twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 05:24 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30226
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Oh - comments, critique, and feedback are welcome by the way. Sorry, meant to add that to my app. :P
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 05:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4649
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Is Unearthed Arcana allowed? Didn't see it on banned list.
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 10:11 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6203
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
That was addressed in both the advertisement and page 2 with a hard no!
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 09:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34306
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
One thing that excites me about this game/campaign - should my character make the cut - is that I have neither read the module, been told about it, or even perused the front of back covers of the official booklet so it'll be completely new and surprising go me; again... should my character make the cut.
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 11:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2553
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Same here, I took a deep dive into the Tyranny of Dragon and Storm King's Thunder modules because that is the campaign combo I'm currently running, and Curse of Strahd was my first foray into 5e, but I know very little about the Phandalin modules. And I like to consider myself pretty well versed in Faerunian lore.
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 11:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4567
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
New to me as well. I've heard the name, but I don't believe I've done anything with it
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 11:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerdon View Post
Same here, I took a deep dive into the Tyranny of Dragon and Storm King's Thunder modules because that is the campaign combo I'm currently running, and Curse of Strahd was my first foray into 5e, but I know very little about the Phandalin modules. And I like to consider myself pretty well versed in Faerunian lore.
Same here. I've been RPing in Forgotten Realms lands since I was a teen and there's a ton of knowledge about them that occupies a significant part of my memory that some might say is wasted and could be filled with other things.
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 11:55 AM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 732
Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71
I'm familiar with Phandalin due to both running and playing in Lost Mine of Phandelver. This particular adventure, though, I have never even skimmed through, let alone read or played. It will be a new experience for me should I make the grade!
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 11:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
I'm familiar with Phandalin due to both running and playing in Lost Mine of Phandelver. This particular adventure, though, I have never even skimmed through, let alone read or played. It will be a new experience for me should I make the grade!
One of my first 5e games I RP'd in was here and it was that adventure - Lost mine of Phandelver -, but it didn't quite finish, so other than some quick RP in the town, that was my only delve into the area. And that's been about 10 years past now so the odds of me remembering are the same chance or higher of making a DC 19 INT roll on a d20.
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 12:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawsome View Post
Is Unearthed Arcana allowed? Didn't see it on banned list.
No UA sorry. Want to stick to official stuff since I'm new to DMing.

I'll be doing some more feedback later today!
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 02:59 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6203
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
I've tried 3 xs but never got past the first cave in lost mine.
Old Mar 5th, 2024, 03:43 PM
The Greatest Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3484
abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123
Finished!

Name: Zinlar "Zin" Hazelmane
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Druid
Background: Folk Hero

Defining Event: I stood up to a tyrant's agents.
Trait: If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.
Trait: Thinking is for other people. I prefer action.
Ideal: Freedom. Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people. (Chaotic)
Bond: I worked the land, I love the land, and I will protect the land.
Flaw: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed.

Backstory: Zin's father is a shepherd in a small village, and his father before him was a shepherd in the same village, and so on and so forth for generations. What other fate could there be for Zin than that of a shepherd as well? That's what Zin believed, at least, for the majority of his young life. And he was happy with that, well, happy enough. He didn't know any other life, and this one was good enough. Spending all day out in the fresh air, free to do whatever he pleased, as long as the sheep and goats were all accounted for and safe. And he loved nature, loved the sunshine, loved the rain, and he was happy.

It was only as he got older that he started to learn more of the world around them. He began to spend some evenings during the week at the local tavern, as the barkeep's daughter had caught his eye, and he was surprised to hear the stories the barkeep told as the night went on. He had been out in the world, a modern adventurer, and the tales of heroism and bravery, and swords and slaughter, amazed young Zin. Maybe there was more out there. He loved his little life, his sheep and goats, but maybe he could spend some time out and about, satisfy his newly growing wanderlust, and come back with enough stories of his own to satisfy for a lifetime.

It was these tales of derring-do that were on his mind when he decided to stand up to the envoy sent by the orcish tribe that had control over the region. Him and a few others young hotheads, including his beloved barkeep's daughter, rallied together and managed to run the envoy out of town, tails between their legs and a few shorter in number. Their celebrations were cut short, however, by the elders of the very village they thought they were protecting. No, the follies of youth had blinded them to the true situation. It was better, the elders reminded them, to give a small portion of their resources to friendly orcs, than it was to have them occupy the village and take the majority. Their only recourse was the scatter to the winds, and let the village inform the orcs that they had banished the offending parties, and hope for the best. So that's what they did, each packing a hastily made bag, said their goodbyes to their friends and families, and left, each going in a separate direction. nd so Zin travelled, finally on the adventure he had dreamed of, though not in the way he had hoped, as his footsteps took him in the direction of Phandalin.

Characters: Hei Giddem (Lost Mine of Phandelver) | Zinlar 'Zin' Hazelmane (Dragon of Icespire Peak)

Last edited by abc123; Mar 6th, 2024 at 02:37 PM.
Old Mar 5th, 2024, 06:24 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Red Leper Red Leper Red Leper Red Leper
Are we doing feedback on our apps? and since I'm posting a bit, my character is still listed as the previous entry.
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 02:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1020
Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Leper View Post
Are we doing feedback on our apps? and since I'm posting a bit, my character is still listed as the previous entry.
Fixed!

More feedback. There are so many amazing apps. You guys are going to make it so hard. It's making me consider running two groups! I have to think about whether I could handle that, but I think I could make it work.

@FatherDondo

@Star Moth

@GleefulNihilism

@Red Leper

Last edited by Nyx89; Mar 6th, 2024 at 05:14 PM.
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 02:37 PM
The Greatest Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3484
abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123
Oooo, if we're doing feedback, I'd love some as well, thanks Nyx!

Characters: Hei Giddem (Lost Mine of Phandelver) | Zinlar 'Zin' Hazelmane (Dragon of Icespire Peak)