OOC hobnobbing with the riffraff-- random musings and banter - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Eberron > KILLFEAR > CO Transdimensional Gestalt Fun
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1700
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal
Even though I'm not involved, I personally have found the whole investigative segment a bit too open-ended for my tastes.
*nod*

Naration is a real hit- and- miss sorta proosition in any game.. table top or pbp.
My first few experieinces with PbP had been basically the DM leading the party by the nose from scene to scene where events seem to unfold of their own accord and all the party coud really do is comment on them.

I have also been in games RL and PbP where the DM basically sat back and waited for the party to go find something worth saving/destroying.

Neither were to my taste, really.

Whether successful or not, my attempt here has been to lay a number of lines out to be followed... some of which are more useful than others.
also attempting to leave things "real" enough to where no one really feels like they are being railroaded or limited in options.

I figured folks wanted to see the adjuster to shortcut seeing the other store owners (good call) but there doesn't seem to be any specific questions other than the obvious, "what the hells is going on"... I have a planned narration for this (and every other) encounter... I just wanted to make sure if anyone had a specific angle or question they wanted that I wasn' goin to run it over... but since that doesn't seem to be the case, I'll post the movie sequence version....
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
There ya go.. dwarven politics at its finest.
not very elegant, and not impossible. a 3rd level group would be scared as hell.
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
We're getting to a good point where the two threads can merge again.

Considering the only strong fedback regarding pace of gaming has been "pick it up a bit", I think that is very plausible from here on forward.
I'll be a bit more assumptive in the future, and try to keep things flexible enough to allow additional add ins to be inserted for any stragglers.

Granted, that dwarf may just be pissing people off, and a lovely little shouting match may well erupt here shortly....
oter than the old man and the young girl, everyone in the party is disguised... hard to tell how "mighty" a party is when they atempt to look average. It would be interesting to see how intimidated the other adventurers were by the dwarf's little shpeil, eh?

I'm going to have a bit of a delay with those promised articles from the starilaskur, but in summary, two artciles really stand out...

1. a warforged had been arrested recently in connection with the sharn jewel heists. eh's being transported to Mror holds for imprisonment

2. someone identified as the Monti Marauder in Starilaskur was arrested last night for murdering some noblemen.

Both articlesare on the front page, both impossible to miss.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Surreal
I hate take-home exams. I've been working on it for 8 hours already; try to finish it up tomorrow morning.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
I thought I'd post a compilation of information everyone has gathered regarding the investigation so far. I find that unless you take notes, some details are easy to get lost.

WHAT THE PARTY KNOWS
--------------------
--earthquakes are being caused by an elemental cult called the stonebrother's alliance. Their apparent demands are to stop using floatstone in all construction. Murgis has cofirmed they worship Ogremach.. a bad earth elemental prince.
--there have been 4 earthquakes so far, spaced out over 8 weeks.
--a number of guards have been killed by being pulled into the earth like quicksad and then crushed.
--the stonebrothers have killed a team of silverflame crusaders.
--the stonebrothers have killed a team of eldeen greenspeakers, but Jaelith is simply missing.
--5 robberies have occured at gem shops that are part of the stoneworker's alliance (no relation)
--warforged have been performing the robberies by slipping through the stone grabbing the goods and slipping away again.
--the three sisters that rule Droaam are very concerned that the stonebrothers will succeed in their terrorist plans, so they have dispatched Aurok to eliminate them.
--whatever the sisters are concerned about is to occur at the new moon, which will be tomorrow.
--Murgis the adjuster is confirming suspicions that the robberies are directly related to the earthquakes.
--Murgis has mentioned a weakness... the robbers can't pass through wood or metal.. just stone.
--the Mror hold inquisitors are tracking the robbers, but can't keep pace.
--4 other adventure teams have been pursuing the robberies to no effect.
--Rumours Sul/monti gathered mention that recently, a fence down towards the lower dura/cliffside docks named, "Deagen the Limp" was looking to unload some very hot, upper-tier property It's said he's found an out of town connection.
--a Warforged was arrested in Starilaskur yesterday for attempting to fence a single ring that was part of the theft in one of the robberies 5 weeks ago.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Surreal
I'm thinking we should start up a page on the wiki for notes. I know on more than one occasion I've gone digging through the threads trying to find information without success.

edit: just slapped up a page; mostly cut'n'paste Fil's stuff from above with a few extras

Last edited by Surreal; Apr 26th, 2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
good call surreal. thanks for jumping on that.... get back to studying.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Hey... the starilaskur Harald articles are posted in the DM footnotes section... Nothing too interesting, but hey, its the news.

I need to restructure how that is set up. I think I'll make that first page a table of content and put each footnote on it's own page... then go back through and link all the footnotes to their respective wiki pages . pain in the tukus, but worth doing sooner than later.

meh. Back to wORK!
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Surreal
Geez, where is everybody?
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Dragoon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1278
zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak
dunno!
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Wayfarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal
Geez, where is everybody?
Sorry, my comp screen keeps blinking out for no reason whatsoever.

Right now, I figure Aurok is out of options, but is unwilling to give up the search. If Sul were to suggest meeting up with he group, he'd be fairly amenable to the idea.
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
so sul can either lead aurok back to the team ahead of schedule, or follow up on other gathered inormation leads. choice is up to you. I've anticipated at least THOSE two simple options. The party is about done with Murgis right now anyway, so bumping into the team as they ascend/descend levels would be very easy.

but if Sul wants to keep poking aroudn the lower levels, then he can keep occupied until midnight... It's just goig to be up to the main trhad to decide what they plan to do.
Probably either
follow up with the police,
follow up with Madame Crinneth,
track dow "competing" teams for any additional leads.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
well, I just thought I'd point out real quick that the mournlands will be a bit more linear in plot development. Unless you start doig stuff I don't expect, then no promises... but I have a fairly straightforward process.

just thought I'd point that out... I think this has been a bit too "wide open ranged". Some gamers appreciate teh total freedom of movement, but others fid it a bit too broad and undirected. I'll see how a more straightforward progression works next to see how folks enjoy.. and we'll weig balance.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Surreal
I would normally want to keep investigating (I'm lousy at it, but I hate loose ends), but seeing as how things are dragging, I think it would be best to merge everyone back together. Perhaps the increased player interaction will jog the writing juices again. As a forth option to what Fil mentioned above, we could also try to track down "Deagen the Limp" (see notepad). I'll start off the merging in our tangent thread.

Last edited by Surreal; Apr 30th, 2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds solid for me. You got roughly 12 hours before midnight anyway. so huzzah.