RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > Mysoth Winds of Change
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #301  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:25 PM
Craigthulu's Avatar
Craigthulu Craigthulu is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-21-2019
RPXP: 14652
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
Posts: 7,163
"Pavel, can help." Pavel says trying to think over suggestions. "I mean the other Pavel, Father Pavel. Not my father, a priest." He says exasperated as their minds move at a mile a minute trying to figure out the best way out of this mess. "He managed to destroy the snake holy symbol that we found." Pavel remembered the way Father Pavel caused the holy symbol to dissolve.

"If we can get him to the alter could he destroy the temple?" Not being an expert on ancient temples this question was kind of ambiguous. "Is it worth a shot?"
__________________
When in doubt... explosions.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 11-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-21-2019
RPXP: 2786
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Posts: 1,923
Bromkuhn Dunfal
right-aligned image


None of the options seemed particularly good to the dwarf but he knew that he didn't want to get everyone killed just to try and defend the elven temple. The thought of what could happen on any of the numerous options that Red threw out there turned his stomach a bit. The dragon still seemed the bets bet, if they could find the blasted thing. Such an ancient creature could also have knowledge of Brom's clan and how they may fit into all of this mess.

"The magics needed to reset this thing surely would be out of our grasp... the best we can do is warn the centaurs or the soldiers or whomever and then try and find this dragon. We'll likely have to broker for our lives in the process but it appears we have been thrust into this mess know aren't we?!"


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 11-26-2018, 07:47 PM
Skep's Avatar
Skep Skep is online now
Ruins the Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-22-2019
RPXP: 5192
Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep
Posts: 2,447

"I've been telling myself exactly that for the last two months, Brom," says Red as she pinches the bridge of her nose. Then, she does something unexpected: she laughs. Not a hearty, mirthful laugh; rather, the singular, piteous chuckle made by one who has fully comprehended their own madness.

"Right, well, I suppose we don't have a choice, do we?" she asks rhetorically, her eyes clenched tightly, as though her mind is at odds with her words. "An entire civilization of elves couldn't figure this out, and they had more time than us. I think... oh gods, I'm really going to say this, aren't I? ...I think we need to go talk to that dragon."

Red sniffs. "Suppose we should warn the centaurs first. Then we'll rendezvous with Alahk's people, outfit ourselves, and... well, you all know it from there."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 11-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Nasrith's Avatar
Nasrith Nasrith is offline
Creature of the Deep
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-22-2019
RPXP: 3405
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Posts: 5,338
The very real prospect of facing his people had a more jarring effect on Alahk than even the fact that they were about to search for the dragon that was said to inhabit his mountain home. The beast of leather and scales was an imagined danger, something to worry about if they found it. Facing his people again was both palpable and poignant.

The only comfort he took was that he would have the willful Red, the clever Pavel, and the steadfast Brom beside him. Puffing up his plumage, he squawked in agreement. "To the centaurs then, and the sooner the better."


 

Last edited by Nasrith; 11-27-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 11-28-2018, 03:21 PM
Bhelogan's Avatar
Bhelogan Bhelogan is online now
Druid of the Coast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-22-2019
RPXP: 17886
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Posts: 15,854
There was little the rebel soldiers of Rythey could do to stop the clock. It was really just a meter of the arcane energy left in the plates after all, not the source of its draining. People needed to be warned. The Centaurs, Rythey, the Aarokocra. But before the Soldiers could do that, they would need to get out of the forest. A forest that was currently being over-run by Yuan-ti.

Traveling back out of the clockwork room, as the door closed behind them, the Ape face yelled back his thoughts about being stuck against the wall. "See if I care if you ever come back!" was about the best insult the stone face could come up with, but it kept trying anyway. It only took a few moments for the sounds to be drowned out, as the soldiers returned back to the surface, then they returned to their horses. Heading east, they soon found the river they had been following earlier. They followed the river south again, looking for the crossing.

The east side of the river was not unoccupied. A young centaur had collapsed, still dripping wet with water from crossing the river. A few arrows, now familiar to the Soldiers as those of the Yuan-ti, protruded from his humanoid torso, horse side, and rear leg. It wasn't Toreus, who had escorted the soldiers here earlier, but he had similar warbands tied around his arms, and must have been from the same clan. "Please, don't kill me," he begged, as the Soldiers drew near. The pleading was somewhat in vain. If left alone, he surely would die.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 12-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Craigthulu's Avatar
Craigthulu Craigthulu is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-21-2019
RPXP: 14652
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
Posts: 7,163
Unable to understand the arcane workings of the clock or how to repair it, Pavel was forced to leave the room. He had just enough understanding of the situation to know hoe bad things were going to get and not enough understanding to prevent things from going to hell. In this case it seemed like Hell would be coming to see them. There was a convenience factor there if nothing else.

While riding down to the river Pavel saw the wounded centaur still wet from crossing the river bank. Springing down form his saddle Pavel was glad to have a problem he could at least solve. Taking a first aid kit from his pack the young thief started issuing orders."Alahk, check the area for enemies. Brom, stand guard for us. Max, do you know any spells to check the wider area quickly."

Pavel approaching the centaur and began patching the wounds to the best of his ability. "I'll help with your injuries. How close were the enemy behind you?"
__________________
When in doubt... explosions.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 12-03-2018, 06:35 AM
Nasrith's Avatar
Nasrith Nasrith is offline
Creature of the Deep
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-22-2019
RPXP: 3405
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Posts: 5,338
Despite the ample - and somewhat baffling - space in the sunken temple, Alahk was happy to head back to the surface. Being underground made his feathers stand on end and sent his heart pounding. He batted the brass Ape on the noise on his way out. Despite the gravity of the situation, it made him feel better.

His eyes followed Pavel's run towards the wounded centaur. A moment later, he was in the air. He didn't expect danger; his ax Battleaxe of Warning - Can't be nonmagicallty surprisedshould have warned him if there was an ambush. Instincts honed hunting kobolds in the mountains had taught him never to put too much trust outside of oneself. He stayed low, barely above the canopy. Wings out wide, he twisted in a full circle, surveying the area.


 
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 12-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-21-2019
RPXP: 2786
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Posts: 1,923
Bromkuhn Dunfal
right-aligned image


The group set off from the underground vault to search for clues as to where this fantastic dragon may be. Brom cast a sideways glance as they were leaving the massive room with the ancient clock as he appreciated the stonework and craftsmanship that was needed to piece things together. Wistfully he thought about the arcane magic that must have been needed to make the clock function for so many years.

The open air hit the travelers as they ascended up the staircase again. Not knowing what they would encounter Brom had his warhammer ready just in case. Heck, there could be evil snake creatures, confused horse people and hovering imps for crying out loud... and now we are seeking a dragon. Muamman's beard what have we gotten ourselves into. He trudged along as quickly as he could in his full plate and after walking for a while appreciated the short rest as Pavel stopped the group. The rogue shouted to his friends, "Alahk, check the area for enemies. Brom, stand guard for us. Max, do you know any spells to check the wider area quickly."

Brom raised his warhammer and shouted back, "I have your backs... do what you need to now. We must help this one... the gods know we need all the help we can get!!" Before Alahk took flight once again to help survey the nearby areas Brom held out an arm and touched his winged shoulder, Guidance, rolled a 4offering some guidance, "I know it wasn't easy for you down in the hall below ground... you will pushes you to be in the air. Just know that we all (glancing at Pavel and Red) appreciate your sacrifices made. You are one of the good ones friend."


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Bhelogan's Avatar
Bhelogan Bhelogan is online now
Druid of the Coast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-22-2019
RPXP: 17886
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Posts: 15,854
Seeing the wounded Centaur, Alahk took to the skies to look for threats. The good news is that the immediate area looked clear. Further to the east, it looked like large parts of the forest had been set on fire. Smoke was rising into the air in large black columns, making visibility out past about a mile that direction very difficult.

Pavel ran to the wounded Centaur, and with a little guidance form Brom, was able to ensure that he wouldn't bleed out. At first, the Centaur shirked from the aid, like a wounded animal would. Then he calmed down and calmed down, and let the medicine kit do its work. "Not far, but they are not coming this direction. The snake-men are going south, burning and slaughtering everything in their way. If we don't go further east, we should be safe. We were trying to stop them, but there were just too many. So, we had to flee instead. Most went further east to try and get around their army. Some of us went West. We were ambushed again. I don't know if anyone else made it this way."
__________________

Last edited by Bhelogan; 12-04-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Nasrith's Avatar
Nasrith Nasrith is offline
Creature of the Deep
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-22-2019
RPXP: 3405
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Posts: 5,338
Just as quickly as Alahk had risen, he was back down again. The birdman landed with a few extra wingbeats to halt his momentum, coming to stand beside the others. "Burning," he said breathlessly. "To the east and south."

With quick movements, his head wobbled to the other members of the party, down to the centaur, and then back up."Don't know where they're going, but it's not towards the temple."

 
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 AM
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-21-2019
RPXP: 2786
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Posts: 1,923
Bromkuhn Dunfal
right-aligned image


Brom is sure what to do when caught up in a war of these proportions. In Hay Field he just had to worry about minding his father's shop. Even when he started venturing further away he was able to take treks through the countryside but never ran into anything like this. He looked to the others to offer input on the group's next steps but offered his thoughts on the injured centaur's information. "Maybe we can circle back around the way the centaur's went to make sure there are no others that are wounded... it would appear that this battle needs as many participants as possible to go up against this snake men."


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 12-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Skep's Avatar
Skep Skep is online now
Ruins the Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-22-2019
RPXP: 5192
Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep
Posts: 2,447

The wizard stays mostly silent, considering Alahk's observations and Brom's desires after the centaur speaks. The decisions weren't going to be easily reached today, it seems.

"We can't chase after anybody circling around to the east," Red reasons. "Even if they didn't find trouble, going after them, we'll lose whatever advantage of time we have over the army." She looks at Brom. "I don't want to make it seem like I don't care about those who might have been wounded, but... what we found out... well, it's important, and we're the only ones that know it. And if we want to stay a step ahead of their advance, and be the most useful we can be, we can't waste any time here. Our best odds would be to angle southward, use our speed to get in front of their army and outpace it."

"If we want to go east, attempt to rally the centaurs and coordinate strikes from the rear, we should only send one of us to do it," she adds. "It can be me if it has to. I'm the best rider; I might even be able to catch you again."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 12-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Craigthulu's Avatar
Craigthulu Craigthulu is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-21-2019
RPXP: 14652
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
Posts: 7,163
"We know where their going Max. If the centaurs were routed once they might not rally again, they might be too wounded to fight effectively. If they can get to Rythey the soldiers and maybe the Arakocra can help support them. A combined force might be able to do what the Centaurs couldn't on their own." Pavel took out his last potion of healing and gave it to the centaur. "I'm Pavel. Drink that potion and get the centaur army to rally at the fortress of Rythey. The soldiers will be able to help you."

"Max, if were going to find a big ally to change the course of this war we're going to need your help. If we split up there is no guarantee that you'll be able to find us again. Lets try and get ahead of the army."
__________________
When in doubt... explosions.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 12-15-2018, 10:09 AM
Bhelogan's Avatar
Bhelogan Bhelogan is online now
Druid of the Coast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-22-2019
RPXP: 17886
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Posts: 15,854
The Centaur took Pavel's potion, looked at it skeptically for a moment, but then took a drink. Immediately, he felt better. Not whole, but good enough to stand, and probably run. "Thank you," he offered, humbly. "You speak of Rythey and allies? I do not know this place. It is not on our lands. We do not like to travel away from our homelands. But, some may be willing to help, if still alive. I will circle back, go north first and try to get behind the army. Then look for my people, and tell them of your plan. Even on horses, we are faster than you. We should be able to catch up before you leave the forest." The centaur gave his name, Jaux, before storming off. His estimate was correct, the Soldiers were a bit surprised to see, in that he was in fact very fast on his feet. Faster than the soldiers on their horses, which gave them hope that in-fact, the Centaurs might be able to catch back up with them before they left the forest.


It had been several days since Jaux had left, to go north, when the Soldiers recognized enough landmarks to know they were only a day away from Rythey's gates. The crossroads would soon come into sight, south heading to Rythey, while continuing west would eventually lead home in the El Stow region. The Soldiers, soon to be ex-soldiers, had made their way out of the forest, and gotten ahead of the Yuan-ti army. They could see from the campfires behind them, that they were only about a day ahead of the army on the road. The force looked massive. Much larger than they might have anticipated. Easily over a thousand, if not more, by the looks of the camp size.

A small cloud of dust coming from the road west was spotted on the horizon was spotted, coming towards the Soldier. Once in view close enough to see, it looked like about a dozen riders. A little closer, and they could be made out properly, not as men riding horses, but Centaurs. It wasn't the direction the Soldier's expected to see them come from. At the head of the small band, Jaux took the lead. While the main body of this hunting pack kept their distance from the soldiers, Jaux approached and hailed Pavel and Max. "We have a few hunters, brave and healthy enough to come. We couldn't go south to catch you though, the way was cut off. So, we had to make our way through the hills. Do you smell the air? It is strange here. Almost like ice. We saw your fortress down the other path. Do you think those tall walls will be able to protect you?" The question was made in earnest. Jaux had no clue how effective, or not, the walls of Rythey might be in defense from an oncoming army. "So, what is your plan?"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 12-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Craigthulu's Avatar
Craigthulu Craigthulu is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-21-2019
RPXP: 14652
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
Posts: 7,163
"The walls won't stand on their own but inside them we'll be able to find allies and siege weapons." Pavel said to the centaur warrior who managed to meet them at the rendezvous point. He had to ask exactly what their plan was, they had only managed to cobble together a vague outline of ideas at best. "Alhak has allies in the area, too. If we can get their help we might be able to hold out for a short time. If we can last long enough, we can get word to the armies of El Stow. Then numbers will be on our side."

When you said it like that the whole idea sounded like a plan. Pavel didn't mention that they were also going to look for a dragon who may or may not want to kill them. "Max, Brom, Alhak and I will go into the fortress and try to destroy the alter. Once that is done the Yuan Ti won't have any reason to be here and they might disband. Before we do that we have to find something in the mountains first. This is a bit of gamble but it is the best gamble we have."

Pavel let Jaux know the extent of their plight. If they were going to die together it seemed like there shouldn't be too many secrets between them. "Another, thing. In the woods near the fortress you'll be able to find a powerful ally named Alvyn."

Pavel held out hand to the centaur. "Thanks for the help. We won't let you down." It was a hollow sentiment but if they all failed Jaux wouldn't know, it did no harm to tell the lie. The old Pavel would have thought that way at least, for some reason he found that he meant the useless platitude. After letting so many people down his whole life Pavel wanted to keep his word to Jaux.
__________________
When in doubt... explosions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB