DnD5e A Story of Unlife: Academic Pursuit - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 7th, 2023, 08:11 PM
The King of Ducks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3426
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Very WIP

Application
right-aligned image

"Flesh has a lot of potential but the shackles of mind keep holding it back."
[Name:]
[Race:] Human (Mark of Passage)
[Class:] Artificer
[Subclass:] Battle smith
[Background:] Sage
[Writing Sample:] (about a paragraph)
[Secret:] (Remember to make out your secret tag to me.)

Last edited by BarrowB; Oct 8th, 2023 at 07:29 AM.
Old Oct 8th, 2023, 01:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4762
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Based just on the quote, our characters should get along just fine. ^~^
Old Oct 9th, 2023, 12:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7022
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Seelah, iconic character from Paizo’s Pathfinder, re-imagined as a war cleric for our game. Cheers, everyone.
Seelah, War Cleric!Link to Rolls

left-aligned image
Name: Seelah
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Subclass: War
Background: Soldier

Appearance: An attractive woman of stern demeanor, Seelah stands five feet eight inches tall. Statuesque medium build beneath banded armor, hair tied-back and properly braided. Hazel eyes gaze warily into the distance. Her dark-skinned face often conveys a stoic expression, but sometimes a look lending fervent grace in prayer, or raging fury in battle!

Personality: A fervent knight, tempering martial prowess with a sense of divine inspiration. Inspired by knightly principles and precepts. She lives by a code of conduct. She’s fiercely loyal to her friends, and she never breaks a promise.

Writing Sample: Backstory

left-aligned image
Orphaned upon deaths of her parents, Seelah raised herself rough and alone upon harsh streets. Enduring bullying behavior of street toughs, learning to survive, and keeping herself out of trouble, more or less. Really, only enough to engage in still the most troublesome of urchin behavior!

Among childhood deviancies, the theft of an ornate helm...belonging to the female paladin Acemi. Upon learning that Acemi had subsequently suffered a mortal head wound in battle, the young urchin became guilt-stricken. The paladins, having known of Seelah’s misgiving all along, benevolently took her in and raised young Seelah to follow the ways of Tempus. Perhaps just as Acemi herself would have wanted.

right-aligned image
During young years squiring for Tempuran knights, Seelah collected a trophy from a fallen foe. A dagger, taken from one of Tempus' infidel-minded adversaries. A token Seelah keeps close, reminding herself to remain focused against evil forces.

left-aligned image
And while staying busy smiting all manner of evil in Tempus’ honorable name, Seelah eventually made her way to the outskirts of Potters Fields, where she pledged knightly fealty and trained as a soldier. Supervised and mentored by First Sword Knight Anarrow, a tough old warrior who has seen her share of tragedy and oversees her disciples with strict discipline. There, after proving herself a worthy and goodly soul, she found fervently fortunate favor with the house’s benefactor.

right-aligned image
First Knight Anarrow. Leader of the Tempuran contingent. With a history of taking interest in budding young crusaders, First Knight gave firm blessing to Seelah. Blessing, along with something more…

left-aligned image
An ancient codex. Runes along old parchment paper, illegible to even the wisest among the church, except for one word – Enucho, given to mean the Church of Enoch. And, an interesting glyph scrawled along the bottom of the document – a drawing, seemingly depicting a falling star.

“You must journey to Potter’s Field,” First Knight instructs young Seelah. “And discover what you can about recent events. Take the codex with you, in a scroll case, and see about getting it interpreted. Other adventurers will surely ally with you. But be cautious, Tempuran. There is plenty of evil lurking hereabouts!”

And so comes Seelah, for to begin her heroic adventure.
Character SheetSeelah, War Cleric!

Last edited by Geldar; Oct 28th, 2023 at 08:55 PM.
Old Oct 11th, 2023, 01:59 PM
Spes Temporis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2739
Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool
And now for something completely different for your world, hopefully you won’t laugh at the absurdity of it and dismiss it out of hand. :-)
“Azathool’s Application“
Name: Ain’Jel
Race: Custom Lineage*
Class: Warlock

“Background”
The container cracked, a jagged line across its surface. The strange crystalline material parted, the padded silken interior exposed, escape from the imprisoning casket now possible.

Deep in her mind, she had heard a voice calling to her. She woke, and looking around in the darkness saw rows of boxes, caskets, sacks and other containers all pilled up on shelves towering above her. Dust was deep on every surface, the floor strewn with light rubble, cobwebs and debris everywhere.

They had forced her into the container last night, fear on their faces as they had shut her in. As the light faded she had screamed and then she remembered nothing… so why had they moved her here to this ancient place?

Now awake she slipped off the ledge and looked around for an exit, a barred window showing the night sky far above through a narrow passage that rose like a chimney. As she moved over to leave the room a giant rat scurried out of the darkness. Instinctively a beam of crackling energy leapt from her, the rat exploding into pieces of flesh, its splattered blood freezing solid on the floor.

Slipping easily between the bars and crawling up a long rubble-filled tunnel she finally exited the nameless crypt into the night, unbeknownst free for the first time in almost two centuries, as she had been confined by old technology that had suspended her biological processes.

She looked down, the broken container now seeming small, and decided to keep it for now, its secrets to be studied. Hurrying into the town she noticed those around her. So many people, some ugly, some beautiful, thin bodies, big bodies, short bodies, so many tall bodies, covered in cloth, leather, silk and metal, all wearing masks.

Almost without thinking she merged into the crowd on the street and decided she would like it here.

“Appearance”

“Writing Sample”
Her first few days in the new world were exciting and dangerous with several close escapes but she quickly caught on to living amongst the others. Every few months she moved on somewhere new to evade danger but as time went by she stayed longer and longer, getting comfortable in her life.

She had closely studied her prison but had been unable to delve it‘s deeper secrets, even so, she thought she could replicate a basic copy. Mixing the right amino acids and polymer chains she fabricated a tiny container the size of a hummingbird egg. With it her magical abilities expanded and it afforded her protection when needed.

In her chambers she mediated and dreamed, and heard the voice again. He called himself the Undying and showed her how to use how powers and what she could become. All he asked in return was an occasional task, the collection of certain “lost souls”. How they became lost was sometimes unknown to her, and sometimes part of the task.

Buy that day something had gone wrong, very wrong, and now as in those years before, she found herself staring at metal bars in-front of her.

Secret: Is secret for FatherDondo.

Old Oct 12th, 2023, 12:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4567
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Old Oct 12th, 2023, 05:00 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Tom22 Tom22
Application

Name:] Alex

[Race:] Human
[Class:] Fighter
[Subclass:] Barbarian
[Background:] Soldier
[Writing Sample:] This is his kingdom, and nobody is going to take it from him. He grew paranoid that someone would take the place he called home and by force. But they would have to go through him, and his dangerous army ready to defend him at all costs with no care for their own body's but that makes him happy because they are loyal, to their core and won't betray Him. He has a kind heart but he seen things and done things that were horrible, and awful like torture, murder, and a lot worse then That. and he knows he will be forgiven in Time. People tell him to stay out of trouble but he doesn't care Too.

[Secret:]
Old Oct 12th, 2023, 07:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1309
tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon
[Name:] Josef Nightwalker (an assumed surname)
[Race:] Human
[Class:] Fighter 1/ Ranger 1
[Subclass:]. (Eldritch Knight/ Hunter, eventually)
[Background:] Folk Hero
[Writing Sample:] Josef has been travelling the wilds, keeping away from the road, and any small strongholds he comes across. He is tired, and starting to regret his choices. This is his first time away from home, and he has picked up new skills as he lives in the wilderness; as dangerous as it is, he cannot risk being spotted. But as he approaches Potter's Field, he must risk the open road for the last stretch. Hiding on a small hillock he sees no other parties approaching, so he feels safe enough to set foot on a road, for the first time in weeks. There is a comfort to that. In Potter's Field, he can start again, if only temporarily. He can use his newfound Ranger skills here; surely there is need for someone to assist in an expedition. That comet yesterday - maybe some mage or sage will want to track it down?

Last edited by tordon; Oct 12th, 2023 at 07:14 PM. Reason: add secret
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 12:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
The time is coming soon. If you want to get your post in, great time to do it. If I haven't commented on yours yet, poke me in the forehead
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 01:53 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8941
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
I don't recall you commenting on mine
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 01:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
yeah me too, how does my app look?
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 08:00 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1825
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
This looks interesting. Aparently I made an app a long time ago and she also seems interesting so...

Application
left-aligned image
Varissa Shadows
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Sorceror
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Acolyte

Personality Trait:
I don’t run from evil. Evil runs from me.
Personality Trait:
I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.
Ideal: Aspiration
I seek to prove myself worthy of my god’s favor by matching my actions against her teachings.
Bond:
My allegiance is to the Sisterhood before all others. I will do anything to protect our temple.
Flaw:
I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.

DetailsWriting Sample:

A lone elf stands in the center of a large antechamber. A dark and regal figure her mere presence demands attention.
"My lords, as you know I represent the Dark Sisters of the Raven Queen. On behalf of our mistress and Father Dondo I request to join the scouting party"
Varissa spoke calmly but with authority to the necromancers guild. Her voice echoing in the chamber.
"It is our belief that the Fallen Star may hold great power, and as always the Sisters would like nothing more than to aid the guild. All we ask for is a chance to study the artifact."
Again the woman's words echoed in the vast hall as the assembly listened quietly without response. Varissa waited a few moments before continuing, a hint of frustration and anger creeping into her voice as she beat her staff against the floor.
"I will take your silence as affirmation then, The Sisters will be represented. Thank you for your time."
with that the black clad woman turned and strode from the room her staff sounding her steps as her long cape dragged behind.

Last edited by JohnStone; Oct 28th, 2023 at 08:56 AM.
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 01:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Togot:
Geldar:
tordon:
JohnStone:
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 02:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The second sounds intriguing, lets see how that plays out.
Old Oct 29th, 2023, 01:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3902
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
[Name:] Erik Ravensguard
[Race:] Dhamphir
[Class:] Artificer
[Subclass:] Armorer
[Background:] Erik has no idea where he was born, only that he and his mother lived in Rema until he was five and then his mother vanished. Forced to survive on his own made Erik mature much faster that he should have and by ten years old he was competent enough to seek work for the guild known as Resurrection men. Erik, before he joined, had always had a relationship with some of the lower members of the guild as he would often bring them scavenged items for food and coin, and they never asked where he got what he did. After he joined the guild officially, he quickly proved himself to be a reliable source of bodies to trade with the necromancer’s guild, as well as being the guy the lower-level members when to, to have something fixed when it broke from a weapon or armor to more sophisticated tech such as watches or flashlights. Somehow Erik could fix them all. This caught the attention of one or the higher ups in the guild who took an interest in the boy and took him under his wing. At first Erik thought he had finally made it, that his life was going to get better now that he had a powerful patron, but he was wrong. The man he now had no choice but to serve was corrupt and wholly a self-serving evil bastard who’s only thought was that he could use Erik as a way to further his own power. By the time Erik was eighteen he had served the man for eight years and the light in his eyes had gone out long ago until one night he saw a light in the sky. Using the last bit of hope he could muster he made a wish to be free on that light….and then it crashed into the earth. His hope finally extinguished, he returned to the hovel he lived in to sleep, nightmares of always being a slave keeping it a fit-filled night. The next day he found that his wish might not have fallen on deaf ears, he had a chance when the call went through the guild for members to find what had fallen. This was it…this was his chance to get out from under that evil bastard and make a name for himself at the same time. He volunteered and set out on the mission.

[Writing Sample:] That night was cold even for those close to the fire. Erik sat in a nearby tree watching and waiting for his chance to strike. He wasn’t sure why people from the Reclamation guild were this close to Rema but it didn’t matter, since they were here they were good parts ready to be harvested. It was nearly dawn, and Erik had started to think he wasn’t going to have a chance, when one of the two people on guard left the fire to relive herself. She chose the wrong place, the tree directly under Erik and not only that but behind some large bushes. Erik looked up at the sky and thanked whatever god had blessed him with this chance. Then he took out his blade from the freshly oiled scabbard, pointed it down and dropped of the branch without making a sound. As he stuffed the newly acquired body into his sack he wondered if he should stick around and try to take out the other guard when they noticed the first one hadn’t come back but he didn’t want to push his luck so he sprinted away with his catch, once again thanking the gods that he would be able to eat tonight.

[Secret:]

Last edited by Rylus; Oct 29th, 2023 at 12:12 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2023, 02:15 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8941
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
hi rylus