RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 10:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Drakex Drakex Drakex Drakex
Titus

Sanctioned Psyker
Ascension Package: Stay the Course
Memorable Injury: Broken Jaw

Titus is a Sanctioned Psyker, born and raised on a Hive World, he was chosen among billions and billions of imperials and not only survived the test and was judged powerful enough to serve the Imperium.

Titus is a veteran of Cadia, he survived the infamous assault of Abaddon's Black Crusade when the Planet fell. Barely escaping with his life and sanity from the never ending assault of chaos soldiers and spawns.

Titus aspire simply to survive another day and serves the Imperium until the day, he could retire.

Beside that, He is a rather focused person and tend to mumbles to himself a lot, a habit or way for him to keep his sanity.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2032
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Scout

Name: Celadril
Race: Eldar
Archetype: Eldar Ranger (Tier 2)

Appearance: Celadril is 5' 10" tall and slim. He habitually wears a cloak and face covering mask and he carries a Long Rifle like many of his kin who follow the same path, and a sword. When he does remove his facemask, he has fine chiselled features, blond hair and violet eyes; when he removes his armour it is clear that his body carries the scars of many engagements with the forces of Slaanesh. He moves with the effortless grace and stealth of his people, and blindingly quickly to human eyes.

Personality: Celedril is a fanatical warrior against the forces of Slaanesh. He trains continuously and is always looking for a way to harm Chaos. He is focused, determined and somewhat of a sociopath. He really does prefer his own company and thoughts to those of others.

Background: Born on the Craftworld of Alaitoc, Celadril felt stifled by the insistence that he should follow a single Path at a time. He chose to follow the 'Path of the Outcast' and left Alaitoc to roam the universe in search of adventure, things and persons who interest him and the chance to strike against the forces of Slaanesh. This has developed his psychic skills, and his ability with the Long Rifle, as he learns more and begins to accept that one day he will return to Alsitoc and take up the Path of the Warlock. He has been roaming for some time and ended up in the Dark Imperium by chance when he left the Webway on the last occasion. He is aware of the fall of Varkyia and is ready to help in any way he can.

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; 08-30-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:43 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
theeternalnoob theeternalnoob
I apologize if resurrecting a thread is taboo here - this is my first post. I'm very interested in a 40k RPG, and would love to give Wrath and Glory a spin. I don't imagine you're looking for another player at this point, but I thought you might know of other 40k (or 41k as it were) games out there.

I'd be interested to read what has been going on with Varkyria as well, if you have a link to the game.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15046
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
So, we are about to move on to Session Two of our Wrath and Glory game and I'd like to flesh out the group a bit more going forward. I'm in the market for a couple interested parties who want to get bloody and righteous in the Warhammer 40k universe.

We currently have a righteous Crusader of the Ecclesiarchy, a Tech Priest of the Adeptus Mechanicus, a Space Marine and a creepy Eldar sharpshooter. Things that are underrepresented in the current roster are Astra Militarum characters (imperial guardsman, tempestus scion and commissar) and Imperial Bureaucracy characters (inquisitorial acolytes, sanctioned psykers and rogue traders). The next section of the story will focus on a Hive World and would be a great entry point for Scum characters (hive gangers, scavvy mutants, and desperados) if someone wants to explore life outside the Imperial standard.

Reference the first post of the thread for details.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 03-06-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Madman Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 140
Leniyuhl Leniyuhl
Character concept:

Name: Gregorii Zladov
Archetype: Inquisitorial Acolyte (Ordo Hereticus)
Description: By looking at him you wouldnt know that Gregorii was anything other that a well off hive ganger. His weapons and armor may be military grade, but his clothing and his scarred face tells a story of a life in the gutter rather than the relative comfort of the PDF barracks. His light brown hair is dirty and hasnt seen a comb in ages and his beard is long and unruly. His gray eyes hints of the grim outlook that haunt the disenfranchised but somehow he also give off this aura of charisma. If you were a hive scum looking for a drinking buddy, chances are youd want to hear his story.
Personality: Gregorii is pragmatic and dedicated to his task. He thrives among the poor and criminal elements of the empire even though he has grown to despise them. Secretive and manipulative he tends to find the truth if it is out there.
Short bio: Gregorii started out as a normal hive world worker. Being charismatic he had lots of friends growing up and found himself counting both gangers and PDF-members as his friends when he got an idea. He started facilitating the trade of military goods from the PDF to some of the gangs in exchange for whatever goods the gangers had manage to steal or rob from the rest of the hive. This was almost too successful. Gregorii was barely one step ahead of the arbites at every turn and was probably going to be caught if fate hadnt intervened. An inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus by the name of Ezekiel Regolius Stromme III was monitoring the area due to a rise in cult activity and when he noticed they were getting better and better weapons he tracked them to their source. Seeing Gregorii's potential value he gave the smuggler an ultimatum: help the inquisition or die. Realizing that he had no choice, but also in some part due to a bad conscience due to supplying heretics with arms Gregorii accepted and did his small part in mapping cult activity and infiltrating the cult. In the end the cult was destroyed with the help of the adepta sororitas and Gregorii was trained as an acolyte due to his part in the operation.
Questions:
Two people from your smuggling days know about your service to the Inqusition, one from the PDF and one from the gang. Tell me their names and how each feels about Gregorii now.
Kostya Tereskovna - PDF munitions officer. Still friendly and regards Gregorii as "the one that got out" of the friends. Makes contact through astropath message from time to time. Still hangs out with Misha and gives updates to Gregorii about his former friend.
Misha Orlov - Ganger. Got more of a liutenant role now. Although even he would never knowingly help heretics he feel betrayed and no longer speaks to Gregorii. He still hasnt told anyone though due to his sense of loyalty.
After the successful purge of the cult, Inquisitor Stromme said something that's always stuck with you. What was it?
Shortly after being able to stand after his injuries in the assault on the cult, Gregorii was called by Inquisitor Stromme. He was inducted as an acolyte and sent to a training camp. Before Gregorii left the Inquisitor told him : "Be proud, Gregorii. You were instrumental in fighting back the heretics. But remember that it was your failings that armed them, your focus on personal gain that helped them get so close to infecting this entire planet." Although getting words of praise from an inquisitor was foreign to a lowborn hiver like Gregorii, it was the second part that stuck with him.

Last edited by Leniyuhl; 03-12-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10373
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Have room and love Warhammer 40k. I don't know the system, but would be willing to learn. Hopefully there is a healing type class.

In any case here's my Idea.

Name: Dr. Rhiannon McShae

Class Type: Healer

Order: Adeptas Sororitas Hospitallar: Order of Serenity

Description: Golden hair flows like a halo around her helmet. Her Pure white robe with ruby red hem makes her seem like an angel has alit upon the field of battle.

Personality: Rhiannon is perfectly serene and calm. Whether against the hordes of chaos, heretics, or Tyrannids she does not waver and shows no sign of fear or urgency. Her touch is like a blessing and her voice is like cool water after a long trip through a parched dessert.

History: Born to a Noble house Rhiannon was the third child and thus was sent to the church. She grew up as a Novice in Adeptas Sororitas and when she showed signs of being able to heal she was immediately sent to train with Adeptas Sororitas Hospitillar. As with all the Hospitallers she has been sent to war zones or disaster-stricken areas of the galaxy, providing the people of the Imperium with medical care and compassion when it is most needed.

Rhiannon has proved herself on numerous battlefields. Her healing power pushing through power armor and healing wounds that should be fatal. There is little that seems to sway her power or her faith and yet she holds the darkest of secrets. For you see it was a decade or more ago that Rhiannon nearly fell on the battlefield. Indeed all of her sisters, the Space Marines with them, and innocent civilians behind them were left to the threshing maw of a Tyrannid hive. The horrid Xeno's the Eldar arrived and saved her, protected the vivillians and Rhiannon was given a single item. A talisman of Isha, Goddess of the Harvest, Fertility, Life, Healing and Growth. Since that time Rhiannon has fallen into heresy. Worshipping not the God Emperor, but instead Isha. It is the power of that goddess that flows through Rhiannon and into her comrades in arms now and, though it is heresy, though it is forbidden Rhiannon can not bring herself to repent or cease this worship. Especially not when it so very clearly works.

Perhaps this is why Rhiannon is often seen on her own? She generally steers herself clear of inquisitors and others who seek out heretics. She steers clear of too many of he Sisters of Battle or the Sisters of Healing in one place. She sets up a shrine in secret wherever she goes and she always, always, holds onto her medallion to Isha.

Someone from you family recently contacted you with a request for help. Who was it and what do they need? Are you going to help them?
My Eldest Brother Seamus heir and currently a Duke. He has asked my assistance with his wife. She has had numerous stillbirths and he thinks that my healing ability can help. This may be true and yet if I intervene I would make it so that my sister's children will certainly not inherit. It is a difficult question and I am truly not sure if I will help him. It is likely that I just don't have the time to go all the way to visit my brother and his wife and yet my duty to heal Imperial Citizens does call on me. Perhaps I will help, but only if he and his wife agree to come to me.

During the Tyranid assault you took an injury that just hasn't healed right despite your best efforts. Describe it.
A wound on my left side. It pierces the left mammary gland directly through the lactiferous sinus ducts ruining the exterior structure around them. The scar is a vibrant red and, to this day, it will often bleed requiring gauze.

Last edited by Ysolde; 03-13-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14750
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Ysolde, you're a fan of 40k too? Does this mean you'll need another new avatar?

<<Update >> Schedule is completely borked with no resolution in sight. I will be transitioning to mobile updates on breaks at work. I apologise in advance for any drop in post quality! Please poke me if I've missed anything, it's hard to stay as organized on mobile ~_~
Old 03-07-2019, 09:02 AM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
INTERESTED! I have a long history with the tabletop game, no history with the RPG. Let me dig into the rules and see what I can come up with.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Concept for 'The Reach'Name: Snake
Race: Human
Archetype: Scavvy Mutant

Appearance: Snake is a normally proportioned human male, if a little on the slender side. His skin is greenish in hew, and has a more lizard-like than human texture (though not exactly scaly). Snake has no hair on his body at all. Even with all this, however, snake's most noticeably feature is a long, prehensile tail. Snake's eyes have yellow irises with cat-like pupils.

Personality: Snake is a micro-pessimist but macro-optimist, which is to say that he assumes the worst when it comes immediate events, but has a general belief that despite the horrors of the universe, humanity and its allies will ultimately prevail over the darkness. Much of this is driven by Snake's belief that he is a "chosen one" with a great destiny as a savior of some type. He has received visions to that effect (or so he believes). Whether these visions are actual psychic insights or just insanity is unclear, however.

Background: Snake was born to a small pocket of scavvy nomads living deep in the toxic bowels of a hive world. Though the world surely has a name, Snake's tribe never knew it. To them, it was just "the waste." When Snake came of age, he began having disturbing dreams. Eventually, the dreams became waking visions, the worst of which sent Snake blindly fleeing into the under-hive alone. While Snake was alone, the rest of his tribe was slain to the last babe by a band of chaos cultists. In the time that followed, Snake's erratic visions transformed into psychic ability. This newfound power allowed Snake to survive on his own, though it may have had an impact on his sanity. Snake has come to believe that he has a great destiny as a savior - perhaps just a savior of this planet, but perhaps something even greater. He is smart enough to keep such heretical thoughts to himself, but they do still guide his actions and beliefs. An encounter with PCs of grander stature than his fits neatly into this messianic worldview, making him likely to join such a group if given the opportunity.

Abilities: Snake's prehensile tale is his obvious mutation. His psychic abilities derive from the "Psyhic Revelations" ascension package. His primary psychic discipline is Divination (actual powers to be figured out if I get into the game).

CHARACTER THEME SONG

'Heartland' ConceptName: Silvanus Caspien
Race: Human
Archetype: Inquisitorial Adept (Ordo Xenos)

Appearance: At first glance, Silvanus looks like any other inquisitorial adept, except possibly for the cybernetic eye. His robes bear the symbols of the Ordo Xenos. His skin is fair. His short hair is brown, and his one human eye is blue. On closer inspection, a careful observer might notice a few unusual items hanging from his belt. Some even look alien.

Personality: Silvanus is an observer, first and foremost. He listens. He watches. He chooses his words carefully when he speaks. He tends to think of himself as somewhat outside the rules - except for the rules of his order, and even then, not always. His quest for alien knowledge and artifacts can be consuming, and is one of the few things that may cause him to lose his caution and leap before he looks.

Background: Early in his career, Silvanus became a favored adept of Inquisitor Hektor. Hektor was a radical Ordo Xenos inquisitor, and he was pleased both by Silvanus's skill as and adept and also his acceptance of Hektor's radical path. Silvanus became one of Hektor's primary agents in the field, often tasked with investigating reports of xenos artifacts. It has been some time since Hektor last contacted Silvanus however, and Silvanus has come to fear Hektor is dead. Silvanus is now attempting to find a new path for himself that doesn't involve returning to the often boring duties of a typical adept.

Note: I envision Silvanus as having a few items of eldar equipment, obtained as part of his two Ascension packages. These will be things Silvanus picked up on his missions for Hektor, but which Hektor decided to give to Silvanus to help him on future missions. Silvanus carries and official sanction from Hektor indicating that he is approved to carry this equipment.

CHARACTER THEME SONG

Last edited by timplausible; 03-13-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3263
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
I love warhammer game. Missed this one. Let me see if can get a character in mind. Otherwise I will lurk.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:08 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 324
g047br41n g047br41n g047br41n g047br41n
Interested. Will try to come up with a character soon.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15046
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Wow, quite a bit of interest this go round.

When I initially envisioned this game back in the day I had it in mind to create a story for characters out in the Reach and a story for characters in the Heartlands. There is something of a cold war going on between the Rogue Trader Jakel Varonius and Lord Militant Tyleria Fylamon in the Gilead sector and I thought it would be cool to explore that from both sides. Never got enough interest on my previous advert to put that together, though.

If I get enough interest to form a second party (and, accordingly, feel free to explore archetypes other than those I mentioned as being lacking) for a Heartlands game I may well institute that this time. As a brief, Tyleria Fylamon is the highest ranking Militarum official in the region. Militarum characters (space marines/battle sisters, guardsmen, commissars), Administarum (inquisitorial agents, sanctioned psykers) and Ecclesiarchy (crusaders, death cult assassins) characters make a lot of sense for the Heartlands but anything non-xenos would be viable as she is pulling in all possible resources to maintain her power.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 03-08-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:55 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 400
Arch Magos Rlyeh Arch Magos Rlyeh Arch Magos Rlyeh Arch Magos Rlyeh Arch Magos Rlyeh
I would be interested if you get the second party going. Have a really cool idea for a vindicare assassin..
Old 03-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10373
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Ysolde, you're a fan of 40k too? Does this mean you'll need another new avatar?
If I could fit them both I would!!

In either case I'm sure an Adeptas Sororitas Hospitaller would be good in either location.

Last edited by Ysolde; 03-08-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3263
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
I would like to know more about this power dynamic and would be willing to play either side.

I have never played this system and wouldn't be able to buy the book for a few weeks due to other expenses but I woild be willing to learn.

I play the tabletop game with a few imperial guard armies, and one deathskull ork army. So I know the background well. Also dabbled in Dark Hesery Rpg they made a while ago. Recently awaiting the necromunda video game with great excitement.

Last night I was thinking of a Gunnery Sergeant character. An ex-artillery specialist of some kind, or still employed. Unsure what level of character we could be. Would it be more suiting to be closer to the level of captain or are we all starting as low ranking henchmen so to speak.

Also read thru part of the game thread. Very great introduction to the game.