RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 24th, 2022, 10:43 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2552
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
The wiki dot is back up, people...!

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members
Old May 28th, 2022, 05:17 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
I've added some more world information!

I'm also kinda bumping since theres been no new applications since the 14th. Unsure if thats just lack of interest or if the wikidot going down for a few days caused an issue.

Old May 28th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I'm excited, at the least. Hope my character's effective cause I know I'm kinda splitting my build a bit with the archetype.
Old May 29th, 2022, 11:02 AM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19883
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
I don't think the build I laid out is strictly optimal, as I made some choices based on the human player's reasons for playing the game, but I think it should be fun either way!

Assuming I get in, of course
Old May 30th, 2022, 11:22 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Well thank you for still being interested, you two. I was just kind of hoping for more people.

Old Jun 1st, 2022, 09:23 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8634
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Small comfort Krow, but for what it's worth, I finally finished rounding off Gabriel's app.

Hopefully we get some other interested parties before you close applications, because this game looks like it'll be awesome.
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 11:13 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20424
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
FORMAT SUPPLIED BY THE AMAZING BRIAR!
Ethnicity: Indian-American
Pronouns: She/Her 
Origin: L.A. California
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 120lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Skin Tone: Brown

Personality: Shy and introverted. Priya has a hard time in situations outside her family and sometimes even within her family. She can hardly speak to strangers unless they are on the other side of a phone line. In person she will clam up and sit quietly hoping no one says anything to her.
Hobbies/Interests: Online gaming, Bollywood, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Isekai stories, Lesbian Romance
Goals: Priya would like to own a house someday but have you seen the prices!?! Okay, beyond that Priya would very much like to get out and meet people. She'd like to be part of the dating scene. But, she's really too shy when it comes to meeting up in person. She figures that this game will be more like when she's on the phone for her job or on the other side of the screen where she doesn't actually have to interact personally with others.
Priya RaiKaala Kharagosh
Offline IdentityOnline Avatar
Race: Viera
Class: White Mage
Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 6' + 1' Ears
Weight: 175
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Tone: Black

Dramatis Personae: Kaala is friendly and outgoing. She wants to help everyone as best she can and to be friends with everyone too. She's happy, bouncy, and super personable. Basically the mirror opposite of the woman controlling her because Kaala can easily interact with a group and happily make conversation.
Description: Kaala is a tall dark haired Viera with dark colored ears and dark skin. She's hard to miss in a crowd, mostly because the big black ears are sticking out at the top of that crowd.
CS/Combat Style: Kaala is the party healer and buffer. She's there to make sure everyone stays up and alive. As long as the tanks do their job and keep the aggro off her she'll keep them and the DPS'ers up and alive.

Last edited by Ysolde; Jun 2nd, 2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 11:47 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, Ysolde! Nice to see ya!

Btw, you all can use Combat style to also explain your combat flavoring!

Old Jun 6th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
is there a starting date yet (As in a date players will be chosen)?
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 01:05 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylus View Post
is there a starting date yet (As in a date players will be chosen)?
Not as of yet, I'm honestly just seeing if there is any interest still, as it seems no one else is sending characters

Old Jun 6th, 2022, 04:40 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I think we have enough variety of applicants to have a full dungeon raid party, so at least there's that?
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 01:42 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8634
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Not as of yet, I'm honestly just seeing if there is any interest still, as it seems no one else is sending characters
I've found that putting a set date tends to create a sense of urgency. It might be too late at this point, but if people see a specific start time they might be more interested since they'll know what kind of window of opportunity they still have to apply.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 02:03 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Then there, feel pressured! There is a due date

Old Jun 13th, 2022, 02:01 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Reminder, a week is left...!

Old Jun 14th, 2022, 03:41 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23061
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I wasn't looking for a new game since I dropped several games around two months ago due to RL issues. But this character idea popped into my head reading your advert and I've really wanted to get into a game like this.
So what the hell, here goes

Ethnicity: Caucasian
Occupation: last year of collageCollage Student (Computer Science)
Pronouns: She
Origin: Wisconsin (farm land)
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: big boned, takes after her dad122 lbs
Hair Color: Brown (pony-tail)
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Tone: Tanned

Personality: Olivia is smart enough to be a geek but is more of a nerd even though she doesn't need glasses. Being big-boned from her father's side of the family did not allow Olivia to inherit the looks to go with her pretty name. In fact, Olivia is downright homely looking, and worse, she knows it. Introverted and shy, Olivia is not good with people and plays games to hide from the world. In fact, games have become a bit of a lifeline for Olivia. In games, where no one can see her, Olivia can be free to make herself beautiful and sexy and talk freely to her online friends. Well, when she gets the nerve to speak up. Still, Olivia loves puzzles and enjoys figuring things out, and is always willing to die trying out a new angle on defeating a dungeon boss.
Hobbies/Interests: Computer, Computer Games, Boys(even if she can never talk to one that she likes), Books(romance novels mainly), Online Fashion(Olivia has spent hours outfitting Silent Veil in the past), Robotics(never misses a show of BattleBots), Hawaii(want's to go there), Programing Code, Making Games(though that has stopped since she started playing Anima)
Goals: Olivia wants to work for a gaming company like Bethesda and Blizzard or the movie industry. Anything that deals with digital graphics and can be done from home and away from .....people.
Olivia Heart means "sin" in SlovenianGreh (aka Grey)
Offline Identity Online Avatar
Race: Viera (Outcast)
Class: Fallen Monk
Pronouns: She
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 139 lbs.
Hair Color: Grayish-White
Eye Color: Purple
Skin Tone: Pale

Dramatis Personae: Olivia's character in Anima was a busty Viera Time Mage called Silent Veil which she had played for over three years as part of the Rainmakers guild. It is 'was' because during a raid, the party Olivia and her online boyfriend Riiko had joined turned out to be a group from Shick. Olivia had always hated the masks people wore to hide their faces and found out she was about to be PKed by the masked band on Riiko's behalf because he was tired of her hurt. To Olivia's sensitive and introverted mind, it was a major betrayal of her trust. Olivia wasn't paying too much attention to what Riiko was saying. But when he asked her to strip and give them all her stuff, Olivia snapped and attacked. But she was a support Time Mage, not a tanked fighter like Riiko, so she only managed to take off 10% of his life be the others reacted. It was quick and brutal, and as the death sequence appeared on her screen, all Olivia could do was scream and cry. Silent Veil enjoyed the Anima game, and running challenging raids with her guild was one of her favorite pastimes. While too shy, even in-game, to step up and become a raid leader, Veil enjoyed the challenge the ever-changing dungeons presented. Olivia was never good at making friends in real life, and the PK betrail by Riiko hit Olivia hard. It's perhaps a sign of something wrong with her mentally that Olivia deleted her three-year-old character in a fit of rage and broke down crying afterward. For a week, Olivia refused to get on Anima. But without that game, her life turned dreary and repetitive, and eventually, Olivia logged back online. Seeing the empty space where Silent Veil once resided on her character select screen, Olivia felt a terrible hole inside herself. Still, she was relieved not to have to face Riiko. It was a new beginning, but Olivia still felt that spark of anger at what had happened and decided to make a toon that could punch something and just maybe get her revenge. And this time, she would not try to make friends, only raid companions. Going through the character creation process, Olivia was surprised not to see a busty Viera but a petite, scared Viera who was missing an eye that looked a bit like a goth. Feeling this was a sign, Olivia chose the Fallen Monk archetype that everyone knew was not meta due to the loss of a Ki Pool and the limitation of Blitz abilities. Olivia was going to train her new goth undead monk to be the best at dishing out pain. No flashy moves, no spectacular Blitz abilities, just raw, unbridled fury. You see, Olivia planned on committing the one sin Olivia had swore never to commit in Anima. To kill another player. And Olivia would not settle for killing Riiko once, but again and again until her anger was sated. Sin has come to Anima, and if any of those PKers from Shick showed up to protect him, then her sins would grow.
Description: Greh, which is Slovenian for sin, is a petite Viera Outcast with greyish-white hair, light-grey tattoos, and a scar running across her damaged left eye with a goth fetish. Olivia still wanted to look pretty and perhaps a bit sluty while also looking badass. So she chose a bondage-ish look with revealing gry clothes that accented her character nicely. The whole assemblage made Greh look goth as hell, but Olivia was in a dark place, so it fit her mood well.
CS/Combat Style: Brutal unbridaled fury! [Boxing style (+1/2 STR bonus), than Boar style (Rend), and then Monkey style (mobility+options)]

I'll fit the pic's in once I get home. ~ Done!

Sorry for the avatar pic being so big but it got a bit blurry when I shrunk it down further than that. I'll probably add more/edit what I have; so Greh is not quite done as of yet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GrehRL.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	96140   Click image for larger version

Name:	GrehGameSmall.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	96141  

If you want something done right... hire someone better :p

Sunday - Wensday: NORMAL / Thusday - Saturday: Don't expect anything.

Last edited by Silk; Jun 14th, 2022 at 11:06 PM.