Old May 24th, 2022, 08:32 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20414
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
I didn't want to leave you to stew...
left-aligned image

Tomas is around three and a half feet tall. His hair is entirely gone and his skin is a dark greyish color with more muscle than he once had. He peeks out the tunnel his nose leading him out and he looks to the group over at the fire pit making stew. "Well, village folk! I was right afeared that them rats had done somat to ye. Seems like 'twas just me noggin imaginin bad things happenin."

He climbs down the ladder and looks around again the only being he thinks he sort of recognizes is Ria. He moves closer to her and says, "Ria, that you lass? If so mebbe you ken introduce these folk? I suppose you're here for the delivery to Ardin's forge eh? We were a bit behind last time you came by and now I can't get my crew to mine any actual iron. Don't suppose he'd accept mithral instead eh?"

Last edited by Ysolde; May 24th, 2022 at 08:34 PM.
Old May 26th, 2022, 03:29 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8377
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere

Bran Gelbman
right-aligned image
When Tomas returned to the camp Bran broke off from assisting with the stew and from the general repairs and tidying he had been doing to the camp itself with his magic. ”Oh he is a gnome now but he looks quite different than I do!” Bran exclaimed as he approached with a face full of curiosity.

”Oh we have had some trouble with the abomination rats but we’ve been hunting them and we have hopefully purged the source of what was creating them…” Bran replied quickly. ”Your traps look like they’ve been quite effective though…” Bran added nodding towards the oversized rat traps. ”Did you have much trouble with the rats or anything else? Bran then questioned.

”Oh I’m sorry I really should have said… It really is hard to tell who is who now adays… I’m Bran… Bran Gelbman… Magda’s son…” Bran introduced himself. ”I’d sometimes bring messages or deliveries to the mine…” Bran added hoping that would jog Tomas’ memory. ”You know Miss Ria Ofcourse and that’s miss Autumn. The big man is Mister Farrin, the Satyr is Mister Ness and the draconic man is Gavin Tanner the Tanner’s son…” Bran introduced quickly.

Bran then glanced over at Ria and smiled. ”Oh I’m sure Master Ardin would love to get his hands on some Mithril but I am going to guess he is still going to need some iron for the more mundane stuff Miss Ria?” Bran then replied while fidgeting from spot to spot slightly.

”How are the miners? We read your note… other than the change do you think there’s anything wrong with them? Something wrong with their minds?” Bran questioned with a look of concern.

Last edited by Alatere; May 26th, 2022 at 03:41 AM.
Old May 26th, 2022, 05:34 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3299
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Ria Siannodel
right-aligned image

Ria has been busy while the meal is being prepared using her magic to mend all the broken tools she can find.When Tomas appears she beams at him and says " Nice to see you, Tomas. I am sure that Adrin would welcome the chance to work Mithral as much as I will. It can replace iron in most of the objects we make but has always been so rare and expensive. We could also use iron if you have some as Mithral horseshoes seem to be a strange combination."

Stat Block

Actions & Movement

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old May 26th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5241
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Gavin

Gavin is content to let Bran introduce them all to Tomas and for Ria to talk about what metal the village needs. He doesn't know anything about mithril, but he isn't surprised when Ria says it's rare. After all, he hasn't heard of it before and he would have if it was common. He echoes Bran's concern about the miners. "Good afternoon, Tomas. As bran mentioned, your note makes it sound like the miners are a bit obsessed with the mine now. Since they don't seem inclined to mine any iron, do you think they would mind if someone else went down there to do it? The traps we saw on the map make me think they would not react well to someone else coming into what they clearly think of as their mine. Do they have a leader that we could negotiate with?"
Old May 26th, 2022, 02:55 PM
Okay-ish Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2269
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Ness
right-aligned image

"Ahem." Ness clears his throat.

"I made soup."

Last edited by PapaHuck; May 26th, 2022 at 02:57 PM.
Old May 26th, 2022, 04:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Ash
right-aligned image

Ash slowly woke up as the aroma of Roasted Lamb reached his nostrils and worked its way into his consciousness, his stomach giving a loud rumbling worthy of one of his own more vocal growls, Stretching like a big cat, muscles and joints popping and cracking as he sat up from the small cot barely big enough to hold him, Ash looks around at the group, unsure how long he has been sleeping, long enough for someone new to join them it seems, a man of a similar stature as young Bran, though with considerably less hair.

From the collection of friendly smiles and polite conversation being directed his way by the group, he feels its safe to assume he is one of the missing miners and so Ash gives him no more thought and focuses on the Soup being tended by Ness, his mouth watering "Where did you find Lamb out here James?" moving closer Ash inhales the scent of the Soup, quirking an eyebrow to the Satyr "Onion and..Juniper? interesting choice" From the accompanying growl of his stomach, its clear "interesting choice" doesn't mean he's not interested in trying it anyway

Returning to the Cot and waiting for James to finish his soup, Ash casts his gaze over to Tomas as he asks aloud "So who's that?" Not that the name would mean much to Ash, In all his time in the village he didn't have much contact with the Miners, like the Charcoal Burner they were largely self sufficient and stayed at a distance to the more communal aspects of village life for the most part

Actions & Movement

Stat Block

Old May 26th, 2022, 08:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Autumn Luwddoc
right-aligned image

Autumn nods her head at Tomas in greetings, letting others do the talking. She didn't know much about Mithral, so she couldn't add anything to that coversation. So, she just waits for the meal to be ready. It almost seems ages ago that she was just an ordinary human shepherd. Now, now she is half-elven, plus a druid to boot. On top of all of that, she is now an adventurer. A lot sure has happened in a such a sort time. She then sighs. Will anything be back to normal? Probably not, she thinks.

Autuamn's stats

Old May 27th, 2022, 09:42 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Talk and soup
left-aligned image

Tomas heads over to Ness who he nods up at saying, "Ness eh? Dun think we had you all the way out here. Usually we jess use one of the old tunnels or did a hole." He takes a bite of the soup adding, "Nice soup though."

He greets each of the others and goes on to say, "Madness, part of the change can't rightly say. They stay down thereabout and mine up the mithral along with gold and gems the likes of which I'd say this here mine should nae have and aye they can be a bit tetchy about the treasure room. Closest they have to a leader is me and even so they still dun want to come out. 'Thakee fer the meal sir now I best be back ta work.' Never afore had they ever been so happy ta do their punishments." He throws up a hand, the other stays on the bowl of soup.

He shrugs and adds, "They'll let you folk in as long as ye dun go inta the treasure room. Mebbe ye'll have more luck than me as ta gettin them to mine iron or just figgurin out what's wrong with 'em. We can go after I finish this nice soup."

Last edited by Ysolde; May 27th, 2022 at 09:44 AM.
Old May 27th, 2022, 01:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5241
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Gavin

Gavin rummaged around until he found bowls and spoons, enough for everyone. He handed one of each to everyone, his mouth beginning to water as he took in the aroma of the soup. "That smells great, Ness." Gavin waits patiently as everyone gets a hearty helping of the soup, taking his last. The ladle clanks quietly against the sides of the pot as he scrapes the last bits of meat and onion into his bowl. He thinks about what Tomas said as he tucks into his meal. "So you don't think the precious metal and gems should be in the mine?" he asks Tomas. "If that's the case, then maybe the land itself was changed too, as well as many of us. I hadn't considered that before. It feels like for every good change that I have seen, there's also a bad change. If we are lucky, the bad near here was that foul window that we broke and there will be no more heard from it, but I'm not holding my breath for that."

He stops talking for a while so he can enjoy his meal. When he's finished, he looks for a way to at least rinse the bowl and spoon. When that's done, he turns back to Tomas. "Do you have a lantern or two that we can use? Some of us didn't get better eyesight with the changes, and I don't relish wandering around in the dark."
Old May 28th, 2022, 12:14 PM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3299
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Ria Siannodel
right-aligned image

Ria eats the soup and then looks up at Tomas. " Nice soup, James. Time to go, Tomas. Lets go and see what the change has done to the Miners. We need to find something they need from us that they are willing to mine Iron for. Maybe they will be more wiling when they know Ardin is also a Dwarf."

Stat Block

Actions & Movement

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; May 28th, 2022 at 12:15 PM.
Old May 29th, 2022, 05:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Ash
right-aligned image

Ash's stomach growled again as he took a long slow inhale of the aroma when the bowl was passed to him, looking very pleased as he started to consume the soup with the appetite of a man who hadn't eaten in days, the pleased look soon changing to confusion as he chewed on the chunks of Jerky used, the meat clearly not the roasted Lamb he was smelling, his senses conflicting with his brain.

"Whoever butchered that lamb should be drawn and quartered, they ruined it. toughest lambs meat i've ever eaten" despite the complaint on the dried lamb Ash still finishes the meal in record time and reaches for another bowl when he see's how much Ness has made, the second disappearing before most of the group have even finished their first before the bowl is thrown back into the corner casually as he stands, hefting his axe over his shoulder once more "Still, Nice Soup James"

"Is there Wolver-rats in the mines still? i've slept, i've eaten, now i want to fight something" Ash asks Tomas as Ria says its time to go into the mine "yeah and check on the miners of course" almost as an afterthought

Actions & Movement

Stat Block

Old May 29th, 2022, 08:53 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Into the Mine
Tomas replies to Gavin, "Aye lad, like the whole world changed right from under us. Lucky we were thet only a tunnel er two collapsed and not the whole derned mine. I got ye a lantern too up at the entrance c'mon I'll show ye in. Ash, if'n ye're interested in fightin somat there be things further down. Ain't me goin that far though."

He leads you in and in the main mine area you find three dwarves working various walls. Tomas brings them some of the soup and they take a quick break one of them speaking in If you know dwarven read on: Pretty sure there's adamantite here boss. We'll get to it soon and put it in the treasure room."dwarvish. Tomas asks, "Is Benvolio at the arrow shooter then?" The reply from the three is an affirmative and he looks back at you all. "Have a talk and see what ye ken do. Then we'll go see ol Ben he's keepin the place safe from the derned spiders."
Old May 30th, 2022, 02:45 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8377
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere

Bran Gelbman
right-aligned image
"Could be anything... could be nothing at all..." Bran thought outloud "Could genuinely be pure excitement at finding something so rare that would have been thought impossible before..." Bran reasoned. "I know a bit of magic now though... I should hopefully be able to tell in they are enchanted or anything..." Bran offered with a slight shrug...

"How are you for food? There can't have been any deliveries since the mountain fell... we will have to make sure that they resume after this aswell as making sure that both the mine and the path to it from the village is safe and secure..." Bran commented as he pulled out a small book and scribbled a few notes.

"How many miners do you have at the moment mister Tomas? Were there any casualties when the mountain fell?" Bran then asked with a look of concern.

When Ash commented on the lamb in the soup Bran rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. "The jerky in the soup might be lamb..." Bran offered slowly. "But the taste of the lamb comes from my memory... it could taste like what ever you want it to really aslong as I've tasted it before..." Bran explained.

Bran then followed along in to the mine slowly plodding along after Tomas, as always Bran's chest bobbed along in the young gnome's wake. The darkness did not seem to bother Bran and infact with his new and improved vision the gnome hardly seemed to notice it.

Once the group reached the dwarves Bran wandered forwards and waved a hand. "Hello there I am Bran from the village... we made you some soup..." Bran declared friendlily as a bowl of soup floated through the air and landed in the young gnomes hands giving off a rich aroma of lamb. "What can you tell us about these mines? I hear the day the mountain fell the mines themselves transformed or atleast revealed some of the secrets that they had been concealing for a long time..." Bran declared as he observed the dwarves.

OoC
Dice Arcana:
1d20+5 (6)+5 Total = 11

Dice Medicine:
1d20+1 (4)+1 Total = 5
(Not really Bran's area of expertise but why not)

Last edited by Alatere; May 30th, 2022 at 02:46 AM.
Old May 30th, 2022, 12:34 PM
Okay-ish Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2269
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Ness
right-aligned image

Ness listens as Tomas describes his woes with the miners. When the bald grayish gnome mentions the dwarves stay down in the mine more or less permanently, one of Ness's eyebrows shoots up. His eyebrow remains elevated, and a faint frown slowly forms on his face as Tomas completes his tale and begs off to go bring food to the miners.

"How many dwarves did you say were down there?" Ness finds a serviceable mining cart and estimates its capacity.

"And you say they stay down there all the time?" Ness tosses an extra shovel into the minecart for good measure.

"And you keep on bringing food down to them?" Ness starts pushing the cart toward the entrance of the mine.

"Well then, I'd say we're quite fortunate that I just happened along. And I'll hear no more nonsense about just going in an abandoned tunnel and forgetting about it, either." Ness adds with surprising sterness. "You eat food from the village fields, and you'll be giving back to those same fields. End of discussion."

After having said his piece, Ness seems to cheer up. "Well then, shall we be a-entering the mine?"

Ness follows Tomas and the others into the tunnel. As they approach the lift, he resumes Tomlin's song:

"The platman to the driver will knock four and one
The ropes to the windlass will strain
As one shift comes up, another goes down
And working commences again

With his calico cap and his old flannel shirt
His pants with the strap round the knee
His boots watertight and his candle alight
His crib and his billy of tea"

Hearing Bran talk about flavoring the soup with magic is a revelation to Ness. "Hey, that sounds way easier than actually cooking!" Ness points his finger at the pots of soup. "Ka-zot!" The aroma of the soup subtly changes, gaining a faint scent of mint to complement the artificial lamb flavor. "Hee-hee, that's fun! Ka-pow!" The soup responds to Ness's magic again. Some of the pieces of jerky float to the top and spell the word "yummy". "Although I don't suppose that adds any actual nutrition. . . "

Last edited by PapaHuck; May 30th, 2022 at 12:36 PM.
Old May 30th, 2022, 08:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Autumn Luwddoc
right-aligned image

Autumn takes her bowl and after a few bites, she found it wasn't too bad. She then finishes it, cleans her bowl. She turns to Ness. "Thanks Ness, that wasn't bad." She smiled at him.

She stays quiet but listens carefully. She still thought it was strange that the dwarves didn't want to come out. She wonders if something is going on that they can't detect.

She follows the group into the mines and as Ness hands out the soup to the dwarves, she begins to feel warm, almost faint, but she shakes her head and she begins to clear herself. She takes a bit of her water as she looks around, then it hits her. She never been underground before and she found that she did not like it, not one bit. Elves prefer outdoors and open spaces, since she is half-elven, perhaps that's why she doesn't like it down here. Well, she just have to the best she can. She doesn't want the others to think she was a weakly.

Autuamn's stats

Last edited by WildJessi; May 30th, 2022 at 08:21 PM.