Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
Fall of Eldir

Game NameFall of Eldir
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeBeing heroic, solving puzzles, fighting monsters, and uncovering lore.
FlavourPost apocalyptic vibes with some fallen empire and epic heroism.
Plot SummaryEldir was a country split off from the Eldaman Empire before the calamities came. One day, the great shrines to the divine beasts opened their sealed doors and the ancient braziers began to smoke. In the same instant, cracks appeared in reality, releasing monsters from myth and legend upon the land like a plague of locusts. Villages and settlements were wiped out swiftly while armies fought against the monsters to protect those fleeing to the capital. These were dark times, but all was not lost. Heroes sprang from the citizens of Eldir with power rivaling that of the monsters and these heroes protect the capital from incursion. Once a year, each hero must make a pilgrimage to their respective shrines for reasons known only to the hero. As long as these shrines exist, the heroes live to hold back the monsters and so has life been for one hundred years.

The capital city of Eldir is called Eldonis and it houses around two million people. There are towns now situated around the city with a population of around a million. The monsters have settled across all of Eldir and most likely invaded the Eldaman Empire as well. It's hard to say as Eldir has lost communication with the outside world. The areas outside capital control are known as the untamed wilds and beyond them are the hinterlands. Only the heroes brave these wilds and only they return. Sometimes, a hero may fall in battle and when this happens, a new hero is chosen by the divine beasts to fill the void.

The secondary effect of the tears, in reality, created human off-shoots with affinities to elemental or planar forces. These off-shoots were originally met with some scrutiny and sometimes hostility, but now, they have been integrated into society and are mostly treated like normal humans. There is an exception to this with some of the aristocrats, but they currently represent a minority of the population. The newest development has been the formation of multiple heroes for each shrine rather than one.

The empire at large and Eldir are a melting pot of cultures, religions, and beliefs. Real-world inspirations could come from both mythology and ancient cultures found in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.

If you'd like to know more about a specific Divine Beast or the city, I'll be happy to expand the lore for you. This setting is one I've used for my real-life players, but they started at level 1 and had to earn their status as a shrine hero/champion. Instead, you'll pick up as established level 10 heroes and we'll go from there. The events leading up to the story will involve the dead rising and attacking the living at night as well as a cold mist that creeps into the city and results in the disappearance of citizens. Witnesses swear they see the shadows of monsters in the mist. This is the first time in decades that the city faced such attacks. So far, the attacks and mists have come from the northern section of the city as well as the settlements around there. The attacks appear random and no connection has been found between the attacks and the dead rising.

There are regional languages with Eldan being spoken by everyone and then there are dialects of Eldan and languages that predate Eldan.

Northwest - Bantir : Volcanoes, Mountains, and rocky hills
West - Bocor : Rainforests, jungles, and floodplains
Southwest - Draj : Savannah and grasslands
North - Nors : Cold conifer forests and tall mountains
Northeast - Vilem : Steppes, mesas topped with scrublands
East - Eldan or Elam : Rolling hills, temperate forests, and lakes
Southeast - Rami : Wetlands, rivers, and marshes
South - Dwemi : Sandy desert, badlands, and salt flats (Great Salden Sea)
Central - Rul : Temperate forests, fertile plains, and low mountains

- Level: 10
- Gold: Standard for level
- Party Size: 6
- Ability Scores: 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13
- Hit Points: Max at 1st and 2nd level, roll for rest.
- Expected Posting Rate: As often as necessary.
- Alignment: You can make evil characters and certain shrines like plague and nightmare lend themselves to more evil characters, but even the wicked can do heroic things for selfish or monstrous reasons.
- Application Deadline: June 30th at the latest but probably before that. I'll give fair warning.

Class Options

1. Fighter
2. Rogue
3. Cleric
4. Druid
5. Sorcerer
6. Paladin
7. Alchemist
8. Witch
9. Summoner
10. Arcanist
11. Bloodrager
12. Hunter
13. Shaman
14. Swashbuckler
15. Skald

Race Options

1. Human
2. Ifrit
3. Fetchling
4. Oread
5. Aasimar
6. Skinwalker
7. Gillmen
8. Undine
9. Sylph
10. Changeling
11. Dhampir
12. Tiefling

The Divine Beasts

1. Thestalon the Arch-Phoenix - Flame
2. Fenrir the Fettered - Frost
3. Usumgallu the Fallen Dragon - Chromatic
4. Karkorax the Prime Kraken - Water
5. Grandarg the Earthbreaker - Earth
6. Simorgh the Wind Guardian - Air
7. Parshah the Sun King - Radiance
8. Erebus the Primal Dark - Shadow
9. Nergal the Foul - Plague
10. Vulcan the Forgemaster - Metal
11. Inaktuzu the Thunderbird - Storm
12. Oneiros the Dark Dreamer - Nightmare
13. Nidhogg the Rooteater - Nether
14. Botanica the Vibrant - Nature
15. Iltannain the Unstable - Chaos

Name:
Race:
Class:
Chosen Shrine:
Party Role:
Physical Traits:
Mental Traits:
Background:
RP Sample:

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 21st, 2022 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 11:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3263
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Is it supposed to have a Dark Souls/Elden Ring feel? Because the names of the divine beasts give me that feel.

Also, any limits on archetypes for the listed classes (and unchained versions or not?)? Or alternate racial features for the races? And what do you mean by Physical and Mental Traits? Is there a set date you're going to stop taking applications, or are you doing it first come, first serve? Can aasimars and tieflings do the thing where they roll d100 for an alternate to their spell-like ability? Can they do the d100 thing for other cosmetic features?

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:40 AM.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 01:04 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I'm totally up for a flavor-dense game like this! Let me ponder for a while.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 02:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'm considering an aasimar druid. Unsure which kind of each, but I'll be focusing on summoning. Specifically rats.

Maybe a couple levels of Dragonheir Scion Fighter for mild draconic features. Usumgallu the Fallen Dragon as her "patron", of course.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 17th, 2022 at 03:25 AM.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 04:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5915
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
A couple questions:
- Would you be using the Feat Tax Fix?
- Would you be using Background Skills

For the Aasimar/Tiefling races, do you allow the alternate racial heritages? I am interesting the the Oni-Spawn: +2 Str, +2 Wis, –2 Cha instead of the base tiefling.

Likewise, for the Aasimar/Tiefling/Skinwalker races, the descriptions allow these to be Small sized. Are those variants allowed? I'd prefer being Small, to ride Medium mount, which gives more options for going indoors / underground, etc.

I'm interested in being a Druid of the Nature Fang archetype. Kind of a paladin of nature; charge in mounted atop a steed, wreck vengeance against defilers and violators of nature's balance. With the animal companion, in the role of a melee striker. Spells are mostly for out-of-combat buffing and backup.

(If accepted alongside another druid, Ermine's, I'll play a completely different style of druid: a melee animal-companion teamwork striker. I'm sure we can be very differentiated, different shrines / different styles.)

What is the role of the Shrine companions?
- Do they show up as NPCs?
- Will they be around a little or a lot?
- Can you take them as a form of animal companion?

Last edited by CatCanCook; Jun 17th, 2022 at 06:58 AM.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 04:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, I'll mostly be a scout type. ^~^ still undecided on archetype. Thinking Pack Lord or Menhir Savant.

Edit: Going with Pack Lord, and not going to take fighter levels. Another question, though: Variant Multiclassing? (I don't like picking feats, so replacing them with static features is nice). I'm assuming no, since not all classes are available, but thought I'd check.

Edit 2: I think I'm going to prepare almost all healing spells, since I can summon spontaneously.

Edit 3: Also, how many traits do we get?

Edit 4: Going Swarm Monger instead. Regular rats that can become swarms are a little easier to hide than a large number of dire rats. Also, the Shrine Champions things...are templates we apply to our characters based on their shrine? Because that's what it looks like. And that would be very nice.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 17th, 2022 at 09:02 AM.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 07:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5201
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Are there any limits on Prestige Classes, and is the Leadership Feat allowed?

I am thinking of a Rogue PC, with the Phantom Thief Archetype, going into the Noble Scion Prestige Class.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
Ermine - Dark Souls/Elden Ring isn't a bad analogy actually. There is a souls-like quality to this game for sure!

Yes, to all except for first come first serve. I'm still deciding when I'll close the application. By mental/physical traits, I mean give a summary of their mental and physical strengths and any unique traits that stand out. Yes to the d100 for tiefling and aasimar.

No variant multiclassing given how the game is set up with limited classes. Two traits. You are correct, they are templates you add to your character. You get one and it corresponds with one of the divine beasts.

CatCanCook - Yes to feat tax. Yes to background skills. Yes for alternate race features. The role of the shrine is that you are chosen by the divine beast of the shrine to represent them, so you get the template listed in the spoiler button added to your character as champion. Instead of a companion, although, you can at some point gain a companion that fits the theme of your shrine.

triedtherest - No limits on prestige classes. Leadership is allowed in this game. The only caveat with leadership is your companion would need to fit the theme of your shrine/divine beast. So going flame shrine but having an ice-themed sorcerer would conflict.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 09:57 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3299
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Colour me interested. I think an Oread Skald linked to Grnadarg's shrine would be a lot of fun,

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Searubis
right-aligned image
Name: Searubis

Race: Skinwalker: Ragebred (Wereboar-kin)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Class: Druid (Nature Fang)

Chosen Shrine: Nature / Botanica the Vibrant

Party Role: With animal companion, a melee striker. Out of combat, buffs / utility spells.

Physical Traits: This skinwalker, in his human-like form, is a small, hairy, but massively muscled man. He stands about four and a half feet tall, but bulges with rock hard muscles. His hair is black in a mohawk ridge, and coarse, his jaw out-thrust and bordering on bestial. His skin black and leathery. When he skin-walks into his more bestial form, his head becomes that of a boar with sharp and jagged tusks, his feet become hoofed, and his overall shape, while still humanoid, is pronouncedly more boar-like. He has a bit of a pot belly, and he is customarily ravenous; he eats like a pig: preferring vegetarian fare but omnivorous.

Mental Traits: Searubis is a creature of his passions and instincts. What he feels, he does: not without wisdom but without care for rules, or law, or social norms. As a wereboar-kin, wrath and anger are close at hand, as well as great warmth and jovial affection. His moods can change on a dime, with whatever stirs him. Deep in his nature is a love and reverence for nature: beast, plant, and the elements that nurture the life force in living creatures. His call is a guardian and avenger of whatever despoils natural order. Nothing stirs his wrath more than corruption which perverts and destroys what is natural. Searubis prefers life away from cities and crowds; he enjoys the loyalty and affection of a small number of people, but among strangers or civilized sorts he will like as not offend if he opens his mouth. Because of his appearance, brute strength and coarse manner, he can be mistaken for unintelligent. He his not: he has a keen snout for problem-solving, and deploys tactics with cunning.

Background:

RP Sample: Searubis riding upon Nugambo the Tiger came reluctantly back to Eldir. He was a sight to behold upon the beast: he black of skin and fur, almost as bestial as his mount. Nugambo striped in black and white: a prowling menace that made the city-folk flinch. Well, he was here to help these people from the rising dead.

"Peace to you!" he growled. "I come in the name of Botanica, to fight against the rising dead."

He offered flowers -- grown earlier by magical enchantment. (Children cowered, and flinched away.)

"I come from the frontier, where I have defended many villages against monsters."

He pro-offered good-berries; he kept many small jars of them, carefully label by date, held in double criss-crossing bandoliers. He'd gotten that idea from an alchemist-hero of Thestalon the Arch-Phoenix. But were that fellow carried deadly bombs and admixture he held healing.

"Good-berries will heal injuries. They will keep you well-fed and satisfied! " He offered gifts of nature's holy blessings, freely.

A rotten cabbage banged off his hastily raised shield. It was from an upper balcony, a gap toothed old man. "Nuvidian! Boar-kin, you lot are just a mess of bullying, thieving trouble. Go back to the woods!"

That stung. He had been a thief and he had hurt people, on these very streets. But instead of contrition, rage bellowed out." DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? I'm hear to defend you! From undead. From evil mist!". At his tone, Nugambo snarl and spun about, ready to pounce, rend and tear. People fell back abruptly away from them.

"Peace now," said a veteran constable, captain -- stepping forward from the crowd. "This good fellow is here to help, he has quite some reknown -- both as healer and fighter. Why, he's a dragon slayer -- see his armor? Apologies to you, good sir. The people here are spooked, unfortunately. We have been under attack. People have been disappearing, and it's put everyone on edge, suspicious of any strangers. We put out a call for heroes. Eldir is threatened, as never before in my time. But ... well, people are disconcerted at who has answered the call. There's an undead hero, a lady with rat-swarms and, well, sir you uh can be a bit daunting atop that fine animal. Forgive the discourtesy."

As quickly as his rage had spun up, he calmed. He puffed out his chest, stood tall in the saddle. Praise to his faithful companion always cheered him. "Yes, that's me: dragonslayer, hero, defender. I'm glad somebody has sense about them! " his voice was still snarling and unpleasant, but he meant well. "Good captain, I'll buy you a tankard of the finest: Is Crown and Wheel still there on Baker Street? And you tell me what you can about the troubles here, eh? And who is gathering to answer the call."

Build Notes

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Searubis.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	96170  

Last edited by CatCanCook; Jun 24th, 2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 01:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ApplicationName: Yemoja, better known as Ratspeaker Kahina
Race: Aasimar (variant ability to be rolled later, Deathless Spirit, Halo, Medium Size, Standard variant)
Class: Druid (Swarm Monger archetype)
Chosen Shrine: Chromatic - Usumgallu the Fallen Dragon
Party Role: Emergency Healer, Summoner, Scout, Backup Face. Her cohort focuses on bad touches.

Physical Traits: Tall, at 6'5", though her frame is slender, almost frail-looking, but deceptively sturdy. Her eyes are a deep brown, even darker than her skin. Tightly woven black hair keeps out of her eyes and goes back into more than a dozen rat skull-tipped braids. Her clothing appears to be just robes, but she hints that she has more layers beneath, where she houses her rat companion, Madness. She doesn't appear to be over 18, but is very likely at least a few years older. Her spells all appear to be either rat- or dragon-like, depending on the spell, as some spells she views as hers, and others as Usumgallu's. Her skin has patches of dark, iridescent scales, she has extra canine teeth, and more obviously, a large set of dark, iridescent leathery dragon wings. (Also has another feature to be rolled later)
Mental Traits: Intelligent, as well as highly perceptive and personable. Basically, well-rounded, but with a strong lean into her investigative abilities. Like a rat.

Background: Kahina spent her youth in the streets of Eldonis, not out of necessity (she had a home in the city), but because she felt they called to her. She had very few friends besides the rats that kept her company over the years. She didn't identify with her family, save for the fact they had a swarm of children (10 siblings, not counting herself), something she hopes to one day achieve. If not literal children, then metaphorical ones. She has her own home now, but only uses it for sleeping, leaving nothing inside except rats and a bed.

Her father disappeared in the fog, but she hasn't reached a stage where she mourns him yet. She herself has almost died numerous times, but most notably when she was 7 and was nursed back to health by rats, as she had nearly died in the streets in a robbery gone sideways. She spent even more time in the streets after that, and started using rats to support her lifestyle.

Her druidic magic comes from her bond with rats, but also from Usumgallu, who has granted her a cohort, a dragon disciple named Ellie, as a show of their strong bond.

Kahina has never experienced romantic attraction for anyone, and doesn't know if she's capable. After all, no one she's met has been as honest with her as her rats. She has some feelings of some kind for the guard captain, but doesn't know if it's just friendly attraction. Maybe aesthetic attraction?

She was a freelance investigator for the city guard for a while, solving crimes simply by asking rats who did them. She'd usually get a pretty solid description which she would relay to her handler. Most of the guard considered her one of their own, but several viewed her as a nuisance and tried to ask the guard captain to not hire her anymore. The guard captain, however, did not go through with their requests, hiring her whenever Kahina had a lead.

RP Sample:

Template

Statistics (After Mods)Str 15 Dex 18 Con 16 Int 18 Wis 22 Cha 22
Init +7
HP 46+8d8 (10d8+30 hit dice)
Base Atk +7/+2
AC 24 (+4 dex, +2 natural, +8 armor), touch 14, flat-footed 20
+1 shield AC with improvised melee weapon in hand
Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +18

Spells Prepared
4 0th (at will): Detect Magic, Flare, Grasp, Mending
6 1st: Detect Aberration (1), Detect Animals or Plants (1), Stone Fist (2), Summon Minor Ally (2)
6 2nd: Alpha Instinct (1), Animal Aspect (1), Ashen Path (1), Beastspeak (1), Lesser Restoration (1), Soothing Word (1)
4 3rd: Greater Animal Aspect (2), Cure Moderate Wounds (2)
4 4th: Cure Serious Wounds (4)
3 5th: Cure Critical Wounds (1), Hunter's Blessing (1), Summon Kami (1)
Traits and FeatsTraits: Adrift (Race, Aasimar), Ambush Training (Combat)

Feats: Eschew Materials (1st), Amateur Investigator (1st), Aspect of the Beast (Wild Instinct) (3rd), Angelic Blood (5th), Catch Off-Guard (5th), Leadership (7th), Improvised Defenses (9th), Angel Wings (10th)
Gear62000 starting wealth
-2500 Ring of Sustenance
-26000 +5 Spidersilk Bodysuit
-25000 +5 Cloak of Resistance
------------------‐---------------------------------
8500 gp remaining
Familiar

CohortEllie
NG Medium Human Sorcerer (draconic, Black) 5/Dragon Disciple 6
Str 14 Dex 15 Con 16 Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 20
Init +2; Senses blindsight 30 feet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D5ibxybWAAEgHke.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	96184  

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 22nd, 2022 at 03:49 AM.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 05:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5073
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Dunkan
Race: Dhampir
Class: 6th level Rogue/4th level Shadowdancer
Chosen Shrine: Erebus the Primal Dark - Shadow
Party Role: Scout
Physical Traits: About 6 feet tall, this very handsome young human looking man has dark skin, dark brown eyes, long dark black hair down to shoulders. Medium build, athletic. Dressed in all black, with a chain like shirt & vest and matching black pants designed for simplicity and mobility. High boots. Bow at his back and a sword sheathed at his left hip. A dagger sheathed at each thigh and at each side.
right-aligned image

Mental Traits: He walks with confidence, like one that can handle himself, but because life threw him a bump in the road of life, it isn't easy for him to fit in with others at times. He keeps to himself mostly, but once he is excepted, he becomes more open. While he may seem like a loner, he doesn't shut himself out, he will engage and seems even outgoing, during the day though, he becomes a bit quieter when on the road. It could be he's on alert for any surprises, but it seems he's on guard for another reason.

Background:

RP Sample: he had escorted a handful of people to a large town and there was trouble. The cemetery. The dead were rising at night, and something was going on in the Mausoleum. Atwood knew what was going on, he never dealt with it but instinctively, he knew.
He went inside alone, the town didn’t have a lot of guards left, many been killed or became the walking dead. The ranger fought through some of the undead and then, he came to the creature that was causing all the problems. The vampire. The creature smiled at Atwood like he was some tasty morsel. Atwood flung his hood back and bared his fangs. This took the vampire by surprise, but something told him that the man was not a true vampire. They fought and fought hard but at the end, Atwood had won, but barely.
The undead outside and had fallen since their master was dead. When the town people saw this, they cheered and they came to the gate of the cemetery and waited, hoping their hero would make it out alive. He did, he stumbled out, wounded. When people got close, they saw him and gasped.
Atwood saw the people, then realized his hood was down.

“The vampire is dead, the town is safe now.” he said. He was exhausted, and hurt.

“Yeah, but what are you? Your face is all dark and bruised, like….”

“I’m half human.”

“What’s the other half?”

People wanted to know what was going on but before Atwood could say anything else, a man had nocked an arrow and fired it at Atwood, and when he fell, the mayor pushed the bow aside. “You don’t have to kill him.”

“Well look at him.”

“I am, he saved our town from a vampire and as you can see, He’s half human as he said and whatever his other half is, doesn’t matter.”

“Then what is he?”

“I don’t know, but you are hereby under arrest.”

“For what? We don’t know what he is, and he looks like some half dead man.”

“Yes, but a hero as well, he didn’t have to do what he did.”

The town was split, half thought the killer should hang for trying to kill a man who saved their town, while the other half was wary of what Atwood was, perhaps he had his own plans for the town. After a full day of thinking, the mayor had the would be killer sit behind bars for 30 days. He had Atwood given a free meal and room. When Atwood had healed from his wounds a couple of days later, it was the third morning, after breakfast, that Atwood decided to go on his way, he wasn’t going to stay around and keep looking over his shoulder. The mayor however, gave him some coins, apologized, and wished the lad well..

Last edited by Seekr34; Jun 19th, 2022 at 12:23 AM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 02:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 -- it looks like the DM of this game doesn't allow the Ranger class. If you want favored enemy: undead I'm not sure how you'll get it.

Dark Asterisk -- Searubis is ready for review.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 04:02 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
WIP APP
right-aligned image
Name: Thranodyne the Daybreaker

Race: Ifrit

Class: Sorcerer (Solar bloodline)

Chosen Shrine: Thestalon the Arch-Phoenix1. Flame
Type: Outsider (Native)
Armor Class: Natural armor bonus increases by +2
Special Qualities & Defenses: Darkvision 60 feet; Low-light Vision; Immunity to Sleep, Dazed, and Bleed; Fire Immunity; Weakness to Cold
Speed: +10 ft. to all movement speed types
Melee: All attacks with melee weapons or unarmed deal an extra +1d6 fire damage to enemies.
Special Abilities: Flame Breath - 30 foot cone, 1d10 fire + 1d10 damage per hit die. Once every four hours.
White Flame - You create a strong white flame that has healing benefits and can cast the following spells: cure light wounds *at will*, cure moderate wounds 3/day, cure serious wounds 1/day, cure critical wounds 1/day
Breath of Life: Flame Breath transforms into healing for self and allies.
Blessing of the Red: While at 40% or less hp, healing of any type is doubled and you can convert fire spells into healing spells or healing spells into fire damage spells.
Abilities: +4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Int, +4 Cha
Feats: Bonus Feats at levels 1, 5, 10, 15, 20
Skills: +2 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, & Intimidate checks

Party Role: Ranged Blaster/enemy debuffer

Physical Traits: Horned, Hair made of flame, eyes glow with inner fire. Burnished bronze skin, coal-black nails and teeth. Tattoos on chest (The Sun), back (the Arch-Phoenix), and arms (Entwining flames)

Mental Traits: Quick-witted, high levels of sass, confident.

(BONUS) Trappings of the Totem: His fire spells are all colored by the Arch-Phoenix, causing projectiles to look and sound like temporary firebirds, or explosions that leave behind spread-winged flashes of flame and smoke. His flaming mane of hair spins out licks of white fire that form a halo over the crown formed of his horns. Fire damage absorbed by his granted immunity siphon into his halo.

Background: Thranodyne was a first generation elemental-blooded; his parents were normal human, yet he was born so completely changed. He was selected at a young age to become the inheritor of the Arch-Phoenix's mantle, as his predecessor had foreseen their passing in the coming years. The training under the prior champion was brutal, but Thranodyne eventually persevered and showed a burning hot combination of talent and dedication that earned the Arch-Phoenix's favor.
Thranodyne went where he would for a few years, gathering experience and learning to use his own magical ability in new ways. A number of times he only barely managed to escape with his life intact, but each near-fatal encounter only drove him to burn hotter and brighter, until upon the day he took on the mantle he had become a miniature sun. Metaphorically of course. Mostly.

RP SAMPLE The village of Lamec did their best to evacuate in an orderly fashion. It was late at night, on a new moon, so the only light they had to work by was the lights they brought with them; Torches, lanterns, even a few candles carried by the weak and infirm. The population of Lamec were moving as silently as possible, mothers shushing their children, while many animals towed on ropes had their mouths bound. They fled down the main street of the village, heading out the south gate and onto the main dirt road that would eventually lead them to the only trade route that reached the nearest full city.
As they fled, a few of the young or curious would look back the way they came, to the gates on the opposite side of the log palisade that stood as the village's defenses.
Defenses they knew would not stand. Not while there were raiders on the way.
All that they could see of their precious village was an orange light on the far side of the gate. A light cast by the body of a single individual. Clad in black cloth with deep orange underlayers, a bronze-skinned man stood in front of the gates with his back to the village, looking out into the darkness. His shining gold eyes peered through the darkness as he grit his obsidian teeth.
As much as they fled because of the bandits and raiders, the village had left at the insistence of the Ifrit who stood watch. A suggestion, more than anything else. The man didn't care for the buildings, but lives... lives were more precious.
"Come on... why are you all so slow?" the man grumbled, swiping a hand through a mane of burning flames that was his hair. His hairline was broken up by a pair of smoking charcoal-like horns that flanked the sides of his head and swept back like a crown of embers.
An arrow shot out of the darkness, piercing the sky as it bore down on the ifrit standing guard. Just outside of the man's reach, however, the arrow seemed to encounter a wall of intense heat, combusting. Ash and molten iron splattered against the ifrit's chest, of which he merely brushed the molten metal off of him with a look of annoyance. "Oh, there you are." The Ifrit observed, watching the bandits melt out of the darkness outside of the light he was casting. Sixty men and women, the thug he had captured earlier had said. Sixty bandits, dead set on taking everything they could from Lamec, and destroying anything they couldn't take with them.
The Ifrit shook his head, looking over the assembling crowds who were staring at him. Their eyes seemed hollow, remorseless, almost dead inside.
"Look, you all still have one last chance to surrender, and I promise I'll let you live." The ifrit offered, extending a hand to them.
A number of the bandits chuckled, and others just raised their bows or crossbows in his direction. One man, a burly guy with a large falchion, pointed his weapon at the Ifrit and spat on the ground.
"Yay." The man said sarcastically. "I was hoping you'd say that."
His palms burst into flames, and the fire spilled from his hands to the ground. Where they fell, the flames snaked out across the ground, drawing a burning line that shot out into the darkness, encircling the bandits. As the line grew, jets of fire sputtered and roared, reaching ten feet in height. The bandits recoiled from the waves of heat coming off the wall. They were trapped in a burning ring of fire
"From here on out." he called out, his eyes shining bright like the sun itself burned within his head."You're out of last chances."
The screaming was only for a short time, but for a brief time, the villagers of Lamec fled their village in fear as the screams of the bandits sang from there to the distant mountains.
Stat BlockThranodyne
Male ifrit sorcerer 10 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 160)
CG Medium outsider (native)
Init +10; Senses darkvision 60 ft, Low-Light Vision.; Perception +14
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 22, touch 18, flat-footed 16 (+2 Armor, +2 deflection, +6 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 92 (10d6+50)
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +11
Immune dazzled, Sleep, Dazed, Bleed; Resist fire 20
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th; concentration +21)
. . 1/day—burning hands (DC 26)
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 10th; concentration +21)
. . 5th (5/day)—fire snake[APG] (DC 30)
. . 4th (7/day)—detonate[APG] (DC 29), shield of the dawnflower[ISWG], wall of fire
. . 3rd (9/day)—daylight, fireball (DC 28), heroism, protection from energy
. . 2nd (9/day)—burning arc (DC 27), false life, fury of the sun[ARG] (DC 23), protection from arrows, scorching ray
. . 1st (9/day)—brightest night, burning hands (DC 26), feather fall, mage armor, searing light, vanish[APG] (DC 22)
. . 0 (at will)—arcane mark, detect magic, drench[UM] (DC 21), flare (DC 23), jolt[UM], mage hand, prestidigitation, read magic, spark[APG] (DC 23)
. . Bloodline Solar
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 23, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 32
Base Atk +5; CMB +11; CMD 24
Feats Agile Maneuvers, Combat Expertise, Deadly Aim, Elemental Focus (fire)[APG], Eschew Materials, Firesight[ARG], Greater Elemental Focus[APG], Greater Spell Focus (evocation), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Power Attack, Quicken Spell, Spell Focus (evocation), Steadfast Mind
Traits fiery glare, gifted adept
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+10 to jump), Bluff +19, Handle Animal +21, Intimidate +24, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (geography) +13, Perception +14, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +16, Use Magic Device +19
Languages Common, Ignan
SQ bloodline arcana (fire spells deal +1 damage per die), cleansing flame (2d8+10), finesse weapon attack attribute, fire in the blood[ARG]
Combat Gear +1 Silken ceremonial armor, runestone of power (1st)[ACG] (4), wand of color spray, wand of cure light wounds, wand of detect secret doors, wand of endure elements (50 charges), wand of summon monster i; Other Gear cloak of resistance +1, handy haversack, headband of alluring charisma +6, ring of protection +2, bedroll, belt pouch, mess kit[UE], pot, soap, speed sheath[UW], speed sheath[UW], trail rations (5), waterskin, 245 gp, 1 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Agile Maneuvers Use DEX instead of STR for CMB
Blood Havoc (Sorcerer Bloodline Power [1st]) +1 dam per die for spells belonging to bloodline or spell focus school.
Bloodline Arcana: Solar (Ex) +1 damage per die for fire spells.
Cleansing Flame (2d8+10, 2/day) (Su) Std action, touch heals and removes a chosen condition.
Combat Expertise +/-2 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Deadly Aim -2/+4 Trade a penalty to ranged attacks for a bonus to ranged damage.
Elemental Focus (Fire) +1 DC to spells that deal damage of the chosen energy.
Energy Resistance, Fire (20) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Finesse Weapon Attack Attribute Finesse weapons use on attack rolls.
Fire in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round whenever you take fire damage.
Firesight You can see through fire and smoke without penalty, ignoring cover or concealment.
Greater Elemental Focus (Fire) +1 DC to spells that deal damage of the chosen energy.
Greater Spell Focus (Evocation) +1 to the Save DC of spells from one school.
Immunity to Dazzled You are immune to the dazzled condition.
Power Attack -2/+4 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Quicken Spell Cast a spell as a swift action. +4 Levels.
Spell Focus (Evocation) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
Steadfast Mind (Charisma) If fail to cast spell of chosen attribute defensively, retain the spell (Will DC 15+spell level).
Phoenix Melee All attacks with melee weapons or unarmed deal an extra +1d6 fire damage to enemies.

Last edited by Runetide; Jun 20th, 2022 at 06:10 PM. Reason: ENHANCE!
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 06:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
It looks like the previous alchemist mentioned in Searubus's RP sample died and Thranodyne replaced them. That would make a good RP sample for you, @Runetide~