MutantsAndMasterminds The City of Darkness: Shadowgate Breach - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 6th, 2022, 08:27 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 09:04 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34116
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 10:41 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18371
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 6th, 2022 at 10:57 AM.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 12:00 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 04:13 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
All right, I've finished my application. Now to build the character! :P
I would appreciate some feedback if there's anything I could do to spice it up. I'm going to now go look through the other apps and see if I have some connections that could be forged!
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 06:03 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I’ll provide everyone with feedback and I may extend the deadline if we need some more time for building stuff out.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 08:34 PM
The Queen of Ice

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16371
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Thank you, Avner. The conceptual part is always the more difficult for me when it comes to M&M. I'm not a comic or Marvel or DC fan, so I'm not as versed in what's possible. And I try to create a unique character for each game I apply to. But I'll get there.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 08:50 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
I’ll provide everyone with feedback and I may extend the deadline if we need some more time for building stuff out.
Excellent, thank you!

I have a very well fleshed out Herolab account, so I can build my character once I get it installed on my new laptop. If any other player needs help with theirs, I can help with that too! I helped a couple other players here out on a different game and I think I do all right with getting builds to honor the needs of the players!

Girlplay, that's totally fine, by the way. M&M is one of the best systems for making your own character do whatever you want! Making new concepts works perfectly well with it. I tend to build not from 'what hero am I emulating' but rather 'what do I want this person to do?' and then figure out how to make the 'powers' in the system fit it! (which is funny cause my current application seems to be a mishmash of a comic character and a video game one, but that was a post-inspiration realization)

Last edited by Runetide; Jun 6th, 2022 at 08:52 PM.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 11:03 PM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4422
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Hey Avner, very cool game idea. I've currently talked myself out of applying, but I am following along to check out all the cool applications.

Last edited by AlphaZ; Jun 6th, 2022 at 11:15 PM.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 11:36 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 03:19 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18642
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Really mighty Aphrodite
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Name: Venus
Concept: A golem built by the Magnus Veritas during the dark ages to stand guard over a vault of confiscated items and relics of magical power that gained sentience by absorbing the magic from those items over the past centuries.
Abilities: Superhuman strength and durability, resistant to magic, can sense magic, and has a number of minor magical abilities from items she's absorbed. Not the brightest, but has a savant-like knowledge of magical artifacts and relics.
Role: The tank
Quote: "You know, magic can be very dangerous if misused. I mean, I was created through an accident of magic, and I'm about to cut you in half!"
Complications:
Despite her sentience Venus is still bound to the Magnus Veritas and can be commanded by any of those with the authority to do so.
As a slightly taller than average humanoid statue of enchanted marble it's hard for Venus to go unnoticed. Even with her armor on she's far from subtle.
Venus's knowledge of the world beyond that of the Magnus Veritas is very lacking.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; Jul 1st, 2022 at 04:14 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 11:06 AM
The Queen of Ice

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16371
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Thank you, Runetide and AlphaZ. I appreciate the advice.

Last edited by girlplay; Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 11:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4934
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Hieronymus, Count of Elbląg
left-aligned image
Name | Hieronymus of Riga, Imperial Count of ElblągHieronymus von Riga, Reichsgraf zu Elbing; a.k.a Herr Jerome
Character Concept | Occultist and knight of a vampiric order devoted to, and practicing, a strange, alien power.
Restrictions |
Power Level | PL8
Abilities |
Quote | "Propter hoc directiva ad purgandum, scire totum finem."
Complications
Responsibility: With their relatively unique and effective set of skills, the Order de Dracul relies on Ordo Pallidus to serve as a mixture of bounty hunters, secret police and emissaries.
Particularly for sensitive matters, dangerous or otherwise, the Ordo Pallidus has a well deserved reputation built on reliable and regular success.
Officium Ordo Dracul
Responsibility: Though adherents to the order and structure lain down by the Order de Dracul, the Pale Order pursues its own goals within the framework permitted by de Dracul.
Among the sundry duties hearkening back to their origins, it is not unusual for them to be called on by the Magnus Veritas for certain matters.
Officium Ordo Pallidus
Quirk: Depending on who is asked, Ordo Pallidus are either mad fanatics with a practiced veneer of sanity, poise and eloquence or are living proof that some powers are best not courted for the dire consequences they bring.
Whichever is the case, Ordo Pallidus have a reputation for eccentricity bordering on psychosis.
Often speaking to things that aren't there or in riddles with some inane profundity none but the speaker comprehends, and other such mannerisms.
"Wan be their light, cold and distant as they are; the Stars yet employ their tools utterly."
Weakness: The robustness of the vampire's physiology is matched by it's unique frailties and the Pale Order is no different, in most regards. The Sun, flames and decapitation remain as effective as ever.
The vampires of the Pale Order have grown beyond the influence of religious iconography however, nor are they slain by a stake to the heart.
Vampire
Addiction: The Banquet of Starlight. A semi-ritualized practice of consuming the blood those they call the Starstruck. Feeding on mystics, the insane, holy persons, scholars of the estoeric, alchemists, etc. all sate a learned hunger in the knights of the Pale Order.
Failing to sate this hunger has unpredictable and fearsome consequences for both mind, body and those around them.
Convivum Siderum

Description
To the average observer Hieronymus cuts a striking but commonplace enough figure. Carrying himself with the stern, straightbacked posture of a military career and grey suits of such uniformity they could be mistaken for a soldier's habitual wearing of a uniform. Timelessness has captured his face and it's details in a classic profile, complete with non-descript yet perennial middle-agedness. Following a doctrine of simplicty he rarely varies his appearance. At present he maintains the affectation of eyeglasses he does not need and a beard maintained for the sake for blending in with contemporary trends. One of the few, obvious, changes in his appearance is the visibility of his armament; opting for subtler fare when not presently and directly 'on the job'. Though it occasionally conflicts with the general aim of passing among the ignorant unnoticed, he retains the unnatural aura and visage possessed by all vampires. Though not one to rely overly on the charms of beauty, he is not above using the preoccupation some find with his appearance to his advantage.
Backstory

Writing Sample

Character ConnectionsPending.

Last edited by Oghain; Jun 30th, 2022 at 02:35 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 11:53 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:59 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 06:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8438
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein

Last edited by lydklein; Jun 9th, 2022 at 01:51 PM.