Notices

Closed Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2023, 04:04 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
PaulK
“The difference in the method of attack means something - though I can’t say for certain that it means that they were planned by different minds.” Morgan points out. “But it may be an important piece of the puzzle.”

She takes the tour, making appreciative noises at anything she likes. She accepts the use of an unoccupied bedroom - whichever Rilar offers.

Once Rilar leaves she carefully inspects the wardrobe and drawers for any items of feminine apparel (Rilar is a son of Amber, after all). Then she undresses (taking care to empty the pockets) and puts her clothes out for the laundry.

A long, hot, drowsy bath follows. Morgan nearly falls asleep, but starts awake before she goes under.

The bath is followed by the indecision of what to wear. A few ideas bring amusement but are probably unfair to Rilar.

She comes down in a figure-hugging strapless blue gown, her hair loose. No jewellery, save for the ever-present bracelet on her wrist. She tries every pose, judging the impact by Rilar’s reaction, settling into the one he likes best.

When he is done she stretches away the stiffness of holding position, and goes to change. When she returns she wears a sports bra and sweat pants - she presumes a blade will be provided.

In the sparring she tests Rilar’s skill, putting more effort into exercise and practise than scoring fencing points.
Old Feb 7th, 2023, 11:12 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Redwing
Rilar admires Morgan’s blue gown and loose hair. “Your choice of attire is breathtaking and will make a most glamorous Trump.”

As she models her poses, he notices they all convey her natural beauty. After several minutes, he states his preference and is pleased when she agrees with his choice.

Next, he begins the long and precise process of creating the Trump.

When he reaches a stopping point and she departs to change clothes, he stows his materials and changes clothes in his room. He removes his sternum and thorax support chest brace and dons a green slim fit t-shirt and brown stretch jogger pants. Then returns downstairs and takes two blades from a display stand in his office.

He pauses for a moment to admire her physique when she steps outside before offering her the choice of weapon.

During the swordplay, he falters a few times, followed by rubbing his ribs. They parry blows until after sunset.

“Well done. I yield to your expertise. Thank you for the exercise. It has shown me that my skills, while improving, will take some time to recover. I don’t know about you, but my stomach is reminding me we have not eaten all day. May I interest you in going to a local tavern for dinner? My favorite is nearby on the boardwalk. They have a delectable assortment of dishes and excellent drinks. Or if you would rather stay in, Victor can prepare a delicious meal.”

Should she decide to go out, Rilar returns to his room and cleans up. Then comes back downstairs dressed in a stylish brown and green with yellow accents Regency era suit. He holds his cane at his side.

“Despite the reason for our meeting today, your company has been the most enjoyable.”

Last edited by Redwing; Feb 8th, 2023 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Clothing choice based on Morgan’s decision
Old Feb 8th, 2023, 01:49 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
Morgan lifts her blade in salute, when Rilar yields. “All the more reason to keep up the exercise. A swim before breakfast tomorrow?”

She happily consents to go to the tavern “A chance to stretch my legs would be good”

She joins Rilar - having showered and changed again - wearing a light blue midi-length sundress, with a plunging neckline. Perhaps not the best match of his outfit, but she can’t see him complaining. “Let’s hope our elders can put an end to our troubles quickly. A vacation here might be pleasant” she tells him, taking his free arm.
Old Feb 8th, 2023, 09:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Rilar smiles when he sees Morgan in her alluring outfit sliding her arm around his. The thought of a vacation with Morgan lifts his spirits. "I agree, a morning swim sounds delightful."

“Um, Morgan. This Shadow is based on the early 1800s of Shadow Earth with some personal modifications. While your outfit certainly compliments your figure, every local establishment would refuse us service. In fact, the local constabulary might arrest you for indecent exposure. I will put on something more casual should you wish to remain home. Is that acceptable?”

He turns toward her. Focused on her blue eyes, he resists the urge to look lower. “What would you like to do after dinner? I can play some melodies on the piano in the parlor. We can walk along the moonlight beach. I’m open to any of your suggestions."

Last edited by Redwing; Feb 8th, 2023 at 09:07 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 12:40 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
Morgan lowered her eyes “I haven’t had the time to acquaint my self with local fashion” she says. “Perhaps you can arrange something acceptable?”
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 04:26 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
“I understand, and I’m honored to help. It’s possible we can take my carriage and reach Miss Abigail’s Clothes Shop before it closes. She carries the best in woman’s wear in Griffon Bay. Allow me to run upstairs for a moment before we depart.”

Rilar calls out to Victor to start up his horseless carriage.

Rilar returns a few minutes later and helps Morgan put on a fetching marine blue with gold trim hooded cloak.

“There, that’s better. My car awaits.”

He leads her to the carriage house and Victor opens the passenger side door of a two seat steam-powered automobile.

Once Morgan and Rilar are inside, Rilar drives them to the ladies’ clothing store.

He steps out of the vehicle first and comes around to open her door and offers his hand to Morgan.

Luckily, Miss Abigail is still inside and opens her shop upon seeing Rilar.

“Good evening, Miss Abigail. I have a crisis of sorts. My dear companion direly needs suitable attire. They lost her luggage when she took the train from Norindar. Would you please help her?”

Miss Abigail nods she can. Then asks Mr. Riley and his lady friend to come inside. Miss Abigail assists Morgan find suitable attire that she likes. The process takes just over an hour, including the fine adjustments to insure everything fits properly.

Rilar thanks Miss Abigail and gives her a sizable tip with the payment.

They return to the carriage. And after Rilar opens the door for Morgan and then gets in the driver’s seat, he turns to her. “Now that we have solved this crisis, are you still up for a meal at the tavern, or would you like to go someplace else?”

Last edited by Redwing; Feb 9th, 2023 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 05:25 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
Morgan ends up wearing a high waisted dress in blue and silver with a low square neckline. And a petticoat, stays and a chemise beneath that. Miss Abigail insists. And stockings, of course.

“I think we go somewhere to eat. You said this tavern was your favourite?” she says when she gets back into the horseless carriage.
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 05:59 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
“Yes, The Siren’s Last Call. It’s the best eatery in town. Fortunately, I have a standing reservation.”

Rilar drives them to the tavern. The hostess greets Mr. Riley and his guest, then leads them to a booth near the back of the establishment.

After Morgan sits down, he sits across from her. He makes several dinner suggestions before the server arrives.

After they order drinks and dinner, he says, “You mentioned before that you spend most of your time away from home. That must be exciting. Do you have any tales that you’re willing to share?”
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 01:36 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
Morgan orders dinner and enough side dishes that the server has to work hard to keep his reactions hidden. More than enough for the two of them.

She answers Rilar’s questions. “Sightseeing can be exciting to do, but it’s not so exciting to talk about. For instance, I hadn’t visited the Grand Canyon before I came to Amber, so on an early trip to Shadow I looked for a place just like the photographs I remembered. And then I walked around a bit, just looking. When that started to get boring I decided to make it bigger, so I did a little Shadow walking - and so on.”

“But I guess you’ve done that sort of thing, got bored with it and moved on.”
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 04:04 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Rilar places the same order as Morgan. Then listens intently to her words, realizing he monopolized their time these last few hours.

“In a way. By isolating myself and creating objects and shadows to fill that boredom. I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon and would love to see those photographs that made you desire to seek it out.”

He extends his right hand across the table slowly. Offering it to her touch if she so desires.

“My apologies for the hellride I dragged you through this evening. I’d like the opportunity to correct my behavior.”

Staring beyond her at a painting on the wall of the ocean, he lowers his voice.

“Since the attack, I feel like I'm trapped in a powerful undercurrent. The unknown of where it will pull me is terrifying. “

Then turns back to her and smiles. “Thank you for being here with me. You reached out to me for help, and I need your help.”

Last edited by Redwing; Feb 10th, 2023 at 04:07 AM.
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 11:52 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
“Those photos are back where I used to live, and I don’t think I’ll be going back for a while. But you can look it up if you go back to Shadow Earth sometime. It’s almost the same there” Morgan told Rilar.

She patted his hand gently. “It’s alright. Except for the stays. I swear Miss Abigail must be family to be able to lace them so tight.”

She lowered her voice. “Plan. You finish the Trump. We rest. If Mother hasn’t contacted us by then we head back to Amber. I take it you have Trumps that will get us most of the way there? We find out what we can there - if we have no other clues we try to find out what was going on with Murshida. Because we can’t stay here and hope it goes away. If they can reach into Amber, nowhere is safe.”
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 12:27 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
“I certainly will. The canyon sounds like quite a sight to behold.”

Rilar grins, “Yes, Miss Abigail is quite special. We met years ago and have maintained a close friendship.”

Then nods in agreement. “I should finish by tomorrow evening. Hopefully, we will hear something by then. My deck can get us close, but I’m also concerned about Murshida. Though her accident might have only been an accident.”

The waiter returns with their beverages and appetizers.

After he has a drink, he laughs a little. “I’m still going to hold you to that morning swim.”
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 02:42 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
Morgan shakes her head slightly “Maybe it was an accident, but we need to know. I’d like it to be a coincidence, but I find it hard to believe.”

She sips at her wine, delicately and considers her reply.

“Oh swimming is still on - so long as I don’t have to wear something these people consider respectable. I dread to think what their idea of a bathing costume looks like.”
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 05:59 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Rilar chuckles: “I have a private beach. You can wear anything you desire.”

A busboy clears some of the appetizers’ dishes to make room before serving the entrees.

Moments later, the waiter returns inquiring about their dinner. Rilar request he send their compliments to the chef on the fantastic meals.

A few minutes after he leaves, Rilar asks Morgan, “Would you like to explore Griffon Bay tonight and dance at the Majestic? It’s a ballroom downtown, or take a moonlit walk in the city’s pleasure garden?”
Old Feb 12th, 2023, 10:45 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
The food disappears quicker than anyone unused to Amberite appetites might expect.

Once outside, Rilar asks what they should do next. Morgan solemnly disengages her arm, and stands directly in front of Rilar, taking his hands in hers. “I think” she starts. “I think that it would be a mistake to jump into anything too quickly. Not now. We need to be allies. I hope we can be friends. But anything more - could get messy and we don’t need that. Maybe, maybe later.”

She lowers her head. “Bearing that in mind, what would you like to do next?”
Closed Thread