MutantsAndMasterminds The City of Darkness: Shadowgate Breach - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 10th, 2022, 06:23 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1309
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
@Avner, yes me too open for comments, if you have the time and inclination.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 07:05 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 02:48 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18371
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Hunter Application
right-aligned image

Name: Eric Prince
Comic Byline: U.S. Hunter - Keeping What Goes Bump in the Night in Check
Quote: "Normal Folk couldn't handle what I've seen; what I've experienced, and I'm gonna do my best to make sure they never have to…"
Character Concept: "Removed ColloquialismPsych-Discharged" Former Soldier whose Supernatural Experience activated a dormant hereditary ability to vocally 'Compel' others.
Power: Mind Control - The ability to 'Command' or 'Compel' others with the use of a 'Powered' version of his voice. Otherwise, he's a human Hunter.

Complications
Motivation - Duty: Eric got a peek to threats more dangerous than even the worst of humanity could offer. His mission is to protect innocent lives from such horrors. His connection to the Fae has expanded his sense of Duty to include protecting Fae he has found himself aligned with (and one of), as well as working at their direction, believing they would only call on him to act in the world's best interests.

Complication - PTSD(Addiction): Eric suffers from severe PTSD from his initial Supernatural Encounter, using either a mix of drugs and alcohol or relying on the powers of Fae to both keep his mind in check, and to be able to sleep through the night.

Description: If it wasn't for the 'legitimate' jobs he takes on occasionally, it could be expected to find Eric as yet another homeless Veteran. The years have not been kind, making him appear ten years older than he really is. The clean-cut appearance has fallen away in the years since his service, causing his hair to grow long and his face constantly be in some state of scruff. Dressed in whatever combination of slacks and shirt that seemed the least dirty on any given day, he's most easily identified by the weathered, leather overcoat and combat boots that have become grounding staples of his life. While he's been able to maintain most of his physique due to always wanting to be prepared for a fight, his eyes, and sometimes his breath, betray the chemical dependency he has. Eric tries to be polite, to be respectful, but is prone to outbursts of intensity, especially when confronted with threats or 'demons'.

Affiliation: While most would consider him a "Lone Wolf" detective, his introduction into the supernatural, and the resulting awakening of his own supernatural ability, did not go unnoticed. His first use, purely on accident, sent a ripple through the world that was detected by those fully in that world. They approached him. They revealed to him that he wasn't, in fact, "crazy," but instead had both seen something that normal humans never should have and actually was something more akin to that which he'd encountered. His options were to either work for Them or be 'eliminated' so as to ensure the secrecy of their world. Really, there was only one option, so now he works at their behest.

Character Connections
girlplay's "Angelika" - While not specifically named, she was the 'cat' that was used to keep him calm while he was being 'treated' by the Fae. Following his 'teaching' and agreement to work as a Hunter at the Fae's direction, Angelika has served as both a 'Handler' and become a 'Partner' of sorts for Eric.

lydklein's "Sibyl" - Having encountered one another a few times since Eric's arrival in Shadowgate, the American found the woman to be equal measures Intimidating and Intriguing given her general demeanor and wealth of 'Hunter Knowledge'. Even though he's got a few years on her, Sibyl makes Eric feel like a 'New Recruit' when it comes to hunting, causing him to occasionally reach out for guidance or expertise, and offer any aid he can to her, if only to watch her work and pick up new tricks to better his own skills.

Others: If anyone else would like to make a connection with Eric, either post in this thread publicly or "secretly", or feel free to send me a PM. I'm open to any connections, and will gladly discuss them with you to solidify them. He is technically Fae aligned, specifically the Autumn Court, even though he has no knowledge of the 'Courts' or general Fae politics. He's been purposely kept in the dark about such things since it could change his view of the Autumn Court, potentially removing a powerful 'Tool' they have at their disposal. With this in mind, his most likely connections would be to other Hunters, Autumn Court Fae, and Werewolves friendly with the Autumn Court, but I'm open to really anything if we can make it make sense and it won't affect his view and his place within the supernatural world.

While I have the "Minimum Two" at this time, I'm always open to making more connections between Eric and other characters.

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 28th, 2022 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Updating
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 03:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
ProjectLazarus ProjectLazarus
I wanted to get what I have so far of my application put up, just so that I don't get left behind. If anyone has thoughts I'm open to anything.

I also don't have anything in the way of stats -- I'm through the application first. Although I do have some idea of what I'm intending (I think).

APPLICATION
Name or Alias: Levistus Rorikson

Character Concept: A werewolf who must battle his ferocious nature in order to try to do what he feels is right. Who tries to put to good use what he sees as a curse, by protecting the mundane world.

Quote or Comic Byline: "To live is to be at war with ones own nature."

Complications: Self loathing -- Levistus hates the beast within.
Lack of Control -- sometimes despite his best efforts Levistus can't control the transformation. Particularly strong emotions are generally the trigger.
Revenge -- Levistus will do whatever it takes to avenge the murder of his father and take the mantle of Alpha of the Ulfhethnar
Description/Character Portrait: W.I.P.

Affiliation: Levistus is a werewolf in exile. He tries to work with the Fae as best he can, to fulfill his duty of protecting the mundane world as best he can -- since his former pack is failing to undertake their duties.

Backstory: Levistus is a hereditary werewolf. His father Rorik was leader of an ancient pack known as the Ulfhethnar -- Norse 'wolf warriors' who were sworn to protect humanity -- against the Sceadugengan or 'night walkers'. Rorik lead the Ulfhethnar honourably, fulfilling their duty by hunting demons and rogue vampires. But when Levistus was a teenager, a rival werewolf named Fenrir challenged his father for leadership of the pack as is custom, and defeated the standing leader. It is also customary for a defeated Alpha to be allowed to remain, however Fenrir simply killed Rorik. Levistus had an 'Aunt' among the pack, Hati, who helped him escape from Fenrir who intended to murder him to prevent a future rival.

In the years since his father's death, Levistus has grown in strength, has performed the duties of the Ulfhethnar to protect the mundane world as best he can on his own -- duties Fenrir has neglected in favour of his own personal gratification and accumulation of personal power. He has also come to an association with the Fae, who have given him some assistance and guidance over the years.

Eventually, despite the loathing of his position and his 'curse' (as he sees it), Levistus hopes to defeat Fenrir and return the Ulfhethnar to their rightful place as guardians.

Writing Sample: W.I.P.

BONUS
Character Connections:
So far I have none, and that's ok. I'm still relatively new to the website and brand new to M&M. If anyone would like to reach out, I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited by ProjectLazarus; Jun 10th, 2022 at 03:53 PM.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 05:49 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18371
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
@Avner My application is complete, save for any future 'Character Connections' I add.
If you'd like to give any comments or critiques to correct any issues I may have presented or in any areas where you would like to see improvement or expansion, just let me know. Otherwise, I look forward to reading everyone else's applications and anxiously waiting to see if Eric makes the cut. The game, especially with how expansive you've made the world if your regular comments are any indication, looks to be one I would regret missing out on.

Good Luck, All! Lots of great reading already in this thread. (Yes, I'm usually this excitable )
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 09:03 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
ProjectLazarus, there's a chance your character and mine could have a relation, if your father's pack reveres any spider-totem spirits.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 09:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8438
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
How does time work in the fae realm in relation to the mortal realm?
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 10:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
ProjectLazarus ProjectLazarus
@Runetide I appreciate the attempt, but I'm thinking that the pack probably wouldn't worship totems -- if they have any religious beliefs, I would guess that they'd probably still worship the old Norse gods.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 11:52 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34116
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
How does time work in the fae realm in relation to the mortal realm?

Time is definitely going to pass slower on the mortal plane then the fae realm. I'm okay with you taking a liberty with it because it wouldn't be consistent and probably depends on where in the faewild you are located.

I will start to do some reviews and feedback early next week.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 12:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Oh! I see. I was thinking the opposite. That time goes slower in the fae realm that here. basically, 5 minutes spent there would be more like days/weeks here. But you're saying it is the opposite, correct? Either way, I can make it work. Thanks!

Last edited by lydklein; Jun 11th, 2022 at 01:05 AM.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 01:17 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23347
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
You both are wrong. Time flows at the rate which amuses the Fae the most in that moment. Even if that doesn’t make any sense like backwards, perpendicular, and both slower and faster at the same time.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 01:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Inside out too?
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 08:43 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Isn't time the fire we burn in?
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 09:22 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
You both are wrong. Time flows at the rate which amuses the Fae the most in that moment. Even if that doesn’t make any sense like backwards, perpendicular, and both slower and faster at the same time.

This is definitely a better phrasing of ‘it depends where your located’ as the fey realm doesn’t follow our rules it follows theirs. Each court would be different and within the realm itself could have large variation that make no sense to us. It’s not chaos so much as incomprehensible.

Last edited by Avner; Jun 11th, 2022 at 09:25 AM.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 09:26 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Definitely an amazing group of players and concepts so far. Excited to review everything. There are definitely going to be hard decisions ahead. Great work so far.