twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 20th, 2022, 12:10 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk Dark Asterisk
Usumgallu has the blood of all the chromatic dragons: red, white, blue, black, & green, so any of those would be fine. Dragons aren't good or evil based on their color in this setting but based on their own goals and actions. Tiamat exists in this setting and may be Usumgallu's mother, but he was never evil like her although his fall may hint at his lineage.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 12:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3263
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Basically what I figured, then. I guess I'll just go with the cohort having black dragon ancestry.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good to me.

Grandarg looks like a great ape carved from basalt with veins of precious metal and gemstone eyes.

Parshah has the appearance of a white lion with wings and a halo of pure light above his head like a crown. His eyes radiate intense light like the sun.

Erebus has multiple guises depending on his mood, but his most common forms are that of enormous serpents and lizards. Regardless of his form, shadows billow from him and he appears darker than the blackest black. His eyes sparkle in the dark but appear dull in the light.

Vulcan takes the appearance of a great metal bull or a humanoid bull. Iron, steel, or bronze are common colors he uses.

Oneiros often takes the shape of a hybrid animal. He has the qualities of a: dragon, deer, fox, and eagle. This form shifts with his mood and the dominant animal changes by his whim. Regardless of form, his eyes glow a deep red and shed crimson light.

Botanica often appears as a giant tortoise, a slender otter, or a gigantic hummingbird depending on where she is. In all her forms, she appears to be made of plant life endemic to her surroundings.

Iltannain's appearance changes depending on who is looking at Iltannain, but the form is always a multi-headed dragon of some sort. Size also varies by viewer.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 20th, 2022 at 01:11 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 01:25 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9287
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Is there anything about Thestalon that I could learn?

Like descriptions would be nice, though I think phoenixes are a bit self-explanatory. Is there something interesting about Thestalon?
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Thestalon is as much a healer and about life as he is about fire. The cult of Thestalon is one of the largest if not the largest and they employ many healers and battlefield medics. If you see a red phoenix, you know you're in a safe place that will give you food, shelter, heal your wounds, and clothe you. Most charities are run by the Thestalon or Parshah followers, but there is another side to Thestalon, the fire aspect, or Thestalon's wrath. It's this side of him that the cults in the volcanic North-West venerate. This is the warrior to the healer in the capital and the militant arm of Thestalon is respected if not feared. They are a mobile military, known for their speed and agility in battle and famous for not breaking under pressure. Many battles have been decided by the speed and ferocity of Thestalon cult soldiers.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 20th, 2022 at 01:35 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 01:50 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Excellent, this give me plenty of RP fuel to work with!
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3299
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
How about Vulcan? I have almost done the character sheet so will be finishing my application soon. Any information would be useful.

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 03:16 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
Vulcan is a quiet divine beast that is content to smith and craft. His cult and followers are crafters of some kind and he's happy to let everyone do their own thing so long as they are making something. His cult is a pretty decent size, but nothing like Thestalon's and his followers are often multi-talented by being excellent crafters as well as soldiers, musicians, bankers, merchants, and so forth. Vulcan has an alliance with Thestalon given that the phoenix is lord over fire as well as an alliance with Grandarg since metal is gathered from the earth. Vulcan's chief rival is Botanica, but their relationship is one more of debate and not hostile. Bovine species are holy to Vulcan and the bull is his symbol. He takes the form of a massive metal bull when not in his humanoid form and enjoys wandering around like grazing livestock, although he doesn't require food. Champions of Vulcan usually have the best of everything when it comes to weapons and armor. They are also usually skilled at making something with their hands. He likes his champions to be more physical and less squishy. Skalds would be common enough amongst Vulcan followers, especially those that can make instruments.

I'll make a note here that being a shrine champion automatically puts you in a high leadership role within the divine beast cults. You'll be able to order npc's around for example and make big decisions for the cult. You'll always have resources and a place to stay, plus you'll be involved with the growth of the organization as a whole. There will be perks for each of you based on your divine beast. Champions of Nergal for example start off friendly with undead and even mindless undead leave them alone. The intelligent ones may even take heed of your wishes or grant you favors. You can expect such things with all cults.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 20th, 2022 at 03:24 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Asterisk View Post
I'll make a note here that being a shrine champion automatically puts you in a high leadership role within the divine beast cults. You'll be able to order npc's around for example and make big decisions for the cult. You'll always have resources and a place to stay, plus you'll be involved with the growth of the organization as a whole. There will be perks for each of you based on your divine beast. Champions of Nergal for example start off friendly with undead and even mindless undead leave them alone. The intelligent ones may even take heed of your wishes or grant you favors. You can expect such things with all cults.
I'm getting this 'elite/leader of the sect' kind of vibe from this. Which is cool.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 05:08 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics
That would be accurate. Champions would be the physical embodiment of the religion while a high priest would be spiritual.

You should all come up with cool features that set you apart as champions because a normal human and a human champion of Parshah would look strikingly different. Champions tend to stick out. Now, you can suppress this to blend in better when needing to hide or use stealth, but while active, you're obviously a champion.

Example: A champion of Parshah glows with a soft white light and appears like a humanoid lion. They get no bonuses or abilities for this appearance as it's cosmetic, but it will mark you as a champion and that could intimidate potential thieves or ne'er-do-wells.

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 20th, 2022 at 05:12 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 06:07 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7487
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Since it's a neat idea, I included a section in my app for 'trappings' of the totem-beast to show how he stands out over the rest.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Void Adjacent

Tools
User Statistics

Very cool Runetide, I like it!

Last edited by Dark Asterisk; Jun 20th, 2022 at 06:14 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 06:16 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7487
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
No worries mate I figure it never hurts to ask.... I will figure something out very soon.
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 09:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2762
Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas
So what I am seeing is that I need to submit a druid, and a couple others as well, and then the world can be conquered by a druid party.