Other Star Trek Adventures: To Boldly Go - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 13th, 2022, 01:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25934
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveron View Post
I am applying for:
Operations Officer (responsible for shipís operations, monitoring ship systems)

Sort of like hary kim from voyager... I think it's the best fit for my characters background and skills, but ultimately it is up to the captain.

as my primary role, I would be directly responsible for the day to day of the ship. (xo is responsible for the crew & main systems) I would be doing all the forms, paperwork, scheduling, routine maintenance plans, and other administrative work the rest of the senior staff did not have time for.

My junior crew would be a small staff of the freshest cadets and top enlisted of the ship. For a ship this size id probably have 1 or 2 assistants to always have a presence on the bridge, a software engineer to maintain the ships systems, a quartermaster to handle supplies, a boatswain to keep crew up on training and disaster and emergency procedures, cross training and damage control procedures and emergency systems maintenance & inspections as well as the transporter chief.

We handle everything that is not power, propulsion, navigation, combat or weapons.

This includes computer maintenance, sensor maintenance, the optical data network, bioneural computer systems, long-range, lateral, and navigational sensors operations, communications systems and universal translator upkeep and operation, transporter, tractor beam, and shuttle bay systems.

then my secondary role, I would be assisting the tactical officer with security. Science and engineering are just hobbies but he has the stubs for hard work. Andorians sleep about 4 hours per 34 hours humans time and tend to work the rest, so expect him to be lending a hand everywhere all over the ship during all his "off" hours as he works quadruple shifts getting to know the entire crew and being very hands on. He likes to get up close and 'sense' things personally.

His animal husbandry background, and his heritage as an Andorian / Vulcan play a huge role in how his thinks of the ships and people under his care.
Thanks for the clarification and added information!
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherDondo View Post
I found a character creator, if that helps

https://sta.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/
I added this link to the main app post earlier today for all to see.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 01:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2663
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Caratacus
right-aligned image
NAME: Caratacus Ceres
SPECIES: Betazoid/Denobulan (Telepath)
ENVIRONMENT: Another Species' World: Betazoid
UPBRINGING: Artistic and Creative: Accepted (Presence +2, Insight +1, Parent Figure)
PREFERRED ROLE: Chief Medical Officer (Backup: Operations Officer)
ASSIGNMENT: USS Tomoe Gozen NCC 62643

PRIMARY DISCIPLINES:
Medicine
Command

FOCUSES: List 4-6 Focuses
- Literature
- Cultural Studies
- Holoprogramming
- Linguistics
- Persuasion
- Psychology

VALUES:
- Serving Starfleet Is a Family Tradition
- Safety in Numbers
- The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few
- Bound to Family, Filial or Found

Brief Background/History: Caratacus's father was transferred during his first tour in Starfleet to Betazoid, and found that it easy enough to find partners who were accepting of polyamory amongst a society of empaths and telepaths, if not the sort of volume of resulting family that he was used to on his homeworld. Caratacus was the eldest child, and joined Starfleet quickly, per tradition. He inherited a love of culture, literature, and language. He's lagging behind a little, only having two girlfriends and one child at 32, but choosing medicine instead of counseling required a bit more juggling, but he's getting better at managing to keep everything in the air.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FatherDondo; Jun 14th, 2022 at 12:51 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 02:08 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
daveron daveron daveron daveron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Thanks for the clarification and added information!
I have also updated my application based on your feedback plus a few minor tweaks I exchanged the point I randomly clicked for no reason in command for a point into security to better reflect by background, and updated my values.

Last edited by daveron; Jun 16th, 2022 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 03:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18642
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
I was considering a Vulcan engineer, something I don't recall ever seeing which is strange. One would think interacting with (usually) emotionless, logical machines would be a draw for them. Then again, from my own recent experience with mechanical things aggressively malfunctioning for no logical reason, perhaps it is best they avoid such things that can provoke extremes of emotion...
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 04:29 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Voyager had a Vulcan engineer that worked with balana Torres. I think Vulcans actually make pretty good engineers but it's kind of hard for them to stand out and Starfleet because humans tell rights and endorians also make really good engineers for their own reasons.

Spirit: that's exactly what I was hoping for thank you I won't change anything on that regarding my character what do you think of the changes I made to my character and the secret background should I incorporate that into the character sheet or drop it off
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 04:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 532
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Dropping a post for interest. I have the books from Humble Bundle (and maybe Bundle of Holding too, doh!). I'll review character creation, skills/attributes and see about putting together a character.

Been catching up on Discovery's latest season, haven't started Strange New Worlds or new season of Picard yet.

UPDATE: withdrawing, no time. Apps look great, have fun everyone

Last edited by DBCowboy; Jun 16th, 2022 at 07:50 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 07:22 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubachi View Post
OK I'm finally out.

If I make it I look forward to really exasperating those very logical tactical, operations and security staff!!!
In time for pride month!
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 08:09 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23347
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
I've personally had it with prequels and would like to see an actual continuation of the TNG/DS9/Voyager timeline that is NOT the atrocity that was Picard. Lower Decks is far more faithful to Star Trek of that era than Picard was, and it's a cartoon joke.

"A wise man can find value in anything. Except Kurtzman Trek." - Ferengi rule of acquisition #105.

Also the online character generator can be found here.
Lol, someone is bitter.

I don't know if I'd call any of them outright terrible, at least no worse then Enterprise's first season - though you are absolutely right that of Disco, Picard, and Lower Decks LD is easily the best of those three.

But SNW? It's practically a love letter to TOS.

Anywho, an app.

Navran Paix
right-aligned image

NAME: Navran Paix
SPECIES: Trill (Joined)
ENVIRONMENT: Homeworld
UPBRINGING: Science and Technology
PREFERRED ROLE: Chief Medical Officer
ASSIGNMENT: USS Tomoe Gozen NCC 62643

PRIMARY DISCIPLINES:
  1. Medicine
  2. Science

FOCUSES:
List 4-6 Focuses
  1. - Surgury
  2. - Emergency Medicine
  3. - Infectious Diseases
  4. - Trauma Surgury
  5. - Security Measures
  6. - Bending Rules

VALUES:
  1. - One Lifetime Isn't Enough
  2. - We Are One
  3. - To Ease Suffering
  4. - Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right

Brief Background/History: The story of a Joined Trill is two stories in one, the Host and the Symbiont. Narvan will tell you that there was no real traumatic event or past horror that got him into medicine, he just always wanted to help people. This crystallized into an interest in medicine when nearby Federation world Ennan 6 had an epidemic and Starfleet asked for volunteers. A lot of Trill went as they were naturally incompatible with the disease anyway. Studying both for Medical School and as an Initiate was a challenge of course but one he expected. His Joining procedure was about a month before he would officially begin actual Medical School, and to everyone's surprise the first thing he did when he regained consciousness after the surgery was transfer to Starfleet Medical.

The Symbiont Paix is jokingly considered 'Lucky' by other Trill. Mostly in that it's nearing it's 300th birthday and it's only on it's 6th host instead of the normal 7th or 8th. Some of that from being fairly cautious in it's early lives, some of that from seeming miraculous escapes from death. Narvan is the 6th host of the Paix symbiont, and only the second male host. There were jokes in medical school that he'd sometimes forget he was male as he got used to the symbiosis, which he took in stride. Because, let's be honest, he thought it was genuinely kind of funny.

Yirull, Jaulu, Uzra, Husa, and Ruebae. A Career Diplomat, an Athlete, a Politician, an Architect, and a Thief respectively. Yirull, Jaulu, and Husa were also Wives and Mothers and Grandmothers, Uzra a Groom and a Father. Ruebae also had her fair share of lovers and considered having children but decided against it. Ruebae obviously the most controversial of Navran's past lives as at one point she was considered a strong contender for the best Thief in the Galaxy, it's commonly believed that Ruebae only managed to keep from getting the Paix symbiont exiled thanks to her crimes never reaching Murder and usually having a Robin Hood angle as the humans would say.

A Joined Trill finding the joining making their careers better isn't a surprise, that it worked so well is. Before the joining Navran was going to be an excellent if by-the-book Doctor. Now he has the ability to go beyond the pages of medical texts, to think laterally and solve puzzles. Not to mention you'd be amazed how handy the skills of a master criminal are when it comes to dealing with regulations and paperwork are, or at least getting past them. He probably could have been the Validictorian of his class if concentrated on that, instead he decided to be satisfied with being in the top 10% so he could have some time to explore Earth and other nearby worlds on time off. Now in Starfleet the Paix symbiont doesn't really play things safe anymore. Funny how it took being a criminal for a lifetime is what it took for him to live a little.

And, who knows, it might be just what the mission needs.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Jun 23rd, 2022 at 10:45 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 09:48 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18642
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
I don't know if I'd call any of them outright terrible
Well I would say that about this last season of Picard without batting an eye. As someone who watched TNG, DS9, and most of Voyager seeing the nuance and writing of those shows turned into the complete, nonsensical, canon-wrecking derp of what they're putting out now is painful. But the best Star Trek anything going on anywhere right now is the Orville, and I will stick to that.

Anyway, posting interest in a Mal Reynolds and Peter Quill inspired captain. The kind that will cause Vulcans no end of annoyance. "Don't quote Starfleet regulations to me, I'm just gonna ignore them and you're wasting both of our times."
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 12:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 966
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Placeholder for my application inbound. Expect a candidate for the role of Captain from a player with an abundance of time to manage the job!
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 01:05 AM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Uh oh. You cant both be captain. One of you will probably end up as xo. We haven't had an app for that yet. You should battle it out, andorian style. Ill supply the weapons and the areana.

Last edited by daveron; Jun 14th, 2022 at 01:05 AM.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 02:54 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12915
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Bounce a graviton particle beam
Off the main deflector dish
That's the way we do things lad
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 08:11 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I know, just a silly joke.