RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 6th, 2022, 12:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3135
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
left-aligned image

Name: Azure.
Pronouns:: Male
Character Concept: Maki Inari - Kitsune Monk
Or whatever "boring" desk job is available in your worldAccounting clerk by day, masked hero by night.

Akakaze was a legend, a hero for the people. If you found your life in danger, he would come swooping in to save you. If you found yourself prey to wickness of those lurking in the darkness, he was there to protect. Hidden behind a fox mask and iconic red cape, none knew his true identity. He was adored by the public and dispised by the underworld...until one day he vanished. None knew where he went, or why. Rumors crept around of his death, and even his ascension. But only one knew the truth...

Maki did as his father had told him. He had waited 5 years. 5 years of questions, of ignorance. Where had his father gone? Why couldn't he have told him? On the day he left his father had revealed everything, but it still didn't make any sense. "In 5 years, put on the mask and take my place."
It had been 5 years to the day. Maki had trained, he was ready to fight! To protect! But how did one actually start...?
Backup Concept: None...yet
Player Color: Purple
Virtue and Vice: Virtue: Diligent, hard-working, true to his word. Vice:Prone to bottling up and then exploding, which goes for emotions, but also letting off steam. When Inari-san parties, he parties HARD.
RP Sample:

Link to Dungeon Dive game
- Questions, Comments, Concerns?:

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Jun 7th, 2022 at 04:34 AM.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7859
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Thanks for getting back to me and explaining the various regions a little ! You've given me a few ideas to work with (including something to explain the link between Cypress and my back-up character), I'll mull it over for a bit and settle on a final idea soon!

Also, regarding your question about character creation here in the application threads; according to the forum rules it is perfectly fine to create a characters sheet at this point in time. However, the rules ask that people do not roll dice in this thread. The reason for this is that DMs can't see whether dice rolls in prospective players' posts have been deleted or edited, so players could theoretically keep rolling until they have the results they want, and the DMs would be none the wiser.

However, for games where Point Buy or Standard Array is used (such as yours), there's no real reason not to create character sheets during the appication process. Of course, DMs are certainly free to ask their prospective players not to write up a sheet just yet. So if you'd rather we wait, that's perfectly fine !
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 02:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3714
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Any lore in regards to the senate? It sounds like a new government change is there a reason why? I'm up for creating lore if you have nothing planned.

Last edited by delpinator; Jun 6th, 2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 04:09 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4899
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Character Application
Name: Darkstar or TDS for short
Pronouns: He/Him
Character Concept: Krim Short Ear, Zenko Kistsune, touched by the light of Aralisi at an early age is a Cleric of the Life Domain and has been a devout follower since he was just a child. He grew up caring about others and wants them to be the best that they can be and will do whatever that he can, by magical means or not, to ensure they reach their goals. Told by Aralisi that he is meant for something, he has been told to leave his village and head to where the campaign will begin.

Backup Concept: Optional: Wolfker Armas, Human Battlemaster, focusing on being a gunner, is a mercenary for whomever is willing to pay the right price. He learned his craft from a master marksmen that works for a traveling fair found him wounded after a battle that his army had lost. The image of the commander, and her two gnoll guards are forever burned into his mind and plots his revenge for whenever he sees them again.

Player Color: Light Blue
Virtue and Vice: Krim's virtues are his humility and empathy, his vice is raw eggs
RP Sample: The Escape, A funnel game, To Kill A Witch
Questions, Comments, Concerns?: Will add when they come up.

Roll with Luck and have some Fun!
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 04:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2400
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
left-aligned image

Name: voodoozombie
Pronouns: him/he

Character Concept: Aya is a Yako Kitsune who embraces her trickster nature. She channels this through her training as a Rogue: Arcane Trickster. She enjoys the thrill of spying on people and not getting caught and if she can snag a little cash in the process, why not?
Backup Concept: Hyra, a gnoll Ranger: Hunter who is loyal to her ‘pack mates’ and enjoys the thrill of the hunt. She will do almost anything for her pack. She can be aggressive and short tempered at times. She also loves a good bar fight or any fight in general and a good party too.
Player Color: Red. Any shade will do.
Virtue: Friendship is very important. She cherishes her friends a lot, what few she has.
Vice: Trust issues and being secretive. Deep down she’s suspicious of people because of the false belief that cutting off the tails of a Kitsune gives a person magical powers. This makes it difficult for her to make friends.

RP Sample:

Character introduction pg 2-3.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...02#post7555702

The mystery bottle pg6-8

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...85#post7642385

Questions, Comments, Concerns?: This might change. After reading some of the world information, I actually like the gnoll ideal. She would be of the younger generation that doesn't have such a strong dislike against certain races that older gnolls have.

Last edited by voodoozombie; Jun 8th, 2022 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 11:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 541
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeks View Post
Heyyyy, it's good to have new blood here. Thank you for your interest!
Thanks so much for doing all that feedback for everyone so far, its awesome and very kind of you!! Definitely not something I've seen done often enough in the past. Its been fun reading everyone's apps too
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 12:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 298
DiceGoblin DiceGoblin DiceGoblin
Thank you for the feedback! I usually write at least four to five paragraphs for my backstory so I took it as a fun challenge to myself to condense everything down into just a couple sentences.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 04:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3135
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Think I'm done with my application.
Given the opportunity to play a Kitsune, I am going to be throwing lots of Japanese inspiration in to my character. I've been in Japan for 12 years, hopefully I have learnt atning or 2.
I also plan to keep his identity a secret from the other PCs, which I don't expect will be easy. Given the abundance of hero's and such in the world, it'll also be interesting to reason why one would hide their identity. Looking forward to the RP challenge!
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Bane of 1st Lv Wizards

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2754
Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks
Hnnnnngggg...! Too many applicants! I'm definitely bumping the game up to six characters, but I cannot do more than that. And I'll probably add a few of you to a "contact if any chosen players need to drop out" list, too. There's a lot of cool characters and ideas among you all. To address the new posts...

@Azure: Cooooool. I'm glad you and another are considering kitsune. I'm sure there's a guild-based desk job equivalent somewhere, heh. I am also thrilled that you're injecting what Japanese lore you know from experience into Azure. That's definitely stuff I've been doing with this setting and what I've learned from history, folklore and mythology for Greece, Egypt, and Persia. And also why the other provinces are based on places like Kievan Rus and the lands of the Gaels and Celts -- they're places that the Byzantine Empire, Rome, Ancient Greece and others would've known about to varying degrees.

Fun history fact: Byzantium's interactions with Kievan Rus are likely who the Greek and Russian alphabet use the same characters. Specifically, Saints Methodius and Cyril using Greek as a basis to form Slavic written languages for the sake of Orthodox Christian texts. As far as I've learned so far, anyway. Kinda blew my mind to learn that. I have Blue from Overly Sarcastic Productions on YT to thank. ;3

@DemonSlayer: Duly noted about character sheets! And yeah, it makes sense that the restriction only applies to rolling for stats. Alrighty, character sheets can be created if desired, save for HP generation beyond 1st level. Remember the house rule about that. As for the ideas inspiring your own, I'm glad to hear it.

@Delphinator: Good question, and I'll try to provide some answers below.

@TheDarkStar: Another kitsune, and an Aralisi worshiper at that. Awesome! Though her Light domain seems to be more common in other games based on my setting elsewhere, I'm grateful that you went the more "pacifist" route for Krim!

@VoodooZombie: Aren't Arcane Tricksters great? Easily my favorite Rogue archetype, though Knife Master from Pathfinder 1e is also great to me. Digging the lore about kitsune tail superstitions. In addition, I like the idea of a younger gnoll who's trying to avoid the old bad blood.

@97mg: Not a problem, it's an honor. I really do like all of these characters. Which will make having to pick between them harder, but still. ^^;
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 10:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2400
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
I believe my character concept is done.
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 07:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7859
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
I wrote up my character sheets (without rolling dice), and wrote a background for both my character and my back-up character. I'll have to spell-check the background a bit later, but otherwise I'd say the application is finished. If you need anything else, please let me know!
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 04:02 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4899
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Glad that you like it! Krim is definitely going to be a support player and having clerical spells will make him excellent at doing that, I am so glad that you included the Kitsune race!

Roll with Luck and have some Fun!
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Lord of Clams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1402
ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord
That reminds me, I should probably mention that my artificer concept is definitely support-based as I explained her kit is based on messing with the movement of creatures.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Bane of 1st Lv Wizards

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2754
Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks
As of today, we've got about one more week till I send out my invitations. At this point, I shall confirm that biting the bullet for a party of six. At fourteen potential players, this means will also keep anyone who didn't make the cut in the back of my mind, in case anyone needs to Temporarily, for the foreseeable future, permanently, etcdrop out. It also means I could throw more dangerous stuff at y'all in the process, given that 5e's CR is balanced against a party of four. >;3

But truly. I'd have never thought I'd get so many people who'd wanna play a campaign of mine. Thank all of you. It's going to be hard to pick between everyone. I'm ah, kinda glad the new applicants are dwindling down? I've got the opening adventure figured out and mapped out, and this remaining week will be helpful to add the finishing touches. Good luck to everyone, and I'll see some of you again around this time next Friday.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1060
Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren
Fingers crossed! I had a good time creating Luc, but I for sure would love to see him come alive in your exciting world.

Last edited by Sluggren; Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:48 PM.