twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-19-2018, 02:07 AM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9884
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Out of curiosity, what is the point buy?
GM for: Korvosa
Old 07-19-2018, 02:16 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the point buy?
I'm planning that stuff. It'll probably be my usual 25 or 20 if i want a little more difficulty
Old 07-19-2018, 03:30 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Also will we be using background skills system?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Also will we be using background skills system?
Welll, I've never used that system in my games (Actually, just heard about it from YOU) so no

Edit: Nevermind, I was told I should allow it so yeah, its useable

Last edited by Krow Nest; 07-19-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:59 AM

Tools
User Statistics
My apologies for rapid firing questions, trying to make sure my story corresponds with skills and traits I pick.

You have drawback on the application. Are we to take two traits and a drawback or three traits and a drawback?
Old 07-19-2018, 09:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 188
Egeslean Egeslean
Old 07-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
My apologies for rapid firing questions, trying to make sure my story corresponds with skills and traits I pick.

You have drawback on the application. Are we to take two traits and a drawback or three traits and a drawback?
Campaing trait, drawback, then trait for that. Get me? Only 2 traits and one of those traits must be a campaign trait from Wrath of the Righteous

Edit: Nevermind, I mean you get 2 and 1 from drawback. One of those has to be a campaign trait from the book though

Last edited by Krow Nest; 07-19-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Celestial Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 881
Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel
Posting interest.

First off, nice Av

Secondly a few questions. You mentioned we should ask about 3p classes.

I'm playing with the idea for a Warlord with the Bushi ACF. Is that something you'd be willing to allow?

The build ties in thematically well with the Iaijutsu Focus from 3.0's There is a port/errata of the book in Dragon Magazine 318, which makes it compatible with 3.5 and from 3.5 it's [retty much PF compatible.Oriental Adventures. I'm not sure you'd be up for that, but no harm in asking for that as well I guess.

Lastly, I wanna use the Creating New Weapons rules for the weapon she'd carry and wanted to know if you'd be ok with that.
NOTICE: All events and opinions expressed in-character on this site are fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise simply made-up. They are intended for entertainment purposes only and any perceived relations to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and purely coincidental.

Last edited by Angel; 07-19-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9653
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Name: Rhia’narion Rhys'myrta

Race: Elf

Class: Wizard

Alignment: NG

Traits: Chance Encounter, Magical Lineage

Drawback: Condescending

Description: Tall and blonde haired woman with the stately elegance and grace of all elves. She is almost always seen in an elegant dress with arcane sigils patterned into the cloth. Her piercing blue eyes look on the world with high curiosity about its internal workings.

Background: Rhia’narion was raised in the shop of her Father who was a wizard crafter of some renown and her mother who was a spell blade. Silk'ainen was fascinated by the elemental processes. How fire could metal rocks to liquid, how water could turn the hot metal solid, how air fed the fire. She studied the methods by which one could craft raw materials into treasures. With careful deliberation she watched: the intensity of the flame produced different colors in the blaze. That a combination of ores lead to stronger metals or more resilient blades. A master craftsman could imbue their creations with magical powers, swords that struck more keenly, arrows that found their targets and burst into flame, and it was her desire to learn their secrets. With time she ventured forth to other craftsman, ones that could make cloaks that blended in with the woodlands, or made your steps untraceable in the woods. Although enlightening in an intellectual way, the proving grounds for the craftsman’s creations is not in the libraries and academies of academia. The true test of the craftsman’s work is in the abuse of actual combat situations. How did it work? Why did it fail?

She has spent a long time in libraries with tomes and studying the arts of magic, but never could seem to get as far as she wanted. She's always felt that just like crafting magic must be tested against the real world. Thus, when she was young she absconded into the Wolrdwound. There she used her limited magics against the demons there, but would have perished if not for a chance encounter. The person who saved her did bring her back to her parents, but since then she's ached to retun. To test her magic against the demons again and to learn new ways of fighting them.

That is why she has settled in Kenebras. To study more to use her magic against the demons and to gain power and more importantly knowledge. Unlike most of her kin she is not content to waste away hundreds of years in study, instead she intends to learn now, learn today or die in the attempt.

Personality: Rhia’narion or (as some plebians with less that a true appreciation for elven culture call her) Rhiannon or Rhia is a somewhat haughty and brilliant mage. Rhia’narion is methodical and has a deeply rooted desire to ‘understand’ the laws of the universe. When intrigued by something, all of her attention is focused on it. As an elf, she has ‘all the time in the world’ so to speak and has endless patience for the minutiae of a process that has called to her. Few, if any people earn enough respect in her books to be considered companions and even fewer are named as her friends. This fact serves to make her aloof from most social situations. In fact, when she is first meeting people or in complex social situations she is usually rather condescending.

She almost always has a book about her person and often a number of them that she might gain new knowledge and information. When asked a question she will either know the answer or be determined to find out what the answer is, spending hours in the library if need be or even questing into dank dungeons and ruining her dress. The quest for knowledge is highly important nearly moreso than anything else.

Last edited by Ysolde; 07-25-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the interest guys!

@Ysolde is your sheet done? I need an idea on why she's in Kenabres
Old 07-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9653
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Thanks for the interest guys!

@Ysolde is your sheet done? I need an idea on why she's in Kenabres
Didn't make a sheet yet, but I can. Epic Fantasy or High?

I figured the reason was in her background, e.g. "The true test of the craftsman’s work is in the abuse of actual combat situations. How did it work? Why did it fail?" That plus a quest for knowledge even including in Demon infested pits puts her in Kenabres.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysolde View Post
Didn't make a sheet yet, but I can. Epic Fantasy or High?

I figured the reason was in her background, e.g. "The true test of the craftsman’s work is in the abuse of actual combat situations. How did it work? Why did it fail?" That plus a quest for knowledge even including in Demon infested pits puts her in Kenabres.
By sheet, i meant application. And I’d like the background to specifically explain why she was in Kenabres
Old 07-22-2018, 02:14 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Updated app. Name changed to be more fitting with Kellid background.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, the Application table has been updated! Anyone need me to look over their applications?

Last edited by Krow Nest; 07-22-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:36 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Name on the table needs updating :-)