... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 29th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16282
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
For real, The Race for Third is worth reading. And I'm not just saying that because I was in it. Two things...
  1. I recommend reading my entry using the NightFight background. It's the least terrible best option.
  2. I think we can all agree that the most garish, unsightly, unacceptable part of my formatting is that I forgot to close a [b] tag.

Uh. I mean... Congrats, spoonybard!

Last edited by Unko Talok; Nov 29th, 2020 at 03:45 PM.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 03:55 PM
ˇSalud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9384
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Wow! What a scoring battle on the 3rd-place round. Eked out via the early submission point
Congrats Spoonybard on the top finish. And thanks for great reads, everyone!
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 04:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1673
Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco
Congrats Spoonybard!

and to Unko, too

I have no quibble with the judge's comments on my entry. When I started brainstorming last Sunday afternoon, the concept took shape pretty easily over the span of a couple hours...but by Wednesday or Thursday, I was having troubles getting everything to fall into place the way I had envisioned it. Of course, by then it was too late to throw it all away and start over, so I put it all together as best as I could. I'm still happy with the effort, and ecstatic that I made it to the finals...and I have a lot of feedback to use for next year.

I've spent a lot of time world-building over the past few decades, but never actually DM'ed for anyone other than myself. Now, my son is bugging me to DM a campaign for him and his friends...so it looks like I may have picked up a new hobby
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 04:06 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6614
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
I'm pretty sure that despite the justification of being an entry set in the Ultraviolet Glasslands, Unko's formatting has committed several war crimes, burnt down an orphanage and probably hasn't called its mother in several months.

Win or lose, congrats to everyone who made it this far!
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 04:09 PM
YEET THE L33T

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17358
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Talok only winning via early submission makes the real third place victor me, I do believe

I am satisfied with my entries, and my write ups should be posted in the next day or two, which will hopefully be an interesting read for folks. Or not? IDK.

Welcome! Everything is fine.

Last edited by AwesomeEli; Nov 29th, 2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 07:15 PM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33950
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
@Thaco: I think your son would have a blast.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 07:27 PM
ˇSalud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9384
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Agree. How lucky are you that your kid wants you to do this with him and his friends. Congrats.
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 01:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4837
Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard
Thanks all! That was a lot of fun. I believe I came up with some good ideas in my entries, and I hope they can provide at least some inspiration for DMs writing their own adventures.

A big thanks to Inem for all the work put into running a successful event, and to all the judges for their feedback beyond scoring the entries.

See everyone next year!
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 12:14 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13360
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
  1. I recommend reading my entry using the NightFight background. It's the least terrible best option.
Nope. This hurt more. At least Parchment dulls out some of your awful awful awful awful color scheme (sorry, I tried to write that sentence several times without the word awful, but it was impossible)
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 02:35 PM
YEET THE L33T

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17358
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
It burns the eyes and soothes the soul, truly.

Welcome! Everything is fine.
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 03:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4837
Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard
I'm 100% a fan of Unko's formatting, burned eyes and all. In fact, I'm a fan of the unclosed [b] as well. It reminds me of adding a "1" at the end of an exclamation!!!!!1. That there was [b]so much frenzied energy going into the module that the bb code was exposed.

Now I'm inspired to write a module using fake exposed BB code as part of the adventure itself (ok not really, but it's a fun thought). [SKILLCHECK="Strength;Difficult"]The PCs can force open the jammed airlock door in order to escape the station.[/SKILLCHECK]
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2303
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
The judging for Unko and Eli's round was almost as fun to read as the entries

Well done Spoony, and everyone else who competed! Had a blast reading along.
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4906
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
Well done to everyone! I was kinda busy with my games and didn't post these last weeks, but I did lurk and it's been a nice ride. Congrats to the winners, the non-winners, the organizers, to everyone!
Old Today, 05:54 AM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26711
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Now that everyone has had some time to congratulate the winner, it is also time to look towards the future. I have just started a new thread where anyone is invited to suggest new ingredients for future years. You can find it here. I encourage all of you to submit your ideas and spread the word to others who might not see this message here that they can submit ingredients there. I look forward to some creative ideas from all of you.