Other Star Trek Adventures: To Boldly Go - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 14th, 2022, 10:39 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Valentha
Greetings all,

I was referred here from the Modiphius Discord looking for PbP games for STA. I'm unsure if you are full but I have a basic application below and am looking at the Chief Engineer position (Well....more for RP for my character would be more Assistant Chief as it would fit better if the GM is agreeable)

I don't have the bio part yet but can provide later.
right-aligned image

===========
NAME: Lynette Ryan
SPECIES: Human Female
ENVIRONMENT: Homeworld (Earth, Australia, Melbourne)
UPBRINGING: Science & Technology
PREFERRED ROLE: Chief Engineer (RP wise: Assistant Chief Engineer more preferable) BACKUP: Helm
ASSIGNMENT: USS Tomoe Gozen NCC 62643

PRIMARY DISCIPLINES:
Engineering
Conn

FOCUSES:

- Computers
- EPS Systems
- Transporters & Replicators
- Flight Control Systems
- Small Craft
- Survival

VALUES:

- Ready for Adventure
- Always ready for Alternatives
- Problem with Authority
- No tolerance for Stupidity

=====================
Lynette grew up with a distruptive childhood (An only child) with her mother passing when she was very young and her father in Starfleet (Unwilling to place his daughter at risk on his tour of duty) so she was left in care to her uncle. She became very independent, headstrong with a passion for taking things apart and putting them back together and tinkering. Lynette had a rebellious streak about her and many times defied her uncles wishes to the point she would go joyriding in his shuttle which lead to her butting heads with authority. Her uncle (In discussions with her father) attempted to convince her to get into Starfleet (Feeling boredom was a major part of her rebellion) but Lynette at that time refused. It wasn't until the Borg incursion and the battle of Wolf 359 (where her father had died aboard the Bellerophon) that she eventually came around to accepting...just to get away.

She quickly developed a talent for the engineering programs and still continued to fly as one of her electives (Scaring the wits out of her colleagues and instructors with her daredevil approach) but she became a bane for her instructors because her stubbornness and considered her a loose cannon with no sense of boundary or discipline. Though it was by her skill and unique ideas that she wasn't simply mustered out of the academy.

Lynette barely graduated and she bounced between one or two assignments (due to disagreements with her CO) but it was her assignment aboard the USS Frederickson that she eventually mellowed as her CO took a different approach in handling her rebellious Ensign and her change lead to an eventual promotion. Unfortunately during an away team her CO ended up dying unexpectedly and with that loss Lynette asked for a transfer.

========================
SITUATIONAL RESPONSE
========================

Last edited by Valentha; Jun 23rd, 2022 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Adding situational response
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 10:45 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
daveron daveron daveron daveron

Last edited by daveron; Jun 15th, 2022 at 03:41 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 12:36 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18371
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 16th, 2022 at 04:00 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 12:58 AM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@saratek & drachenspirit

Secreted lore info, so drakenspirit can choose to use it or not, and it doesn't distract others.

Last edited by daveron; Jun 16th, 2022 at 08:39 PM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 04:04 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Valentha
I've edited my application to include my bio. (Hope its okay). I thought I would give you a little about myself. I'm from Australia (Why PbP is mostly necessary as most online games tend to be outside my timezone). I have played a few RPGs in the past (D&D 5e, Starfinder) being the most prominent. Currently unemployed so have time to devote to writing for this until RL crops up. I have most of the books in .PDF that I purchased from a Humble Bundle last year and started playing shortly after but that game ended up dying due to RL circumstances from the GM. I'm really keen to play and learn as I like the system.

Also thanks for the welcome Saratek Much appreciated.

Last edited by Valentha; Jun 15th, 2022 at 04:32 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 11:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25934
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Note To All Applicants:

I apologize in advance if this impacts anyone's application, but it is highly likely that the "Class" of ship the crew will be assigned to/using will change before the start of the game. I chose the Akira class because it was right for the time, and different from others crewed in movies and shows, though I didn't look into its design. I haven't decided what class to go with, but the Norway class seems close to the right fit for the mission and the crew size I was going for.
This all said, I do understand how the ship becomes home to a crew, and do love that aspect of the genre, so I'll try to make a decision on a ship for the crew this week so everyone can start envisioning their character on board it.
- D
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 12:53 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Mitsy. That sounds awesome. I consent. I was hoping we might know each other from the academy. The controversy from my background would possibly involve sentience research, and medical ethics involved with the ship ai \ emergancy medical (and others) holographic development programs. This seems right up your alley. Perhaps you helped me in arguing aginst my professor and husband and acting as mentor and providing me support when i was getting legal involved when things got out of hand. My husband (chan) would have been doing very similar work to you before his execution at my own hands for for goinging rouge and disregarding emerging sentient species rights. No matter how strongly the federation requires new weapons systems we aren't in the business of creating and subjugating new life forms to be our slaves.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 16th, 2022 at 03:58 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 02:22 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Saratek info

Last edited by daveron; Jun 16th, 2022 at 09:48 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 16th, 2022 at 03:48 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 16th, 2022 at 03:47 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 08:31 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Well I just used the character creation tool, and that was fun!
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25934
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Everyone, please put your posts that are longer than one small paragraph pertaining to things other than the app process into Spoiler Tags. I love the interaction, but let's try to keep them from making long posts to peruse through.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jun 15th, 2022 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 09:00 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Name
Vren Azonan

Species
Andorian

Rank
Captain

Environment
Star base

Upbringing
Starfleet

Preferred role
Captain

Assignment
USS Tomoe Gozen

Disciplines
1. Command
2. Engineering

Last edited by Acathala; Jun 23rd, 2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 11:04 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by daveron; Jun 16th, 2022 at 11:23 AM.