RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 7th, 2022, 06:06 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
*waves* Hey Runetide, good to see you~

Also question @ the GM: Is multi-classing going to be allowed? It's kind of and kind of not a thing in FF, so since this MMO is themed after it, I thought I'd ask.
Hi Briar!

@GM, are you allowing archetypes? Or whatsit called for this mod?
Old May 7th, 2022, 06:58 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5370
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
Oops, yeah, I probably should've asked about that too before building a concept around an archetype >.>;
Old May 7th, 2022, 09:11 AM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19883
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Posting interest! The relaxed posting rate really appeals to me, as I've got a 9-month-old baby that has kept me away from the site for a while. I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to get back into the swing of things.

I'll format this properly once I've fleshed out the concept a bit, but the in-game character will likely be a Miqo'te Red Mage.

-

Name Crims0n
Race Miqo'te
Job Red Mage
Age ~6 months
Pronouns She/Her
Origin NA Server
Height 5'2"
Weight 95lb
Hair Color White
Eye Color Crimson
Name Danush Sivaloganathan
Ethnicity Indian Canadian
Occupation Risk Assessment Consultant
Age 32
Pronouns He/Him
Origin Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Height 6'3"
Weight 220lb
Hair Color Black
Eye Color Dark Brown
A Tale of Two PersonalitiesOut of game, Danush is exactly the type of person you would expect to become a Risk Management Consultant. He is a creature of habit and caution, prone to taking safe choices that will ensure stability over the long term and avoiding situations that may end in ruin (or heartbreak). He is the walking, talking avatar of a cost-benefit analysis made flesh.

Economically, this has served him well: he's got a good, stable job in a healthy market with a clear path of progression through middle management; he owns property (small as it may be), and secured a low-interest rate that keeps mortgage payments below his self-imposed threshold for material comfort; he's in relatively good health and has managed to avoid any serious injuries with long-term impacts to his quality of life.

These are choices and a lifestyle that promote a long and mediocre life, which, in his mind, is far better than a short and interesting one. Time is the most precious resource we have, is it not? Why not maximize that return?

Enter Nellegana.

Crims0n is everything that Danush is not. She is a way for the man of low risk to take chances that could end catastrophically while simultaneously having zero real-world stakes. It's a lot easier to try and fight a giant lizard when losing just means a respawn and some lost gil.

-- COMBAT STYLE ------

In battle, Crims0n is an arcane dervish, using her incredible speed to weave through her foes until she finds an opening she can exploit with her estoc or her magical power -- often both. Leaning into the theme of "freedom," Danush spec'd her into a high-mobility, off-tank DPS, pulling aggro with the intention of avoiding or deflecting blows that would otherwise be directed at her party before countering with a devastating riposte.
IRL Can Be A Real Drag

Last edited by DAquilina; Jun 2nd, 2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old May 7th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brian Shaw (2).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	95708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Raitoningu Mūn.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	95709  

Last edited by Rylus; May 10th, 2022 at 11:07 AM.
Old May 7th, 2022, 03:45 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2552
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Hi Briar!

@GM, are you allowing archetypes? Or whatsit called for this mod?
Sure! Just not their "Pop culture" ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
*waves* Hey Runetide, good to see you~

Also question @ the GM: Is multi-classing going to be allowed? It's kind of and kind of not a thing in FF, so since this MMO is themed after it, I thought I'd ask.
As a DM, I actually find multiclassing hard to track. I'd say to fit the setting, I would have to say no.

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members

Last edited by Krow Nest; May 7th, 2022 at 03:46 PM.
Old May 7th, 2022, 05:47 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by briar; May 16th, 2022 at 11:09 PM.
Old May 7th, 2022, 08:21 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Goddang, Briar! That's a beautiful app. Can I StealBorrow that for my app?
Old May 7th, 2022, 08:22 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks~ And of course! ^_^
Old May 7th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Yea, got to say that is an amazing format....i think i may steal it as well and reformat Brian.
Old May 7th, 2022, 10:08 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Coding up templates like this is a simple pleasure of mine ^^; By all means, feel free to use it~
Old May 8th, 2022, 12:42 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
@Briar: I still use some of the post formatting stuff I learned from gaming with you!

Ethnicity: French/Japanese
Pronouns: He/Him
Origin: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Light Green
Skin Tone: Pale

Personality: Luke Dubois in person is a quiet and somber young man. A lot of the high intensity energy he had before the accident is now gone, as the real world only serves to remind him of his limitations. However, in the game world, his older personality starts to shine. Even so, now he's a somewhat patient player, taking carefully chosen routes and game events, but occasionally he will take a gamble on things he believes in strongly.
Hobbies/Interests: Luke used to be into bicycling and basketball before the accident. He also developed an interest in french history and cuisine after one of the few times he got to spend time at his father's work. Since the accident, however, Luke now spends most of his time playing video games in his room and avoiding his parents as much as they seemed to be avoiding him.
Goals: Luke Dubois is a son of a French diplomat and a Japanese Ambassador. He was usually left to his own devices, but that ended up badly for him. He was struck by a car and spent weeks in the hospital where he was wheelchair-bound. During that time Luke got into the kind of full-immersion roleplaying video games. Now, his goals revolve around drowning out the sorrow of his disability and the loneliness of spending most of his life by himself since his parents are both extremely busy. He doesn't have many real life-goals at this point, not yet. Perhaps if he could make a living playing in these games, where he can actually walk again, he would do that in a heartbeat.
Luke Dubois Sigil Starlight
Offline IdentityOnline Avatar
Race: Miqo'te (Sharlayan Scholar)
Class: Time Mage (Gun Mage)
Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Red
Skin Tone: Pale

Dramatis Personae: Sigil Starlight is his Avatar's name. He roleplays the character first and foremost, but will, if pushed, recognize/act as his IRL name if there's no other choice. However, he feels that Sigil is a much more interesting person to be and he uses that. He's chosen an odd build for his persona, too. A time mage with firearm proficiency, making him something of a Clockwork Cannoneer. When roleplayed, Sigil Starlight is the confident, capable, and skilled type of adventurer who spends hours of time in the game just grinding out 'the basics' to get a high degree of understanding and mastery of his class's abilities. In towns, he tends to focus on his objectives, but is a sucker for helping out others, especially those who are disabled or injured.
Description: Sigil is a fit, slender Miqo'te with soft skin and silvery fur and long downy-furred ears, even for his race. He prefers to wear whites with red accents, as well as sturdy gloves and boots that match even if the rest of the outfit doesn't. He's also got a satchel he wears on his left hip which is his inventory access. Sigil Starlight's in-game voice is smooth and has a hint of a French accent to it, an intentional touch.
CS/Combat Style: Sigil Starlight's primary method of battle is his rifle, which he will use in regular battle as a ranged striker. He can also provide buffs and debuffs if there's time in advance, but most of the time he saves his MP for loading a powerful spell into his gun and blasting a boss mob down in a high DPS burst.
I think Luke's reasons for playing the game is pretty obvious if you read the app, but in case it's not perfectly clear:
He's playing to escape from his otherwise quiet, lonely life where he can't even do the things he used to anymore.

ALSO, @Rylus: Hey there fellow wheelchair person. I think we're both drawing from a similar inspiration, which is kind of the equivalent of showing up to a party in the same outfit. If that's a problem, I can rework my backstory.

Last edited by Runetide; May 8th, 2022 at 08:39 PM.
Old May 8th, 2022, 01:17 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Ok you two have no idea how much i love this application format.

Old May 8th, 2022, 01:47 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Ok you two have no idea how much i love this application format.
Briar is an amazing forum wizard.
Old May 8th, 2022, 01:52 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I adore it so much. Your characters are good too, added to the list!

Old May 8th, 2022, 02:48 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
OoooOOoo, I like this. Cipher mage doin' some cryptomancy! :P Glad I was able to help both now and in the past @Rune! ^_^

Also @Rylus, just a small design suggestion, but I think your pics might fit the screen a bit better if you clipped them down to about 600-700px in height and about 300-400px wide each. Tall and thin works the best for this particular template.

Last edited by briar; May 8th, 2022 at 03:05 AM.