Other Star Trek Adventures: To Boldly Go - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 20th, 2022, 08:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25934
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Yes, I still owe some of you some Feedback, and don't worry I'll get it to you. I don't want to rush it.
Also, the internal layout and deck plans for ships that haven't had much, or any screen time is all over the place and vague in the official Rule Books that we are using.
For reasons I can't divulge yet, the crew's ship layout will be a mesh up from several sources to fit what's going on with this mission and this crew. So, don't worry this will be part of the fun.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 05:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
We have 10 applicants and I'm now fully convinced that I'm only taking 7 players.
I've been reading through all of your apps, and rereading and weighing them all in the mix of a crew.
I'm going to spend a few more days mulling all the applicants around, but I think I see a crew forming.
I may move the deadline up a week, or maybe even two. The reason? There's some really good apps here. My task is going to be hard already, but if more applicants are added, it will be even harder.
Applications are not closed, but the window may be closing faster than July 9th.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 05:45 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 07:01 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
daveron daveron daveron daveron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
We have 10 applicants and I'm now fully convinced that I'm only taking 7 players.
I've been reading through all of your apps, and rereading and weighing them all in the mix of a crew.
I'm going to spend a few more days mulling all the applicants around, but I think I see a crew forming.
I may move the deadline up a week, or maybe even two. The reason? There's some really good apps here. My task is going to be hard already, but if more applicants are added, it will be even harder.
Applications are not closed, but the window may be closing faster than July 9th.
Oh, ok then, I've gone ahead and updated my app then, I was going to think on it a little more but I think I have a solid idea of what I want to start with now.

My Application has been finalized. Values updated to ones I finally like, extended secret background removed. I will reexplore this once the final crew is selected. I might add back in some character hooks with other players, and depending on who is chosen and which role I end up getting or not getting I may change a few things around (but probably not) but for now I'm just focused on the major aspects of my own character as suggested by others. My Brief public background is now finalized and has been expanded slightly with some of the removed extended content and has been put into the proper timeline format covering the requested life events.

It can be found here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=9491188#post9491188

Last edited by daveron; Jun 21st, 2022 at 07:05 PM.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 07:28 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Valentha
The only thing i need to do for my application is to add a photo. I tried before but it didn't work not sure why. I will try giving it another go.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 07:45 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
daveron daveron daveron daveron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentha View Post
The only thing i need to do for my application is to add a photo. I tried before but it didn't work not sure why. I will try giving it another go.
upload the file to a provider like imgur and link to the url using the image button. link to the image file, not the image page. to get that right click the image and select open image in new tab.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 08:52 PM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5138
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
right-aligned image
We got this
In Imgur after you upload your pic, click on it and select the "Direct Link" option.

Then here, all you need is the [IMG] tags or [IMGL] or [IMGR] depending on if you want it aligned Left or Rright.

Additionally, you can add text by adding ="Intended Text" into the tag like so [IMG="Intended text"]

My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; Jun 21st, 2022 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 07:39 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Valentha
Thanks guys for the assist. Took a bit tweaking but I've managed to include a photo for my application.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 10:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2663
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
I may have to rescind my app. I'm home and hurt, so I have time at work (yay) but I'm also having meds that knock me out (less yay), so basically I'm afraid of overstretching d/t consciousness concerns

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 10:31 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7303
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherDondo View Post
I may have to rescind my app. I'm home and hurt, so I have time at work (yay) but I'm also having meds that knock me out (less yay), so basically I'm afraid of overstretching d/t consciousness concerns
Sorry to hear that.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 10:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Just do what you can do, FD. Take care of yourself first. The site will always be here if you don't make this game.
- D
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 11:28 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18371
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Quote:
Word of Advice: Don't Make Serious Decisions While Medicated.

...That is all. (Take care of yourself, obviously. We're just a bunch of randos on the internet. Who cares what we think?)

Good Luck, Everyone!

Last edited by Saratek; Jun 22nd, 2022 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 12:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2663
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratek View Post
Word of Advice: Don't Make Serious Decisions While Medicated.

...That is all. (Take care of yourself, obviously. We're just a bunch of randos on the internet. Who cares what we think?)

Good Luck, Everyone!
Obviously I do, or I wouldn't have said anything, lol.

If somebody wants to steal Caratacus or put him in a lesser NPC role or whatever, you're more than welcome

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FatherDondo; Jun 22nd, 2022 at 12:22 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 04:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
It's been 5 days since a new app has been added to this thread. I'm considering closing the thread to any more applications in the next day or so and starting the vetting process.

That said, I'd like everyone to add a response to the following situation into your character application post. Please put it in secret tags.

Write up a paragraph or two, or three that is your character's response to the below situation. I'm not looking for an answer, but rather RP responses and thought processes to figuring it out - both alone and with other crew members. There are no wrong responses here.

Synopsis: A week into your mission, the ship is about to disembark from the starbase it just visited for a few days, when there's an explosion in Engineering, triggering an imminent warp core breach.
Once this crisis is averted - either by stopping the breach or ejecting the warp core - you are part of the team working on investigating the cause of this explosion. The initial clues are water and unidentified plant DNA samples at the fringes of the explosion.

Please post here once your response is complete. No rush on time to respond as I'd like everyone to give it their best shot.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jun 22nd, 2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 06:31 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18371
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Drachenspirit: Request Acknowledged and Executed.