RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 12th, 2022, 04:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5201
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
How would the Rogue’s dual-identity work, would they be able to use their Social Identity to pretend they were some kind of NPC or Merchant for example?
Old May 12th, 2022, 05:21 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2552
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
How would the Rogue’s dual-identity work, would they be able to use their Social Identity to pretend they were some kind of NPC or Merchant for example?
Yeah, it would hide your status as a player and give you an NPC Icon. Essentially, another set of Glamour Armor with effects on players AND NPCs

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members
Old May 13th, 2022, 08:43 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8634
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Sorry for the delay man; I was on vacation and only just got back. I'll have my application up this weekend.
Old May 13th, 2022, 04:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5201
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I think I will try applying with a Chemist for the Online Avatar.
I am cribbing the format (looks cool) from the one others are using, it may take me a little while to change it to my details.

Ethnicity: British/English
Pronouns: He/Him
Origin: Bradford, England
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 180 lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown, Greying
Eye Color: Hazel/Green
Skin Tone: Light

Personality: Great with machines, less great with people! He's an itinerant tinkerer, and a social hand grenade. His only saving grace is that he's all too aware of this, and knows when to shut up! As a former military man, he knows how to work as a team. Since giving up alcohol, he's become somewhat obsessive about coffee! Insists that the "V" sign stands for Victory, not Peace.
Hobbies/Interests: Spends a lot of time at Sid's Cyber Cafe, drinking coffee, eating bacon sandwiches, and playing games.
Goals: Since leaving the military, he has searched for something of meaning to do, in particular, finding a job!
John Black Pyrite Elixer
Offline IdentityOnline Avatar
Race: Human
Class: Chemist
Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair Color: Nut Brown
Eye Color: Green
Skin Tone: Pale

Dramatis Personae: Likes to build things for people in-game, plays up to the "Engineer/Mad-scientist stereotypes a little bit, but not obsessively.
Description: John has chosen a pseudo-Victorian Steampunk look for Pyrite, mixing relaxed Gentleman's-wear with as many retro-modern gadgets as he could find in-game.
CS/Combat Style: Ranged damage with his bombs, as well as cover healing, buffs and utility with his Mix's and other abilities.

Last edited by triedtherest; May 15th, 2022 at 05:13 AM.
Old May 14th, 2022, 03:00 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Ethnicity: Mixed (Latino/White)
Pronouns:He/Him
Origin:New Hampshire, U.S.
Height:5'3'' (160 cm)
Weight:115 lbs (52 kg)
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Light Brown
Skin Tone: Beige

Background: Gabriel is a student attending college in pursuit of a film degree. Since childhood, Gabriel always had a passion for telling stories, making movies with an old camera his dad gave him. He always found dealing with people a bit intimidating, but his social anxiety disappeared when he was behind a lens, and it gave him a way to connect with others in his own way. Now in his third year, he’s finally beginning to come into himself as he plans to make a career out of his childhood passion.
Personality: Brimming with nervous energy, Gabriel's social anxiety is one of the first things many notice about him. Behind his awkward exterior however lies a creative spirit brimming with passion, and Gabriel almost seems to forget his anxiety when he's engaged in a hobby he loves. As a result of this duality, it's very rare to hear him speaking at a normal volume, typically fluctuating between subdued and muted tones and excited, over the top, rapid speech. Those who Gabriel is comfortable around eventually see the person in between these two sides: an empathetic and surprisingly witty young man who enjoys helping others, talking about media, and taking on challenges.
Reason for Playing: Gabriel has always been a gamer, especially enjoying RPGs. While MMORPGs don't typically compare to single player experiences in terms of the rich storylines, they served as a convenient outlet for the boy; a way to socialize through a hobby without the awkwardness of IRL encounters. As a result of the medium, Gabriel has a much easier time talking with his fellow gamers than he normally would, and he's much more confident and sociable as Diolito than he ever would be as Gabriel.
Gabriel ColeDiolito (Dio, D)
Offline IdentityOnline Avatar
Race: Lalafell
Class: Black Mage
Pronouns:He/Him
Height:2'11'' (89 cm)
Weight:38 lbs (17 kg)
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Skin Tone: Fair

Dramatis Personae: Diolito is everything Gabriel doesn't present as in his daily life; outgoing, confident, and ready for anything. He embodies the intellect befitting a mage... but in typical black mage fashion, his mental well-roundedness does little to detract from his bombast. With a personality big enough to forget his small stature, it's hard to imagine a challenge Dio wouldn't take on without hesitation. Outside of combat, Dio is very much a team player, always thinking about which of his allies would best shine in any situation.
Description: At 2' 10", most others tower over Diolito. Still, the black mage is difficult to miss regardless, sporting fine black robes lined with filigree that make his class unmistakable. He has green eyes, and beneath his trademark mages hat is short, fiery red hair.
CS/Combat Style: High damage, AoE and oppressive arcane field control, with the occasional debuff thrown in for flavor.

Last edited by Touketsu; Jun 1st, 2022 at 09:22 AM.
Old May 14th, 2022, 03:01 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Unfinished, but I wanted to get my app up on the board at least. I'll finish filling it in tonight and tomorrow.
Old May 15th, 2022, 11:07 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
I'm liking these applications so far!

Old May 16th, 2022, 02:38 PM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19883
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Okay, I think my app is done. I might come back to flesh out the "personality" thing a bit more for the avatar, but it's definitely in a healthy spot at this time.
Old May 16th, 2022, 11:08 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5370
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
I think I'm actually going to pull out of the running at this time. Some new things have cropped up for me IRL and I already have a new game that I'll be running in the near future, so I don't think I should add anything to that plate.

Thanks for the chance to apply, I hope the game goes well!
Old May 17th, 2022, 02:52 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
I think I'm actually going to pull out of the running at this time. Some new things have cropped up for me IRL and I already have a new game that I'll be running in the near future, so I don't think I should add anything to that plate.

Sorry to see you go! I'll keep an eye out for your game!
Old May 17th, 2022, 10:17 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post

Bummer briar; I was hoping to see more of your character. I'll definitely look out for your next game though!
Old May 20th, 2022, 03:10 PM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19883
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Did anyone else see that Wikidot was taken down by Russion hackers?
Old May 20th, 2022, 06:13 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAquilina View Post
I saw a tiktok claiming to BE from wikidot yesterday, but I didn't pay much attention to it.
Old May 20th, 2022, 06:35 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAquilina View Post
Yes, this has happened, but the mods have said it should be back up Monday

Last edited by Krow Nest; May 20th, 2022 at 06:35 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2022, 12:57 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Plotting... Plotting... Planning... Planning... Coming up with interesting stuff...

Oh yeah, I updated the original post btw, condensed the "What I Am Looking For" section. Don't let the wikidot being down prevent you from coming up with ideas!

Last edited by Krow Nest; May 22nd, 2022 at 12:59 AM.