MutantsAndMasterminds The City of Darkness: Shadowgate Breach - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 14th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5388
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac

Last edited by anamiac; Jun 14th, 2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 09:00 PM
The Queen of Ice

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16371
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
The first draft of a character sheet for Angelika is well under way. It needs refinement and balancing, but it has many of the basics. I left some room power-point wise to cover the things I need to adjust or add. Like, I haven't done anything with defenses yet, or verified that her attack bonus and damage are right. It's mostly to provide an idea of what her build would be like.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 10:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8438
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Avner- Thinking about PPs. Will we need to reserve some to purchase our own equipment? Or will those selected be given an equipment allowance or some such?
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 08:12 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34116
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 08:16 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
Avner- Thinking about PPs. Will we need to reserve some to purchase our own equipment? Or will those selected be given an equipment allowance or some such?
Thats sort of an 'it depends on' type of answer. You will definitely be able to acquire mundane equipment in game so don't feel like you need to account for the basics, but if your building say a military tactition you aren't going to pick up your armored vest and arsenal of weapons on the street.

Generally the way I am looking at it is I am inclined to give you equipment but not at the expense of another character meaning that if certain equipment would give you a large advantage of effectiveness over the other players I would not provide it freely. Want you to have fun and be cool but looking for everyone to have that opportunity as well.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 09:31 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
crowmadillo crowmadillo
Avner do you foresee the Inventor/Artficer advantages being useful in this campaign, or is that amount of downtime unlikely to be available?
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
Thats sort of an 'it depends on' type of answer. You will definitely be able to acquire mundane equipment in game so don't feel like you need to account for the basics, but if your building say a military tactition you aren't going to pick up your armored vest and arsenal of weapons on the street.

Generally the way I am looking at it is I am inclined to give you equipment but not at the expense of another character meaning that if certain equipment would give you a large advantage of effectiveness over the other players I would not provide it freely. Want you to have fun and be cool but looking for everyone to have that opportunity as well.
Good to know, thanks. I was thinking of basic stuff like ranged weapons and such. Light armor I can try to budget for. Otherwise she can just risk it.

Last edited by lydklein; Jun 15th, 2022 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Typos
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9059
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Character Application
right-aligned image

Name or Alias: Killian O'Doul
Character Concept: Fae, Illusions, Immortal, Luck Manipulation,
Power Level: PL 8
Abilities: Killian is one of the Fae of Gaelic origin in nature. As such his powers are mainly related to Illusion and the manipulation of luck. As Fae his lifespan has been quite extensive and no one including himself knows exactly how old he is.
Quote or Comic Byline: Did someone say shenanigans?
Description: With the exception of his green skin, Killian is similar in size to any little person (or the more derogatory midget) in stature. He stands about three feet tall, and is robust in the mid section making him appear more plump than thin. His hair is red, and he wears it long past his shoulders, covering his pointed green ears. His face is framed with a pair of red mutton chops as well. He generally wears clothes in a mixture of greens and browns and wears a black top hat upon his head, with a brown band and a bright gold buckle. Completing his outfit with a wooden shillelagh that is aged beyond mortal comprehension.
Complications:Prejudice (I'm a Green Midget in most folks’ eyes, you figure it out), Weakness (Wrought Iron)
Affiliation: Fae Summer Court
Backstory: Killian is a member is minimal standing of the Summer Court. Much of his existence was spent playing ricks and pranks upon those who he crossed paths with. So often in fact that legends began about him in the mortal realm. He always considered the fey world a bit too dull for his own tastes, and took it upon himself to find ways to enjoy himself and use his abilities. Offering kindness to those he found deserving and unkindness to those he found unscrupulous or wicked. It went on for countless generations his moving between the Fae realm and that of the mortal world.

All throughout his long life though he has done what he could to protect those he took under his care. He is well aware of the darkness that resides in some men's hearts but even worse realms not distant from the mortal one. One more than one occasion leaving the Fae realm behind to do battle with the malicious spirits and creatures of the dark. Such a time has come again with the powers of darkness grow ever more powerful and threaten the destruction of Shadowgate Killian has once more taken it upon himself to do what he can to stop the impeding darkness.

BONUS
Character Connections: I have messaged each player to discuss.
Angelika Being Fae could have at one time or another come across Killian, or vice versa.
Sibyl Killian knows Sibyl from his interactions in the Fae realm, while not overly familiar they do know one another. Sibyl saved Killian from something unfortunate occurrences by telling her one of her predictions.
Levistus Could also be a contact as he is an exiled werewolf who works with the Fae.

Last edited by JaredSyn; Jun 16th, 2022 at 11:57 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 03:16 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmadillo View Post
Avner do you foresee the Inventor/Artficer advantages being useful in this campaign, or is that amount of downtime unlikely to be available?
Its reasonable to think there would be some downtime between major events that you could build something and there might even be a montage type time period to gear up for a big battle so I think we could make it work.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 03:20 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I'm absolutely stoked with all the interest. There is still plenty of time to throw your hat in the ring if you are on the fence. Both veteran and new players are welcome and with what I've seen so far one way or another we are going to have a very talented group in this one.

I will try and get some more feedback up in the next few days and will continue to answer questions in PM on on this thread as quickly as I am able.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 06:04 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
I will try and get some more feedback up in the next few days and will continue to answer questions in PM on on this thread as quickly as I am able.
I have updated my character application with your feedback in mind. I hope that I addressed everything but if you have anything more to add I'll be glad to hear it!
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I am of course open to feedback on my submission.
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 06:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25934
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Connections updated.