RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 662
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Lent Fallow

Lent

Name: Lent Fallow
Race: Tiefling
Class: Paladin
Background: Hermit
Backstory: Lent grew up as the adopted son and caretaker of an elderly woman named Cassandra Rhabd, the last priestess in The Order of Sybilline Sight, an ancient organization dedicated to serving as oracles of the gods. His daily life consisted of keeping the Order's armaments in good repair, preparing their meals, keeping their vestry tidy, and acting as her scribe when her visions came so that they could be recorded in the local temple's records. He was also responsible for attending to any visitors that came by seeking her wisdom, but most people considered her Order more of a relic of the past than a source of divine revelation, and so their visitors were few.

The life was quiet and pleasant, if a bit lonely, but she taught him his letters and numbers, and instilled in him a deep and lasting sense of curiosity about the systems and interactions operating between the world of mortals and the world of the gods. If their relationship did not correspond exactly to what most people understand as a mother-son dynamic, they could hardly be blamed. Lent had never known his mother, and Cassandra had never borne children--they did their best and over the years they attained a mutual sense of Platonic affection and responsibility for each other's well-being.

One night, a vision came to Cassandra concerning the pending downfall the House of Weiss, a local family with money and powerful connections, for their various crimes and abuses of power. A few days after Lent recorded them in the temple's records, he was awoken in the wee small hours by a handful of heavily armed men wearing the colors of the Weiss family banging at their vestry door. When he came to Cassandra's room to wake her, he found her sitting in her bed and packing traveling provisions into a satchel. "Well, dear boy, what did you expect?", she asked with a wan smile, "they were hardly going to thank me. I've packed you enough food and warm clothes to last you a few days, but you must leave me now. I will only slow your going. My fate is sealed; the gods have decreed it. Your fate, however, lies far away from here."

Lent stood horrified, tears welling up in his eyes. "No! You go on ahead, I'll buy you some time and catch up with you." The sound of axes tearing down their doors drowned out her response, and when Lent ran to the hallway to meet them, he found himself bearing the armaments he'd spent his life caring for--a suit of armor and an ancient warhammer bearing the strange livery of Cassandra's long-forgotten Order. When the men approached, he reigned down blows upon them with an otherworldly ferocity; in a few moments, they all lay in oozing puddles of blood and brain on the floor. Jubilant, he ran to Cassandra's room to tell her what had happened, only to find her slumping lifelessly, but still somehow smiling, on her bed beside the satchel.

Inside, he found a note she had scrawled in her final moments: "Who can win an argument with the gods?"

Since that day, Lent has wandered the lands in exile serving as a paladin for a deity whom he barely knows, seeking the answer to that question.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75
Coolsip
Anaho Ko-Lak-Eo
right-aligned image

Name: Anaho Ko-Lak-Eo
Race: Goliath
Class: Hunter
Background: Outlander

Background: “The hunter grows idle through time, through time the idle are hunted” - Ko-Lak-Eo proverb.

The oral traditions of the Ko-Lak-Eo goliath tribe have passed from father to child for generations; an unending chain of tales, wisdom, and duty. Words of speakers long since ash echo through the ages, chanting the sacred task of any Ko-Lak-Eo scion - protect. The legends speak of great bears, many-headed beasts with dagger fangs, even a colossal serpent whose evil devoured kingdoms whole. All members of the tribe, upon reaching age, must strike out into the wilds to deliver the ancestral hunt, and cleanse the world of some primal evil. Not all return.

Anaho was born to a famed hunter of his people, a chieftain in all but official title. His skin, resembling a clean slate of granite, bore none of the genetic markings of the tribe. To half of the one hundred or so goliaths populating the barren slopes, Anaho represented a prophesied leader; able to bring together the scattered giant folk. To the others, he was an outcast. To his father, he was an eternal shame.

Life upon Maun-Kainga was unforgiving, composed of relentless physical training and competition, interspersed with the daily scouring of the mountain for supplies. Anaho devoted himself to study, memorising the names and deeds of the Ko-Lak-Eo heroes of past. This preparation shaped his body and mind, crystallising the steps of his long path ahead. On his Chosen name-day, the day of departure from the tribe, he bid short farewells, seized by the intoxicating mixture of trepidation and anticipation. Staring down the mountainside to the green, soft valleys below, Anaho imagined his glorious return to his people.

………………………

Some time into the long, lonely ranges of his hunt, Anaho slew his first beast; a giant wolf. Ragged and exhausted, he stared at the frail, half starved form of the vanquished wolf for an eternity. It’s fur and eyes were grey and blue. He felt no joy. No jubilation. No fulfilment. It had been so easy, so casual. A heavy sinking feeling plummeted through the hollow pit vacated by his emotions. Shaken by this encounter Anaho has wandered aimlessly for some months, taking odd jobs guarding caravans and towns, hoping a worthy cause or foe will arise to lift his inertia.

Appearance: The stark wilderness of their homeland has shaped the Ko-Lak-Eo tribe, each member seeking to embody the three aspects of their spirit gods. Anaho, on the other hand, exemplifies them. Mountain; ranging in human lands and towns Anaho towers feet above village heroes and folk legends. Broad muscle coats every inch of his frame, solid and implacable as harsh stone. Sky; Anaho's skin reflects the bitter skies above Maun-Kainga, a dark brooding grey pierced. Azure blue eyes pierce like lightning from beneath his brow. His skin is unblemished by the usual markings of his people, setting him apart from birth, a feature rarely noticed by other races. Beast; To a Goliath life is a constant battle for survival; to hunt and battle the only markers of a true champion. As is tradition, Anaho’s past victories are adorned across his body. Most noticeable is a grey wolf-fur cloak, draped across his shoulders and tied at the hood with a string of monstrous fangs.

Personality: Anaho’s slow mannerisms and lengthy silences can come across as hard, unyielding. Years on the outskirts of civilisation, battling the elements or the disapproving looks of common folk, have left him cagey and cautious. Beneath the stone surface however, Anaho is thoughtful, always taking time to appreciate the quiet majesty of the lands he roams. A deep affection for living creatures, especially the very small, stirs his best attributes: loyalty, bravery, and an innate sense of right and wrong.

Last edited by Coolsip; 03-09-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1706
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
@Marten; I know you have listed the books that we can use and that Unearthed Arcana isn’t in there, but would you allow the UA Skill Feats? I’m specifically interested in the Arcanist feat;

You study the arcane arts, gaining the following benefits:

• Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.

• You gain proficiency in the Arcana skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.

• You learn the prestidigitation and detect magic spells. You can cast detect magic once without expending a spell slot, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest.

Source: Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills, p. 1

If not I’ll just take Magic Initiate but I thought I should ask.

Edit: Other than that my application is complete.

Last edited by Lazer; 03-09-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18
Marten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
@Marten; I know you have listed the books that we can use and that Unearthed Arcana isn’t in there, but would you allow the UA Skill Feats? I’m specifically interested in the Arcanist feat;

You study the arcane arts, gaining the following benefits:

• Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.

• You gain proficiency in the Arcana skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.

• You learn the prestidigitation and detect magic spells. You can cast detect magic once without expending a spell slot, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest.

Source: Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills, p. 1

If not I’ll just take Magic Initiate but I thought I should ask.

Edit: Other than that my application is complete.
No, no UA
Old 03-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1706
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
No problem, Magic Initiate it is, then. My app is complete.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75
Coolsip
My application is complete, thanks for the chance to apply. Good luck to all.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
bookworm bookworm
Application - Keahi
right-aligned image

Name: Keahi
Race: Fire Genasi
Class: Wizard (Divination)
Background: Sage

Appearance: Keahi is clearly a fire genasi with red brown skin and hair that resembles banked coals in color and glow. Her hair becomes true flame when she casts spells, granting even non fire spells a touch of light or heat. With her body temperature as high as it is she is usually most comfortable in sleeveless dresses, with vests and pants worn for rougher traveling.

Personality: Even as she struggles to figure out what she should be doing with her life Keahi maintains a positive outlook that comes form her certainty that there is a greater purpose to her life. She is friendly with the people she encounters and generally considers the interest that comes with her fire genasi nature to be an excellent way to get to know people. She tends to be drawn towards those who also have been marked by something unusual, believing that they also have a greater destiny to fulfill. By observing those who do great works she hopes to further develop her own understanding of destiny and how she might find her own.

Backstory: For as long as Keahi can remember the elders of her hometown spoke of the great destiny that must await her. For why else would a fire genasi have been birthed in this peaceful village? The expectation of such a destiny excited Keahi, it was good to know that she was important, just by being herself. She yearned to know what the future held for her, and frequently prayed to Istus for a sign of where her destiny lay and what she should do to reach it. But she never received an answer.

Determined to work out what she ought to do with her life she began to study previous great destinies along with divination magic. The arcane resources and historical records of her hometown were quickly exhausted though and Keahi knew that she needed to leave to seek out the skills and knowledge she needed.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1503
Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus
Good luck everyone, there are some excellent characters to choose from.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1900
Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete
The suspense is building! Good luck to all, and to the four that will begin their adventure!
Old 03-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14671
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
Clearly I won't be getting in app in before the closing deadline.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:20 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 147
Robbie Exley Robbie Exley
Character Application - Helen "Daybreaker" Zanesim

Name - Helen "Daybreaker" Zanesim
Class - Paladin
Race: Female Protector Aasimar
Medium build, slightly taller than most humans. Height - "6.09" Weight - 62 Kg
Light Grey skin, black hair and topaz eyes. Silver wings while using her "Radiant Soul" ability.

Background: Noble

A wanderer with a darkened past Helen took up her role as a paladin after her husband foolishly made a deal with a coven of necromancers in a desperate bid to heal their dying son. When he tried to back out of the pact when he found out the price was the souls of every living thing in their town the furious coven assaulted the town, rallying the townsfolk Helen fought until she dropped. Bloodied, broken but unbowed she and the town were rescued by five green knights, the paladins who would eventually train her and give her new purpose but it was already too late. Many were dead, including her own family.

Under their diligent training of the paladins, a group she would now know them as the Thornblade Brotherhood Helen became a dedicated warrior and a relentless protector of the innocent fighting alongside druids and rangers to keep the natural world and civilization from destroying the other, by the end of her training she returned to the civilized world to prevent others from suffering her loss.

Personality: Helen is a woman who is a stubborn defender of her view of justice. She believes all deserve a chance and treats all equally despite her noble upbringing, from the lowest beggar to the highest lord Helen would fight as hard for both. However she is slow to truly trust people and this causes her to be vengeful should she be crossed. She also has a great hatred of necromancy because of the loss of her family and town and will happily voice her opinions upon it.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Fighting Style: Dueling.
Equipment: Chain mail armour, longsword, javelin and shield. Additional equipment from paladin class and noble background will not be listed.
Skills: Athletes, Intimidation from class. Persuasion,History from Noble background.
Languages: Common and Celestial from race. Dwarfish from Noble background.

Ability Scores (including racial bonuses)

Strength: 15
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 10
Charisma: 17

Picture:

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited by Robbie Exley; 03-11-2019 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to add details.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:51 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Marten
Sorry- had to go out of towm unexpectadly. Will be making my selections by 2/13 Midnight.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 662
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DialPforPickles View Post
Lent

Name: Lent Fallow
Race: Tiefling
Class: Paladin
Background: Hermit

Backstory: Lent grew up as the adopted son and caretaker of an elderly woman named Cassandra Rhabd, the last priestess in The Order of Sybilline Sight, an ancient organization dedicated to serving as oracles of the gods. His daily life consisted of keeping the Order's armaments in good repair, preparing their meals, keeping their vestry tidy, and acting as her scribe when her visions came so that they could be recorded in the local temple's records. He was also responsible for attending to any visitors that came by seeking her wisdom, but most people considered her Order more of a relic of the past than a source of divine revelation, and so their visitors were few.

The life was quiet and pleasant, if a bit lonely, but she taught him his letters and numbers, and instilled in him a deep and lasting sense of curiosity about the systems and interactions operating between the world of mortals and the world of the gods. If their relationship did not correspond exactly to what most people understand as a mother-son dynamic, they could hardly be blamed. Lent had never known his mother, and Cassandra had never borne children--they did their best and over the years they attained a mutual sense of Platonic affection and responsibility for each other's well-being.

One night, a vision came to Cassandra concerning the pending downfall the House of Weiss, a local family with money and powerful connections, for their various crimes and abuses of power. A few days after Lent recorded them in the temple's records, he was awoken in the wee small hours by a handful of heavily armed men wearing the colors of the Weiss family banging at their vestry door. When he came to Cassandra's room to wake her, he found her sitting in her bed and packing traveling provisions into a satchel. "Well, dear boy, what did you expect?", she asked with a wan smile, "they were hardly going to thank me. I've packed you enough food and warm clothes to last you a few days, but you must leave me now. I will only slow your going. My fate is sealed; the gods have decreed it. Your fate, however, lies far away from here."

Lent stood horrified, tears welling up in his eyes. "No! You go on ahead, I'll buy you some time and catch up with you." The sound of axes tearing down their doors drowned out her response, and when Lent ran to the hallway to meet them, he found himself bearing the armaments he'd spent his life caring for--a suit of armor and an ancient warhammer bearing the strange livery of Cassandra's long-forgotten Order. When the men approached, he reigned down blows upon them with an otherworldly ferocity; in a few moments, they all lay in oozing puddles of blood and brain on the floor. Jubilant, he ran to Cassandra's room to tell her what had happened, only to find her slumping lifelessly, but still somehow smiling, on her bed beside the satchel.

Inside, he found a note she had scrawled in her final moments: "Who can win an argument with the gods?"

Since that day, Lent has wandered the lands in exile serving as a paladin for a deity whom he barely knows, seeking the answer to that question.

App complete!
Old 03-14-2019, 03:28 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Marten
Thanks for the interest...

the selected characters have been sent PMs.