Other Star Trek Adventures: To Boldly Go - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 12th, 2022, 11:25 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
Strange New Worlds is actually quite good. Just sayin’.
Oh hell no. However if you like it, then I'm glad you found something you like.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 12:21 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18642
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
Strange New Worlds is actually quite good. Just sayin’.
I've personally had it with prequels and would like to see an actual continuation of the TNG/DS9/Voyager timeline that is NOT the atrocity that was Picard. Lower Decks is far more faithful to Star Trek of that era than Picard was, and it's a cartoon joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathala View Post
I'm actually fairly tempted to throw up an app given you seem to be avoiding Kurtzman trek.
"A wise man can find value in anything. Except Kurtzman Trek." - Ferengi rule of acquisition #105.

Also the online character generator can be found here.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 01:57 AM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
daveron daveron daveron daveron

Last edited by daveron; Jun 16th, 2022 at 10:07 AM. Reason: twerked character slightly, fixed a few mistakes, fixed roles per dm feedback.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 08:29 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18371
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Chief of Security/Tactical Officer Application
right-aligned image
NAME: Revan
SPECIES: Vulcan
ENVIRONMENT: Starships (Vulcan and Starfleet)
UPBRINGING: Diplomacy and Politics (Rebelled)
ASSIGNMENT: USS Tomoe Gozen NCC 62643
PREFERRED ROLE: Chief of Security/Tactical Officer
ALTERNATE ROLE: Executive OfficerIf he is ultimately chosen for the XO Role over the preferred, I will adjust his age, rank, and history to reflect such.*

DISCIPLINES
Primary Discipline: Security
Secondary Discipline: Command

FOCUSES
  • Interrogation
  • Shipboard Tactical Systems
  • Hand Phasers
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat
  • Combat Tactics
  • Investigation

VALUES
  • The Galaxy is Greater than any Individual Race, Planet, or Person.
  • To Serve is Vulcan…but not Uniquely Vulcan.
  • Aggression is Only an Option when Logic and Diplomacy have Failed.
  • Failure is Vital to Learning. Learning is Vital to Success.
  • Loss is both Individual and Communal. Sharing in Loss is Not Illogical.

BRIEF HISTORY

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 22nd, 2022 at 06:29 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 09:23 AM
Dark Advisor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2756
BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries
So, quick question about Disciplines... Would a Tactical Officer fit in the same role, mechanically, as a Security Officer? The difference I see being the former handles threats to the ship from the outside (hostile ships and such), and the latter handles threats from individuals on board the ship. A lot of Trek shows cram them both into a single role, but I remember DS9 had Odo as chief of security (Constable, I believe he was called), and Worf was in charge of tactical defense of the station itself from outside threats like the Klingons, Dominion, etc. from season four onwards. How would that work mechanically in this game? I see you've posted Security and Tactical as being filled by one character in the application process, but I suppose I'm curious as to how that works mechanically? All I can think of is how in the real world, you'd probably have a military officer in charge of tactical defense, and you'd have a police detective in charge of security.

Sorry for my babbling. Just trying to sort things out. My brain sometimes works differently than others, being on the autism spectrum. I can tend towards the overly literal, needing a lot of details and such. I do apologize if it's a problem for anyone. I don't mean it to be, but Ben Sisko can tell you all about what good intentions pave the road down towards.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 09:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25934
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleFries View Post
So, quick question about Disciplines... Would a Tactical Officer fit in the same role, mechanically, as a Security Officer? The difference I see being the former handles threats to the ship from the outside (hostile ships and such), and the latter handles threats from individuals on board the ship. A lot of Trek shows cram them both into a single role, but I remember DS9 had Odo as chief of security (Constable, I believe he was called), and Worf was in charge of tactical defense of the station itself from outside threats like the Klingons, Dominion, etc. from season four onwards. How would that work mechanically in this game? I see you've posted Security and Tactical as being filled by one character in the application process, but I suppose I'm curious as to how that works mechanically? All I can think of is how in the real world, you'd probably have a military officer in charge of tactical defense, and you'd have a police detective in charge of security.

Sorry for my babbling. Just trying to sort things out. My brain sometimes works differently than others, being on the autism spectrum. I can tend towards the overly literal, needing a lot of details and such. I do apologize if it's a problem for anyone. I don't mean it to be, but Ben Sisko can tell you all about what good intentions pave the road down towards.
In some shows/Episodes the Security officer and Tactical Officer positions were filled by the same person. Also, if I don't combine them, those players would be playing an NPC a lot of the time.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 09:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
UPDATE: Added "Preferred Role" to the Application list.

I'll also start reviewing and adding applicants to the main Post so you can see a summary of how many have applied, and for what roles and species.

I've also added a Q&A section to the main post.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek

Random Thought/Question: Why is the Akira-Class seemingly the most popular class of ship for Star Trek RPs? (from my lengthy experience in the genre)

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 16th, 2022 at 04:07 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 10:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratek View Post
@BattleFries:

Random Thought/Question: Why is the Akira-Class seemingly the most popular class of ship for Star Trek RPs? (from my lengthy experience in the genre)
Well said on the former. On the ship, I think because it is different than the standard, yet still capable as both an explorer and mainline fighting ship. IMHO.

I'll not down talk 'Strange New..' because I like it so far just for the actors and stories, and different setting. Don't get me started on all the continuity and such due to people just wanting to make $ off the Star Trek name.
I liked Discovery more after it got flung into the future and sort of stood alone in that sense.
It's kind of like Star Wars Rogue One - die hard fans either really like it, or hate it; meaning there's usually no middle ground.

Anyway, I'm excited about this game and don't intend to rush the process.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 10:47 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
I wasn't intending to add in on this particular conversation, but...

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 13th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
There are Not one, but two vulcans with security backgrounds involved in putting charges over on superior officers as senior crew on this ship. Either someone wants to run a really tight ship, or starfleet wants to keep an eye on someone of this crew, or someone wants to send away the vulcans to do some exploration and keep them from digging up more dirt at home... Wounder how they will get along considering thier similarities and vast differences. I really enjoyed making my character and rolled out a lot of his possibilities leaving it to fate. He didn't turn out how I expected but now that he exists I wouldn't want him any other way. I really look forward to being accepted onto this crew. (Or being rejected and playing that out as well, I left it open ended just in case.)

Last edited by daveron; Jun 13th, 2022 at 11:00 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 12:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Some Feedback

Old Jun 13th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
@daveron: It has to be that pesky Vulcan Logic and "Honesty" that sent them both packing for the edge of known space. Clearly keeping them around was causing trouble for all of the humans and their easily manipulated emotions.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 01:11 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by daveron; Jun 16th, 2022 at 10:09 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 01:16 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratek View Post
@daveron: It has to be that pesky Vulcan Logic and "Honesty" that sent them both packing for the edge of known space. Clearly keeping them around was causing trouble for all of the humans and their easily manipulated emotions.
We may disagree fundamentally on how we think the humans should handle their emotions, but at least we can agree that what they are doing now is wrong and uncontrolled. These are the bonds that hold together the federation.

Last edited by daveron; Jun 13th, 2022 at 01:17 PM.