RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 18th, 2022, 04:03 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
Wow... you purchased gear for a 10th level PC?

and some of the rest of you all have statted them up part way too?

Y'all have more energy for this stage of an application than I have.. 10th level is a big work up for me.. feats, skills, and scores is a day or more, gear is at least two days.

Wow. I am Impressed.
I have HeroLab, which makes that a lot easier!
In addition, I used to WORK for Lonewolfdevelopment, who made hero lab. I've been making characters for a decade and doing a 10th level character isn't that difficult at that point. (I also have like 1000+ characters of different levels and builds in my backup hard drive. That is NOT an exaggeration.)
Honestly, I already had the character half-generated in my head by the point I started the app because I already made a character like that before so I just made use of the experience to put together my character quickly. I'm sure there are flaws in the design, but until those come up I feel pretty confident I can handle a fair amount of stuff

Last edited by Runetide; Jun 18th, 2022 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 04:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5073
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Seekr34 -- it looks like the DM of this game doesn't allow the Ranger class. If you want favored enemy: undead I'm not sure how you'll get it.
WOW, I missed that! I just assumed all the basic classes are allowed. No biggie. Wanted Rogue/Shandowdancer, but Shadowdancer not allowed either, so went with ranger. Ah well, I'll just with a full rogue then or fighter/rogue, have to play around a bit.

Just saw that no limits on prestige classes. so gonna go with rogue/shadowdancer

Last edited by Seekr34; Jun 18th, 2022 at 04:43 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 04:41 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 80451
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I have HeroLab, which makes that a lot easier!
In addition, I used to WORK for Lonewolfdevelopment, who made hero lab. I've been making characters for a decade and doing a 10th level character isn't that difficult at that point. (I also have like 1000+ characters of different levels and builds in my backup hard drive. That is NOT an exaggeration.)
Honestly, I already had the character half-generated in my head by the point I started the app because I already made a character like that before so I just made use of the experience to put together my character quickly. I'm sure there are flaws in the design, but until those come up I feel pretty confident I can handle a fair amount of stuff
so what I hear you saying is that you cheated, by being good at it and using a cool tool.

Got it.

Excuse me... I have to burn some wood now, to make charcoal, so I can press it into a stick, and use it on my stone tablet to mark up a PC sheet for the game. I need to make the stone tablet, too. Going to be busy couple of days!
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 04:42 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
WOW, I missed that! I just assumed all the basic classes are allowed. No biggie. Wanted Rogue/Shandowdancer, but Shadowdancer not allowed either, so went with ranger. Ah well, I'll just with a full rogue then or fighter/rogue, have to play around a bit.
Yeah, I had three ideas in mind, before I noticed the classes involved weren't on the list too.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 05:44 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
so what I hear you saying is that you cheated, by being good at it and using a cool tool.

Got it.

Excuse me... I have to burn some wood now, to make charcoal, so I can press it into a stick, and use it on my stone tablet to mark up a PC sheet for the game. I need to make the stone tablet, too. Going to be busy couple of days!
Oh, soooorry I made use of the tools that were available to me! How are you posting on the internet with a stone tablet? The stone ones take FOREVER to refresh a page.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
How are you posting on the internet with a stone tablet?
I use AOL.

Dial up. They practically GIVE away these disk things.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 06:01 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Did I miss the answer on traits?

standard 2?
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah it was 2
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 10:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Runetide, very nice, program. I usually do pretty well except for equipment, that usually takes me awhile.

DM, my app is done.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 11:22 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
I'll take a look at all the applications. Thrilled so far!
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 11:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
I have mulled this over for a few days and with both games i am in dead now i have decided to try my hand, though every time i try to play a necromancer the game dies so i am hoping that won't be the case this time as it looks like a very interesting concept.

Name: Ash Bell Grace
Race: Peri-BloodedAasimar
Class: Arcanist 7/ Agent of the grave 3
Chosen Shrine: Nergal the Foul - Plague
Party Role: Ranged damage, hp soak, large-scale combat if needed, backup party face

Physical Traits: A slender and well-muscled man, Ash stands at six feet tall and weighs around two hundred pounds. His skin is pale, most people mistake it as him not getting enough sun, and his dark red hair hangs straight framing his faces angular features. He has bright blue eyes, the color of stars shimmering in the nights sky. A single scar mars his otherwise perfect face just under his right eye, about an inch long. Ash looks like an intimidating human man, but his hands are where his status as a champion took form. One is so thin it looks almost skeletal in nature, while the other is marked with oozing sores.
He wears black robes adorned with silver chains and white runes along the collar and wrists. A pair of gloves cover his hands, one white and one black with silver runes on the black and onyx runes on the white. He has an ornate athame hanging from his leather belt. In his hand is a straight smooth white staff that most people this is made of bone but its made of wood, the top criss crosses like roots that are entangling a black gemstone.

Mental Traits: Balance, the one word that rings within Ash’s mind. A balance between good and evil, and between life, death, and undeath. He believes that a balance must be in place for the cosmos to continue and although he never thought about his role in that cosmos until his late teens, he was thrust into the role of guarding the realm of the undead against zealots who cannot think about anything aside from good and evil. He is strikingly handsome but not conceded about it. He wants to lend a hand when he can but knows that not lending a hand can also be the correct choice and finding the courage to do that is something he strives for. To his friends he is a bit of a cold person but helps when needed, they will tell you that Ash is not ruled by his emotions and makes mostly logical decisions. To his enemies he is ruthless, he has no qualms about striking someone down if they are going to attack him. He sees the random souls of the world as just being caught in the struggle and unless they seek help, he refuses to life a finger for them.

Background: Ash was born in a quiet village that no one remembers anymore, to parents who died in the calamity as their village was attacked by monsters. When the armies arrived, they found a nineteen-year-old standing atop a pile of monster bodies holding a farmer’s scythe covered in blood and gore from head to toe. When he saw the army, he collapsed of exhaustion and slept for a few days before waking and being questioned. He told them that he was asleep when the monsters came, and he only awoke when a voice in his dreams told him that he would be empowered enough to stop the monsters. Then he was shown images of the villagers being slaughtered, images he thought were of future events, but they weren’t. They were of events unfolding at the same time. He told the voice that he accepted, and the voice took form, a huge crocodilian man with a ram’s head stood in front of him and said good, now go my champion and spread undeath and grow my army.

With that the story he told the soldiers went into how he had come out of his home to see the destruction and on instinct he grabbed the nearest thing he could use as a weapon and started killing monsters. He killed monsters for two days non-stop until the army arrived. The soldiers didn’t want to believe his story but over the course of the next few encounters with hordes of monsters they had no choice but to accept Ashs’ story as truth. While the higher ups never told the common soldiers about Ash it didn’t matter, they began calling him Reaper ash after seeing him on the battlefield. Soon Ash began to raise the corpses of humanoid monsters and asking the soldiers if they wanted to continue the fight after they die, many of whom declined disgusted with the thought of becoming an undead but some accepted…some even wanted to follow Ash and learn from him.

Through the years Ash has become known as many things, a butcher by his enemies and anyone who would cast a dark light upon him. A wicked sinful man by those who only see good an evil and don’t know him, and as a bulwark who uses his powers to defend those who cannot defend themselves. Now he rarely leaves the large graveyard that he resides in, spending his time patrolling the crypts during the day, and the streets of the city at night.

RP Sample:
“ASH! ASH RUN!” *Squelching sounds*
“Oh gods no plea-“ *Squelching sounds*
“My leg oh please.” *Squelching sounds*
“In my mind these sights and sound play repeatedly, every night. I never saw this happen…. somehow I slept through the screams, roars, and killing in my village.” Ash wipes the sweat from his brow and sits up from the cold hard stone where he had been sleeping “These damned nightmares, I don’t even recognize the voices.” Swinging his legs over the edge of the stone coffin he stands up with a sigh and starts to dress. “Why is it I must live with people dying in my dreams every night? Is it supposed to be prophetic dreams or something?” he looks around the nearly empty crypt room and then back to Morris. A smile creeps onto his lips as he buckles his belt and he nods “Thanks Morris, for listening and not judging me.” He claps Morris on the shoulder and the skeletons bones raddle slightly “Well, its time for patrol. Lets see if any of our guild mates wanna go with us tonight shall we?” Morris nods slightly with an intelligence that most skeletons don’t have and follows its master from the room into the cold dark hallways.

Build:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash bell grace.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	96183  

Last edited by Rylus; Jun 24th, 2022 at 10:01 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 11:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Rylus, I can relate. The first few years when trying to play a dhampir, I either didn't get picked or the game died within a month. Now, it's been much better, Hopefully, you won't have to wait so long.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 12:08 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LanceTheMan LanceTheMan
I apologize, it's later at night, but is there a deadline for applications? This seems like an incredibly awesome premise and I'd love to toss my hat into the ring.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 12:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3263
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
I'm technically done with Yemoja/Kahina, just working on the cohort, Ellie, now. Which is going to be a lot of work, so I've decided to wait until I get in, if I get in, to finish that step.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 04:11 AM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
Deadline will be June 30th. I welcome all applications but don't look forward to picking only 6.