Notices

Closed Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2023, 02:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 283
David VanDyke David VanDyke David VanDyke
Fiona grunts, noncommittally. "I need to report my findings to Random. He's on edge about this whole thing, as Martin seems to be out of touch as well. Could be he's simply off in Shadow somewhere and not receiving calls, but I need you two to push forward on this--and stay wary. Don't be alone, if possible. You know the old adage about safety in numbers."

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:39 AM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2023, 01:13 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Redwing
After Fiona finishes up with them, Rilar says, “I’m going to head back to my personal Shadow. I ask that you both come along for safety. I need to change and Morgan should pick up anything she left behind. Then, we will visit Mother, to return Llewella’s Trump of me she lent to Fiona, who gave it to Morgan. Plus, I want to get the bullet that missed me for Fiona to examine.”

He waits for Morgan to return from changing clothes before taking everyone to his villa on the beach. He quickly changes out of his dinner suit as Morgan collects her items and then takes the three of them to Rebma. There he returns the Trump to Llewella, gets the bullet, and updates her on the situation, before finally bringing Morgan to the Crystal Goblet Bar in Amber.

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:40 AM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2023, 07:15 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
PaulK
Morgan doesn’t need to go anywhere to change - Rilar’s Shadow will be perfectly adequate. She switches to a blue silk blouse and tight black trousers, with a soft leather jerkin over the top - firmly belted at the waist.. The star sapphire jewelry goes in a small pouch, worn around her neck - and under her blouse. Rilar’s Trumps go in her belt pouch. She also - reluctantly - adds a sword. Violence seems a distinct possibility.

She does confirm ownership of the original Trump for Rilar before handing it over. She’d have rather confirmed it with her mother, but she has no reason to disbelieve Llewella.

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:40 AM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2023, 11:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Before they leave Fiona, she mentions that she got the bullet from Llewella and there's nothing special about it. She says she checked it against the special ammunition in the Royal Armory--none of that is missing, by the way--and the bullets don't match, but that's not surprising. The Earth where Rilar was shot has firearms widely available.

When they get to Rebma, Llewella greets each with a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and Morgan is once more reminded of her green-haired aunt's unusual warmth and concern in personal matters, so unlike the family's usual often-brusque self-sufficiency. After inquiring of Rilar's health and recovery, she says to Morgan, "You keep that trump--assuming Rilar has no objection. No doubt it will be useful to have a means of contacting him--though I'm sure he has one or two of his own lying around in case either of you need one."

Eventually they leave Rebma and with Rilar's leading, they end up at the Crystal Goblet Bar,

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:43 AM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2023, 12:34 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Inside the Crystal Goblet Bar, he orders a chalice of fine Amber wine. “It’s been a while since I have enjoyed a glass.”

He lifts his chalice in a toasting manner to Morgan. “May our paths lead us to the truth and together overcome any obstacles.”

When they finish drinking, Rilar suggest they go by Bragnorr’s Smithy.

“I’d like to see what’s left of the shop. And rummage through some of the rubble. In one shadow, I worked with various exploding devices wearing asbestos layers to protect myself. I never worked with creating the fires, only interacting as they detonated around me.”

Once there, Rilar looks at the remains of the shop.

“Also, I want to locate the exact spot within the broken forge where the firework detonated. This is to help determine the size of the firework in order to get an idea what could have fueled it. I’m not very knowledgeable about which combustibles work in Amber. But there must have been an agent. Perhaps magical or chemical?”

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:44 AM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2023, 01:11 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
Morgan orders one glass of wine, a dry white, and sips it slowly while she considers the investigation. “We should visit the neighbours and see if anybody saw anything. As well as noticing the bomber they might have seen someone taking an interest in the smithy in the last few days. And we should ask any of the regulars on the street the same questions.”

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:44 AM.
Old Mar 4th, 2023, 02:55 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
“It might not be the best time to search the remains but it might be a good time to investigate in other ways. See who’s around there at night, and find out if they saw anything” Morgan suggests.
Old Mar 5th, 2023, 12:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Rilar nods in agreement. “What do you think the best approach would be? Should we each talk to each person we meet, or should one of us do the talking while the other step back and keep an eye out for anyone who appears to be paying attention to our questions? Alternatively, is there another plan you had in mind?”

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:48 AM.
Old Mar 5th, 2023, 05:36 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
“I’ve never done anything like this” Morgan confesses. “Maybe we should go there, have a look around and see what we can see before deciding. It might be better to not be obviously together, though. Maybe split up - but keep close?”

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:48 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2023, 01:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
“Fair enough. I will keep you in sight as you investigate. Maybe it's better if only you asked questions. All of us inquiring together could seem a bit strange.”

Rilar loosens his grip on the hilt of the sheathed sword and takes out his favorite pen from inside his coat and paper from his shoulder strap artist’s pouch. He discreetly follows behind, stretching his arm out with his thumb raised, using it to observe the architecture of the area. Occasionally, he will jot down notes and sketch out interesting building designs he notices. Taking periodic looks at Morgan from a distance.

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:49 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2023, 02:13 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
Since Rilar agrees, they set off for Craftsmen’s Row, to see what it’s like when the craftsmen have ended work for the day.

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:50 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2023, 03:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The way down from the Goblet via the wider, better-lit avenues is easy enough. When they arrive at the nearly deserted Craftsman's Row, they see the collapsed blacksmithery. Rubble and debris has been removed or swept back in, so the street is unobstructed, but otherwise it seems untouched.

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:50 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2023, 05:13 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PaulK
“The person who planted the device may be just a hireling, so let’s ask questions before wringing necks” Morgan suggests. She looks around, to see if anyone is there. Do any of the businesses employ nightwatchmen? is there any other sort of trade on the streets? Surely if the place just closed up, it would be an invitation to crime.
Old Mar 6th, 2023, 07:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Morgan sees no night watch-persons, but they did pass a patrol of two of the city constables, who wear uniforms of orange, red and brown, and bear heavy staves and short swords. In fact, after a few moments of looking, two more make their way down the street and look Morgan over, and glance at Rilar a bit apart, doing his sketching. "Bit of a mess, eh?" one ventures, nodding toward the smithy.

Last edited by David VanDyke; Mar 24th, 2023 at 12:51 AM.
Old Mar 7th, 2023, 07:53 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Redwing
Rilar nods to the constables walking by. He stays focused on his sketching and does not talk to them. After they have gone, he continues to sneak peeks at his friends as he draws. While he looks away from his pad, he also looks around for anyone who could be a danger.
Closed Thread