Old 01-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Idloveanupvote Idloveanupvote
Hi from Newcastle!

Hi All,

Lurked here forever and finally decided in the new year to take the plunge!

Been interested in DND for years, dipped my toes into 3.5 and 4th then got hooked on the idea of 5th. Started running my own session with a couple of friends but we only get to meet every month or two. So thought Id give this a go!

Thanks for having me!

ID
Old 01-13-2019, 11:01 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4762
McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin
Welcome Idloveanupvote!

In which New Castle do you come from? The reason I ask is because there is a New Caslte not far from where I live.

The reason you decided to jump into RPGX is pretty much the same reason I did. My local players could only meet once in a blue moon and I wante more.

This is a great place to learn a new system. 5e is not difficult at all. I suggested starting off with the New Player Solo Game. You'll be assigned your very own DM and the will walk you through the system and the mechanics of RPGX.

Have fun and I'll see you around the site.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Idloveanupvote Idloveanupvote
Hi McQuiggin,

I’m just south of Newcastle, north east England. Yeah I’ve loved the sessions we’ve ran but i figure practice makes perfect and the more i okay the better I’ll be for my group. At least that’s the theory haha!

That’s great thanks, i just popped down my interest for a solo game as that had caught my eye, and thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciated.

Id
Old 01-13-2019, 02:17 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55078
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

5th edition is very popular, but there's still plenty of 3.5/PF and 4e gamers around, if you get nostalgic. Happy gaming!
Old 01-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2829
Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn
Hi ID,

There are also a number of 5e games that are basically open enrollment where you can get a character into action pretty quickly if you're so inclined. A couple of them are listed in my signature if you're interested.

Enjoy the site!

Currently playing in West Marches: Westhaven; West Marches: Everlasting Unknown; and Hoard of the Dragon Queen DMing in West Marches: Westhaven
Old 01-13-2019, 07:54 PM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2576
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Hello northerner! I'm from the south where we all drive tractors and you can actually get a decent pasty unlike that muck you lot like from Greggs .

Anyway, welcome to the site! I hope you find everything you're looking for . All of the links to the new player solo games and guides are in my signature.

N.B. To anyone from outside the UK reading this there's a friendly rivalry and associated banter between the north and the south of the country.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13367
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Feel free to try something new while you're here! PbP offers loads of time between posts to double check rules, plan out your actions, and think of witty one liners!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:14 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18205
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning,

Newcastle England? Cool, lived in Darlington for a while ;-)

Welcome and thanks for your decision to take the plunge, hope you don't regret it, teehee. Have you been cruising the site yet and spotted something interesting? Checked the solo games? Have you seen Games advertising that were inspiring to you to start creating a character?
Old 01-18-2019, 10:18 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30865
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Welcome to the site, Upvote! At least, I assume that would be the best way to shorten your name - capitals in online usernames can make a massive difference. PM me if you'd like to add a few.

Anyway, I hope you can get your gaming fix here on RPGX - there's certainly plenty of opportunities, especially for those with GMing experience.

Game on!