Old 06-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
JamesH
Hi, greetings, Hello!

Hello! New here :-)

I am an old skool 2E player but have experience of Pathfinder, 3.5 as well as various other iterations of D&D and other RPGs... and now 5E (currently frying my mental circuits getting my head round the 27 things that happen each time you level up). I'm playing one bi-weekly 5E game on Roll20 but fancy dabbling with a PBP that isn't too taxing. Don't mind the system so long as I can find an understanding DM!

At some point in the future I wouldn't mind GMing a one shot. Probably 2E rules.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:13 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65047
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you joined us, and brought your experience. We love that... and imagination.

Happy gaming!
Old 06-30-2020, 07:02 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Scot Thomas
Hi James nice to meet you welcome to the site. Happy gaming as well.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:15 PM
Keeper of Three Gremlins

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3056
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site! The good thing about PbP is that the pace can be great for accustoming to new games and systems. You might only post once or twice a week, which gives you time to know your character and what they do, and time to be comfortable with the underpinning mechanics.

You'll probably find some 2e fans if you start a call-out, there's some games going and still discussion here and there on getting more going.

Let us know if you have any questions!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28618
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

You'll find no shortage of D D5 around these parts. It's the most popular game by a country mile! But Pathfinder's no slouch either. More than half my games are PF1.

We're a lot more than just play by post though! We have advice sections for both players and GMs, more forum games than you can shake a stick at, and even a dedicated creative writing wing called the library.

If you have free time we can kill it for you.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 07-01-2020, 07:39 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22954
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning JamesH,

So cool to read you have a DnD gaming group. We don't have a game group running at the moment but I have to say we do have a boardgame group that regurarely meets up to play boardgames like 'Tainted Grail', 'Legends of Novus' and '7th Continent'. And a lot of other boardgaes but these games have a lot of adventure and roleplay/DnD vives ;-)

Anyway, welcome over here and I hope you have fun over here. If you have questions, feel free to ask

Last edited by chocoladevla; 07-01-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:22 AM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13264
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Welcome to the site, JamesH! I'm going to assume that it's not the case that your last name starts with H, but that your name is pronounced like Sean Connery saying "James", and you just really wanted to emphasize the "H" at the end so people didn't mess it up.

As others have said, play-by-post can be helpful since it doesn't require you to be super fast and know the rules at every moment. You've got time to look things up, which is nice. And there are definitely some 2E folks about the site! Heck, I just joined a Planescapegame. While it's 5E, a lot of the people in there are 2E-proficient!

If you've got any questions, let us know. We're happy to help.