RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5676
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Terrick Talmost:
right-aligned image
left-aligned image
Name: Str 10 | Dex 14 | Con 10 | Int 14 | Wis 14 | Cha 16Terrick Talmost
Race: Chondathan Human
Class: Battle MasterFighter
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
House: Wavesilver
Background:
-Fifth son to Baldrick Talmost and Gwendolyn Silverhand, third daughter of Silverhand bloodline within the Silverhand-Arunsun-Maerdrym family
-Third cousin by marriage into Wavesilver holding
Noble/Sage
Personality trait:
-My eloquent flattery makes everyone I talk to feel like the most wonderful and important person in the world.
Ideal:
-Family. Blood runs thicker than water. (Any)
Bond:
-My life’s work is a series of tomes related to a specific Smutty novels.field of lore.
Flaw:
-I have an insatiable desire for carnal pleasures.

Physical Description: Terrick is easily mistaken for a Dwarf on some occasions and a Halfling on even rarer occasions. He stands at a whopping four and a half feet tall and weighing little more than a hundred pounds it's easy to assume from a distance that he might not be human. While he is afflicted of a strange disease that caused him to grow no taller than a Dwarf, his head, torso, hands and feet are normal proportions for a human his size rather than being gnarled, meaty or over-thick like a Dwarf's. His face is 'handsome' with tousled dirty blonde hair and evenly spaced brown eyes that gleam with a hidden intellect or cunning. He fancies his royal duds, a red tunic with calf-high brown leather boots and red trousers. Over his tunic, he wears a leather breastplate and pauldrons with a Lion's head embossed at the center collarbone, the sigil of his house. He wears a dark red cape draped about his shoulders, tailored for his height so it doesn't drag the ground too much. His fine leather pack is strapped with a crossbow and a pack of quarrels. He uses a shortsword and nearly drags along a tower shield that is almost as tall as he is.

Personality: Terrick is casual and friendly above everything else, he isn't afraid to make small talk with people, quickly making fast friends with them. He has a love for wine, ale, whiskey and literally any kind of drink that contains alcohol, luckily not to too much excess, I mean..he has to stop drinking once he passes out so, there's always a limit. The only time he might lose his composure is when his father scolds him, after all, it's easy to hate a child that is different hence the drinking problem.

Backstory: Terrick was the accident, born into the Talmost bloodline, married into the Silverhand-Arunsun-Maerdrym family of Longsaddle. The second problem, He was born a little differently than most children, even the midwife could tell he wasn't normal, his arms and legs just a bit shorter than they should be. His mother wailed when the first time Terrick's father seen him, he ripped him from the swaddling blanket and carried him outside by his ankle, crying every breath. The well in the backyard, was going to be the boy's resting place but something in the old Lord Baldrick just couldn't push him far enough to let the kid drop into the icy cold water below.

Lord Baldrick became more bitter with every year as the small lad became learned, quick of wit and even he couldn't deny that the boy had inherited the best of his father's good looks and charm, able to talk the cooks and servants out of a month's pay without breaking a sweat. Poisoned by an assassin in the employ of Melshimber family.Once his mother passed rather suddenly and his raising fell to the servants, they quickly realized that as small as Terrick was, he had become quite the handful.

In time, the boy, having shown intelligence and wit beyond that of his siblings, was sent to learn magic from the Harpells at the Ivy Mansion, his father determined to make something of the stunted fruit of his loins. Unfortunately, instead of showing an enthusiasm for the magical arts so prevalent in his mother's family he opted for enthusiasm towards his close proximity to alcohol and women, his mentors found him constantly occupied and shirking his duties in the company of either the former or the latter, or both. When he was caught red handed, or red faced, he would be sent to a solitary room to sober himself before returning to his learning. Instead he spent the drunken hours of his mind writing novels that would make even the ladies in the brothels blush. Books which in his adult years, he came to publish under the Pen name, Leo Goldmane. Needless to say, despite the strangeness of the Harpell wizards, they couldn't handle young Terrick so he was sent back to his family home. To his father's dismay, if Terrick wasn't laying about, or sleeping off a hangover, he was in the town of Longsaddle looking for his next potential hangover or warm bed.

After Terrick's twenty fifth birthday, Lord Baldrick resigned to the fact that his son would bring him naught but shame, had set up an arrangement to be remarried to a noble lady of the house of Wavesilver. Upon the marriage date, the aging lord moved his slowly diminishing holdings, his entire staff and his remaining youngest son to Waterdeep in order to sponge off his new family. While Terrick as clever as he was, could have easily picked up the new family business by sitting at a desk all day, writing ledgers and keeping track of manifests as a clerk for his new family, he decided it was far too demeaning to his family name from his mother's side. He started spending more and more time among the brothels of the port city, feeding his addiction of the flesh and drink. It wasn't long that this new disgrace in the eyes of his father and new cousins brought Terrick his disavowed status. He was bidden by his father to take whatever property was given him in his young adulthood, a certain amount of ceremonial arms and armor and to be gone. Unfortunately, Terrick found his way to the nearest brothel and indulged himself until he started to run out of money for drink and favorable company. Now, he has to come to the hard terms of having to find work, and doing something more meaningful with his time rather than being a philanderer, which is going to be quite the challenge.

He doesn't have very many skills aside from clerical ones, copying and calculating costs as he was an avid learner in his youth, but he will always have his silver tongue and his mind for military tactics. His father suggested to his tutor that Terrick learn to maneuver numbers and supplies around to battlefields, Luckily for Baldrick, his boy took to it, becoming moderately adept at drawing maps and planning troop movements.

Writing Sample: Since the year it had started, the Talmost-Wavesilver family had attended The Womford Pie Contest held by the Nightwood Food Foundation, In fact, it was the only time him and his father actually got along, mostly due to the reason that they could easily avoid each other and fully engage their attentions in what each liked the most, food for the Lord and drink for Terrick. At no consequence to one another, they could eat and drink to their heart's content and not deal with one another. While they never missed a year in the past, his father's new bride had finally grown into her position and commanded that the festival be missed this year.

'What a boorish hag.' Terrick thought to himself as he penned in his journal, a set of memoirs of sorts, a documentation of his adventures on the road so that when he finally fulfills his father's wishes and perishes at the hands of some cutthroat or monstrous creature, at least there would be some record that he existed at all. With that, he wiped the tip of his quill on the leg of his trousers, having lost his last kerchief fleeing from some highwaymen, then stoppered the bottle of ink and tucking it all away. Lastly, he closed his book and tucked it under his arm before rolling to his feet. In a clatter of gear, he hoisted his backpack and carefully hooked first one arm then the other in the straps before heading off towards the village proper. It wouldn't be a long walk from the momentary rest he had taken under the boughs of an old tree just outside the village but he was sure the walk would lengthen a bit as it would likely end at the local tavern.

With every other step, the corner of his large tower shield would tap and scrape the dirt, Why and how, for that matter did he manage to carry such a large implement was something that he pondered often but recently he had learned a somewhat efficient way to truss it to his pack that gave his arms freedom rather than dragging the thing along beside him but nothing was perfect out on the road, you made do however you could and therefore, the large tower shield hung wopper-jawed on his pack, one corner hanging lower than the other and thus cause for the scraping.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 03-07-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1162
fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s
Nice applications! I'll have a hard time choosing. Please wrap up applications today. I'll choose later tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Thank you all for applying.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:50 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
Vokub Vokub
Good luck to everyone!
Old 03-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5676
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
My application is complete. Thank you for the consideration.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1793
MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ
App is complete. Will go over it one last time to review, but it should be good to go.

Last edited by MrCeeJ; 03-07-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:07 PM
Roma Invicta

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1786
Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382
Good luck everyone!
Old 03-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1162
fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s
Very hard. So many interesting apps. Thank you for expressing confidence in me by applying.

Made my choices:
tomplum|Kerwin
Vokub|Thybaudin
Allu|Pelaios
Djinni Man|Devyn
Tommyk382|Derek

I'm sending a PM to the selections.

In case someone drops out:
First alternate: Ursinorum|Snap
Second alternate: Chaos Havik|Loki