DnD5e Rick Hardcastle's Dimensional Reality Game Show Show - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 14th, 2022, 08:12 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7050
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
@Onward - Great app! I'm loving these audition-style posts, haha.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 05:15 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3399
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
WIP - will probably make one more pass before I finalize.

Sylvette Seeing
BasicsSylvette Seeing
Race: Human
Class: Most likely glamour bard, maybe some type of sorcerer

right-aligned image
Appearance:

Sylvette settles herself onto the stool as the cameraman adjusts the settings on his camera. An assistant approaches with a brush and a compact of blush, but Sylvette lifts a hand to wave them off politely. She reaches up and covers her face with her hands. When she folds them back in her lap, her hair, once blonde is now shimmering golden. Her lips and cheeks seem flushed with raspberry pink, and her green eyes are the green of a welcoming field of grass, eyes you could lie right down in for a lazy afternoon.

"I've only got about twenty minutes before I need to meet my agent, so can we make this quick please?" she says with a sweet smile that wasn't there a moment ago.

Day Job:

"My life changed a lot because of my time as a contestant on the Stag! I really thought that Prince Jurian was the love of my life... but when he rejected me at the Final Altar and broke my heart, I found out that I am the love of my life! So this year, I've been taking care of me first.

"Mostly I've been working on my tell-all biography, but it's sooo hard to write when I've been given so many opportunities! I'd really love to thank my sponsor, Virgin Sacrifice Cosmetics!"

Sylvette smiles a big, shy smile at the camera, which zooms in slightly on her mouth as a caption appears with the company's logo and the words "Untouched Rose from Virgin Sacrifice Cosmetics - We keep your hands clean."

Show Appeal:

"I think this kind of show is a lot different from The Stag since I'll be competing in challenges, rather than for my lover's heart, but I think a lot of the same skills will help me! I love people and I can make friends anywhere I go!"

Sylvette flutters her eyelashes at the camera and the strap of her dress happens to slip down her arm revealingly. She coyly pulls it back up, hiding her blushing cheeks behind a hand.

"Plus, there's nothing I won't do to win!" She says these words with the same light and flirty tone as the rest of her monologue, but for a moment her eyes seem sharp before her face returns to the same bland smile as before.

Backstory:

"Anyone who has watched my season of The Stag knows that I'm just like any other little girl from a small town with big dreams! I'm from a small fishing village--you've probably never heard of it. I used to watch the Stag with my mom and my eight sisters. We had no money at all and the walls of our shack had lots and lots of holes so when the wind blew we all had to take turns being at the bottom of the pile of siblings to keep warm. Also it always smelled like fish and my dad died in a boating accident."

Sylvette's eyes begin to well with tears, but she blinks them back heroically with a shake of her head. None of the production crew say or do anything, but she looks off camera for a moment and says, "No, no, I'm okay to go on.

"My mom got sick right before I was cast on the show. She told me to go live my dreams and not worry about her at all! She said, 'Sylvette you go marry that prince and have your happily ever after!' Well, we all know that Prince Jurian didn't want me, so my poor mama died before she could see me happy. Now it's time for me to do something for myself, not because of some man! I'm going to win Rick Hardcastle's Reality Game Show Show for me!"

Sylvette holds a determined smile for a beat too long, until a producer nods at her from behind the camera.

The camera clicks off and Sylvette steps off the stool, wiping the last of the tears off of her cheeks with the back of one hand. Her glamor drops, revealing an average-looking young woman. She turns towards the gathered production crew and asks, "Anyone got a cigarette?"

Last edited by morgantha; Jun 14th, 2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 07:07 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
@morgantha - Awesome addition! Let me know when you think it's complete.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 676
RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN
Tanara
BasicsTanara
Race: High Elf
Class: Rogue

right-aligned image
Appearance:

Basics & Backstory:

We see grainy black and footage, as if on an old security camera (or fantasy medieval equivalent). We are observing what is obviously a treasure vault from the piles of gold and silver coins, gems, goblets, statues and so on piled around. At the centre of the pile is an ornate looking belt, studded with sapphires and obviously magical.

A rope drops down from somewhere above the 'camera' and a slender male elf slides down, landing with aplomb. Even in the low quality magical footage he is clearly handsome but his expression also radiates smugness and overconfidence. His eyes are drawn to the ornate belt. He reaches out, picks it up, expression growing smugger and puts it around his waist-

"I don't think we need to see what happens next," an irritated female Elven voice interrupts as the black and white image freezes.

We pan out to reveal we had been watching the scene in a crystal orb on a table. Seated beside it are a female Ogre host an a beautiful, annoyed looking Elven woman who seems strangely familiar.

"Oh but Tanara that was the moment that won you the Dumbest Rogue Award at the Adventures Guild last year," the host says lightheartedly ignoring or oblivious to the look of rage that flares up in her guest's eyes. "You really thought that was a Belt of Giant Strength didn't you?"

Tanara laughs not quite convincingly and smiles in a snarling kind of way. "Actually Alyce I knew perfectly well that was a Girdle of Masculinity/Feminity planted by my so called rival Odrin. As it happens I wanted to turn into a woman for a scheme."

"Which is?"

Tanara looks flummoxed for a moment than laughs, even less convincingly and tries to look haughty. "Well I can't possibly reveal all my secrets can I? I am a femme fatale now and I have to remain mysterious."

Day Job: "I am a famous adventurer, scofflaw, rapscallion and rogue. A man with a thousand stories... er... a woman with a thousand stories to tell. No doubt you have heard of all those baffling burglaries that happened thirty years ago and were never solved? I may know something about those. I'm afraid I can't provide any proof. You know my mystery needs to stay... er... mysterious. Also the City Watch might arrest me."

Show Appeal: Tanara tosses her hair, wincing as some of it hits her in the left eye. Shaking it off she pouts at the camera, trying to look sexy and dark yet also likable.

"What can I say? Besides my devilish charm and good looks, I bring a dazzling intellect and keen appreciation to the game. Also I will do literally anything to win and show that stupid $%£!!-face Odrin that I am the best rogue around and that if it ever looked like he got the better of me it was all part a brilliant plan on my behalf."

She pauses, looking a bit heated after her rant, then leans in closer to the camera trying to direct it to her bosom. "Also I have these now. Pretty cool right?"

Appearance: A beautiful female Elf about 5'2 and slender in build, wearing too tight clothing and armour, impractical but stylish boots she is still mastering and an expression that shifts between overconfidence, stifled rage and mindless panic depending on the way the conversation goes.

Last edited by RossN; Jun 15th, 2022 at 09:06 PM.
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 09:12 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
@RossN - Unique! Dig it.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 10:05 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2103
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Jul 1st, 2022 at 03:18 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 11:02 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
@Hal Hammerhand - An Awakened dog with a survival media following. Hilarious, lol!
Old Jul 1st, 2022, 09:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Bumping, I guess.
Old Jul 1st, 2022, 11:43 AM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4113
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Marcus Von Häussler WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Marcus Von Häussler
Race: Dhampir (human)
Class: Fighter (Scout)

Day Job/Appearance:

The up and coming star receiver for the Blood Gutters, A top tier football team which was highly funded by a number of vampire families and liches, came into the picture.
He was a broad-shouldered, pale man who grinned amicably, showing off some impressive fangs. His short, pale hair was swept back elegantly, accentuating his broad features, which in turn impressively highlighted the spark behind his eyes. He sat down in an ornate, high-backed armchair, swirling a glass of dark liquid in one hand while repeatedly tossing up a ridiculously ornate football.
A fire crackled in the background, and the dim lighting played unsettling shadows across his grinning features.

"Some of you may know me, but for zose few who do not, my name is Marcus Von Häussler, vone of ze best receivers in DFL."

Again the grin, followed by a swallow of "wine". He put down the glass and leaned in, gripping the ball in either hand.

"Ze Blood Gutters are ze greatest franchise in ze league, vithout any doubt vhatsoever. Have you seen my stats? outstanding! Zis year's trophy vill be ours, don't listen to a vord zose dwarven grit-suckers say! You should see my trophy room, my father makes sure ze thralls clean it daily, it sparkles like ze sun!"

He leaned back with a sigh, picking up his glass and downing the remaining half of its contents.

"It is not easy to stay on ze top! Every day I must vake up before ze moon, perform my training to ze most stringent degree under ze tutelage of ze most relentless ghouls to have played ze sport! In fact my head trainer is old school even by ze standard of elven coaches (given zat he has been around since its inception).
Only zen am I allowed to relax and have a cup of "vine" before supper. And oh, how my father likes to badger me about my bearing about ze manor! It is a tough life I lead, and no mistake!"

Someone offscreen muttered a question that wasn't quite picked up by the scrying.

"Hmm? You've heard about zat party?"

Marcus scowled as he realized his glass was empty.

"Vell I can only say zat ze details are greatly exaggerated, all members of ze Blood Gutters are part of ze temperance league and restrain our desires vell vithin ze law!
Anyvays, pass me another bottle of "vine" would you?"

Show Appeal: A boisterous, eloquently spoken, rough and tumble, aristocratic sportsman with a love of "wine". Prone to outbursts of maniacal laughter worthy of his father.

"I know vat people say about us vitally challenged folk. Ze sun zis, garlic zat, blah blah blah. But ve are no skulking slouches! Ve are an energetic group vith a love of ze good life!"

Marcus seized the bottle of "wine" from the servant (thrall) and greedily downed its contents.

"Bwa ha ha ha! Properly lukewarm, as it should be!
Anyvays, zis place needs a touch of proper sport to it. Vhat's a show vithout some sport? And some representation! I tell you, us vitally challenged people are underrepresented in ze media, I know a few liches who vould love to provide more funding if they could be confident zeir people voted be properly represented."

Another thrall, another bottle. This time, however, Marcus freezed as the bottle touches his lips,
"Is zis… cold? Who in zeir right mind vould serve cold bloo- vine!?"

In an instant he leapt from his seat and out of the view of the orb.

Smash!
Tinkle,
AIYEEEEE!

A few moments later Marcus reappeared, straightening his Jacket as he took his seat.
He offered an aplogetic smile to the orb, his teeth stained red,

"It is so hard to find good help zese days, my deepest apologies. Anyvays, vere vas I? Ah yes! I do hope this recording finds you vell, and zat you have the good sense to broaden your inclusivity. I'd be a great ambassador for the undead demographic!"

Backstory:

"Oh you vant to know a bit of my past? I'm guessing I can oblige a bit, though compared to my career it's nothing special."

He set the ball down on his lap and rubbed his chin, "Vell my mother vas a darling actress, and my father of course is ze resplendent Count Von Häussler. I vas ze only fruit of that dalliance, and quite vital for such a child."

Marcus grinned as he reminisced,

"Ever since I could valk, I vas marked for sport. My father made sure I had ze finest tutors in ze land, and all ze other families made sure I vas introduced to ze big names in ze business."

He chuckled and took another swig from the newest bottle of "wine".

"Vhen it finally came time to choose a team, I had zem falling all over zemselves to get me.
But my father had a friend in ze coach of ze Blood Gutters, so I gladly signed up vith zem. A solid bunch, all of zem, our captain is vone of ze best quarterbacks in ze league! Anyvays, ever since zen it has been history, as zey say."

Marcus nodded to the cameraman and flashed his unsettling grin,

"I must thank you for coming out here, I rarely get ze chance to reminisce like zis. Do not vorry about accommodations, my father vill make sure you get ze best ve have to offer. And uh, tell your producers ze families vould be much obliged if zey vould attend zhat little party the Albrechs are throwing zis Friday. Ve cannot vait to hear back from zem."

Last edited by Amarga; Jul 2nd, 2022 at 12:20 AM.
Old Jul 1st, 2022, 02:44 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10042
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Do I have any idea what I'm going to do with this concept? No. Am I applying with it anyway? Yes.
Application
The Basics A vaguely-humanoid mass, clad in a trench coat and hood, slouches unnaturally in a plush chair. The fabric of the coat writhes uncomfortably, as though something is crawling underneath. A low, droning buzz emanates from within.

The camera shifts, as though the person behind it is struggling to keep from running away.

"GREETINGS, VERTEBRATES." A voice, or perhaps hundreds of voices, resonates from within the depths of the trench coat. "YOU MAY CALL US 'HIVEMIND.' WE ARE THE ULTIMATE TEAM, CONDENSED INTO A SINGLE BEING. WE ARE UNITED. SYNCHRONIZED. HARMONIOUS. UNSTOPPABLE. WE HAVE-- WE--- WAIT-- WHAT?" The creature pauses, looking down at itself. A rising cacophony of frantic buzzing comes from within its torso. "WHAT? WE--- NO! GUYS, COME ON, WE AGREED ON THIS." The amorphous blob inside the coat pulses angrily. "SERIOUSLY? NO. THAT'S STUPID." Another series of buzzes. "I DON'T CARE IF TAMMY SPENT THREE HOURS COMING UP WITH THE PUNS, WE'RE NOT GOING TO--- UGH, TAMMY, NO, DON'T CRY. SARAH, STOP ENCOURAGING HER. WE--" The thousand-voices sighs in defeat. "FINE. WE... 'BEE-LIEVE' WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN THIS COMPETITION. VIEWERS WILL BE... 'BUZZING' WITH EXCITEMENT WHEN WE SHOW OFF THE POWER OF OUR PERFECT TEAMWORK. THERE. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?"

Something inside the coat buzzes happily.

"We're bees!" came a tiny voice from within. "We're a bunch of bees in a trench coat! And we're on TV now! Hi Mom! Hi! Can you see me waving, Mom?"

"OH MY BEE-GODS, STEPHANIE, WE ALL HAVE THE SAME MOM AND SHE IS LITERALLY FOUR INCHES TO YOUR LEFT!"

Day Job The scene shifts to B-roll of an idyllic meadow. Hivemind slouches in a boneless lump in a patch of daisies, their hood slowly oozing over its face. Hundreds of honeybees dart to and fro.

"SO YEAH, THIS IS WHERE WE USUALLY HANG OUT," they say. "WE WORK HERE, AND WE LIVE, UH, OVER THERE---" It takes a moment, but one floppy arm raises and gestures towards a series of large white crates stacked in a corner of the field. A stone tower looms in the background. "THE HIVES, NOT THE TOWER. OUR LANDLORD LIVES IN THE TOWER. SOME WIZARD GUY. HE BUILT THE BEE BOXES THAT WE LIVE IN, AND WE PAY HIM IN HONEY AND BY NOT STINGING HIM TO DEATH. WHICH... WE COULD TOTALLY DO, IF WE FELT LIKE IT."

The scene cuts briefly to a human in a pointy wizard hat and garden gloves, pulling weeds from a vegetable garden.

"They totally couldn't," he says flatly. "They're honeybees. If they sting me, they literally die."

"WE ENJOY OUR LIFE HERE," Hivemind continues, the scene jumping back to them. "WE POLLINATE THE FLOWERS, AND WE CREATE HONEY AND BEESWAX FOR OUR MAGNIFICENT QUEEN. WE LIVE IN PERFECT HARMONY WITH ONE ANOTHER AND-- STEPHANIE, I SWEAR IF YOU STEP ON MY ANTENNAE ONE MORE TIME I WILL-- WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!? "

The video suddenly becomes shaky as the cameraman takes off running. In the distance, the shape of a flailing trench coat exploding into angry bees can be seen.

Show Appeal"THE HIVEMIND BRINGS SOMETHING NEW TO THE MULTIVERSAL TELEVISION AUDIENCE," Hivemind says, lounging awkwardly in the plush chair. "BEES. LOTS AND LOTS OF BEES. WE BRING THE DRAMA OF FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS, THE UPLIFTING FEEL-GOOD THEMES OF TEAMWORK AND OF THE 'LITTLE GUYS' OVERCOMING ALL OBSTACLES, AND THE THRILLING DANGER OF HAVING SEVEN THOUSAND ANGRY CREATURES WITH KNIVES ON THEIR BUTTS LIVING IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO YOU. PLUS, WE OFFER THE GREATEST HONOR OF ALL: A CHANCE TO HAVE REAL LIVING ROYALTY CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR LITTLE SHOW. THAT'S RIGHT: OUR MOM IS A LITERAL QUEEN AND WE ARE HERE TO FIGHT IN THE NAME OF HER GREAT GLORY!"

"I'm so proud of you all!" a tiny, slightly teary voice came from within the trench coat. "My sweet little larvae-babies are all grown up and taking on the world in violent competition!"

"ALSO, IF YOU HAVE EVER EATEN A FRUIT OR VEGETABLE OR SEEN A LIVING PLANT, YOU HAVE US TO THANK. WE ARE THE REASON YOU GUYS HAVE FOOD. YOU'RE WELCOME."

"ON THE BUSINESS SIDE OF THINGS, WE BRING A PREVIOUSLY-UNTAPPED COMMERCIAL MARKET TO YOUR CHANNEL: THE INVERTEBRATES. WE OUTNUMBER YOU ENDOSKELETAL BIPEDS A THOUSAND TO ONE, AND YET NEVER HAVE WE SEEN A COMMERCIAL FOR TINY SIX-PACKS OF SHOES OR CARAPACE POLISH OR ANTENNAE JEWELRY. THIS IS A TRAVESTY!"

Something inside the coat buzzed again.

"AH, YES, THANKS FOR THE REMINDER, SAMMY. YOU SHOULD ALSO VOTE FOR US BECAUSE WE THINK WE LOOK REALLY GOOD IN A TRENCH COAT."

Appearance It's seven thousand bees writhing around in a trench coat. They move awkwardly, lacking things like a skeleton or muscle fibers, and anyone who gets too close can hear the ever-present hum of buzzing and see individual bees moving under the fabric. Occasionally one falls out and has to crawl back inside.

It's honestly a little creepy, but at least they seem friendly enough.

Backstory "WE DO NOT REMEMBER MUCH PRIOR TO THE GREAT AWAKENING," Hivemind says, "THINGS ARE... FUZZY BACK THEN. WE BELIEVE -- 'bee-lieve'-- SURE, BEE-LIEVE, THAT WE WERE JUST AVERAGE BEES. COLLECTING POLLEN, DEFENDING THE HIVE, ETC. BUT THEN CAME THE DAY OF THE MIRACLE... AND WE WERE BLESSED WITH KNOWLEDGE BY THE GREAT BEE GODS. CHOSEN TO BE GREAT HEROES! THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION."

The scene cuts back to the gardener-wizard.

"Meh, I just wanted to see if I could cast an awakening spell on an entire beehive. I forget what my reasoning for that was. I was probably drunk."

Back to Hivemind.

"---AND NOW WE KNOW OUR DUTY IS TO RISE ABOVE COMMON BEE-KIND AND WALK AMONG VERTEBRATE-KIND! WE SHALL SHOW THEM THE POWER AND PERFECTION OF OUR SPECIES! THEY WILL KNEEL ON THEIR STUPID TWO-LEGS BEFORE US!"

"And also we want to try a snow-cone!"

"YES, AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET A SNOW-CONE."

Last edited by Pseudonymous; Jul 1st, 2022 at 02:47 PM.
Old Jul 1st, 2022, 08:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
I have a Harengon Twilight Cleric I could certainly Weak, Dumb, Bouncy and a little Righteoustwist for this. Have a look and let me know if I should apply and if you needs some changes

Last edited by psuedenim; Jul 1st, 2022 at 08:54 PM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2022, 09:58 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Loving what everyone is coming up with!

These character concepts are great.

Still plenty of time to go.

@psuedenim - mechanically, the character looks fine. I'd say the trick would be coming up with a cool application. Competition is tough!
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1999
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Oh man, this is wild. I literally grew up watching the old Real World/Road Rules shows on MTV (probably not a great thing in hindsight but eh XD). I'll work on this throughout the day.

Application
BasicsName: Maggie Auldban
Race: Human
Class: Cleric, domain still undecided

Concept: The most boring, milquetoast, white-bread Midwest girl production could find. On paper its for demographic purposes, but in reality its because they know these kind of people are the first to snap on these shows, and that means ratings baby!

WIP....
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumUnicorn View Post
Oh man, this is wild. I literally grew up watching the old Real World/Road Rules shows on MTV (probably not a great thing in hindsight but eh XD). I'll work on this throughout the day.
Yesss... join the chaos!