RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 19th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 80451
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Asterisk View Post
Deadline will be June 30th. I welcome all applications but don't look forward to picking only 6.
Yup... June 30th, you are going to have a lot of work ahead of you.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 11:28 AM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
Or maybe sooner if interest drops drastically!? We'll all find out together.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 01:25 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 80451
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
What interest? There's no interest here at all, anymore, is there people?

Did you guys see that mud drying the other day? It was cool, wasn't it? The way it just changed color and stuff as it got hotter. Whoo eeeee. Pretty nifty.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 06:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Question- what does Nergal look like? how does it act?
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 06:50 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Nergal has a crocodilian-like body with a head like a ram skull and luminous yellow eyes. He is bipedal, wears ragged black robes and his flesh is bloated in some places with oozing pustules and rotted to the bone in other places. He has a long, thick draconic tail that ends in barbed quills. His arms are humanoid and end in long bony claws. Nergal's motivations are said to be the spread of disease and pestilence upon the world as well as the proliferation of undead beings. It is said he invented most of the types of undead, but this may be hyperbole. What is known is that where Nergal's followers tread, undead soon follow. He and his followers are looked at with skepticism and aren't trusted by many. He has a small roster of champions, but they are known to get results.

The following info is knowledge for you and not known to npcs in the game. Nergal is secretive and reviled by all the other divine beasts except for Oneiros, his only ally. He is a spiteful, hateful creature that despises life and would love nothing more than to turn them all into undead and leave a necrotic wasteland in its stead. Why doesn't he do more? His cults are small and scattered and the others would crush him. Thestalon and Parshah would love nothing more than to do so, but balance must be kept and disease is a part of life. Botanica doesn't mind disease and plagues, but hates his undead and plots against life. Nergal doesn't commune with his followers much, but urges them toward secret experiments with undeath, diseases, and other such nasty business. He does commune with his champions and it is they that a view into his true plans. While reality remains torn and his existence on the brink, Nergal chooses the heroic route. For now...

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 19th, 2022 at 07:11 PM.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
If two players have rival beasts like Thestalon and Nergal as their totems, would that force them to fight each other?

I ask because getting PVP dropped on your lap can leave a bad taste in a game.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 08:01 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
No, pvp shouldn't be an issue. The threat in this game comes from monsters coming from other worlds rather than infighting between divine beings. There may be some dislike or skepticism, but even Nergal is in favor of banding together to face a wider threat. The combat in the game will come from outside the party. I have a good assortment of creatures and boss monsters for the party. With the right skills, some combat can be avoided and perhaps some of the invaders can become allies. *shrugs*

Nergal needs living followers to retain power. Undead doesn't give him any "mojo," so he'll plot and scheme, but what his champion does is separate. Your divine beasts won't control your actions or force you into anything. They may relay side quests to you, but it'll be your choice. You won't lose powers like a paladin for going against the divine beasts. This isn't that kind of game. The beasts will remain background for the most part. This is all about the champions, so I hope I assuage your concerns.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 19th, 2022 at 08:14 PM.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 08:15 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7487
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63

I see some excellent submissions already. I hope I haven't missed my chance here.
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Asterisk View Post
No, pvp shouldn't be an issue. The threat in this game comes from monsters coming from other worlds rather than infighting between divine beings. There may be some dislike or skepticism, but even Nergal is in favor of banding together to face a wider threat. The combat in the game will come from outside the party. I have a good assortment of creatures and boss monsters for the party. With the right skills, some combat can be avoided and perhaps some of the invaders can become allies. *shrugs*

Nergal needs living followers to retain power. Undead doesn't give him any "mojo," so he'll plot and scheme, but what his champion does is separate. Your divine beasts won't control your actions or force you into anything. They may relay side quests to you, but it'll be your choice. You won't lose powers like a paladin for going against the divine beasts. This isn't that kind of game. The beasts will remain background for the most part. This is all about the champions, so I hope I assuage your concerns.
You answered all my concerns and then some!
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 08:40 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics

I'm happy to have addressed your concerns. Tee-hee!
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 11:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3263
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
I'm curious about Usumgallu, since I have them and Kahina having a closer-than-standard-with-a-divine-beast (not like that) relationship.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 19th, 2022 at 11:23 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 01:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Asterisk

Ok that answers one of my questions before i asked it. So i plan on my character believing in a sort of balance between the living and undead, would this be acceptable?
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 08:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5201
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Do you have have any information on Simorgh the Wind Guardian? The image I have in my head is of an almost Djinn-like figure, which is part of the reason why I thought it might be a thematically fitting choice for Yasir.

Also, can we use Crafting to increase our starting Equipment?
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Usumgallu was said to be a mortal dragon that ascended to become a divine beast, but this is just legend. Usumgallu is actually the son of a primordial divine dragon and was once concerned with protecting the weak and shielding the righteous from wicked powers. He is called the fallen because before the shrines were sealed, he loved a pure heart and she was viciously taken from him. The wound was so deep, he turned from his duties and became a divine beast not of protection, but of apathy. He started dark experiments with dragons and produced some draconic monstrosities under his cult's control. The types of people his cult attracted also changed, with darker purposes. Sparks of his old self have reappeared with his new champion Kahina. She reminds him of his pure-hearted soul that he knew in the past, so his heart is rekindling and the old Usumgallu (Great One) may just return. Since the shrines have come back, Usumgallu has become more of a grumpy hermit rather than the dark version of long ago. Thestalon and Parshah certainly hope their old ally returns to greatness.

Ermine- Yes, this would be perfectly fine. Nergal won't mind either, as long as undead are being created and plagues are raging, he's good.

Simorgh appears as a huge bird, akin to a roc with blue and green plumage. The wind roars wherever he flies and it's said he travels in great sandstorms. This may be a legend or could be true, but Simorgh would have to enter the mortal realm to do such. More than just a beautiful bird, Simorgh is adorned with gold and jewels that match his plumage. Usumgallu and Simorgh were once dual divine beasts of protection, with Simorgh protecting places of value and travelers chiefly. Simorgh is also a very intelligent and wise divine beast, giving council to those that seek it. He is thought to be part of a triad of siblings with Thestalon and Inaktuzu, but this is uncertain. Simorgh is slow to anger and never lets emotion lead his actions. Simorgh is served by air elemental beings and could be allied or served by djinn. Simorgh's cult is large in the southern deserts of Eldir where they serve as caravan guards and patrol the trade routes for donations and food/water. The shrine guards are famous for their professional demeanor and elite training. They are a blessing in the harsh environment and Simorgh makes sure to keep them safe.

Yes, you can craft to supplement your items if you want.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 20th, 2022 at 12:37 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 11:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3263
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
What kind of dragon is closest to what Usumgallu is, for the purposes of my cohort's bloodline?