trouble keeping track of who the others are.
Oh, yes, please! I feared I was the only one!
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
I was uploading the maps to my CS private thread where I built the posts. Then I used the same URL over here. Interestingly, I could see the map just fine... but maybe because my CS private thread is private, anything uploaded there can only be seen by me? I dunno. Gonna attach to the game threads from now on since that seems to be the fix.

And yes - I'd be happy to add your colors to the player table.

EDIT: Unko - Your modified roll of 9 is actually a hit on Black 4 because he has gained the flatfooted condition from Grix's trick attack (-2 AC). However, I need you to give me a square you're moving to in order to get line-of-effect to him, since you cannot shoot through the kiosk. Alternatively you could stay put and shoot at one of the purple gang members from where you are, but your roll will mean a miss against all of them (even D with EAC 9 has a low obstacle for partial cover).

Last edited by ruffdove; Oct 9th, 2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Weepin-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23528
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Updated!
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
EDIT: Unko - Your modified roll of 9 is actually a hit on Black 4 because he has gained the flatfooted condition from Grix's trick attack (-2 AC).
As much as I hate to gimp us, I looked that flat-footed thing up, because the ability didn't seem precisely phrased. And the basic trick attack only makes the target flat-footed to the trick attack itself. The Debilitating Trick that Grix gains at level 4 will extend the duration until her next turn. (Of course, if you wanna house rule it differently, I won't stop you. )
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
I'm going to disagree with your reading of the rules, BF.

Quote:
If you succeed at the check, you deal 1d4 additional damage and the target is flatfooted.
1. It does not specifically state that the target is flatfooted only for your attack; I read it as the target gaining the flatfooted condition.
2. There is nothing I can find in the rules about the flatfooted condition (or any condition) ever applying to one attacker but not others. By definition, conditions are states of being that apply to the target. According to the rules, the flatfooted condition is ended by the flatfooted character taking a combat action.
3. In the context of this game, with group initiative, there seems to be no added benefit of the 4th level trick effect, which would support your interpretation, but look at the benefits in a game using the rules as writtenRAW for initiative. Assume the following: an operative and soldier are fighting a monster and roll initiative. Operative gets a 20, monster gets a 15, soldier gets a 10.

1st level operative successfully tricks monster and flatfoots it for his attack.
Monster acts in combat and loses flatfooted condition.
Soldier attacks monster as normal.

4th level operative successfully tricks monster and flatfoots it until the beginning of his next turn.
Monster acts in combat but retains the flatfooted condition.
Soldier attacks monster with benefit of it being flatfooted.
Monster loses flatfooted condition at the beginning of the operative's next turn.

So that's my interpretation. If there is a Paizo clarification on the matter that contradicts me, please me know. But for this turn, I'm scoring T'aro's attack a hit.

Last edited by ruffdove; Oct 9th, 2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 11:35 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Back to you guys!

Note to Lord99: Mendev has provided Kursk with a +1 morale bonus to hit Purple C if you want to fire at her instead of D this round.
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 12:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
If there is a Paizo clarification on the matter that contradicts me, please me know. But for this turn, I'm scoring T'aro's attack a hit.
As much as I would love to agree with you, unfortunately there is. In their FAQ: https://paizo.com/starfinder/faq#v5748eaic9vwk
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 05:27 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3141
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
As much as I would love to agree with you, unfortunately there is. In their FAQ: https://paizo.com/starfinder/faq#v5748eaic9vwk
Guys, I think we found the paladin......
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 05:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The player? For good or ill: guilty as charged. ^^
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 05:59 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3141
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
The player? For good or ill: guilty as charged. ^^
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 07:37 AM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15320
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
LOL!

On a side note I think all those years of rolling decently have finally started to catch up. :-x