RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 18th, 2022, 07:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7063
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Yasir bin Estefan - Merchant Prince
right-aligned image

Name: Yasir bin Estefan

Race: Human

Class: Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 10 (Will be Taking Noble Scion if he gets to 11th)

Chosen Shrine: Simorgh the Wind Guardian - Air

Character Sheet: Character Sheet

Party Role: Skill User, Mercantile Resources, Non-magical Support/Debuffing, Through Healers Hands Feat and the Heal Skill UnlockNon-magical Healing. Diplomat.

Physical Traits: A physically plain-looking, if extravagantly dressed, Human from the sandy Dune-lands, close to the border of the Known/Unknown Lands. He is well into his middle years, so there are now ever increasing patches of grey in his formerly dark hair and beard, and after a few years of too much good living, he is starting to look a little portly (a victim of his own success perhaps).

Mental Traits:
While his looks are plain, his wits are sharp, and few are the people who can beat him at the Negotiations Table!
Despite his former insistence that he has retired from Adventuring (which he said with a twinkle in his eye) he was almost overeager at the prospect of risking his plump hide in a desolate hole once again.
After the treatment his father received, he holds a personal hatred of all forms of Slavery.

Background:
•Born into a wealthy family, which ran into debt after his father allowed the family business to fail while heartbroken from the death of his wife.
•Turned to Adventuring in order to restore (and eventually expand upon) his family's fortune, as well as to save his father from indentured servitude at the hands of the corrupt and greedy Caliph of Surrahkeen, Yasir's home town.
•Saved a devotee of Simorgh the Wind Guardian from slavery and helped her re-establish the Divine Beast's Sacred Shrine, earning him her and Simorgh's gratitude. When the devotee died a few years later, Yasir was chosen to take her place.
•Engaged in a lengthy crusade against the Caliph (who was eventually revealed to be a Rakshasa), with the help of a band of thieves and Adventurers, who called themselves "The Golden Band", eventually overthrowing the Caliph, who they replaced with one of their number, an illegitimate Child of the Real Caliph (before he had been murdered and replaced by the Rakshasa).
•Used the profits from his Adventuring days to pay off his family's debt, release his father (who had been sold on to a distant Merchant, but who was now in debt himself), and establish a new family business, that was even larger than the original, with branches in most of the major towns, and even in the City of Eldir itself!
•Lives with his Father in his impressive Mansion (called Dunkillin), and pays for all of the living expenses for them both.

Cohort WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Estefan bin Abadard
Class: Alchemist 8
Party Role: Support, Crafter, Healer, AoE Damage
Physical Traits: Overweight, bald, dress for comfort instead of for appearance,
Mental Traits: Loving life after a lengthy period of enforced servitude. He is both fiercely proud and protective of Yasir, and seems eager to support him in his endeavours, whether it involves business or his more dangerous adventures. He tries to set his Yasir up with any available woman of marriageable age, in a desperate attempt to see his son married before he passes. This, along with Estefan's almost constant "Dad-jokes", are wearying to Yasir, but he puts up with it as he is just grateful to have his father back at last.
Background:
Yasir's Father, was devastated after the death of his wife, neglected his business, and got heavily into debt. Eventually, the moneylenders ended up taking everything he owned. After everything was gone, the "Caliph's" Tax Collectors came calling, demanding he pay based on his previous wealth. He had nothing, so he was forced to "Work off his debt" to the Caliph. Eventually, his "debt" was sold on to a Merchant from a different town, so he didn't learn of the unmasking and defeat of the Caliph until his son, Yasir, came for him. It was a tearful reunion, and Estefan could scarcely believe the change in Yasir, as well as everything he had endured and achieved. He went back to Yasir's new home and business, and was astonished by everything. This was a level of luxury and economic success that Estefan had never reached. His son lived in a MANSION, servants were on hand to bring them anything they desired, and the Family Business reached as far as the Capital! Estefan could retire and live out his remaining years in peace and comfort, but he would have felt that he owed it to his son to support him however he could. He crafts items for the business or that he thinks his son might find useful, and accompanies him whenever he hoes somewhere dangerous.

Cohort Character Sheet

Last edited by triedtherest; Jun 23rd, 2022 at 05:31 AM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 08:11 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88207
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Name: Aisha Tanzi Azaridad
Race: Changeling
Class: Witch
Chosen Shrine: Air
Party Role: Debuffer/Battlefield Control
left-aligned image

Old Jun 18th, 2022, 09:00 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
It looks like the previous alchemist mentioned in Searubus's RP sample died and Thranodyne replaced them. That would make a good RP sample for you, @Runetide~
From what I have figured, there are a number of holders of the title over the ages, he could have been a historic figure that he was referring to as an anecdote. But I will certainly keep it in mind while finishing my application.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 09:52 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8271
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Majet Songwarbler
Class: Skald (Ancestral Warrior)
Chosen Shrine: Vulcan the Forgemaster (Metal)
Party Role: Melee combat; Combat support; Storyteller. Face.

Physical Traits: Majet is short, only 5'2" tall, slender and moves with the grace of a dancer. She has red hair and large green eyes and, at first appears to be gentle and caring. When in battle, she changes and her strength and martial ability come to the fore. Singing rousing battle songs, she fights in the front rank using her greatsword, and the sight of her slim figure engaging with larger foes brings out the protective feelings in her allies.

Mental Traits: Majet is an inspiring person to be around. She is always happy to tell tales of the world she was born into and of those who came before her. The fact that she loves nature, and is inquisitive about all forms of knowledge means that she constantly records the things she sees. She uses these elements to create stories that inspire those around her. She has a song for every situation; and a situation in which to sing every song. She is a natural leader, and this allows her to lead without using the authority of her position. She inspires those around her and people do things the way she likes them done out of respect rather than fear.

Background: Majet was raised deep in the forests by her mother, who had settled to live and work with an nature priest and act as the local smith. Her father was not a subject which came up much, he had died before her birth and she knew he had been a leader of the Clan of the Forge but little else. When she was young, she explored the surrounding woods learning a wide range of things about nature, magic and stories of people and places. Yet, there was a dark side to her and she became enraged when others did not treat nature with the respect she expected them to. She learned the art of smithing from her mother, enjoying making wind instruments in particular, and with her skills in the use of weapons, and her clear leadership ability, she was initiated a local clan, becoming a battle shamen. News of her passion for knowledge and ability as a warrior spread, and one day a stranger arrived to speak to her mother.

When she left her home, aged 13, with Rhys Hornbeak the legendary hero of the Forge Clan, she thought it was only to be trained by him at the Shrine. She did not realise that she had been chosen to be the next bearer of Foeslasher, a greatsword said to have been made by Vulcan himself, or that her father had been the bearer before Rhys. Rhys took her to the shrine where she was trained learning more battle skills and also the legends and songs of the Clan. When Rhys was killed in battle, he passed the sword onto her and a new partnership was formed.

Majet has spent the past 8 years serving the Shrine as a Champion, and the tales of her adventures add to the glory of the greatsword and the Forge Clan. She lives for those moments when she can sing songs of glory and throw herself into battle, and her life is given to the service of the Clan.

She is guided by an old adage that Rhys taught her. There is no such thing as a piece of useless information. Just information whose time has not yet arrived.

Personality: Majet has an insatiable curiosity which leads her to ask questions and stick her nose into things that are not necessarily her business. She loves to entertain, and will take any opportunity to do so. She is a talented performer and uses magic to enhance her performance whenever she can.

She loves knowledge of all types but particularly legends. She has a fascination with the cultures that produce the sagas she learns and performs. She has a passion for following ideas and lines of enquiry through and likes to investigate issues until she finds a solution, and knows the underlying cause. Her mind flits from one idea to the next and this can seem chaotic to those around her but it is her ability to draw conclusions from widely different facts that is her greatest strength.

She is also capable of being very quiet and absorbed when she is focusing on a subject, either written or in person. She enjoys reading, or listening to others, and will sit quietly and ask incisive questions to get to the nub of an issue.

She has few friends. Rhys knew her better than most and, apart her parents, is the only individual she has personal ties to. Most observers see her as a chatterbox entertainer rather than the committed warrior and scholar that she is in reality. Maybe the Red hair and green eyes set in a sweet face help them to this conclusion; or maybe it is the fact that she never takes herself too seriously.

RP Sample: The enemy were forming up at the base of the ridge on which the Forge Clan stood. In the centre of the line on the ridge, a group of large warriors, well armoured and carrying halbards, stood around a shorted, slim figure in a fine breastplate, and carrying a greatsword in a harness across her back. Red hair peaked from beneath the figure's helm, and bright eyes looked down on the foe. This was clearly the leader of the Forge Clan warriors; the larger warriors stood back from the figure in respect leaving them to prepare themselves for the battle to come.

Majet looked down at the enemy, and then along the lines of clansmen on either side of her. The Clan were outnumbered 3 to 1, but had height advantage. Their charge would be multiplied while the archers would be able to outshoot the enemies. A grim smile played across her face as images of the past scanned across her mind. Aged 13, sparring with Rhys outside her mothers house. Aged 15, leaving the shrine armoured for war to fight alongisde Rhys for the first time. Aged 18, watching the giant foe cutting Rhys down and the greatswird being held out to her. The feeling of completeness as she grasped the hilt and cut down the foe and of despair that Rhys has gone. Aged 21, being hailed by the Clan after a great victory against the orcs. Aged 26, looking up at the man she loved, and who stood behind her now. Last night, sitting around the campfire with her clansmen singing songs and telling tales to keep their morale up and prepare them for battle That thought brought her back to the present. Her hands rose and drew Foeslasher from its scabbard. The great sword flashed in the sunlight as it came to rest across her shoulder and the smile on her face changed. Her face lit up and the beam reached her eyes. This is her purpose. To fight and lead the Clan in battle.

She gestures and her companions form a wedge behind her and the movement brings all the Clan of the Forge into their battle positions. She pauses and then starts to sing, and as she does the rest of the Clan join her.
" "The Lord of the Forge, he needed servants,
He formed a Clan from steel and mesh,
Honour and Loyalty, give us presence
Clan of the Forge, Bull's flesh
Stand and fight with all your might! "
As the song continues, she draws on the powers given to her by Vulcan and grows in size, the growth giving her a more bull like appearance as well as doubling her height. She bellows at the enemy then waves her sword in the signal for the archers to open fire. After 5 volleys of arrows have flown, she starts to trot forwards and to sing of the Legend of Foeslasher. As the wedge moves down the hill, she summons the rage of the Lord of the Forge and builds it into her song. Spirits start to fly around her just before she hits the enemy line and then the slaughter starts.

Foeslasher swings in great arcs, cutting through foes who are already damaged by the spirits that fly around her, and it rips limbs from warriors, soon making a hole in the line of foes. Brave warrior charge Majet, but her speed and awareness mean she cuts them down. After a minute in which 20 warriors and one of their champions falls to the mighty blade, the song she sings changes and the enemy feel that their doom is upon them. Terror catches hold and they begin to buckle before they run, followed by the Clan's less armoured warriors who harry them as they flee. Majet stops singing, and her size reduces. Another chapter in the Legend of Foeslasher is complete. The Clan of the Forge have another victory.

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Jun 21st, 2022 at 06:24 AM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 11:07 AM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1447
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
I love the interest and level of work put into the applications so far!!! Thank you all!

*I may have let out a little squee seeing such awesome applications for my little ole game.*

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 11:24 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Asterisk View Post
I love the interest and level of work put into the applications so far!!! Thank you all!

*I may have let out a little squee seeing such awesome applications for my little ole game.*
I'm still working on the build, gear, etc. But I think I have the basics of the character done. I may expand on the narrative and the background a bit later. I'm totally up for feedback along the way, though!
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 02:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7063
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I'm still working on the build, gear, etc. But I think I have the basics of the character done. I may expand on the narrative and the background a bit later. I'm totally up for feedback along the way, though!
I have mine partially underway as well, though there is only so much I can do without ability scores.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 02:43 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
I have mine partially underway as well, though there is only so much I can do without ability scores.
I used the racial bonuses and the ones granted by the totem beast, but am otherwise at baseline as well. I'll know *better* what my character is capable of once we know what the stat generation will be. With how bonkers epic the character design space is, I hope it's something equally fun!

I'm actually all done now, except for the ability scores. Gear's purchased, etc. I'm going to be doing a LOT of fire damage...

Last edited by Runetide; Jun 18th, 2022 at 02:44 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 02:58 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
I've decided to go with the following array for ability scores: 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13.

Old Jun 18th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4723
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
O.O I won't complain. Wasn't expecting Kahina's strength to be as high as it will be, but that fits what I have written I guess~
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 03:18 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Asterisk View Post
I've decided to go with the following array for ability scores: 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13.
Yeah that's perf. :P
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 03:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4723
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
What about cohort stats? I've never had a cohort before. ^//^
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 03:39 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Champions are champions. They are far more gifted than those around them. That, and the dangers you'll be facing. You'll need more than swords and spells to get past some of the challenges. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Cohorts will use 25 point buy for abilities.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 18th, 2022 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 03:51 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
I realized after collecting all the shrine bonuses that I'm also now a seriously good healer. I dig it.

I think I'm done now. My character has his stat block up, which if you have any thoughts on I'll gladly hear it.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 03:52 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88207
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I'm actually all done now, except for the ability scores. Gear's purchased, etc. I'm going to be doing a LOT of fire damage...
Wow... you purchased gear for a 10th level PC?

and some of the rest of you all have statted them up part way too?

Y'all have more energy for this stage of an application than I have.. 10th level is a big work up for me.. feats, skills, and scores is a day or more, gear is at least two days.

Wow. I am Impressed.