MutantsAndMasterminds The City of Darkness: Shadowgate Breach - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 13th, 2022, 06:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25934
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Hey Avner. I think my app is mostly done save the character connections. I'll get that tomorrow. Although, I'm sure you know me well enough to know I'll spell check it more than a dozen times and maybe add things right up until the players are chosen whether I get in or not.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 08:30 PM
The Queen of Ice

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16371
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
That might be helpful. I just don't want to let my party members down by being the obvious "weak link".
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10659
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Character Application
left-aligned image

Name or Alias: Vidalia, the Onion
Character Concept: A woman with the ability to shapeshift into anything she wants, and yet her preferred form is that of an onion.
Abilities: Shapeshifting. Telekinesis.
Quote or Comic Byline: "Vidalia, making men cry since 1931."
Complications: A bit insane (in case you couldn't already tell). Vidalia legit thinks she can communicate with 'other' onions. She is easily distracted if she 'hears' an onion in distress. And yet, she has no qualms in using her "friends" as weapons.

Enemy: Years ago, Vidalia made an enemy of the one person she never thought she'd never be apart from, her sister Bianca. Bianca is the assassin to Vidalia's spy. Together they were perfect a perfect team. But as Vidalia slipped further into her delusions, Bianca became increasingly unwilling to put up with her.
Description/Character Portrait: When Vidalia Isn't rolling along in her guise as an onion, she usually is a thin pale white woman with black hair and green eyes.
right-aligned image

Affiliation: She used to work with her sister, Bianca, but they had a falling out years ago. So yeah, a lone wolf.
Backstory: Vidalia and Bianca were raised together along with four other identical teenage copies in the cloning lab they were "born" in. After the experiments were awoken, they were immediately placed into a school environment. They began by learning English, comprehension, & hand/eye coordination. One of their sisters disappeared within the first few weeks of the basics. The other five graduated to learning a second language, level one sciences, and hand-to-hand combat.

As the training continued, three of the sisters began to exhibit different powers: One was able to blend in to shadows, nearly disappearing into them. Another was at first scared when her hands began heat up, and then exploded into flames. But in time she learned to control the flames she created. The third, and last of the five sisters to exhibit obvious powers, shifted her looks to look like one of the instructors. The other two sisters disappeared, leaving only the three.

From this point on, they continued to learn certain skills and talents together, but began to be separated to be trained individually for in skill sets that matched their specific abilities. For Vidalia, as she would later name herself, she was trained in lock-picking, sleight-of-hand, and stealth. She still continued to train in fighting along with her two remaining sisters, but she noticed that the sister who would later call herself Bianca had been taught more advanced techniques.

One night, an alarm went off in their sleeping quarters, awakening Vidalia and Bianca to the frightening scene of their last sister running toward the exit, fully engulfed in flames. Security was able to put the girl out, but she did not survive. Bianca watched all of this without showing any compassion or sadness at the death of their sister. Vidalia, however, could feel the strange feeling of sadness and regret. Strange, because she had never felt either emotion before. Seeing how Bianca reacted, and fearing that was what was expected of them, Vidalia shifted into an onion, to hide that she was about to start crying. From then on, whenever she felt an emotion that Bianca did not show, she would shift into an onion to hide it.

As time went on, this became her new normal. And instead of deciding that she too was a reject to be discarded, her trainers began to encourage it, as they saw it as a perfect way to infiltrate. Though, they did force her to shift into other small items, and tried to discourage from always defaulting to an onion. She did what she had to, to please them, but couldn't deny to herself that being an onion felt natural, normal.

Years later, the twins began being sent on missions together. Vidalia would slip into the target's home, office, or wherever it was they needed her to spy. She would gather information, steal data, or listen in on conversations, when it was impossible to get a mechanical listening device inside. On those missions, Bianca would act as Vidalia's back-up, in case something went wrong. When the mission was a cleaning job, Vidalia would act as the back-up, as Bianca would use her shadow-meld and shadow-control abilities to slip in and assassinate whoever she was sent to kill.

The differences between the two began to show more though, as Bianca was utterly ruthless. And while her sister never expressed any emotion to their handlers, Vidalia was sure she would see Bianca smiling as she viciously cut her enemies down. The smile wider, the more vicious and cruel the death.

It was all too much for Vidalia, and she began to talk to the onions she would hide among. And to her surprise, they began to talk back to her. Soon, she realized that onions were actually sentient beings, and it was up to her to protect them. Everything came to a head though, when Bianca hid in the shadows, intending to frighten her sister, only to find her talking to a bunch of vegetables as if they were alive.

The handlers were barely able to pull Bianca off of Vidalia, her hands firmly wrapped around the shape-shifters throat. With Bianca off her, Vidalia finally shifted into an onion, and quickly rolled away, followed by a couple dozen other onions that quickly made it impossible to tell which was a legit onion, and which was a shapeshifter. She escaped that day, and has never returned back to the only home she had ever known.

Writing Sample: Vidalia watches from a bushel of lemons as her sister moves from shadow to shadow, following her latest target; a young woman in her early twenties or so. Vidalia's not sure what or why the girl is so important, but if Bianca's following her, then it must be a death sentence. Vidalia pushes herself up to the top of the lemons, before shifting into the form of a sparrow and taking flight. She follows cautiously, not only because she fears being caught again by her sister, but also because she's not very good at flying.

From a signpost she decided to take a rest on, she watches as Bianca pulls her black blade from its sheath, preparing to cut the girl down. Vidalia pushes herself off the sign, spreading her wings larger, shifting into a falcon, before arrowing downward toward her sister.

The muted black blade begins to lash out, and Vidalia is almost on top of her, intending to claw and peck at her sister while hopefully the girl runs for her life. But instead, Vidalia lets out a loud squawk of fear as the young girl she thought she was going to save, turns a horrifying face toward the pair. What had, a moment ago been a young woman walking down the alley without a care in the world, now wore a face split in two with nasty-sharp looking fangs, large glowing red eyes that burned with hatred for the world.

Bianca's sword bit into the creature's arm, as it swiped at her. But it's focus was more on the bird flying before it, and reached out to grab Vidalia. She tried to evade, but she was worse at flying as a falcon than she was as a sparrow. The demon grabbed her easily out of the air, and began to squeeze. Reflexively, Vidalia shifted into a tiny little red onion, hiding in the palm of the creature's hand. Unable to see, she could however feel as a sudden momentum told her she was about to be thrown. Thinking fast, she caused large thorns to grow from her onion-body, into the demon's hand.

It howled in pain, as she continued her assault. Vines spread out from her body, to wrap themselves around the enemy's hand. She then concentrated, pulling on the onion bombs she had hidden at the same fruit stand she had started the night at. It would take them a moment to get there. But in the meantime, the twin sisters worked together again for the first time in forever.

"What are you doing here?" Bianca asked angrily, ducking under another swipe, before driving her dark sword into the side of the creature.

"Trying to stop you from killing another innocent girl!" Vidalia calls back. "And you're welcome, by the way."

"For what? Distracting me from killing this thing easily?"

The shock of the realization distracts Vidalia for a second, and she almost forgets to launch her friends at the demon. Almost. Kitteh cat legs grow from the onion body, shoving herself away from the demon's palm, just as six onion projectiles launch themselves at the demon. "Duck!!" she barely remembers to call out.

The onion bombs explode in the demon's face, knocking it down for the first time. Bianca, who had hidden herself in a shadow, steps out quickly, driving her blade into the demon's head, then slicing the thing down, splitting it in two. With it dead, she turned her attention to where she last saw Vidalia. But while she could feel that her sister was near, she couldn't determine exactly where.

Vidalia, now shifted to look like a brick, watched as her sister finally slid her blade back into its sheath and stalked away.

BONUS
Character Connections: You obviously won't be able to do this until more characters apply, but for bonus points pick out at least two other characters and either describe the relationship your character has with them or give a character POV quote of your hero's impression of them. You are going to be a team afterall so this will help you establish good roleplay.

Last edited by In the Mix; Jun 21st, 2022 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 09:18 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23347
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Not sure how I'm not in line for Reviews, but sign me up!
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 10:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8438
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
@Avner- heads up! I'm still very much working on my app, so some of the info you have on the table will change.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 11:13 PM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4422
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
My application is complete.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 08:35 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34116
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
@Avner- heads up! I'm still very much working on my app, so some of the info you have on the table will change.
No worries that is completely expected I just wanted to start getting something organized so we could all see what was in the works. Just let me know when you update it.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 08:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4934
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Ok. It took me a bit longer than I wanted it to, but I think my application is more or less done (here).

The only things not expclitly done are the 'Abilities' section, which I think I covered generally enough in the backgroudn as far as what I have in mind for skills/powers/etc; and the Character Connections.

Happy to hear from anyone by DM/PM about character connections.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 08:42 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I've taken up your feedback and deleted Adam's background. I have something fresh in mind. Keeping the mechanics.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 09:00 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
Not sure how I'm not in line for Reviews, but sign me up!
You definitely are, I expect to get some done today.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 09:17 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1309
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Hi Avner, I think my app is complete. Will keep that byline but perhaps develop a new one if I get in. I can see you have a mountain of really good applications.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 09:38 AM

Tools
User Statistics
First round of reviews.

Old Jun 14th, 2022, 11:00 AM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10659
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
"Lovers of onion soup beware! Vidalia will make you cry."
Sorry for the mistake.

Last edited by In the Mix; Jun 14th, 2022 at 11:00 AM.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 11:14 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23347
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Jun 14th, 2022 at 11:18 AM.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 03:01 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
First round of reviews.