RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 17th, 2022, 07:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2541
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Name: Aurora
Stats: Con & Wis - good, Dex & Str - average, Int & Cha - bad. Includes racial mods11/12/17/8/17/8 *
Race: With permission, I'd like to swap the spell-like ability for a +2 to str (#9) (and maybe one of the more cosmetic options (19, 33, etc.)) per the variant abilities table.Aasimar *
Class: Forester archetypeHunter
Alignment: NG
Traits: Light Sleeper, Adopted (Warrior of Old), drawbackParanoid
Reason for Arrival: Reformed Mercenary
Description:
Personality:
Background:
Trivia:

Will continue to work on Aurora over the next several days.

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; May 17th, 2022 at 09:38 PM.
Old May 17th, 2022, 09:10 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3734
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristal08Darkmoon View Post
With permission, I'd like to swap the spell-like ability for a +2 to str (#9) (and maybe one of the more cosmetic options (19, 33, etc.)) per the variant abilities table.
I'm fine with those changes. The cosmetic options you can go nuts with... or alternatively I can roll d100 if you're feeling lucky
Old May 17th, 2022, 09:25 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8634
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Hey Lentil, when you put Cristal's app into the table, you accidentally left in all the info for Exhibit's dwarf.
Old May 17th, 2022, 09:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Yeah, I'm not feeling that lucky. You do know that I was talking about the more cosmetic abilities, not the physical features, right? Just checking before I continue too much.

Side note, I just realized how much fun could be had if I changed a couple of my stats around a bit. The base for both was 4, so it was nice and straight forward. Still trading the spell-like ability for a +2 to a stat, but not Str.
Old May 17th, 2022, 10:22 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8552
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Let's see, what does the party need now? Divine magic it seems.

Last edited by Maghnuis; May 17th, 2022 at 10:24 PM.
Old May 17th, 2022, 11:11 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
@ Touketsu - Fixed!

@ Cristal08Darkmoon- I'll have to give another read of those rules when I get the chance. Sorry, on the move atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis View Post
See, I can't find a PC version of Fey'ri that isn't busted, like 15rp or something. Julianople is a very diverse setting with loads of races all in a big melting pot so they wouldn't be out of the question, so if you can pitch me a 10rp version then I'd be willing. No evil though, and Im not saying you would but I've had players try to hide their evil character by saying they're neutral and that won't fly with me.
Old May 17th, 2022, 11:42 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7886
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis View Post
Looks like a source of spot healing is needed, looking at this properly.
Old May 18th, 2022, 12:07 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 298
Optional Reality Optional Reality Optional Reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
Looks like a source of spot healing is needed, looking at this properly.
If we're counting healing, Signe's on the list of competent healers, especially if she lives to see level 4. On the other hand(s), she's still not a divine caster, not guaranteed to make the roster, and there are two parties planned anyway... so, yeah, divine magic seems light in the current application list.
Old May 18th, 2022, 01:25 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Remember guys that anyone with a complete or mostly complete character can and should use the open role-playing thread. It'll help me see who jive well together and who would fit well in a party!
Old May 18th, 2022, 02:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5915
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Were we using the background skills rules?

Just looking for a couple skill points to round out a non-adventuring background.
Old May 18th, 2022, 03:30 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Ooooh, I wasn't going to just because Profession and Appraise are pretty important in this game, but I am willing to change my mind based on player consensus.
Old May 18th, 2022, 04:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5201
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
Ooooh, I wasn't going to just because Profession and Appraise are pretty important in this game, but I am willing to change my mind based on player consensus.
You could always exclude Appraise and Profession from the list of skills normally available as Background Skills.
Old May 18th, 2022, 04:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
No worries if I can't. It would have been like rolling a 100 and getting what I really wanted (the extra All are on the list at some point.stat boost) and something relatively small that could have the potential for a bit of fun RP (like the one about small metal objects becoming clean & shiny just by passing through her hands (#33) or never physically aging after a certain point but still dealing with the actual effects (#19)). There are others that are similar to the ones I mentioned.

As for the background skills, I can go either way. Especially if you exclude appraise and profession.

@Vaerdis & Optional Reality: Aurora can, and will, be a fairly competent healer as well. Hunters can draw spells from both the ranger and druid lists. Last I checked, druids were able to be darn good healers if they chose to. But, yes, divine magic seems to be lacking as a whole.
Old May 18th, 2022, 09:15 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3299
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
@Lentil Sponge - have changed character name and completed a first draft. I will do some updates as ideas come to me but Finrod is complete and I would welcome review/comment. I have still to have a PF character accepted so there may soem questions about the character build as I start the character sheet.

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old May 18th, 2022, 12:11 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
If we are voting, Sorcerer's get truly boned skill point wise so i wouldn't complain at a couple more to help fill some gaps if background skills are an option. i'm good with no Appraise and Profession too.