Notices

Closed Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2023, 06:49 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
PaulK
The mention of Brand brings Morgan to a halt. “He’s dead. And I’m glad that he’s dead and gone!” she says with sudden vehemence. “Better not to speak of him”. She says no more and starts moving again.

By the time they make it to the street, she’s more relaxed - just wary for any threats. She looks around, trying to evaluate the offers, inevitably comparing it to Amber - and Vegas. She looks to Martin - who seems familiar with the place. “So. Where’s good?”
Old Sep 9th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 283
David VanDyke David VanDyke David VanDyke
"Depends. I have a half interest in Rockwood, and that's common knowledge. Makes it easy to sit in when I'm an owner. I've tried to nurture the nascent rock and R&B scene here, but it's still a niche place. Pro, I know it, and the staff can help watch our backs. Con, others do too, and would look for me there if they wanted to take another crack at us. Some random place, we might throw off any planning, shake them up. What's your feeling?"
Old Sep 9th, 2023, 02:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
Morgan thinks a bit. “You’re known here - and quite distinctive. If they’re looking for you, they’ll find you. Hmm.” She raises a finger to her lips. “If they got word of your arrival they might stake out Rockwood - but unless the guards have been talking I doubt they’ll have had time.”

“So, I guess Rockwood, but be careful going in and out, and maybe sit somewhere different from usual. We can ask the staff if anybody’s been looking for you. Unless you think word did get out?”
Old Sep 10th, 2023, 02:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
"I'd say it's fifty-fifty whether they had enough time to get anything like a hit team in place already. I have a secret way in, so we can use that. Once we're in, we act casual but keep our eyes open. If we're going to get hit, might as well be in a place of strength, right?"
Old Sep 10th, 2023, 03:57 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
“The trick to that is keeping it secret - especially when you want to use it as an exit.” Morgan observes. “But yes, if you think you can avoid giving it away, we can do that.”
Old Sep 10th, 2023, 02:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
"Trump is the ultimate escape, if it comes to that." He does a quick prestidigitation and a card appears in his hand, and then he makes it go away. "Ever since getting stabbed, I've made sure to keep them and other things handy. They say a brush with death concentrates the mind wonderfully."

He takes the next left, a street off the main avenue, lined with smaller shops. One is what she would call a liquor or off-licence store in a more Earthlike shadow, and he steps inside. Nodding to the proprietor, he leads her to the back and into a storeroom. After shutting the door, he swings a cabinet out and passes through a doorway into a short corridor. A door on the other end debouches into another storeroom full of beverages of all sorts and some nonperishable edibles.

This connects to the club proper behind the bar. The club turns out to be a medium-sized space with a stage big enough to squeeze a four-piece band onto it, and space for perhaps twenty small tables and a couple larger ones near the back, plus the long L-shaped bar itself. Right now there are only perhaps a dozen patrons inside, plus the bartender, a bouncer, and the manager, a middle-aged woman with skin as black as night, who comes bustling out of the office. "Martin! So good to see you, and looking fit as ever." She hugs him and busses him on both cheeks as Martin laughs. "You going to sit in tonight?"

"Maybe. Helda, meet Morgan, a cousin of mine. Look, we're in town because of the mess up at the palace, and we might draw some heat here. Call in some extra security, will you? Full arms, but keep them low key. And be ready to duck."

She frowns. "Oh, my my. Well, better get started on it. And here I thought I'd left merde like this behind in N'Awlins." She goes to talk to the bouncer.
Old Sep 10th, 2023, 03:32 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
When Martin mentions Trump as a getaway, Morgan puts in “Unless someone disrupts your concentration” looking just a little smug. “My attacker used a Trump controlled golem - though I couldn’t tell at the time. When I beat it he tried to get it back, but I broke the link. Got the thing back to mother to examine.”

She says nothing when going through the secret entrance, though she carefully observes the route and as much as she can figure of how it works.

She gives Helda a friendly nod but decides to let Martin handle that business - she’s probably his partner in the place. And it looks like there’s a story there.

When Helda has departed she turns o Martin and asks “Buy a girl a drink?”
Closed Thread