RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90
Mikealee134
Quote:
Ezraharden Human Wizard Outlander

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=72743
What about this game appeals to you? I'm a huge fan of D&D! I've played for the last 12 years, though this is my first time trying a post version. The combat/dungeon centered theme of the campaign is what drew me. I've DMed for many games, so I do enjoy roleplaying, but the games combat aspect is just so fun!

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't appeal to you? I have in one campaign done a facebook messenger post system where we chatted about the game and finished off some stories by posting there, and it was a challenge to explain the image i had in my head to all the players with just words. There was some confusion, and we eventually avoided combat there. So I anticipate some challenges, but I'm also eager to see how you tackle those same problems.

Any questions you might have? For my character the wizard needs a spellbook to function, however, it's cost alone is 50gp (your limit). In the character sheet I put things together assuming I'd get it for free, but I wanted to clarify it with the DM first.

Experience with 5e I've DMed mostly from 5e for 4 games each lasting about a year or over that. I'm very familiar with the rules, and how the game works.

Expected Post Rate As i mentioned before this is my first foray into this kind of game. I will meet the expectations of the DM without problems though. In your description you described your expectations as at least 1/day.

Backstory Ezraharden has been a traveling wizard for most of his adult life. He gets by using his magic to aid folk as he travels in exchange for food and shelter. Seeing new places and meeting new people is the delight of his life. He is looking for new adventure on the horizon to help him forget his many mistakes from the past.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:08 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
aBadDayForRain aBadDayForRain
Lilith
left-aligned image

Lilith Moonveil
Half Elf Bard

Character Sheet

Background Archetype: Traveling Entertainer/Adventurer. (Took entertainer background)
Trait: "I don't mind dramatics, as long as i'm the center of it."
Ideal: "Any event I am part of, good or bad, is a tale to sing of in my story."
Bond: "My instrument is more dear to me than any friend."
Flaw: "Wanting to be the hero of her own famous story Lilith can be overly energetic, narcissistic, adventurous and ambitious regularly leading her into trouble"
Appearance:

Background:

What about this game concept appeals to you?
Open party structure, easy to join, welcoming to newer players and hopefully high post rate.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
I fear since its a dungeon crawler I wont have the proper outlet to role play my character to the fullest.

Experience with 5e
Average to above average. I know what I'm doing. I am however new to play by post.

Expected post rate.
Multiple times a day.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Typhon
left-aligned image
Name Typhon
Race half-elf
class hex blade warlock
background acolyte
completed character sheet
What about this game concept appeals to you? simple dungeon delve to test a character.
Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you? Lack of story but it's certainly not needed
Any questions you might have none
Experience with 5e 3yrs on rpg, crossing lots of study on characters, critical role.
Expected post rate multiple /day

Last edited by delpinator; 11-25-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
Forest gnome
Ranger
Folk hero
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=70286

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
I would prefer a higher starting cash for some concepts like wizard/ranger but not a big deal.

What about this game concept appeals to you?
Have only DM in a home brew campaign in 5e so Iím itching to play any of the characters I have waiting to play. Seems like a good way to dive into a game and not having to think about a whole bunch of detail story in a few seconds and just play and improvise.

-Any questions you might have?
Nope

-Experience with 5e.
DM for 2 years and making characters off and on as an exercise

-Expected post rate.
1 to X times per day
Old 12-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
LindyMarine LindyMarine
Aengus
Illuskan Human
Ranger
Outlander
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=73123

What about this game concept appeals to you? Yes, frequency of posting the most!
-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you? Nothing
-Any questions you might have? None
-Experience with 5e. Great experience with 5e, currently playing in long term home campaign and DMing in another
-Expected post rate = At least 1x/day
Old 12-10-2017, 09:29 PM
A blessing from above

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 347
Gamemaster0007 Gamemaster0007 Gamemaster0007 Gamemaster0007

Last edited by Gamemaster0007; 12-10-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1661
dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel
I may be interested in joining this game. I presume my character from City of Endless Arenas will not transfer to this. I am willing to play this game as a 1st level of mu CoEA character once I retire him from there. That won't be soon at all he has a lot of playing left to go. Just sending an interest. PM me if I can do what I am proposing to do.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Nutter Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1758
DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker
I am not Agrudez but I am also not sure what you are requesting -- so they may not either.

Does the City of Endless Arenas have the same format for character creation? If yes and you are starting this character off at 1st level when you bring them over to Dungeon Dive -- I see no reason why anyone would say no.

However if the City of Endless Arenas does not have the same format as Dungeon Dive for creating characters then I would imagine they would say no -- as that would most likely open a can of wyrms that Agrudez would most likely not want to deal with especially if the CoEA format allows you to create a better starting character than DD does. Or if you are asking can I bring my character over after leveling them up in CoEA then again I think they would most likely say no for basically the same reasons.

If you are wanting to say your character sailed here from wherever the City of Endless Arenas is located I do not think that would be an issue as long as it is understood that characters currently cannot just go from one to the other without first Agrudez and the owner of CoEA working out some kind of collaboration deal.

Okay those are just by 2 copper pieces based off my limited exposure to Agrudez and his game

Last edited by DeJoker; 12-22-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel
OK fair enough. I will wait for the response from Agrudez. I am in no hurry
Old 12-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Nutter Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker
Yeah but in the meantime you might want to clarify what it is you are asking -- I did cover more than one possible question based off your original post.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I'm pretty sure it is pay in for the stats when I created my character. We went with the standard equipment to start like for instance my character is a dragonborn barbarian so I went with a greatsword, a buckler shield, and regular leathers armor.. I also had a backpack to start with various throwing weapons since my background is soldier.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:31 PM
Nutter Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Okay well that is slightly different than what was done in Dungeon Dive -- Standard Buy is done but when it comes to possessions everyone ony starts with 50gp and you have to earn the rest in game.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I presume the health potions and consumables need to found in the dungeon and any random things found in the dungeon.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:44 PM
Nutter Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
No you can buy the health potions and even magic items if you got the scratch but its gettin the scratch to satisfy the itch that is problematic -- the game is pretty straight forward and all said -- why not just create a version of the character that fits the rules for character creation for Dungeon Dive and run them in both places -- different games might make for different final builds *shrug* -- I am not seeing how having a character previously in CoEA makes much difference if you are basically just going to be starting the character from scratch in DD ?? I would just start a character in DD now from scratch and go with that.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
OK probably do this after christmas.