Game Thread Chapter 4: Tainted Sands - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Eberron > KILLFEAR > CO Transdimensional Gestalt Fun
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Fil kearney's Avatar
Fil kearney Fil kearney is offline
Magically Malicious
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 8th, 2014
RPXP: 1700
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
Posts: 4,615
Looking back along the length of the new wall, the giant could feel a gravity pulse through the stone, drawing him eastward.
"Hey... did you feel that?"

Gwynn looks up from the mercenary's wound to follow Rock's gaze,
"Hmmmm....?"

"It's courage. that's what you felt."
their gaze was drawn to the spirit world; standing atop the wall at the western end, a small girl stood, whisps of fire playing across her small frame,
"It's too bad Xander didn't survive-- he'd insist on joining you."
Iris giggled softly, thinking fondly of the enthusiastic warrior fondly.
Dropping from the wall, she catches herself a foot or so above the ground, invisible to all not gifted with the divine.
"Thank you, for who you are and to your friends. The world is better for experiencing you and your actions."

slowly, more souls began manifesting in the beyond. Some confused, others concerned for those left alive.
"Oops! That's my queu! We gotta go-- the flaMe burns bright all about you all. We trust your!"
The little priestess smiles up at the giant, and nods to Gwynn and Celestine before skipping over to freshly manifested crew and citizens, announcing that they will depart to the Land of Joys shortly.
__________________
Current game: 3.5 Trailblazer E6 Acquired Gestalt Eberron Spelljammer Planescape Mayhem
I'm also looking for some folks for a Darksun E6 skype game...
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
LOC-NAR
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 12th, 2023
RPXP: 5923
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Posts: 16,480
RockFoot gives the spirits a naive, solemn, and grateful wave in salute to their lives well spent and their afterlives yet to come. "Thank you for noting our passage through this realm as you go on to a greater one."

He watches in rapt focus as the spirits move on.
__________________
.
Boogers
.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
zarzak's Avatar
zarzak zarzak is offline
Dragoon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 20th, 2022
RPXP: 1278
zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak
Posts: 3,173
[/B]Celestine's eyebrows raise, as he gives a wave and a smile to the departing spirits. It wasn't often he was thanked so explicitly for his actions ...

"If any of you find yourselves in the Seven Heavens, I may see you in the future."

Several nearby guards look at Celestine in confusion, assuming it must be some sort of prayer from the "deputy."

Celestine walks over to Gwyn, tapping the man on the shoulder. "I believe that is our cue to go. We have other places where our presence is required ... I think all who can be found have been found at this point ... we are missing two rather important people though. One is a warforged ... keep an eye out for him. I didn't see him among those assembled spirits. The other I assumes spirited herself away somehow."

Celestine looks up to the giant: "You saw them as well, I take it. If they chose to acknowledge you, it might mean something - you may want to come with us for the time being."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 07:33 PM
DaveTheMagicWease's Avatar
DaveTheMagicWease DaveTheMagicWease is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2009
RPXP: 0
DaveTheMagicWease
Posts: 511
Gwyn gave a long slow sigh.

So many

"You are right, our mission remains as urgent as it ever was. The demons seem neutralized. We are also missing the shifter, Rass, though I suspect he has spirited himself away at the sight of so many servants of the flame. There are some wounds that will never heal I fear.

I will join you in your search in a moment, but first I must at least leave a letter for the Lord Magistrate to ensure that the victims of this tragedy are not caught up in the legal system. I know only too well what that can be like when panic takes hold."
__________________
CO Transdimensional Gestalt Fun: Gwynaedh | Owain Tashi
Eternal Eclipse: Egil Gudmund
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Surreal Surreal is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2012
RPXP: 0
Surreal
Posts: 1,182
Sul swirls into the folds of Celestine's cape, completely unnoticed amidst the smoke and dust.

"There is little else I can do here" says the ghost telepathically. "There are no more survivors and the rescuers have been cleared from the debris. Perhaps it would be best to extricate ourselves from any impending political mishaps and resume our mission."
__________________
The late, sedate, and not so great. ~ Surreal
formatting: speech in bold and darkslateblue, thoughts in italics and darkslateblue, telepathy in bold italics and indigo
- character 1: Sul

Last edited by Surreal; Sep 30th, 2008 at 11:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 11:45 PM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
LOC-NAR
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 12th, 2023
RPXP: 5923
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Posts: 16,480
The giant man turned slowly to face the gathering group of powers. Not all of this realm, but all seemed to have a common purpose. "My name, as I understand it, is RockFoot AllKiller. Although, I do not recall having killed All... What is this Mission that you speak of? Would it help to keep carnage like this from happening again? I find myself in dire need of purpose."

He rotates his right wrist and an enormous spear springs into being. It picks up the rotation of his hand and spins briefly before he plants the butt end of it into the ground. "Shall we proceed?"
__________________
.
Boogers
.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Surreal Surreal is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2012
RPXP: 0
Surreal
Posts: 1,182
Telepathically to Gwyn and Celestine, "What do you make of our strange new companion? And how are we supposed to travel without a ship?"
__________________
The late, sedate, and not so great. ~ Surreal
formatting: speech in bold and darkslateblue, thoughts in italics and darkslateblue, telepathy in bold italics and indigo
- character 1: Sul
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 12:50 PM
zarzak's Avatar
zarzak zarzak is offline
Dragoon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 20th, 2022
RPXP: 1278
zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak
Posts: 3,173
Celestine thinks his reply, knowing that Sul can hear it [Right?]

"It seems we've lost some companions in this latest debacle ... we could use the help. As for transportation, we'll just have to see what fate provides."

Celestine looks to Gwyn, as the surrounding soldiers would expect him to: "Lead the way." This was said loud enough for those around to hear. Then, in a softer voice only Gwyn could hear: "Make sure our new companion is careful not to accidentally smash anything as he follows ... we'll sort out the details of our situation when we're about of this area."
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 04:55 PM
DaveTheMagicWease's Avatar
DaveTheMagicWease DaveTheMagicWease is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2009
RPXP: 0
DaveTheMagicWease
Posts: 511
Gwyn studied "Rockfoot" again, using all of his powers of foresight to evaluate their prospective companion. Finding nothing untoward, he nodded.

"It would seem fate has brought our paths together, we would be honoured by your company Sir Rockfoot."


He bowed low, a stiff and deliberate movement, before turning his attention once more towards the troops still swarming around them,

"Captain!" Once more he came at the inquisitor's call at speed, "Matters of grave import demand our immediate attention, so I am afraid I shall not be able to speak directly to the Lord Magistrate."

A look of concern fell onto the Captain's face, without an inquisitor's word behind him explaining his actions would be difficult, but the concern faded as Gwyn continued.

"My personal seal will have to suffice I am afraid."

A blank piece of paper was placed in the Captain's hand. When he looked down he saw a small silver flame begin a rapid dance across the surface, leaving a flowing script behind it, burnt into the parchment's surface. As the Captain watched the dancing fire in mute fascination it completed its course, a final flurry of activity leaving the official seal of the inquisition - the Unblinking Eye - before the parchment folded itself in his hand and gently floated into the pouch at his belt.
__________________
CO Transdimensional Gestalt Fun: Gwynaedh | Owain Tashi
Eternal Eclipse: Egil Gudmund

Last edited by DaveTheMagicWease; Oct 8th, 2008 at 05:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Fil kearney's Avatar
Fil kearney Fil kearney is offline
Magically Malicious
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 8th, 2014
RPXP: 1700
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
Posts: 4,615
The Sonia's crew is sorted and placed on carts-- beaten andbeyond exhausted, they don't offer resistance. Ash eyes sadly the raging inferno that D32 has been defending against waterbearers... she smirks, and suddenly the fire disappears altogether rom the destroyed site... all that remains is a large trunk-- the one taken from the warforged mercenaries in Sharn.

A moment later, the trunk opens, and the elemental explodes out into the spirit world with D32 in tow.

Cackling aloud, Ash shouts,
"Stay clear! we'll find you!"

The water crew immediately dump all the wate they have on the cinders remaining, and look quizically at the dimensional "gate" left behind....
__________________
Current game: 3.5 Trailblazer E6 Acquired Gestalt Eberron Spelljammer Planescape Mayhem
I'm also looking for some folks for a Darksun E6 skype game...
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 03:48 PM
DaveTheMagicWease's Avatar
DaveTheMagicWease DaveTheMagicWease is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2009
RPXP: 0
DaveTheMagicWease
Posts: 511
Gwyn surveyed his companions, the group was rather different than the one he expected - he had already parted company with Owain and now his companions on the journey to the temple had both seemingly absconded.

Despite this, the group assembled was a formidable one, and as far as he could tell, noble.

He gave a satisfied nod, "Alright then, follow me."



OOC: I'm not really sure how we intend to travel? Hence my being vague.
__________________
CO Transdimensional Gestalt Fun: Gwynaedh | Owain Tashi
Eternal Eclipse: Egil Gudmund
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Surreal Surreal is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2012
RPXP: 0
Surreal
Posts: 1,182
Telepathically: "Let us first remove ourselves from this place, so that we may discuss our travel arrangements without interruption. I believe I may be able to broach the border between planes on my own, but I am uncertain if I can bring any of you with me... what about that dimensional box that we found? Do we still have it?"
__________________
The late, sedate, and not so great. ~ Surreal
formatting: speech in bold and darkslateblue, thoughts in italics and darkslateblue, telepathy in bold italics and indigo
- character 1: Sul
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
LOC-NAR
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 12th, 2023
RPXP: 5923
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Posts: 16,480
RockFoot follows the conversation with aloofness and distraction. He is barely able to concentrate long enough to get food to his mouth, much less figure out what these beings are discussing. He stands at the ready, however, shifting his weight and straining for action. Walking would be enough, so when someone mentions moving he is all over it.

"Yes, let's move. Oh, remove. Fine. One or both."

.
__________________
.
Boogers
.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 02:32 AM
zarzak's Avatar
zarzak zarzak is offline
Dragoon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 20th, 2022
RPXP: 1278
zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak
Posts: 3,173
"The box ... I saw where it went ... lets go retrieve it and then be on our way."

To Gwyn: "Sir, lets not forget the box ... we'll need it for our investigation ..." - Celestine gestures towards the box, sitting in the still smoldering ruins. "Perhaps our new friend can carry that."
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 08:55 AM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
LOC-NAR
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 12th, 2023
RPXP: 5923
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Posts: 16,480
RockFoot gladly attends to the box, hefting it to his shoulder without noticeable effort.

"Gladly."

.
__________________
.
Boogers
.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB