RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-25-2018, 02:35 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14218
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus

<< Recruiting Again as of 3/5/19 >>

Game NameInheritors of the Imperium Nihilus
Game SystemWarhammer 40k Wrath and Glory
ThemeExploration of Lost Lands, Fighting the Rising Tide
FlavourHeroes Against the Grim Darkness

Plot SummaryThe forge world of Varkyia has burned. The heretics of the Dark Gods have won, their sinister plots having gone unnoticed for too long, and the heavy fist of the Imperium has brought the hammer of vengeance down on them. But even in the endless light of Exterminatus one can find heroes. Those with the will and the means to set out and strike back, to help reclaim lost territory in the name of the God Emperor. You are those heroes, and this is your story.
The SkinnyWe are about to leave Session One of our Wrath and Glory game set in the Gilead system of the Imperium Nihilus and we could use a few more interested bodies to round out the fun. Do you love all things, or even just a few things, Warhammer 40k? This might be just your cup of tea.

Already own the system? Awesome, we're doing a Tier 3 - Rank 1 game. Don't own it? No sweat, compadre. The system is pretty straight forward and I'll be glad to guide you on how to mechanically construct your concept. The game tier allows for almost anything familiar to you in the Warhammer 40k universe. Space marines, rogue traders, sanctioned psykers, imperial commissars, even hive-world scum. If you know enough about the setting to create an idea for a type of character, we can put numbers to it.

We currently have a righteous Crusader of the Ecclesiarchy, a Tech Priest of the Adeptus Mechanicus, a Space Marine and a creepy Eldar sharpshooter. Things that are underrepresented in the current roster are Astra Militarum characters (imperial guardsman, tempestus scion and commissar) and Imperial Bureaucracy characters (inquisitorial acolytes, sanctioned psykers). The next section of the story will focus on a Hive World and would be a great entry point for Scum characters (hive gangers, scavvy mutants, and desperados) if someone wants to explore life outside the Imperial standard.
ExpectationsPosting expectations are light, once or twice a week.

I don't need a whole lot to get you going here. A general concept of what you'd like to play is fine. A couple of sentences to a paragraph of information on who your character is and why they'd be fun to kick around in the Dark Imperium.

Since I'm asking for so little in terms of application info, I'm only going to keep this here until I've got the 1 - 2 additional players I desire. No set closing date or anything, but I'd expect this round of recruiting to last no more than two weeks.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 03-06-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:22 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1375
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Well I've got some ideas...And if you are willing to help us poor saps who haven't gotten it yet, I just have one question: What year is it?
Old 08-25-2018, 06:53 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumUnicorn View Post
Well I've got some ideas...And if you are willing to help us poor saps who haven't gotten it yet, I just have one question: What year is it?
The timeline is fairly vague on this. The Cicatrix Maledictum, or Great Rift, opens in 999.M41 and that event splits the Dark Imperium from the Imperium proper. Since Gilead exists on the wrong side of that rift and that separation is key to the system being in the shape it is, post 999.M41 is concrete.

Jakel Varonius' efforts to navigate the Rift and make his way into the Gilead system is said to have taken 'a couple decades', so we could safely sit anywhere post-20.M42 but I've not had a cause to narrow it to a specific date yet. The Indomitus Crusade is certainly ongoing but that spans a hundred years or so. That leaves us plenty of room to play with. If your concept requires a specific date we can work it to fit as thus far nothing else has demanded I assign a definitive number.

Timeline for Reference.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 08-25-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:57 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1375
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Alrighty, so here we are. As long as we are in the first few decades after the Fall of Cadia, I should be good.

ApplicationName: Lt. Alexandria Depront, Kasrkin of the 987th Cadian Shock Regiment (Temputus Scion)

Personality: A weatherbeaten and hardnosed vet with no home to go back to, Alexandria wants to go out on the biggest pile of traitor corpses she can make.

Background: Born and raised on Cadia, Alexandria grew up wanting to serve in the name of the Emperor like her father and his father before him. In her time in the Whiteshields, she was selected for the great honor of being trained not just as a shock trooper but as one of the proud and elite Karsrkin. Her regiment was unfortunately shipped elsewhere offworlk 13th Crusade, allowing her to watch and hear the destruction of her homeworld while they held back the dark forces from taking out another planet in the system. In the years since, her regiment was slowly whittled down, though she has continued to serve the Emperor in whatever capacity she can.

Last edited by MaximumUnicorn; 08-26-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 03:42 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5327
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
I would love a Warhammer game, this looks very interesting and has for a long time but I am timid towards getting into it since I know nothing about the system and little-to-nothing about the lore/story/lay-of-the-land.

Mr. GM, If I were to scour the web and maybe find something viable, would you be able to help me build a decent character mechanic-wise?
Old 08-26-2018, 07:39 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumUnicorn View Post
Alrighty, so here we are. As long as we are in the first few decades after the Fall of Cadia, I should be good.

ApplicationName: Lt. Alexandria Depront, Kasrkin of the 987th Cadian Shock Regiment (Temputus Scion)
Awesome. Nice to see some representation for the Adeptus Militarum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
I would love a Warhammer game, this looks very interesting and has for a long time but I am timid towards getting into it since I know nothing about the system and little-to-nothing about the lore/story/lay-of-the-land.

Mr. GM, If I were to scour the web and maybe find something viable, would you be able to help me build a decent character mechanic-wise?
Sure thing. Wrath and Glory is considerably friendlier to newcomers than previous games were.

Taking20 did a week of reviews of the system. Imperium archetypes is a good place to start.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 08-26-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5018
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
When you say a space marine do you mean only tactical marines or are blood angel assault marines or white scar bikers options as well?
Old 08-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
When you say a space marine do you mean only tactical marines or are blood angel assault marines or white scar bikers options as well?
The chapters are represented, with appropriate bonuses, and both jump packs and space marine bikes are stated and accessible. So yeah, you can use the tactical space marine archetype and represent those easily enough with proper skill and gear choices.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:12 PM
Werewolf of London

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14124
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
... So.

If I had an idea for a The Horus Heresy type, not the Deathwatch typeBlackshield that I wanted to employ... would that be fitting?
Old 08-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAvanti View Post
... So.

If I had an idea for a The Horus Heresy type, not the Deathwatch typeBlackshield that I wanted to employ... would that be fitting?
Better than in most games, I imagine. The Dark Imperium is a place for pragmatic outlook and desperate alliances. Show me what you've got.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:40 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01

Last edited by Arthilian01; 08-26-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:42 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I don't know how viable or possible/likely that is or how well he will fit but I can change it to some other concepts I have. He wasn't my best concept but the first that came in clear enough. A simple brute with a penchant for cruel tactics.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 08-26-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:01 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
And there is a more preferred character, not quite as simple in my mind as far as mechanics go but it seems like more fun than Slaghammer.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:40 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Drakex Drakex Drakex Drakex
I would be interested in a Sanctioned Psyker for this. Not sure which ascension path, I will go for. I do have the book.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakex View Post
I would be interested in a Sanctioned Psyker for this. Not sure which ascension path, I will go for. I do have the book.
Feel free to drop some details here. I still have a spot or two unfilled and will likely be looking at making final decisions over the weekend.